ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)

• 433 Replies
Re: ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)
« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2015, 09:03:01 PM »
Care to draw that for us razor . I,m having trouble understanding the concept. You know you leave north with you compass pointing north,head south & end up at north. Your compass would be pointed north the whole time. So please explain how you derived your at the South Pole ?

Are you proposing a compass that senses true north, or a magnetic compass, charles?

If it's an ideal true-north-sensing compass and you traveled due south from the north pole, you'd know you got to the south pole when it suddenly changed directions 180° as you walked straight ahead[nb]An ideal geographic compass could do that. As Aliveandkicking noted, expect a real one to get unstable near the poles, and not "flip" all at once.[/nb]. If you followed the compass north (i.e. kept moving in the same direction after the compass needle reversed), you'd end up back at the north pole and would recognize it when your compass suddenly reversed directions again. 

If you're using nothing but a magnetic compass, even an ideal one, to find the south geographic pole, it won't work. An ideal magnetic compass could find the south magnetic pole, though, but that's a different place than the south geographic pole.

Is that what you were asking? Does that answer your question?

Reversed ? Why would it need to reverse, when its pointing north the whole time . Is there more then one northpole ?

Nope. It's because all directions from the South Pole are north. What other direction could they be? More souther? If you're one meter from the South Pole and walking south, south is in front of you. If you continue straight for two meters further, you've walked one meter past the South Pole, and south is now behind you. Right? Since south is behind you, you're now walking north even though you simply walked in a straight line, right? If your ideal geographic compass is accurately reading direction to the north pole, it changes direction the moment you crossed the pole.

Your longitude also jumped by 180° the moment you crossed the pole. All the longitudes converge at the pole, and longitude has no meaning at that point.

It's quite simple and can usually be easily understood by kids in grade school. Is it really this hard for you, or are you pretending to be stupid? If the latter, why? If you're trying to make flat-earth believers look dumb, they don't need any help with that.

<blah, blah, blah blah blah>
::)
Well demonstrate it . Shouldn't be to hard for you to Show us where we can find footage of this compass doing a 180 shift , after  crossing  this apparent pole you tell us exsist at this location . Understood ? No told they must believe in the  crap their being told.
What part of "compasses don't work close to the poles" didn't you understand?
Then its just another  made up lie  from you  shit talkers , that  a compass flips 180 after crossing this apparent pole you tell us exsist at this location. Admit it you are nothing more then fucken scum bag liars .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #361 on: May 14, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »
Bloomington cikljamas and sceptimatic are the same person. Minimally they have a very close association.   Their objective is to frustrate you.   They can never be nailed down.  They will always divert.

Their objective at the moment is to divert the thread from the topic at hand.

Please stay on topic.     If you want to discuss compasses at the Poles then create a thread for that

Psychologically what is happening on this thread is very interesting and is worth pursuing.
Direction  is part of the topic of the thread & direction & a compass go hand in hand .  The only diverting being done here, is by you  lying scum.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

« Reply #362 on: May 14, 2015, 10:29:01 PM »
Care to draw that for us razor . I,m having trouble understanding the concept. You know you leave north with you compass pointing north,head south & end up at north. Your compass would be pointed north the whole time. So please explain how you derived your at the South Pole ?

Are you proposing a compass that senses true north, or a magnetic compass, charles?

If it's an ideal true-north-sensing compass and you traveled due south from the north pole, you'd know you got to the south pole when it suddenly changed directions 180° as you walked straight ahead[nb]An ideal geographic compass could do that. As Aliveandkicking noted, expect a real one to get unstable near the poles, and not "flip" all at once.[/nb]. If you followed the compass north (i.e. kept moving in the same direction after the compass needle reversed), you'd end up back at the north pole and would recognize it when your compass suddenly reversed directions again. 

If you're using nothing but a magnetic compass, even an ideal one, to find the south geographic pole, it won't work. An ideal magnetic compass could find the south magnetic pole, though, but that's a different place than the south geographic pole.

Is that what you were asking? Does that answer your question?

Reversed ? Why would it need to reverse, when its pointing north the whole time . Is there more then one northpole ?

Nope. It's because all directions from the South Pole are north. What other direction could they be? More souther? If you're one meter from the South Pole and walking south, south is in front of you. If you continue straight for two meters further, you've walked one meter past the South Pole, and south is now behind you. Right? Since south is behind you, you're now walking north even though you simply walked in a straight line, right? If your ideal geographic compass is accurately reading direction to the north pole, it changes direction the moment you crossed the pole.

