ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)

• 433 Replies
Re: ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)
« Reply #330 on: May 13, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
Good question,  is silkpajamas a troll?  To be honest,  it's hard to tell,  he  acts so dumb, that he's easily mistaken for a real flat earther.

Rayzor perhaps you are the troll for keeping this thread going?  You are muddled up perhaps?

Lemaire channel is said to be 11km long and is said to be marked at the northern end by Unas tits.  Just click here to see the tits from above.

https://www.google.fi/maps/place/Lemaire+Channel/@-65.0250061,-63.7805653,938m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0xbc7f7d6ecd404b3b:0x9fee3d4e6a7b5454!6m1!1e1?hl=en

And here you can see them at the left of the picture at the northern end of the channel

The northern southern end of the channel ends at the northern southern end of booth island.  Booth island is 8km long.  And is 'Y' shaped - not obvious because of the snow on the join to the right hand part of the 'y'

Your measurements miss the right part of the 'y' and the sea channel stretching towards a point off Unas tits.

In this video at 37:31 the cruise ship has stopped one mile north of the northern end of lemaire channel.  The camera is looking at the side of Unas tits.  At 37:45 you look towards the distant (12km away) southern end of lemaire channel and see all of Booth island on the right.  The captain gives an explanation they cannot go any further south than 65S because of the number of passengers and the limit imposed by insurance and the antarctic treaty

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:15:22 AM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #331 on: May 13, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »
Good question,  is silkpajamas a troll?  To be honest,  it's hard to tell,  he  acts so dumb, that he's easily mistaken for a real flat earther.

Rayzor perhaps you are the troll for keeping this thread going?  You are muddled up perhaps?

Lemaire channel is said to be 11km long and is said to be marked at the northern end by Unas tits.  Just click here to see the tits from above.

https://www.google.fi/maps/place/Lemaire+Channel/@-65.0250061,-63.7805653,938m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0xbc7f7d6ecd404b3b:0x9fee3d4e6a7b5454!6m1!1e1?hl=en

And here you can see them at the left of the picture at the northern end of the channel

The northern end of the channel ends at the northern end of booth island.  Booth island is 8km long.  And is 'Y' shaped - not obvious because of the snow on the join to the right hand part of the 'y'

Your measurements miss the right part of the 'y' and the sea channel stretching towards a point off Unas tits.

In this video at 37:31 the cruise ship has stopped one mile north of the northern end of lemaire channel.  The camera is looking at the side of Unas tits.  At 37:45 you look towards the distant (12km away) southern end of lemaire channel and see all of Booth island on the right.  The captain gives an explanation they cannot go any further south than 65S because of the number of passengers and the limit imposed by insurance and the antarctic treaty

Well, we have an honest round earther here, what a pleasant surprise! Thanks Aliveandkicking for your honesty! Man without honesty is not a man at all, so thank you once again for making a good choice: to be a human being, and not an animal.

Saros, your mental health deteriorates progressively? Too pity! I am so sorry for you, so sorry!

Alpha, it's time for retraction!
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #332 on: May 13, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »
This is the same view the cruise ship has at the Northern end of Lemaire channel looking South

Unas tits are the massive rock on the left (not the twin peaks further along the ridge).   The twin peaks of Booth island are on the right

https://500px.com/photo/103402027/tranquil-evening-in-lemaire-channel-by-mike-reyfman

Northern end of lemaire channel looking South

Video here:

"Good afternoon...The plan here is to increase speed a bit........we are now at the south end of Neuymayer.......head  slightly towards the southwest through the butler passage for about 5 miles and then get to the southern limit of where we are allowed to travel.....and look down the lemaire channel...before heading out again..............Great view here....twin peaks of Booth island and the Lemaire channel stretching southwards.....Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen this is the captain, . just to give you a bit of a background as to why we have stopped where we have, chosen right here and now, we came down the Butler pass down to look at this wonderful view down to lemaire strait.     You might indeed wonder why we have not gone a bit closer down that passage, well there is a particularly good reason for that......... At the moment we are just less than one mile from the position that....the insurance...would cease to function....that is the parallel of 65 south......so we edge down to just half a mile to that position.....    This is as far South as this ship is ever allowed to travel.    The latitude of 65S is actually set as part of the Antarctic treaty, and all the larger ships, ships such as ourselves, ships carrying more than 500 passengers on board, are restricted from travelling farther than 65 degrees South. So thats the ethos behind it.  Thought you would like to know
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:56:36 AM by Aliveandkicking »

« Reply #333 on: May 13, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »

Of what?

