ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)

• 433 Replies
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:54:18 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Re: ANTARCTICA MIDNIGHT SUN (ANOTHER SIDE OF THE COIN)
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 04:57:54 AM »
Casey webcam with last two days recorded as video. Only  7 weeks  from today until only a few minutes of sun per day

http://www.antarctica.gov.au/webcams/casey

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 05:06:30 AM »
Timelapse video of 3 hours of sun each side of midnight sun from : Latitude 74° 51' S, 71° 34' W, Eastern Ellsworth Land

https://vimeo.com/114833121

http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/living_and_working/research_stations/skyblu/
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:08:39 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 07:35:42 AM »
The south pole exists,  and you can prove it yourself.   Qantas have flights over Antarctica every New Years Eve,  flights leave from Melbourne. flying   over small areas of Antarctica ,dosen't make Antarctica the south pole. Prove your logic ?

So,  you've been on one those flights have you?    Did you get a picture of the edge?

Here are some south pole videos for you.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

https://www.google.com/maps/views/view/streetview/antarctica/dark-sector-laboratory-south-pole-antarctica/uZ7YCXJGSbyDxIbY-wPWow?gl=us&heading=271&pitch=90&fovy=75

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »
Let me try again,  if you were standing  at the south pole,   which way is north?   At the summer solstice the sun goes around the horizon,  well with a slight tilt.  And that's exactly what we see.
Conclusively proves the earth is a globe.

Casey station is not at "the south pole" (which btw doesn't exist in the first place)!
Conclusively proves you don't use your brain and it seems you don't intend to use it in near future....

The south pole exists,  and you can prove it yourself.   Qantas have flights over Antarctica every New Years Eve,  flights leave from Melbourne.   
If you want to descend into insults, so be it,  because that's what you flat earthers do when you are losing. 

What was the answer to my earlier question,   Which way is North if you are standing at the South Pole?
Tell me how you determine your standing at the pole with a compass that continusly wants to point to the N marker on it .

It can't be done. This is why other methods are used. With a compass alone you can't determine where you are anywhere on earth since it only only gives general direction toward the magnetic poles. To use a compass to determine your location, you need additional information like an accurate map with recognizable landmarks and magnetic declination. Magnetic compasses are even less useful at very high latitudes; they do continue to align with the geomagnetic field lines, which causes them to point in the general direction of the magnetic pole, but that direction can vary wildly from true south or north (up to 180° off [this means they're pointing exactly the wrong way, charles]) over relatively short distances, depending on where you are, when near the geographic and magnetic poles.

Astronomical observation is the most direct way to do determine if you're at a geographic pole. Inertial navigation systems will also work, but they're expensive. About the easiest, most convenient (and inexpensive!), and quite precise way is to use a GPS system. In the case of the south pole, even easier is to walk over to the marker that's hammered into the snow.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »
Hey shills, i've destroyed your stupid RET theory many times so far, this is just another instance of the same kind. Why don't you show us any (i repeat : ANY) photographic evidence (which is not photoshoped) that Antarctica midnight sun appears due South?

Well, i mistakenly put the wrong (first) link in my previous post, sorry for that, we are going now to correct this error:

1. Sunset at Browning peninsula -- date 15 March 2013 --Exact sunrise time : 6h : 18min -- Exact sunset ime : 19h : 14min   --- http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/casey/this-week-at-casey/2013/this-week-at-casey-15-march-2013/4

2. Sunset at Casey station -- date 31 May 2013 -- Estimated time for Sunset at that date : Around 4 PM (http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/antarctica/casey?month=3&year=2014)

http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/casey/this-week-at-casey/2013/this-week-at-casey-31-may-2013/4

3. This is the date we are looking for : 6 January 2012:

MIDNIGHT SUN - CASEY (WE ARE OBVIOUSLY WATCHING DUE NORTH) :

--- http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/casey/this-week-at-casey/2012/this-week-at-casey-6-january-2012

We are 66 degrees South latitude, and we don't see the sun at the horizon, it's just twilight, isn't it?

Now, see again this video: MIDNIGHT SUN IN KIRUNA SWEDEN : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

The Sun is VERY, VERY, VERY (CLEARLY) ABOVE THE HORIZON!!!