Your longitude also jumped by 180° the moment you crossed the pole. All the longitudes converge at the pole, and longitude has no meaning at that point.

It's quite simple and can usually be easily understood by kids in grade school. Is it really this hard for you, or are you pretending to be stupid? If the latter, why? If you're trying to make flat-earth believers look dumb, they don't need any help with that.

<blah, blah, blah blah blah>
::)
Well demonstrate it . Shouldn't be to hard for you to Show us where we can find footage of this compass doing a 180 shift , after  crossing  this apparent pole you tell us exsist at this location . Understood ? No told they must believe in the  crap their being told.

I described what an ideal compass would show. Unfortunately, I doubt you'll be able to buy one of those off the shelf, but if you can, then you should do the experiment for yourself. Arrange for transport to the vicinity of the South Pole, and follow it south until it flips direction, then look around. Is there a research station there with a "South Pole" monument nearby?[nb]The ice moves slowly, so they hold a ceremony to re-establish the monument yearly.[/nb] If so, it's working correctly, and you'll be a hero, since you'll have a working instrument that no one believed could exist! Just in case, you'd best take a good GPS receiver or two (or three, and don't forget extra batteries) with you so you can find your way back to the drop point or some prearranged point for pick-up (whether you believe in them or not, they do work quite well). You really don't want to get lost on the Antarctic plateau with a non-working but otherwise ideal geographic compass and nothing else; the weather outside is frightful, and it's all outside. If I could show you a video, you'd just claim it's faked, anyway, so it's best you do this yourself if you can.

Short of that, what is it about the description that you don't understand? Why the north pole would be closer in the opposite direction once you crossed the antipodal point from the North Pole? This seems self-evident once you think even just a little (go ahead... give it a try; don't be scared, many before you have survived), and even grade-school children of average intelligence easily grasp this. Even without seeing an ideal compass up close and personal.

What do you think such an instrument would do as you crossed the North Pole? Would it show "even more norther than north" continuing in the direction you approached from? What if you approached from a different direction? Would that direction be "even more norther than north", too, or would the old "even more norther than north" continue to be "even more norther than north"? Or would it show the direction toward the North Pole changing as you passed the North Pole? That seems more likely, doesn't it? 

Maybe this is all just too difficult for you. I hope not.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #363 on: May 15, 2015, 01:33:12 AM »
It flips direction , ??? it points north ya clown .so it flips north to north does it. You must of been tops in your class for bullshiting your way through life .
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:37:02 AM by charles bloomington »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #364 on: May 15, 2015, 01:48:06 AM »
This is my answer to you, you scam bag liar which i just have published in accompanying thread, but because of it's importance i bring it here, also:

@Alpha-liar,

I have shown you a screen-shot-picture of that google-distance-calculator, so that everyone can see how i was misled, not to defend the trueness of what that google-distance-calculator shows.

You are right, i should have taken the square root of the area of the lake, and avoid such an awful mistake, but we all make mistakes, don't we?

The only difference is that honest men admit their mistakes right away, but scum bag liars don't admit their mistakes, ever. Most often, their mistakes are not mistakes at all, but deliberate and persistent lies.

Regarding Salar de Uyuni case, even without wrong supposition about 200 miles distance between two ends of that lake, we still have here an astonishing proof of the flatness of the Earth!

Maybe you didn't notice one important sentence in this Wiki quote:

Salt flats are ideal for calibrating the distance measurement equipment of satellites because they are large, stable surfaces with strong reflection, similar to that of ice sheets. As the largest salt flat on Earth, Salar de Uyuni is especially suitable for this purpose. In the low-rain period from April to November, due to the absence of industry and its high elevation, the skies above Salar de Uyuni are very clear, and the air is dry (relative humidity is about 30%; rainfall is roughly 1 millimetre or 0.039 inches per month). It has a stable surface which is smoothed by seasonal flooding (water dissolves the salt surface and thus keeps it leveled).

As a result, the variation in the surface elevation over the 10,582-square-kilometer (4,086 sq mi) area of Salar de Uyuni is less than 1 meter (3 ft 3 in), and there are few square kilometers on Earth that are as flat. The surface reflectivity (albedo) for ultraviolet light is relatively high at 0.69 and shows variations of only a few percent during the daytime.[6] The combination of all these features makes Salar de Uyuni about five times better for satellite calibration than the surface of an ocean.[4][5][23] Using Salar de Uyuni as the target, ICESat has already achieved the short-term elevation measurement accuracy of below 2 centimeters (0.79 in).

