Sun and earth are moving, right?

• 38 Replies
?

Tom

Re: Sun and earth are moving, right?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 04:40:25 AM »
you really think you know everything about Life.

So, what is Life?
What is energy?
What is gravity?

Please don't describe some results you think you see or how you can exploit it or what you can do to manipulate it.

What is it?

Too easy,   

Life is what you make it.
Energy is what gets me up in the morning.
Gravity is what will kill you if you step off a high building. 

Here's one for you,   What is the meaning of life the universe and everything?

Empty words. A concept with no meaning at all. You have nothing profound to say about what Life is.

Why should there be a meaning?
If there is one I don't know.

?

Tom

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 04:42:47 AM »
I never claimed to know everything about gravity, but I have a good enough idea to be able to predict it and I do understand how it works quite well even though nobody know what causes it.

At least you admitted you don't know what it is.

Predictions about movements is a matter of simple calculation.

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 05:08:59 AM »
Why do you think round earthers need to do these 19th century-style experiments? We've got loads of pictures from space of our globe, and we don't have a problem with them.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

?

Realdeal

• Undecided
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »
Why do you not have a problem with photos from space?  If photos can be faked pretty easily, why should anyone take a photo as cold hard evidence?
Perhaps, use a greater level of introspective approach to examining your previous posts while keeping forum guidelines in mind.  I feel this would be helpful

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 08:10:11 PM »
Why do you not have a problem with photos from space?  If photos can be faked pretty easily, why should anyone take a photo as cold hard evidence?

Do you have any evidence that photos from space have been faked? 

Saying that something "could have been faked"  is not evidence.

Here is the live stream from the ISS,   Live_ISS_Stream on USTREAM: Live video from the International Space Station includes internal views when the crew is on-duty and Earth views at other times...    while I agree it could be faked, I see no evidence anywhere that it isn't exactly what it purports to be.
Further,  I  see no reason why anyone would bother to fake it.  To believe otherwise is to believe in some kind of global conspiracy.

There is a HD version as well, if your bandwidth can handle the higher data rate.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »

So, what is Life?
What is energy?
What is gravity?

Please don't describe some results you think you see or how you can exploit it or what you can do to manipulate it.

What is it?

Too easy,   

Life is what you make it.
Energy is what gets me up in the morning.
Gravity is what will kill you if you step off a high building. 

Here's one for you,   What is the meaning of life the universe and everything?

Empty words. A concept with no meaning at all. You have nothing profound to say about what Life is.

Why should there be a meaning?
If there is one I don't know.

The correct answer is 42.    I thought you would have known that.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2015, 08:30:40 PM »
Yes. The sun and earth can have different speeds.

If the force is about orbiting around a mass object, it would mean that the sun and all the planets are encircling around a massive object/planet in the universe. Do you agree?
I believe there is a theory that at either milky way's center there is a black hole. And remember, gravity is said not to be a force.

Here is a interesting documentary you might like on the supermassive black hole at the galactic center.    Mass estimated to be 3 million suns.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2015, 05:51:11 PM »
Much like any communication is, sounds we make as animals that we taught each other have meanings.  We then made an alphabet and written words to convey information in that way too.  So your argument about the name of the tree has no bearing on this subject.  The word for gravity, the word for tree, the word for stupid means nothing other than what we were taught they meant.
Keep trying young padawan, you will get that troll badge soon enough.

So, what is Life?
What is energy?
What is gravity?

What is it?

Please show us where you think a round earther has claimed to know everything.  Even if the answers of those questions were known then that would lead to deeper questions like why does anything exist and why are the laws of physics what they are and not something else.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2015, 08:07:50 PM »
Much like any communication is, sounds we make as animals that we taught each other have meanings.  We then made an alphabet and written words to convey information in that way too.  So your argument about the name of the tree has no bearing on this subject.  The word for gravity, the word for tree, the word for stupid means nothing other than what we were taught they meant.
Keep trying young padawan, you will get that troll badge soon enough.

So, what is Life?
What is energy?
What is gravity?

What is it?

Please show us where you think a round earther has claimed to know everything.  Even if the answers of those questions were known then that would lead to deeper questions like why does anything exist and why are the laws of physics what they are and not something else.

Tom is just trolling,  he's asking questions just to be annoying.