Thought experiment confirms the earth is flat (part 2)

• 72 Replies

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
Re: Thought experiment confirms the earth is flat (part 2)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 12:54:30 AM »
Query- Can a thought experiment, by its very nature, actually confirm anything?
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 04:43:35 AM »
I have lots of evidence for Infinite Earth Theory. I have given my weaker arguments first, to ease you all in, but I have some dynamite stuff coming up for you!
What goes up, must come down.

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 09:20:13 AM »
I have lots of evidence for Infinite Earth Theory. I have given my weaker arguments first, to ease you all in, but I have some dynamite stuff coming up for you!

The two we've seen so far have been so weak we haven't gotten anywhere yet; it's good to see you recognize that. Can we please move on to some ideas you think have actual merit and skip any more weak ones?

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 10:15:07 AM »

The two we've seen so far have been so weak we haven't gotten anywhere yet; it's good to see you recognize that. Can we please move on to some ideas you think have actual merit and skip any more weak ones?

I'd love to do that, but if I dive straight in to the real research it would blow your minds. You need grounding in basic infinite earth theory first.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2015, 10:33:52 AM »
I'd love to do that, but if I dive straight in to the real research it would blow your minds.
Why not let us be the judges of that?
Clearly, alone, these dregs aren't particularly persuasive.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 10:46:46 AM »
I'd love to do that, but if I dive straight in to the real research it would blow your minds.

It's just been pointed out to me that there are other forums which may be more suitable for the really deep stuff, and that this is more of a fun forum.
Still, I'll let you have some of the info.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
Ichy, your evidence you have been posting lately sucks so by all means post something better if you have it.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »
Ichy, your evidence you have been posting lately sucks so by all means post something better if you have it.

Nobody could refute the aeroplanes thread. And the snooker table experiment was a victory for infinite earth too.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 11:49:15 AM »

Nobody could refute the aeroplanes thread. And the snooker table experiment was a victory for infinite earth too.

The snooker table thing proves nothing, a flat plane can touch a sphere without the laws of math breaking down.  Touch any flat plane with any sphere and watch in amazement as the laws of math remain in tact.

Airplanes can be seen from further away then ships because they are higher up, but if the Earth were flat then altitude shouldn't determine visibility distance.  Airplanes actually do disapear below the horizon if they are far enough away, but you need some serious magnification to see it because by that time they are very far away.  If you have ever been in an airplane you would know that you can only see things within 20-30 miles of you and you can't see the entire Earth, this means that the airplane can't be seen from everywhere on Earth.  Co trails often meet the horizon too which means that the airplane that made it did in fact meet the horizon at some point:

That airplane thing actually proves that the Earth is round.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2015, 05:51:08 PM »

It's just been pointed out to me that there are other forums which may be more suitable for the really deep stuff, and that this is more of a fun forum.

An alternative would be to petition the admins at this forum to allow you to post in the "Flat Earth Believers" board. That way, you could say what you want and not likely be challenged. If you do that, there may be a reason to visit there for a change; we could discuss your "points" here (if you make any), and you could accept the accolades (if any), or ignore us and just stay in the friendly confines of "Flat Earth Believers" (more likely, if the past is any guide to the future). Everyone wins!!

Still, I'll let you have some of the info.

Thanks!! If it's "the good stuff", please do! If it's no better than what we've seen so far, meh!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2015, 12:35:13 AM »
I'd love to do that, but if I dive straight in to the real research it would blow your minds. You need grounding in basic infinite earth theory first.

By all means,  have at it.   I promise not to laugh.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2015, 04:45:54 AM »

I'm reluctant to publish on a forum where people can't construct coherent sentences.

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 04:48:42 AM »

I'm reluctant to publish on a forum where people can't construct coherent sentences.
So we will take that as evidence that you don't have it. Also, how can you insult anyone here considering the stupidity of your thought experiments?

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2015, 05:16:39 AM »

Wasn't an insult. I sincerely meant that posts like that indicate to me that this may not be the right place for important information. It has been pointed out to me that there are more serious sites that are more appropriate.
I will, however, give you lot some of the information.

So we will take that as evidence that you don't have it. Also, how can you insult anyone here considering the stupidity of your thought experiments?

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2015, 05:23:33 AM »

Wasn't an insult. I sincerely meant that posts like that indicate to me that this may not be the right place for important information. It has been pointed out to me that there are more serious sites that are more appropriate.
I will, however, give you lot some of the information.

Ok how about this; you give us your better arguments and you keep giving them until we can't debunk them. When we can no longer debunk your argument, you can take that as a victory and stop posting. Deal?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2015, 05:32:37 AM »

Not reluctant enough to spare us from what I suspect are inane and illogical theories devoid of experimental evidence.

Mikey T.

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
There are some simple ways trolls use to make themselves think they are smart or winning arguments.
1).  Claim they have information that they cannot release because they would get into trouble.
2).  Claim they have multiple science degrees and others don't understand them.
3).  Claim they have information but constantly, for weeks, claim they don't have the time to post it.
4).  Claim they do not have the resources to perform experiments.
5).  Claim others are stupid and ignore direct refutations all while claiming those refutations are derailing tactics.
6).  Immediately resorts to insults when they cannot rebut.
7).  Claim they are using logic when they are clearly not, claims others don't know logic.
8).  Puts others on ignore lists because they get tired of repeatedly being asked to clarify what they are saying, so they claim those people can't read.