>The combination of all these features makes Salar de Uyuni about five times better for satellite calibration than the surface of an ocean.<

So, NASA uses surface of an ocean for satellite calibration, also? Since the flatness of the surface is what they are looking for (for satellite calibration), then even they (NASA) basically admit that the surface of an ocean is quite enough flat to be used for that purpose.

That figures!

As for this (Antarctic Midnight Sun) thread, the best way how everyone can ascertain and verify the trueness of a fact that you are a dirty scum bag liar, is to look at these photographs once more:

"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #365 on: May 15, 2015, 02:14:22 AM »
we all make mistakes, don't we?

The only difference is that honest men admit their mistakes right away, but scum bag liars don't admit their mistakes, ever. Most often, their mistakes are not mistakes at all, but deliberate and persistent lies.

As for this (Antarctic Midnight Sun) thread, the best way how everyone can ascertain and verify the trueness of a fact that you are a dirty scum bag liar, is to look at these photographs once more:

These two pictures are clearly featuring the same part of Lemaire Channel.  The exposed rock and snow show identical features.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:40:22 AM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #366 on: May 15, 2015, 04:01:44 AM »
Playback-fuckwit,

Had you mother aborted you, she would have made a great favor to humanity!

I would like to ask other forum-members (and this question especially goes to moderators!!!), what would be your reaction if i were to rehash just once (let alone 1000 times) that Salar de Uyuni lake is 200 miles wide instead of just 100 km, despite clearly presented irrefutable evidence according which Salar de Uyuni lake is indeed 100 km wide, not 200 miles?

Wouldn't you ban me, instantly (and justifiably)?

So, why double standards for different people?

Just because you are a controlled oppositon?

It seems that every single honest man has to leave this place, so that only scam bag liars like Aliveandkicking, Rayzor, Alpha-liar and alike mother fuckers can continue to poison every honest thinker who by chance come by to this shameful place?

Scepti, Charles Bloomington, shall we leave this shameful place once and for good, together, and make more available space for them so that they can undisturbedly continue to kiss each other in their faggy-satanic-lying mouths?

« Reply #367 on: May 15, 2015, 04:30:18 AM »

« Reply #368 on: May 15, 2015, 06:43:53 AM »
Maybe this is all just too difficult for you. I hope not.

It flips direction , ???

Yep.

it points north ya clown .so it flips north to north does it.

Yep. That happens when you cross either of the poles.

You must of been tops in your class for bullshiting your way through life .

Apparently it is too difficult for you to understand. So sorry.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #369 on: May 15, 2015, 08:03:49 AM »
This is my answer to you, you scam bag liar which i just have published in accompanying thread, but because of it's importance i bring it here, also:
Why did you feel the need to copy that whiny post here? If even necessary, a reference to it with a link would have been better for several reasons. Here's the reply. Let's keep that discussion in one thread, if there's even any more to say, OK?

Again, is it really necessary to re-post all those pictures again and again? There's nothing new to see, no new conclusions to draw, and as amply demonstrated elsewhere, your "research techniques" are extremely sloppy. You jump to wrong conclusions, then call everyone who points out your (often obvious) errors liars. This is not very endearing, nor productive.

Get over yourself.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #370 on: May 15, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »
Let's see one another astonishing example (the proof) of the astonishing flatness of the Earth:

BERRIEN COUNTY, Mich. -  A picture of the Chicago skyline taken almost 60 miles away, is actually a mirage.  Joshua Nowicki (@StartVisiting) snapped the pic Tuesday night from Grand Mere State Park in Stevensville. Under normal conditions, even when extremely clear, this should not be visible, due to the curvature of the earth. The Chicago skyline is physically below the horizon form that vantage point(OF COURSE!!!  ;D), but the image of the skyline can be seen above it. (IT FIGURES!!! ;D)

This is a form of Superior Mirage , superior in this meaning the mirage or image of the skyline is seen above where it's actually located(HAHAHAHA!!!). The clear skies, and cool weather ( aided even more by the cool lake water) creates an inversion. A layer of air near the surface that's cooler than air higher in the atmosphere. This creates a bending or ducting effect where the light ( image) instead of going in a normal straight line into space, curves back towards the surface of the earth.

