QFH Antenna

• 14 Replies
?

Art

QFH Antenna
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:15:20 AM »
Hi Guys :)

I live in Australia, and just successfully made a QFH antenna.
You can Google/Wiki about that, but basically itís an antenna designed to be roughly
as sensitive for signals overhead, and all the way down to the horizon,
but discriminate against signals from any negative elevation.

For a round Earth this means signals received from anywhere below the horizon in any direction
are reflected from something, and not directly originating from the transmitterís direction.

For matters of timing (especially GPS) this is important because a signal of unknown propagation path
carries useless timing information. The timing information was only useful if the signal took a direct path.
It can be demonstrated in this case that signals allowed from a negative elevation will
have undesired effect on timing information.

Please Explain :)

RET:0 - FET:0

?

tappet

Re: QFH Antenna
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 03:24:53 AM »
Hi Guys :)

I live in Australia, and just successfully made a QFH antenna.
You can Google/Wiki about that, but basically itís an antenna designed to be roughly
as sensitive for signals overhead, and all the way down to the horizon,
but discriminate against signals from any negative elevation.

For a round Earth this means signals received from anywhere below the horizon in any direction
are reflected from something, and not directly originating from the transmitterís direction.

For matters of timing (especially GPS) this is important because a signal of unknown propagation path
carries useless timing information. The timing information was only useful if the signal took a direct path.
It can be demonstrated in this case that signals allowed from a negative elevation will
have undesired effect on timing information.

Please Explain :)
Well done.
Could you post a photo as I do enjoy seeing things people make themselves.
Hand skills these days seem to becoming rarer as time goes by.

?

Art

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 05:21:49 AM »
Well itís the entire GPS actually.. stands 19cm tall to tip of antenna.
Itís based on Ublox LEA-5T precision timing module.

?

tappet

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:31:31 PM »
Nice work .my hobby is modifying ecu's for race cars.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 03:49:05 AM »
Does it work?

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 04:04:25 AM »
Does it work?

Thanks for the pics ART.  Neat little project that illustrates a technical application (weather satellites?) that obviously flew straight over JROA'a head LOL.  Unfortunately, his nonsensical response is more than typical of the majority of flat earthers here (excluding TAPPET in this case) when confronted with empirical evidence of a theory, supported by photographic images of any self-made device.

I am betting that JROA will now claim your images are faked.
There's something in this forum that makes you can't speak well...

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 06:46:22 AM »
What's wrong with asking if it works?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 08:41:32 AM »

You are obviously unaware that this sort of rhetorical one-liner is typical of JROA when he doesn't have any sensible response, but has to have his say regardless.  He is not really asking the apparent questions, but simply trying to be funny.  And again failing.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »

You are obviously unaware that this sort of rhetorical one-liner is typical of JROA when he doesn't have any sensible response, but has to have his say regardless.  He is not really asking the apparent questions, but simply trying to be funny.  And again failing.
I suspect Rama is fully aware of jroa's shtick.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 01:53:17 AM »

I was simply asking a question.  I don't know much about time machines, but if you posted pictures about a time machine you made, I would wonder if it worked as well.  I was genuinely curious whether this GPS setup worked, or if it needed or still needs work.  What is your problem? 

?

Art

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 06:05:50 AM »
Sorry I thought the thread had lost interest, and probably didnít look at it even if Iíve been back.
I do think itís fair enough to ask if it works. To tell you the truth it did surprise me but itís very good,
and Iím more than happy with the module too.

This is the first time I got it going, but itís not a proper demo. Thatís still coming.
This isnít absolute proof it works, but the final demo video will be.
It is made as an add on to synchronise an atomic clock to UTC and calculate my local offset.

By default, the frequency output will pulse once per second only if the module has a position lock.
I could have cheated though, and sent it a configuration command to make it improvise the output from boot time.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

?

Art

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 06:09:15 AM »
The answer is also, at the time, the implementation connecting it to the rest of the clock still needed work.
That is completed now, but the demo video isnít.

There are a lot of problems I have with a flat Earth, and precise timing elicits quite a few of them,
but the way a QFH antenna works in a GPS implementation, I think is a brand new one.
The clock also has a local astronomy calculator, but those conversations have been done before.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 04:07:01 PM »
I was simply asking a question.  I don't know much about time machines, but if you posted pictures about a time machine you made, I would wonder if it worked as well.  I was genuinely curious whether this GPS setup worked, or if it needed or still needs work.  What is your problem?

It was a question that - had you any basic knowledge of radio transmission and satellites - would not have needed asking.  And am I reading your comment correctly about so-called time machines?  Are you maybe claiming such a device actually may exist?

And anyway, ART actually said he "just successfully made a QFH antenna".  Obviously then, "successful" means operative.  Please try and read the comments more closely before derailing the thread.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »

It was a question that - had you any basic knowledge of radio transmission and satellites - would not have needed asking.  And am I reading your comment correctly about so-called time machines?  Are you maybe claiming such a device actually may exist?

And anyway, ART actually said he "just successfully made a QFH antenna".  Obviously then, "successful" means operative.  Please try and read the comments more closely before derailing the thread.

Several people have complained and accused you of being ausGeoff, and I was willing to just leave you alone and let you reinvent yourself.  However, you have not changed your act at all.  Note to anyone else who decides to create a new character on the forum: actually use a different personality so you will not get caught.  ZennerOne will now be permanently banned.  You are welcome to come back as ausGeoff, but if you make another alt, both accounts will be banned. 

Mikey T.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 05:50:28 PM »
So you are saying ZennerOne is an alt of ausGeoff.  Hey I wanted that job.
Well back to arguing with myself then.  I wonder who my alt is anyway.