You didn't answer my questions. Maybe you didn't see them.

Does the Lemaire Channel run east-west or north-south? You keep changing your mind. What made you decide?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #334 on: May 13, 2015, 01:20:06 PM »
Passing thru the Southern end of Neumayer channel you can see the northern end of Lemaire channel about 15 miles away.

Unas tits are fairly massive at 747M.  Wandel peak on Booth island is even bigger at 980M.   

You can confirm it is lemaire channel here where this continues from the southern end of Neuymayer channel.   The northern lemaire view is best seen at 0:23

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:24:33 PM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #335 on: May 13, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »

Of what?

Does the Lemaire Channel run east-west or north-south? You keep changing your mind. What made you decide?

Alpha, whenever you try to make fool of me, it turns out that someone else is a fool. Guess who? If the Lemaire Channel doesn't run South-North, it must run in some other (general) direction. Which other general direction (besides South-North) could it be, what do you think?

Do you still claim (after all evidences that Aliveandkicking has presented here) that the Sun sets towards "Southern" end of the Lemaire Channel?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:57:15 PM by cikljamas »

« Reply #336 on: May 13, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
Do you still claim (after all evidences that Aliveandkicking has presented here) that the Sun sets towards "Southern" end of the Lemaire Channel?

Liar

Nobody can be as stupid as you are pretending to be.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:24:07 PM by Aliveandkicking »

« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
Questions for you Aliveandkicking if you leave the north pole with your compass pointing north , travel in a south direction  you end up back at north.according to your spherical model. At what piont did your compass determine you were at the south pole. ?is the sun in that clip north or south .is the ship facing north or south. Shadows being cast are very interesting to , some arnt casting where you would expect . So who doing the trolling ?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:28:44 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #338 on: May 13, 2015, 04:32:11 PM »

Of what?

Alpha, whenever you try to make fool of me, it turns out that someone else is a fool. Guess who?

What am I supposed to retract, again? Was that it? I don't remember explicitly calling you a fool. I have repeatedly said you're wrong about a lot of things, and I ain't retracting any of that unless you convince me you were right all along. Simply reposting old incorrect assertions and wrong ideas isn't convincing.

If the Lemaire Channel doesn't run South-North, it must run in some other (general) direction. Which other general direction (besides South-North) could it be, what do you think?

It could be a lot of directions. NNE to SSW for one, which the Lemaire Channel obviously is. If, by saying "general" you're limiting yourself to cardinal directions (N-E-S-W), and it's much, much closer to north-south than it is to east-west, you shouldn't call it east-west, even if it's not perfectly north-south. A line running exactly (or even very close to) midway between the cardinals (exactly northeast-southwest, say) would be a problem in this system.

Why, again, did you declare it's it's obviously east-west? Were you holding your map sideways?

Why did you later change back to north-south? Did you notice your earlier error and hope to just quietly change it back hoping no one noticed? It didn't work.

See what I mean about being wrong?

Around the longest days of summer at high southerly latitudes, the Sun will set almost due southward from you, if it sets at all. Where that is relative to the southern end of the Lemaire Channel depends on where you are relative to it. If you're south of the Lemaire Channel, the Sun will set in the opposite direction as the southern end of the Lemaire Channel because it sets south of you. Look at the red arrow in the image I made a few posts ago for an example. it's pointing away, generally south, from the southern end of the Lemaire Channel.

Is there something Aliveandkicking (or you, for that matter) has presented that even remotely suggests that the Sun is setting in the north during the southern summer? Please specify. So far, there's been nothing.

Do you honestly believe that all the people who take those tours could be kept quiet about it if they saw the Sun set in the opposite direction expected? No doubt a few could be convinced of anything by some double talk, but many people with enough money for trips like that are actually pretty smart and inquisitive.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #339 on: May 13, 2015, 06:15:13 PM »
There simply isn't enough time in the world,  to waste on someone who repeatedly  uses diversions and red herrings as a debating tactic. 