This same phenomena can also be seen on the radar in the form of "ground clutter" the inversion is taking the radar beam (light) and bending back towards the surface of the earth, creating a "ring" effect.

So, everything lower than 700 meters should be below the horizon according to troll Pythagoras! But it isn't! Could it be because the Earth is flat like a Kansas, or like a Salar de Uyuni, or like an Ocean Basins (which constitutes 75 % of the whole surface of the Earth), or like South America Pampas, or like a Huge Icebergs along the Antarctica, or like Antarctica itself, or like the most part of the surface of the Earth?

So, get over yourself you Alpha-liar!!!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #371 on: May 15, 2015, 09:20:37 AM »
Learn what a mirage is.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #372 on: May 15, 2015, 10:47:44 AM »
Let's see one another astonishing example (the proof) of the astonishing flatness of the Earth:

<photo of Chicago skyline and misconception about mirages>
Y'know, there's an active thread about Chicago As Seen From Around South Lake Michigan. This thread is supposed to be about the Antarctic Midnight Sun. I'm surprised you don't know that - you started this thread. Do you think Chicago is in Antarctica, or that Chicago experiences a midnight sun? Is that it?

Why don't you move your post about visibility of Chicago from across southern Lake Michigan over to the thread that's actually about Chicago As Seen From Around South Lake Michigan? You should know about it; you were posting about salt flats in Bolivia on that thread, though, so maybe you didn't notice that thread was supposed to be about Chicago, not Bolivia. That would be consistent with your utter failure to notice much of anything but what you want to see.

[Edit to add] I see this is another double-post between these threads. Why are you saying twice things that hardly merit being said at all? 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:53:07 AM by Alpha2Omega »

« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »
Learn what a mirage is.
The buildings are vertical right across that distance , making it extremely implausible to be considered it  a mirage .

« Reply #374 on: May 15, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »
Learn what a mirage is.
The buildings are vertical right across that distance , making it extremely implausible to be considered it  a mirage .

Any view of an object that is not a straight line view can be considered a mirage.   There is not really any practical difference.     Some mirages create optical distortions but in unusual circumstances there is no reason why they must create distortions.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #375 on: May 16, 2015, 07:40:53 AM »
It seems that we have to repeat this same set of questions here also:

Scepti, i consider you as a smart guy, that is why your answer surprises me. If you are not able to follow such a simple argumentation (ZIGZAG argument & THE LEMAIRE CHANNEL SUNSET argument) then how you can take a stand on any issue?

I call upon every single member on this forum to put forward his/her own opinion on "Antarctic Midnight Sun" issue: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63538.msg1687953#msg1687953

JROA, you as a moderator should be able to discern who is right and who is wrong on that issue, and according to your conclusion regarding this issue, take an appropriate action.

Whoever (whether it is me or Aliveandkicking) you think is trolling (DELIBERATELY LYING) on this issue, ban him instantly and permanently!

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DISCERN RIGHT AND WRONG, WHITE AND BLACK, NORTH AND SOUTH, UP AND DOWN, JUST SAY IT!!!

DO  YOU  REALLY  WANT  US  TO BELIEVE  THAT  AT  THIS  FORUM  EVERYBODY  CAN  DO  WHATEVER  HE  WANTS  WITHOUT  ANY  CONSEQUENCES  AT  ALL???

IS THIS SOME KIND OF A TWILIGHT ZONE, A MENTAL INSTITUTION, OR YOU GUYS (MODERATORS ON THIS FORUM) ARE  IN  FACT EVEN  WORSE  FASCISTS THAN  THOSE CROATIAN  FASCISTS  ON  FORUM.HR, ONLY THEY BAN EVERYONE (AND INSTANTLY) WHO EVEN TRY DO DISPUTE RET, AND YOU ALLOW PEOPLE TO WRITE EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING WHATSOEVER?

DO YOU HAVE ANY RULES AT THIS FORUM?

ANY SERIOUS RULES, I MEAN : THE RULES THAT DEAL WITH SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT QUESTIONS?

AND IF YOU HAVE SOME RULES, HAVE YOU EVER HAD SERIOUS INTENTS TO CARRY THEM OUT???

MODERATORS, WILL YOU FINALLY (JUST ONCE) SHOW TO ALL OF US THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO BEHAVE AS A SERIOUS PERSON???