On top of that :

Mr. J. R. Young, in his work on Navigation, says. "Although the path of the ship is on a spherical surface, yet we may represent the length of the path by, a straight line on a plane surface." (And plane sailing is the rule.) Now, since it is altogether impossible to "represent" a curved line by a straight one, and absurd to make the attempt, it follows that a straight line represents a straight line and not a curved one. And, Since it is the surface of the waters of the ocean that is being considered by Mr. Young, it follows that this surface is a straight surface, and we are indebted to Mr. Young, a professor of navigation, for a proof that the Earth is not a globe.

"Oh, but if the Earth is a plane, we could go to the edge and tumble over!" is a very common assertion. This is a conclusion that is formed too hastily, and facts overthrow it. The Earth certainly is, what man by his observation finds it to be, and what Mr. Proctor himself says it "seems" to be. flat - and we cannot cross the icy barrier which surrounds it. This is a complete answer to the objection, and, of course, a proof that Earth is not a globe.

"Yes, but we can circumnavigate the South easily enough," is often said by those who don't know, The British Ship Challenger recently completed the circuit of the Southern region - indirectly, to be sure - but she was three years about it, and traversed nearly 69,000 miles - a stretch long enough to have taken her six times round on the globular hypothesis. This is a proof that Earth is not a globe.

ANOTHER CLASSIC CASEY SUNSET :

ONLY, IF THE EARTH WERE ROUND, CASEY SUNSETS SHOULD OCCUR IN THIS DIRECTION:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:04:45 AM by cikljamas »
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
Quoting yourself endlessly with random pictures that have no context is bad manners.

I've already asked this question,  but I'll ask again in a different way.    How does the flat earth theory explain the sun traveling horizontally parallel to the horizon, never setting,  during the summer months in Antarctica.   

Mikey T.

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2015, 09:39:34 AM »
Kiruna is located in the north of Sweden, 145 kilometres (90 mi) north of the Arctic circle. The city centre is built on the Haukavaara hill at an altitude of 530 m, high above the Torne river to the north and the Kalix river to the south.

Now, see again this video: MIDNIGHT SUN IN KIRUNA SWEDEN : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

You are comparing the sun's position in the sky at midnight from a place outside of the Antarctic circle by a few miles to the sun's position at midnight from a position that is roughly 100 miles north of the Arctic circle.  Here I give you a link to the time it shows the sun, not much above the horizon in the video you linked.

Hey shills, i've destroyed your stupid RET theory many times so far, this is just another instance of the same kind.

First, you have NEVER even properly been able to rebut an argument, much less destroyed the Round Earth Fact. 
Second, you are still saying that at midnight, nearly on the Antarctic circle, the sun is to the NORTH.

Your image.

Now, the images you posted were from late May 2013 and they were of the sunset, not the Midnight sun.  But you have never been one to understand validity of claims anyway.
So if it is midnight, in Antarctica, and you can see the sun or the twilight made by the sun being just behind the horizon (you can usually tell  where it is at this point.  How the hell can it be to the North of you if you are not standing directly at the South Pole?  Are you suggesting that everywhere in the Southern Hemisphere experiences midnight sun?  Because if the sun is to the North at midnight, from any spot along the coastline of Antarctica, that means it is even higher in the sky for things north of it (South America, Africa, Australia, South Pacific islands, etc.) at midnight their time.

Here is the Daylight map for midnight on May 31st 2013 for that area

What you have done here, by bringing up the midnight sun in Antarctica is to destroy you own argument.  As  Aliveandkicking said, and I am paraphrasing a bit.  If the sun is able to be seen from Casey Station at midnight, it destroys FET completely. 

Mikey T.

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2015, 09:46:11 AM »
Quoting yourself endlessly with random pictures that have no context is bad manners.

I've already asked this question,  but I'll ask again in a different way.    How does the flat earth theory explain the sun traveling horizontally parallel to the horizon, never setting,  during the summer months in Antarctica.   

No no, look up the CONSPIRACY thread he started a couple of months ago in the debate section here.  Look at his Zig Zag argument.  I hate to laugh at stupid, but when I need to laugh, I go back and read his "analysis".  It is an utter failure of spacial reasoning, yet he still claims to have destroyed RET with it.  It was refuted in so many different ways.  He tries to bury those in mountains of copy pasta.  He thinks that way he can just claim victory without even having to defend his position.  Kind of like a kid being scared of the "monster" in his closet so he hides under the covers so he can't see it.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »

So if it is midnight, in Antarctica, and you can see the sun or the twilight made by the sun being just behind the horizon (you can usually tell  where it is at this point.  How the hell can it be to the North of you if you are not standing directly at the South Pole?  Are you suggesting that everywhere in the Southern Hemisphere experiences midnight sun?  Because if the sun is to the North at midnight, from any spot along the coastline of Antarctica, that means it is even higher in the sky for things north of it (South America, Africa, Australia, South Pacific islands, etc.) at midnight their time.