I guess it's marginally better than outright insults,   but after a while it starts to get tired.    So silkpajama's   go ahead with the next diversion or irrelevant bit of trivia.

The sun sets in the south in Antarctica.   All the evidence says so.    Next stop a flat earth with two poles.   ( oh no,  not dual earth!  ;D )

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #340 on: May 13, 2015, 08:11:36 PM »
Since the topic came up and it is interesting to consider, a ships gyro compass is a true Geographic North pointing compass.     However if you were to sail absolutely over the north pole the change in direction of the compass could potentially damage the compass.  Gyro compasses do not handle certain types of sudden changes in direction well and can become damagingly unstable.  They will wobble in a crazed manner if they become very significantly out of position.  Gyro compasses are not fitted to aircraft.

The gyro compass can only work on a rotating planet. 

Additionally, to correct an error of about 2 degrees (maximum error depending upon latitude)  a gyro compass requires a correction for latitude south of the equator that is exactly opposite the correction for the same latitude that is required north of the equator.   The reason for the error is that the gyro axis is kept horizontal to the surface via a weight, but one end of the gyro is always pointing North and there is of course a small physical distance between the north end of the gyro and the south end of the Gyro and on a round planet the equator is rotating more rapidly than the rest of the planet.   Therefore the equatorial pointing end of the gyro axis travels faster than the other end, and the actual gyro axis end this occurs at changes when the equator is crossed.    We conclude therefore the world is round.

Once again it sort of blows my mind the things we can learn on the flat earth forum!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:08:52 PM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #341 on: May 14, 2015, 03:01:52 AM »
Once again it sort of blows my mind the things we can learn on the flat earth forum!  ;D

Very true,  you get to ask the sort of questions no sane person ever asks,  like is the ISS faked?,  or what if air didn't exist.   Time spent researching questions isn't really wasted,  even if it is in response to a troll,  you learn something interesting each time.

« Reply #342 on: May 14, 2015, 03:32:19 AM »
Time spent researching questions isn't really wasted,  even if it is in response to a troll, you learn something interesting each time.

Lets see....

Ring laser gyros, ships gyro compass, GPS Single position Doppler velocity method, direction of sunsets :-[, using print screen for MS Paint, a Saturn 5 used 12 tonnes of fuel per second to accelerate exhaust gases to 4km per second plus a few other bits of trivia.   

There is also the learning coming from interacting with such hard case trolls/criminals/deviants.    I have no firm conclusions what I have learnt though, other than once bitten twice shy.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:41:03 AM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #343 on: May 14, 2015, 03:43:33 AM »
What kind of a person are you?

Do you really believe that you can trick everyone with your stupid - simple minded, naive scams?

How can you disprove this:

Screenshot above has been taken from this video:

Northbound thru Lemaire channel -- " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Rayzor, i've got a question for you:

Which entrance into Lemaire channel is narrower?

Can this enlarged picture help you somehow:

Aliveandkicking and Rayzor are the same person, the same troll, very ridiculous one.

"They" have provided for us a few very good videos which combined with other videos and photographs render conclusive evidence in favor of undisputable and undeniable conclusion that Antarctica google maps are not in accordance with reality.

So, we have to thank "them" for taking part in debunking the validity of Antarctica google maps.

« Reply #344 on: May 14, 2015, 03:49:43 AM »

Why you want to waste peoples time in such a silly way is totally beyond me

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2015, 04:44:18 AM »
The whole reality is beyond you!

« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2015, 05:11:54 AM »
Since the topic came up and it is interesting to consider, a ships gyro compass is a true Geographic North pointing compass.     However if you were to sail absolutely over the north pole the change in direction of the compass could potentially damage the compass.  Gyro compasses do not handle certain types of sudden changes in direction well and can become damagingly unstable.  They will wobble in a crazed manner if they become very significantly out of position.  Gyro compasses are not fitted to aircraft.

The gyro compass can only work on a rotating planet. 