DO I REALLY ASK TOO MUCH OF YOU???

Original post : http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63621.msg1688504#msg1688504

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #376 on: May 16, 2015, 07:54:21 AM »
cik, I asked before and you ignored me in your CONSPIRACY thread, but how does a spotlight sun do this

Yes, we have to repeat the same questions.
So,what's the answer?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2015, 08:50:10 AM »
Since we are repeating questions...
If you have any honesty, you can explain why this image you insist on repeatedly posting has been obviously distorted compared to the original.
Your silence on the matter will only confirm that you are in fact dishonest and a liar.

Shall we add 'foul-mouthed' and 'zero integrity' to the list Cikl?

Mikey T.

« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2015, 12:28:40 PM »
Let me add another descriptive phrase to the foul mouthed, zero integrity descriptions of Mr. fussypants who likes to cry.  A nice one my daddy used to use quite frequently. 
Dumb as a box of rocks.
Or we could use.
His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. 

But my favorite would have to be an old Southern one.
Bless his little heart, he just can't understand it. 

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #379 on: May 16, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
Just for the record:

JROA, you are shame on the face of this Earth!

« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »
cik, I asked before and you ignored me in your CONSPIRACY thread, but how does a spotlight sun do this

Yes, we have to repeat the same questions.
So,what's the answer?
The answer is your map is wrong. I have provided on anther thread , where you can obtain the right depiction . Once viewed you realise with no doubt  spherical earth is total propergate nonsense. 

Mikey T.

« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »
Really, you provided a map or a link to a map?  I seem to remember offering to host said "accurate" map.  It was claimed by "somebody" that they were afraid to host or give out this supposed map of the flat Earth due to repercussions from the shadowy government agent types.  Please enlighten us to where you actually provided this "map".  Make sure you provide one that works for a flat Earth, that actually works with how sunlight is shining on Earth for any day of the year I choose, and the distances and directions between continents are correct without massively distorting the shape of the continents.  Lets also include that the map has to agree with my pwn personal observations of the differences in flight times from Santiago Chile to Aukland NZ, and LAX to Aukland NZ.  Something that shows how my flight in the Southern hemisphere was shorter than my wife's flight from the Northern hemisphere.  One way flights also, just in case you were wondering.  Lets include that the map needs to work with Southern and Northern circumpolar stars at the same time.
Oh wait, no flat map can ever show these.  The supposed whirlpools cannot answer all of these.  The only thing that can, is....   you guessed it, a Globe.

« Reply #382 on: May 16, 2015, 01:55:56 PM »
Really, you provided a map or a link to a map?  I seem to remember offering to host said "accurate" map.  It was claimed by "somebody" that they were afraid to host or give out this supposed map of the flat Earth due to repercussions from the shadowy government agent types.  Please enlighten us to where you actually provided this "map".  Make sure you provide one that works for a flat Earth, that actually works with how sunlight is shining on Earth for any day of the year I choose, and the distances and directions between continents are correct without massively distorting the shape of the continents.  Lets also include that the map has to agree with my pwn personal observations of the differences in flight times from Santiago Chile to Aukland NZ, and LAX to Aukland NZ.  Something that shows how my flight in the Southern hemisphere was shorter than my wife's flight from the Northern hemisphere.  One way flights also, just in case you were wondering.  Lets include that the map needs to work with Southern and Northern circumpolar stars at the same time.
Oh wait, no flat map can ever show these.  The supposed whirlpools cannot answer all of these.  The only thing that can, is....   you guessed it, a Globe.
I know it exsists & where lt exsists on file , thats all that matters to me !. The earth is not spinning & its flat.

« Reply #383 on: May 16, 2015, 04:30:23 PM »
I know it exsists & where lt exsists on file , thats all that matters to me !. The earth is not spinning & its flat.

Well, that's cool and all about the map, if true, but unless we can see it, we just have to take your word that it exists. Aren't you all about "I won't believe you unless you show me a video!"

You're the guy who says the Sun sometimes sets due south from Melbourne. Why would anyone take your word on anything they can't establish for themselves?

So show us.

Mikey T.