At 3min 49sec in this video you can see approximate representation of the principle of  work of day and night on the Earth: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

In this video i have also presented one another reason for unsustainability of Round Earth hypothesis (with or without the supposed tilt of the earth)....

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »
Hey shills, i've destroyed your stupid RET theory many times so far,
Only in your dreams.

this is just another instance of the same kind. Why don't you show us any (i repeat : ANY) photographic evidence (which is not photoshoped) that Antarctica midnight sun appears due South?
You've seen it many times. You choose to deny it exists. That's your problem, not ours.

Well, i mistakenly put the wrong (first) link in my previous post, sorry for that, we are going now to correct this error:
No worries. It happens. That's why I mentioned it.

1. Sunset at Browning peninsula -- date 15 March 2013 --Exact sunrise time : 6h : 18min -- Exact sunset ime : 19h : 14min   --- http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/casey/this-week-at-casey/2013/this-week-at-casey-15-march-2013/4

<picture of sunset from Casey>
That's less than a week from the equinox! The Sun will be rising and setting almost due east and west at that time of year. What, exactly, do you think you're proving with these pictures?

2. Sunset at Casey station -- date 31 May 2013 -- Estimated time for Sunset at that date : Around 4 PM (http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/antarctica/casey?month=3&year=2014)
That link is a great resource. Thanks! Bookmarked.

Those numbers in parentheses in the sunrise and sunset blocks in the table give the azimuth (direction: north is zero, due east, 90°, south 180°, west, 270°). For Mar 15 (Beware the Ides of March!) sunrise is 98° (8° south of due east) and sunset is 263° (7° south of due west), as expected. The little arrows depict (roughly) the direction toward sunrise and sunset on a Mercator-type map. Note that they are pointing right (east) and left (west) on the 15th.

http://i.imgur.com/Nts3gQX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dr5Fkzs.jpg

http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/casey/this-week-at-casey/2013/this-week-at-casey-31-may-2013/4

--- http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/casey/this-week-at-casey/2012/this-week-at-casey-6-january-2012

We are 66 degrees South latitude, and we don't see the sun at the horizon, it's just twilight, isn't it?
How is it obvious we're looking due north? At any rate, yes, it's twilight. According to the January table on the website you refer us to, the Sun sets at 12:03 the morning of the 6th and again at 11:57 PM that evening, and rises again almost an hour and a half later in both cases, but twilight lasts all night. On some nice day, go outside and, a few moments after sunset, look at the sky in directions other than where the Sun set. Nice bright blue sky, no? Getting outside and looking at reality instead of your computer screen will be good for you, too.

Perhaps more interesting, in that same table, look at the entry for Jan 3. This is the first day after the solstice that the sun sets. It lists sunset at 182° azimuth and sunrise, 14 minutes, later at 178°. 180° (due south) is midway between those. How 'bout that! The little arrows are pointing straight down (due south for all intents and purposes), too. This isn't photographic evidence, but a website you apparently trust says the Sun is due south at solar midnight (exactly 12 hours from solar noon) from Casey Station, Antarctica.

According to the website you cite, the Sun remains above the horizon for about three weeks at Casey, too. Do you have a point?

Even though Casey is outside the Antarctic Circle (by about 1/4°) it still sees days without a sunset. This is because the Sun is larger than a point source (radius ~1/4° and the definition of sunset is when the top edge of the Sun drops below the horizon, so the center is actually about 1/4° below it), and our old friend refraction makes objects near the horizon appear slightly higher than they actually are (by about 1/2°), keeping the Sun visible when it "shouldn't" be geometrically.

Everything you have posted is routinely predicted using the oblate-spheroid-earth-with-atmosphere model, and, thus, supports that model since the predicted events are confirmed with high accuracy. Everything.

On top of that :

Mr. J. R. Young, in his work on Navigation, says. "Although the path of the ship is on a spherical surface, yet we may represent the length of the path by, a straight line on a plane surface." (And plane sailing is the rule.)
Look up information about "Rhumb Line Navigation" and get back to us. Using straight line approximations for curved lines makes navigation problems manageable with relatively straightforward math.

Now, since it is altogether impossible to "represent" a curved line by a straight one, and absurd to make the attempt, it follows that a straight line represents a straight line and not a curved one.
Again, you confuse uninformed opinion with fact. Curved lines are often represented by straight lines. The accuracy of the representation depends on the amount of curvature and the number of straight-line segments used in the approximation. If the curve is slight, a single straight line may suffice, depending on the precision needed.