Additionally, to correct an error of about 2 degrees (maximum error depending upon latitude)  a gyro compass requires a correction for latitude south of the equator that is exactly opposite the correction for the same latitude that is required north of the equator.   The reason for the error is that the gyro axis is kept horizontal to the surface via a weight, but one end of the gyro is always pointing North and there is of course a small physical distance between the north end of the gyro and the south end of the Gyro and on a round planet the equator is rotating more rapidly than the rest of the planet.   Therefore the equatorial pointing end of the gyro axis travels faster than the other end, and the actual gyro axis end this occurs at changes when the equator is crossed.    We conclude therefore the world is round.

you never answered the question asked. Try answering it this time with out the woffling on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:16:27 AM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2015, 07:42:15 AM »
Let's put it into perspective:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:44:59 AM by cikljamas »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2015, 08:20:57 AM »
I hope this helps,  understand that you have north and south mixed up.   One side of the Lemaire Channel is Booth Island.   Here is a picture showing the sun setting over Booth Island on the right of the channel, which means this picture is taken looking SOUTH.

Sunset over Booth Island in the waters of the Lemaire Channel, Antarctica, Polar Regions
image from http://www.robertharding.com/index.php?lang=en&page=preview&subpage=1112-2819

So your picture of sunset is also taken looking SOUTH.

One last time,   the summer sun sets in the SOUTH in Antarctica,   of course if you far enough south it doesn't set at all.   And when you are at the south pole itself,  the sun is always in the north,  just because the only direction from the south pole is north.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:24:22 AM by Rayzor »

« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »
Care to draw that for us razor . I,m having trouble understanding the concept. You know you leave north with you compass pointing north,head south & end up at north. Your compass would be pointed north the whole time. So please explain how you derived your at the South Pole ?

« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »

Are you saying that the green-circled spire is the same feature in both pictures? That looks right, and establishes that you're looking in the same direction in both photos. It does not, alone, determine which direction you're looking. You have it misidentified in the satellite photo a few posts ago, but it's in front of a high ridge in this photo, and there is nothing behind the black dot you have misidentified as it on the satellite image. So, based only on that, the direction of these photos is inconclusive.

The narrow section of channel between the southern part of Booth Island and the Antarctic Peninsula is roughly constant width. It narrows when you enter and widens when you exit from either end. In one picture you're looking into a narrow channel from outside, and the other, you're looking out from a narrow channel (or are already out of it). This analysis is also ambiguous insofar as direction.

You're looking southward in both pictures. You can tell by the direction the Sun is setting. This is not ambiguous, and really is that simple.

Have you found any reports of the Sun setting in the north at this location from the thousands of visitors to this place each year? Given that "everyone knows" the Sun sets in the south at that time and location, don't you find it remarkable that no one would comment if the opposite were to happen? You keep ignoring this question. I think I know why.

I worked for a summer in Antarctica many years ago. The last sunset we experienced in McMurdo was in late October, when the Sun dipped briefly below the horizon in the south, as expected. After that, the Sun was above the horizon for the remainder of my stay which ended in mid-January. After that last sunset, the Sun continuously circled the sky around us from right to left as you face it (no zig-zag!), rising highest in the north and dropping lowest in the south. This is exactly what you'd expect with the conventional spherical-earth, heliocentric model of the solar system and is not at all consistent with the Sun circling the north pole above a flat earth. As you yourself pointed out, if that model were correct, the Sun would "zig-zag" across the sky from polar latitudes, and would always be north of you if you're south of the Tropic of Capricorn. From personal experience, it doesn't do either of these things, so your model fails.

Sorry, you're just wrong. This subject has been beaten to death. Let it go.

« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »
Care to draw that for us razor . I,m having trouble understanding the concept. You know you leave north with you compass pointing north,head south & end up at north. Your compass would be pointed north the whole time. So please explain how you derived your at the South Pole ?

Are you proposing a compass that senses true north, or a magnetic compass, charles?

If it's an ideal true-north-sensing compass and you traveled due south from the north pole, you'd know you got to the south pole when it suddenly changed directions 180° as you walked straight ahead[nb]An ideal geographic compass could do that. As Aliveandkicking noted, expect a real one to get unstable near the poles, and not "flip" all at once.[/nb]. If you followed the compass north (i.e. kept moving in the same direction after the compass needle reversed), you'd end up back at the north pole and would recognize it when your compass suddenly reversed directions again. 