There are many more, but I think you have hit a few of these Mr. Itchy.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2015, 07:41:48 AM »
8).  Puts others on ignore lists because they get tired of repeatedly being asked to clarify what they are saying, so they claim those people can't read.
To be fair, I think those are just as likely to be traits of non-trolls. Actual trolls would have no desire to seriously defend what they're saying, so they'd enjoy the absurdity of repeated questions, and of providing fake experiment results. (And you can see how genuine people might well do the same). Generally though, trolls especially won't block many people: otherwise who can they troll?

But seriously, if you're only just figuring out that people here are trolling...
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 07:59:26 AM »
To be fair, I think those are just as likely to be traits of non-trolls. Actual trolls would have no desire to seriously defend what they're saying, so they'd enjoy the absurdity of repeated questions, and of providing fake experiment results. (And you can see how genuine people might well do the same). Generally though, trolls especially won't block many people: otherwise who can they troll?

But seriously, if you're only just figuring out that people here are trolling...
So are you trolling my darling jane ? This song is so you  ;D Slade - Goodbye to Jane (Gudbuy T'Jane) 1972: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2015, 09:54:03 AM »
I've stuck my neck out and invited you all to join my first trip to the new continent. What more do you want?

Sadly, nobody seems interested. There are more serious flat earth forums I can try.

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »
I've stuck my neck out and invited you all to join my first trip to the new continent. What more do you want?

Sadly, nobody seems interested. There are more serious flat earth forums I can try.
Itchy, Please forgive.

Effectively you told us you had mind-blowing evidence that new continents exist and “unicorns”. ( Well, not unicorns but since these creatures are unknown and hence unnamed to me, I say “Unicorns” to respectfully name these creatures as a group ,recognizing they may not resemble the mythical Unicorn)

There is not a  RE on this board that would not become a proponent of Itchyland (I know, again not the real name), once you overcome the preponderance of evidence. Your journey will go a long way to achieving that.  Sharing mind-blowing evidence, if valid can only advance that trip.

If it is not valid your interests can only be advanced by shedding a false idea, if valid ours will be advanced by learning new ones. But scrutiny should be expected and encouraged.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »

More details about the trip would be a start. You make the trip sound about as unappealing as you can: "a year-long boat trip leaving from somewhere and going somewhere else that only I think exists" led by someone who doesn't know the first thing about navigation, likely in the Antarctic Ocean. Yeah... what could possibly go wrong? Do enjoy your travels, though. Bring warm clothes.

"Serious flat earth forums" is an oxymoron.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »

More details about the trip would be a start. You make the trip sound about as unappealing as you can: "a year-long boat trip leaving from somewhere and going somewhere else that only I think exists" led by someone who doesn't know the first thing about navigation, likely in the Antarctic Ocean. Yeah... what could possibly go wrong? Do enjoy your travels, though. Bring warm clothes.

1. There is no such thing as the "Antarctic ocean".

2. The trip is not going near Antarctica. This is something roundies seem obsessed with.

3. I know I know nothing about navigation. That was the point of asking for expert help.

4. There are very serious flat earth forums. Roundies have I access to them so you wouldn't know.

5. No need for warm clothes, we are traveling in the South Pacific in summer time. Still sound unappealing? It's not a year long voyage, most of the time will be spent documenting new discoveries in the new world.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:55:10 PM by Itchy_Arris »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2015, 02:54:08 PM »

1. There is no such thing as the "Antarctic ocean".

2. The trip is not going near Antarctica. This is something rounded seem obsessed with.

3. I know I know nothing about navigation. That was the point of asking for expert help.

4. There are very serious flat earth forums. Roundies have I access to them so you wouldn't know.

1. Yes there is: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Ocean
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »

How do you plan to deal with issue that people that "know" about navigation, have knowledge based on a RE model? How do you ensure you go where you intend since maps, gps and compasses all have a RE bias?
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2015, 03:30:42 PM »
But you're planning the trip, aren't you? Are you looking for an expert navigator who believes the Earth is flat? And infinite?

5. No need for warm clothes, we are traveling in the South Pacific in summer time. Still sound unappealing? It's not a year long voyage, most of the time will be spent documenting new discoveries in the new world.

I estimate the trip will last about a year, it's not a one way trip, although you may not want to come back.
Year-long, or southern summer only? This may be slightly better thought out, so far, than the Official Flat-Earth Expedition. But, even if it is, that's not saying a lot.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2015, 07:51:19 PM »
Someone hacked my account  ;D.

Tell them to be more entertaining. The last account-hack we had on this forum was much more fun.

Well it wasn't exactly hacked, but my friend who is priest well he isnt really a priest he just calls himself that lol he used my computer and posted here.

So who is organizing this fictional trip,  is it your friend Priest who uses your computer,  or are we talking to the Itchy_Arse himself.

My troll detector is way into the red zone.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:53:48 PM by Rayzor »

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 04:14:30 AM »
But you're planning the trip, aren't you? Are you looking for an expert navigator who believes the Earth is flat? And infinite?

I estimate the trip will last about a year, it's not a one way trip, although you may not want to come back.
Year-long, or southern summer only? This may be slightly better thought out, so far, than the Official Flat-Earth Expedition. But, even if it is, that's not saying a lot.

Year long. We travel in summer, stay on island, then travel back following summer. Why is that so hard to understand?

I know the coordinates of where we are going. Just need people with ocean-going experience to get us there.

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2015, 05:59:47 AM »
I know the coordinates of where we are going. Just need people with ocean-going experience to get us there.

Oh, this is getting interesting. Mind sharing the coordinates with us?

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2015, 06:10:40 AM »

Oh, this is getting interesting. Mind sharing the coordinates with us?

Yeah right, and let you get all the glory. I will tell you only that we are heading for a location in the South Pacific.