And, Since it is the surface of the waters of the ocean that is being considered by Mr. Young, it follows that this surface is a straight surface, and we are indebted to Mr. Young, a professor of navigation, for a proof that the Earth is not a globe.
Opinions are not proof of anything.

"Oh, but if the Earth is a plane, we could go to the edge and tumble over!" is a very common assertion. This is a conclusion that is formed too hastily, and facts overthrow it. The Earth certainly is, what man by his observation finds it to be, and what Mr. Proctor himself says it "seems" to be. flat - and we cannot cross the icy barrier which surrounds it. This is a complete answer to the objection, and, of course, a proof that Earth is not a globe.
Armwaving. Who is "Mr. Proctor"? What does this person's opinion about something that has never been observed have to do with anything?

"Yes, but we can circumnavigate the South easily enough," is often said by those who don't know, The British Ship Challenger recently completed the circuit of the Southern region - indirectly, to be sure - but she was three years about it, and traversed nearly 69,000 miles - a stretch long enough to have taken her six times round on the globular hypothesis. This is a proof that Earth is not a globe. [/i]
How so? Perhaps they didn't take a great-circle route. Do you think it's impossible to take a 1-mi (1.6 km) detour and end up a block away from your starting point?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »

At 3min 49sec in this video you can see approximate representation of the principle of  work of day and night on the Earth: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

In this video i have also presented one another reason for unsustainability of Round Earth hypothesis (with or without the supposed tilt of the earth)....

Is that your video?  You have placed sydney where perth is.   

If it is mid summer in the southern hemisphere I do not see a problem for sun in sydney at noon in salt lake city

What point are you making with australia and senegal?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:39:13 AM by Aliveandkicking »

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »

Thanks for using my globe image without attribution. The music is nice, but did you get permission from MGM to use their soundtrack and cartoon footage?

Care to explain what would cause the patterns of light and dark on the disk as shown around 3:49? What would cause a moving "pool of dark" surrounded by light on a flat earth during the northern winter?

As usual, your light source is way too close to the globe to illuminate half of it, so you jump to the wrong conclusion. The other illustrations are misinterpreted, too, as usual. For instance, the terminator illustrated in the polar projection around 1:15 is appropriate for an equinox, not the solstice you are arguing about. You apparently don't realize it, but that makes a significant difference in sunrise and sunset times around the world. Oops...

How long did you spend making this? Maybe you should find a more productive hobby, or learn more about the subject before wasting more time creating videos showcasing ignorance.

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »

No, while he has Sydney a bit far south, it's at least the right "end" of Australia. Australia is on the back side of that rather confusing wireframe globe, so it's reversed left-for-right in that view. Look how Tasmania is south of the left side (east when viewed from below) of the continent in the wireframe, the same as his location for Sydney.

If it is mid summer in the southern hemisphere I do not see a problem for sun in sydney at noon in salt lake city
There isn't one. There was a thread about this where he claimed this, but was shown he was wrong. Nonetheless, it's baaacccckkkkk....

For whatever reason he's convinced the Sun can't be setting in Dakar at the same time its rising in Sydney, ever. As usual, he's mistaken.

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »

No, while he has Sydney a bit far south, it's at least the right "end" of Australia. Australia is on the back side of that rather confusing wireframe globe, so it's reversed left-for-right in that view. Look how Tasmania is south of the left side (east when viewed from below) of the continent in the wireframe, the same as his location for Sydney.

There isn't one. There was a thread about this where he claimed this, but was shown he was wrong. Nonetheless, it's baaacccckkkkk....

For whatever reason he's convinced the Sun can't be setting in Dakar at the same time its rising in Sydney, ever. As usual, he's mistaken.

Ha!  Yes i had not noticed Australia was on the other side of that sea thru globe!

Dakar to Sydney is less than 180 degrees so it should be visible but i cannot see it on my globe.    I suppose with the two points being almost at a tangent to the line of sight it appears invisible.  Maybe in sunlight and using my binoculars i will be able to see them!   ;D

Edit;

Tried it at home again and found i need a more powerful magnification so i can be further away.  Definately marginal.   Again though the problem is the two places are sideways to my view and invisible to me. Probably not possible to see them unless both lit with a laser pencil............another try coming up

Edit2:  OK with one laser pensil I could confirm, for the same binocular view of the same globe position, each location was visible at mid summer :D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:17:30 PM by Aliveandkicking »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2015, 01:48:13 PM »
Alpha, you are bullshitting too much (as usual). Those arrows mean nothing, because they are purely artificial, that is to say: the spatial directions to which these arrows point to are determined so to conform to HC bullshit theory and to mislead honest thinker.