« Reply #384 on: May 16, 2015, 06:29:53 PM »
Empty comment, claims without proof.  The "I can't show you because the Men in Black will come get me" defense.  Utterly disgraceful.  Do yourself a favor and stop trying to pass yourself off as an actual FE supporter.  You are getting worse at it by the day. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #385 on: May 16, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »

More empty words from a drunken ex-con.   Why don't you go somewhere else cry about how everyone is out to get you.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2015, 11:04:53 AM »
Wow, i've just watched this beautiful video (BERSERK: SAILING EXPEDITION-ANTARCTICA -- " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">), and guess what happened... There was one critical moment in this video (36min00s) :

A Berserk expedition gone wrong : http://www.southpolestation.com/trivia/10s/berserk.html

I was stunned...why? Hm, after very meticulous (additional) analysis i have concluded that i was wrong about the first part of the Lemaire Channel dispute, but I would not be me ,if i kept this secret just for myself. So...

My BIG BIG BIG apologies to Aliveandkicking and to Alpha! So, Aliveandkicking, now you can be sure that i am not a troll, although i am still sure that you are a troll, because i am 100 % sure that you would NEVER-EVER admit your own mistake, no matter how big and obvious that mistake could be!!!

Only, don't forget what is the most important part concerning the REAL direction in which the Lemaire Channel stretches : it stretches in the direction East-West, not in the direction North-South!!! That is the point!!! Now, all geometrical elements are even much better matched than it would be the case if i was right flipping "both  sides of an equation" ("northern" and "southern" entrance in the Lemaire Channel).

So, no reason for RET celebration, on the contrary!!!

« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »
My BIG BIG BIG apologies to Aliveandkicking and to Alpha! So, Aliveandkicking, now you can be sure that i am not a troll, although i am still sure that you are a troll, because i am 100 % sure that you would NEVER-EVER admit your own mistake, no matter how big and obvious that mistake could be!!!

I have already admitted a mistake on this thread.   I said that i could take a picture from my roof top with the same camera position showing the setting and rising solstice sun.

A short while later I reported it was going to be marginal because my camera did not take a 90 degree view as i thought it would.    I am pretty sure now that the sun will miss the camera shot by a short distance although i am still expecting the obvious glow of the sky to indicate where the sun is.

Obviously lemaire channel is not east west.    Anyway it does not matter.  The sun can be shown in every part of the sky in lemaire channel area.

For a south west orientation good videos are available for sun almost due South, and due East, and due North and due West.

Here is East

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

West

South

North

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:50:12 PM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2015, 12:26:23 PM »
If you carried out careful analysis of this argument...
    If the Earth is immovable, a shape of the Earth MUST BE in accordance with FET, if the Earth is movable a shape of the Earth MUST BE in accordance with RET.

Everything depends on whether the Earth is immovable or not!!!

My ZIGZAG argument is undeniable proof against the rotation of the Earth!!!

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1655872#msg1655872

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1675999#msg1675999

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1669224#msg1669224

...you couldn't miss to bring one and only possible conclusion : The Earth is at rest!

Only, there is one condition: You have to be honest a.k.a. brave, so to be able to allow yourself to follow evidence wherever they may lead you.

Let's see how and when you are going to fulfill this condition...

« Reply #389 on: May 17, 2015, 12:45:27 PM »
Wow, i've just watched this beautiful video (BERSERK: SAILING EXPEDITION-ANTARCTICA -- " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">), and guess what happened... There was one critical moment in this video (36min00s) :

http://i.imgur.com/8VkspvK.jpg

A Berserk expedition gone wrong : http://www.southpolestation.com/trivia/10s/berserk.html
I'll pass on the video unless convinced something in it makes it worth downloading and watching.

Is the video about the colossal screw-ups and arrogance described in the report? That was an interesting read. What a bunch of asses. They have no idea how much trouble - and risk - they put other people to with their stupid antics. Maybe they do, but just don't care, which is even worse.

I was stunned...why? Hm, after very meticulous (additional) analysis i have concluded that i was wrong about the first part of the Lemaire Channel dispute, but I would not be me ,if i kept this secret just for myself. So...

Only, don't forget what is the most important part concerning the REAL direction in which the Lemaire Channel stretches : it stretches in the direction East-West, not in the direction North-South!!! That is the point!!! Now, all geometrical elements are even much better matched than it would be the case if i was right flipping "both  sides of an equation" ("northern" and "southern" entrance in the Lemaire Channel).

So, no reason for RET celebration, on the contrary!!!
Your apology is accepted, but please, please, just give up arguing about the Lemaire Channel while you're ahead. You have amply demonstrated that your sense of geography is simply too befuddled to be worth anything.