If you're using nothing but a magnetic compass, even an ideal one, to find the south geographic pole, it won't work. An ideal magnetic compass could find the south magnetic pole, though, but that's a different place than the south geographic pole.

Is that what you were asking? Does that answer your question?

« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2015, 03:48:44 PM »

Are you proposing a compass that senses true north, or a magnetic compass, charles?

If it's an ideal true-north-sensing compass and you traveled due south from the north pole, you'd know you got to the south pole when it suddenly changed directions 180° as you walked straight ahead[nb]An ideal geographic compass could do that. As Aliveandkicking noted, expect a real one to get unstable near the poles, and not "flip" all at once.[/nb]. If you followed the compass north (i.e. kept moving in the same direction after the compass needle reversed), you'd end up back at the north pole and would recognize it when your compass suddenly reversed directions again. 

If you're using nothing but a magnetic compass, even an ideal one, to find the south geographic pole, it won't work. An ideal magnetic compass could find the south magnetic pole, though, but that's a different place than the south geographic pole.

Reversed ? Why would it need to reverse, when its pointing north the whole time . Is there more then one northpole ? The only thing  unstable, is those who believe the garbage their being feed by the spherical cult .

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »
Alpha, you are a proven liar, your words are absolutely worthless, your credibility is equal to zero.

My photographs (presented in my previous post) present absolutely conclusive and complete proof that the Sun sets at the "northern" (in reality it must be western end) end of the Lemaire Channel.

How do you know that noone has noticed (before me) that something is wrong with the Lemaire Channel sunset, and other Antarctic sunsets?

Do you expect from some honest guy to share his unusual experience with you personally?

What would happen to hypothetical honest thinker if he shared his doubts about weird Lemaire Channel sunset with you personally? What do you think?

You would place him in a mental institution, just because you can't allow anyone to upset your fucked up, freaked out, creepy, satanic mind, wouldn't you?

You will burn in hell, you can bet on that!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:23:59 PM by cikljamas »

« Reply #354 on: May 14, 2015, 04:34:10 PM »

Reversed ? Why would it need to reverse, when its pointing north the whole time . Is there more then one northpole ?

Nope. It's because all directions from the South Pole are north. What other direction could they be? More souther? If you're one meter from the South Pole and walking south, south is in front of you. If you continue straight for two meters further, you've walked one meter past the South Pole, and south is now behind you. Right? Since south is behind you, you're now walking north even though you simply walked in a straight line, right? If your ideal geographic compass is accurately reading direction to the north pole, it changes direction the moment you crossed the pole.

Your longitude also jumped by 180° the moment you crossed the pole. All the longitudes converge at the pole, and longitude has no meaning at that point.

It's quite simple and can usually be easily understood by kids in grade school. Is it really this hard for you, or are you pretending to be stupid? If the latter, why? If you're trying to make flat-earth believers look dumb, they don't need any help with that.

<blah, blah, blah blah blah>
::)

« Reply #355 on: May 14, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »
Alpha, you are a proven liar[citation needed], your words are absolutely worthless, your credibility is equal to zero[citation needed].

My photographs (presented in my previous post) present absolutely conclusive and complete proof that the Sun sets at the "northern" (in reality it must be western end) end of the Lemaire Channel.
I'm going to refer everyone to this post whenever you claim to have proooooovvvven!!! anything using a photo or map. It's quick, not much effort on my part (it's bookmarked), and representative of the "quality" of your work.

How do you know that noone has noticed (before me) that something is wrong with the Lemaire Channel sunset, and other Antarctic sunsets?
I've never seen anyone mention it before you, anywhere, even on some of the kookiest places of teh interwebz, much less somewhere reasonably sane. Do you know of any one who has? From the tone of your question, I'm guessing not.

Do you expect from some honest guy to share his unusual experience with you personally?
Not necessarily, but I would expect to at least see it mentioned somewhere, especially these days of easy, widely-distributed communications. So far, only you, and you have no useful evidence. "An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof." [nb]Marcello Truzzi, Zetetic Scholar, Vol. 1, No. 1, p. 11, 1978[/nb] Your "evidence", being generous, is completely inconclusive. Meh.