On top of that :

Mr. J. R. Young, in his work on Navigation, says. "Although the path of the ship is on a spherical surface, yet we may represent the length of the path by, a straight line on a plane surface." (And plane sailing is the rule.) Now, since it is altogether impossible to "represent" a curved line by a straight one, and absurd to make the attempt, it follows that a straight line represents a straight line and not a curved one. And, Since it is the surface of the waters of the ocean that is being considered by Mr. Young, it follows that this surface is a straight surface, and we are indebted to Mr. Young, a professor of navigation, for a proof that the Earth is not a globe.

"Yes, but we can circumnavigate the South easily enough," is often said by those who don't know, The British Ship Challenger recently completed the circuit of the Southern region - indirectly, to be sure - but she was three years about it, and traversed nearly 69,000 miles - a stretch long enough to have taken her six times round on the globular hypothesis. This is a proof that Earth is not a globe.

ANOTHER CLASSIC CASEY SUNSET :

ONLY, IF THE EARTH WERE ROUND, CASEY SUNSETS SHOULD OCCUR IN THIS DIRECTION:

[/quote]

When you find a photography in which midnight sun lit from behind Casey station (across Antarctica), let us know!

Until then, you can eat all those heliocentric arrows, so that you can become even smarter astronomer.

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
The south pole exists,  and you can prove it yourself.   Qantas have flights over Antarctica every New Years Eve,  flights leave from Melbourne. flying   over small areas of Antarctica ,dosen't make Antarctica the south pole. Prove your logic ?

So,  you've been on one those flights have you?    Did you get a picture of the edge?

Here are some south pole videos for you.

https://www.google.com/maps/views/view/streetview/antarctica/dark-sector-laboratory-south-pole-antarctica/uZ7YCXJGSbyDxIbY-wPWow?gl=us&heading=271&pitch=90&fovy=75
Simply to chose referencing Antartica as being the south pole .Does not make Antartica the south pole . Now I will ask you again how you are determining Antartica is a pole , other then just calling it so.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »
cikljamas, surely you are capable of answering simple questions. Do you have an answer for this?

Care to explain what would cause the patterns of light and dark on the disk as shown around 3:49? What would cause a moving "pool of dark" surrounded by light on a flat earth during the northern winter?

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2015, 02:28:34 PM »

That picture does not look right

But the next week at casey finds

http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/casey/this-week-at-casey/page?id=57545&st=Casey&dt=MjAxMi0wMS0xMw==

there wasn’t much left to do but to climb in the bivvy and try to sleep. With the sun still high in the sky this was more of a challenge for some than for others

And pictures of fiona tim and jorg ready to sleep in the day

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:31:00 PM by Aliveandkicking »

Mikey T.

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2015, 03:17:22 PM »
cik, I asked before and you ignored me in your CONSPIRACY thread, but how does a spotlight sun do this

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2015, 06:02:44 AM »
This pictures has been taken at February 13:

ANTARCTICA at MIDNIGHT :

ANTARCTICA - 2 AM :

https://neverstoptravelling.wordpress.com/category/antarctica/

After seeing pictures above, it is going to be much easier to get your heads around/about what really happens down there (after midnight)...

Now, read this post again : http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63538.msg1684703#msg1684703

Pay special attention to this chapter : CONTINUED DAYLIGHT IN THE EXTREME SOUTH : http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za49.htm

Regarding this question (What would cause a moving "pool of dark" surrounded by light on a flat earth during the northern winter?), i suggest you to read/watch these:

1. http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1677587#msg1677587
2. square earth firmament - glass in the sky : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

When the sun circles above the tropic of capricorn sun's rays hit the firmament under greater angle and that is why the sunlight is scattered more than when the sun circles above the tropic of cancer, and that also very probably causes 3 % greater angular size of the sun during southern summer.

I am just offering you some hints, don't expect of me to give you full explanation for the exact principle of work of day and night on the Earth.

I said this several times, but i can repeat it again: There is ABSOLUTELY no chance for successful defense of HC "explanation" of principle of work of day and night on the round/tilted Earth. I emphasize the word : ABSOLUTELY!!!

On the other hand, although we can't fully satisfy your curiosity, FET concept is the only one acceptable concept because this is the only way how we can PRINCIPALLY/GENERALLY (NOT IN DETAILS-at least not at this moment) explain day and night on the earth.

And finally, don't ask too much, rather try to find ANY evidence (pictures/videos) which could corroborate that Antarctic Midnight Sun lit across Antarctica. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:07:53 AM by cikljamas »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2015, 06:11:25 AM »
Ah...  It's  just dawned on me,   you don't know what the Antarctic Circle is, do you?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:18:08 AM by Rayzor »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2015, 06:13:26 AM »
Thanks for giving the link so we can see how dishonest you are. The first picture is not what you claim it is. I personally think he should be banned for the blatant dishonesty.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2015, 06:24:36 AM »
Thanks for giving the link so we can see how dishonest you are. The first picture is not what you claim it is. I personally think he should be banned for the blatant dishonesty.

O.K., i have mixed it up (dawn and midnight), now you can see everything in genuine order:

Are you satisfied now?

Why would i offer you a link, if i had bad intentions (to deceive you)???

Don't be so sad and pathetic!!!

P.S. If you don't know how to handle with your inferiority just ban yourself...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:26:10 AM by cikljamas »

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2015, 06:57:33 AM »
Are you satisfied now?

1. Your latest pictures are taken 100miles north of the Antarctic circle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neko_Harbour

2. By definition the Antarctic circle defines one day only of 24 hour sunshine on 21st of  December where no part of the sun is below the horizon.

3.  Other than at midsummer you have to be further south to see all of the sun 24 hours per day and as you get further from midsummer you have to be further and further south.

4. Casey Station is just outside the Antarctic circle so the midnight sun there on 21st of December will show the sun partly or fully dip below the horizon at sea level.

5. As for 3 outside of a few days at midsummer you cannot see the midnight sun at Casey

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2015, 07:08:36 AM »
Are you satisfied now?

2. By definition the Antarctic circle defines one day only of 24 hour sunshine on 21st of  December where no part of the sun is below the horizon.

3.  Other than at midsummer you have to be further south to see all of the sun 24 hours per day and as you get further from midsummer you have to be further and further south.

4. Casey Station is just outside the Antarctic circle so the midnight sun there on 21st of December will show the sun partly or fully dip below the horizon at sea level.

5. As for 3 outside of a few days at midsummer you cannot see the midnight sun at Casey

Exactly, all agreed,  but going  back to the definition of Antarctic circle,   Below that latitude the sun stays above the horizon for 24 hours,  for at least one day, but longer as you go further south.
So, if the sun is above the horizon for 24 hours,  then logically it must be due south at some point of the 24 hour period.    Hence proving a spherical earth.   

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2015, 07:28:33 AM »
Are you satisfied now?

Exactly, all agreed,  but going  back to the definition of Antarctic circle,   Below that latitude the sun stays above the horizon for 24 hours,  for at least one day, but longer as you go further south.
So, if the sun is above the horizon for 24 hours,  then logically it must be due south at some point of the 24 hour period.    Hence proving a spherical earth.   
Yes what is  the definition of Antarctic circle ? Its not on the map I have . So hence proving what ?
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2015, 08:03:57 AM »
Videos of Antarctic midnight sun

Midnight Sun at Sky Blu on Vimeo

Antarctica Supply Ship Offload Time-Lapse 2012 on Vimeo

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#]

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#]
I'd trust that NSW uni clip , like id trust a dog  minding meat in a butcher shop.

The midnight sun is only the conclusion of what you can see on midsummers day once you travel south from the equator.   I lived at 40S for many years in New Zealand.   The sun behaves the same there as it does in Spain.  As summer approaches the days get longer.     South america extends to about 55 degrees where the days  there are very long. and the sun sets and rises towards the south.

I am in helsinki at 60N where at midsummer the sun has an arc of about 250 degrees.   The sun sets in the northwest and rises in the north east.    It only gets fully dark for about an hour .

In southern south america they see the same thing almost.

But i am not sure what you are meaning about circles on a map.

Whatever map you are using,  on the Earths surface,  there are two circles where you can see the midnight sun on only one day per year.  One circle in the North and one circle in the South.

As you move away from the southern tropic (sun overhead) on midsummers day in the south,  the days get longer.  As you move away from the northern tropic on midsummers day in the north,  the days get longer.     Each side of the equator summer falls on different days.

Perhaps you have a question about this now?   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:42:30 AM by Aliveandkicking »