What would happen to hypothetical honest thinker if he shared his doubts about weird Lemaire Channel sunset with you personally? What do you think?
I'd ask if he actually saw such a thing, or inferred it. If he inferred it from sketchy logic, ignoring data, and wishful thinking (like you're doing), I'd write it off (like I'm doing here).

If he said he did see it, I'd ask if he had any reasonable documentation - like moving or still photos with easily-identifiable landmarks that clearly showed it. If he didn't, I'd be suspicious. It's not hard to imagine being taken by surprise and not taking photos of something that happens in an instant, but the direction of a sunset doesn't. Almost everyone has a camera now, especially on a trip like that, so "not having a camera", while not impossible, doesn't sound terribly plausible (I took two 35 mm cameras to Antarctica - one borrowed - back when good cameras and film were expensive, because that was a once-in-a-lifetime trip and I didn't want to be without a camera if one was lost or failed). If they have no photos for whatever reason and it was someone I knew, trusted, and was reasonably competent to know which way was north (not everyone I know does know how to tell this), I'd ask if anyone else on the trip noticed the same thing, and ask them about it, if possible. If you were on such a trip and, say depleted all your batteries or dropped all of your cameras overboard, so no photos (oops), wouldn't you ask people you know or met on the trip "isn't that way north? Shouldn't the Sun be setting in the south?"[nb]Presumably, they got the same "briefing" about "what you will see" that you did (which was none).[/nb] If no one else saw it, I would be very skeptical. The next reaction would be, "I presume you're going back as soon as possible, and better equipped this time. Reliable documentation of something like this would be extremely valuable."

I mean, seriously, why haven't we ever heard of this from anyone but you? This is a completely ridiculous idea that couldn't be kept secret if it were true.

You would place him in a mental institution, just because you can't allow anyone to upset your fucked up, freaked out, creepy, satanic mind, wouldn't you?
Now, now. Calm down...

And please don't tell me what I would do. You're invariably wrong.

You will burn in hell, you can bet on that!
See ya' there!

If the descriptions are right, I may be stuck in a room with you for eternity. Which means you'll be stuck equally long with me. So, in the meantime, maybe you should try to be nicer to me...

« Reply #356 on: May 14, 2015, 08:13:27 PM »

These two pictures are clearly featuring the same part of Lemaire Channel.  The exposed rock and snow show identical features.

« Reply #357 on: May 14, 2015, 08:39:15 PM »

Reversed ? Why would it need to reverse, when its pointing north the whole time . Is there more then one northpole ?

Nope. It's because all directions from the South Pole are north. What other direction could they be? More souther? If you're one meter from the South Pole and walking south, south is in front of you. If you continue straight for two meters further, you've walked one meter past the South Pole, and south is now behind you. Right? Since south is behind you, you're now walking north even though you simply walked in a straight line, right? If your ideal geographic compass is accurately reading direction to the north pole, it changes direction the moment you crossed the pole.

Your longitude also jumped by 180° the moment you crossed the pole. All the longitudes converge at the pole, and longitude has no meaning at that point.

It's quite simple and can usually be easily understood by kids in grade school. Is it really this hard for you, or are you pretending to be stupid? If the latter, why? If you're trying to make flat-earth believers look dumb, they don't need any help with that.

Well demonstrate it . Shouldn't be to hard for you to Show us where we can find footage of this compass doing a 180 shift , after  crossing  this apparent pole you tell us exsist at this location . Understood ? No told they must believe in the  crap their being told.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2015, 08:42:16 PM »

Well demonstrate it . Shouldn't be to hard for you to Show us where we can find footage of this compass doing a 180 shift , after  crossing  this apparent pole you tell us exsist at this location . Understood ? No told they must believe in the  crap their being told.
What part of "compasses don't work close to the poles" didn't you understand?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »
Bloomington cikljamas and sceptimatic are the same person. Minimally they have a very close association.   Their objective is to frustrate you.   They can never be nailed down.  They will always divert.

Their objective at the moment is to divert the thread from the topic at hand.

Please stay on topic.     If you want to discuss compasses at the Poles then create a thread for that

Psychologically what is happening on this thread is very interesting and is worth pursuing.   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:03:05 PM by Aliveandkicking »