18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Does Australia Exist?

• 473 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: Does Australia Exist?
« Reply #360 on: May 22, 2015, 08:45:07 AM »

When I go to a (public) notary in Sidney and ask him to make an offical document stating that I was at his office there at a certain time on a certain day, this will be accepted as proof in court.

Paperwork can be faked. Just because they can write a place down, that does not make it true.

In theory you are right, but it is accepted by the authorities (for what it's worth). A notary would go to jail and be out of business if he made a fake document (if he gets caught).

But if Australia does not exist, how could someone go to prison there?
And if Australia exists in, say, the Mojave Desert, how would they be caught for continuing the deception?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Tom

« Reply #361 on: May 22, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »

When I go to a (public) notary in Sidney and ask him to make an offical document stating that I was at his office there at a certain time on a certain day, this will be accepted as proof in court.

Paperwork can be faked. Just because they can write a place down, that does not make it true.

In theory you are right, but it is accepted by the authorities (for what it's worth). A notary would go to jail and be out of business if he made a fake document (if he gets caught).

But if Australia does not exist, how could someone go to prison there?
And if Australia exists in, say, the Mojave Desert, how would they be caught for continuing the deception?

Maybe Australia is a prison already.

All right, maybe I can bribe you. I will take you to Australia (I'll pay) if you admit that Australia exists on a specified location on this planet.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #362 on: May 22, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »
All right, maybe I can bribe you. I will take you to Australia (I'll pay) if you admit that Australia exists on a specified location on this planet.
Can you give me evidence that it does exist at a physical location? For all you know people taken to Australia are just bribed or killed.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Tom

« Reply #363 on: May 22, 2015, 09:15:58 AM »
Can you give me evidence that it does exist at a physical location? For all you know people taken to Australia are just bribed or killed.

You are very anxious to know if Australia exists or not. You don't believe me it exists, but you really want to know.
Are you willing to invest some money in order to know for once and for all?

How about the following deal? We will go together to Australia. We both buy a ticket and go. If it turns out that I fooled you I'll pay you back your money.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #364 on: May 22, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »
You are very anxious to know if Australia exists or not. You don't believe me it exists, but you really want to know.

How about the following deal? We will go together to Australia. We both buy a ticket and go. If it turns out that I fooled you I'll pay you back your money.

How would that be useful, though? Australia might exist in the Mojave Desert, or the flight might just bribe people and/or kill those who won't be bribed (Australia is well-known for dangerous wildlife, after all: a convenient excuse). It seems a lot of effort and expense for no real gain and high risk.

?

Tom

« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:50 AM »

How would that be useful, though? Australia might exist in the Mojave Desert, or the flight might just bribe people and/or kill those who won't be bribed (Australia is well-known for dangerous wildlife, after all: a convenient excuse). It seems a lot of effort and expense for no real gain and high risk.

If you want to pursue knowledge there are some risks and investments needed in this matrix-system.

Maybe you prefer the statement 'ignorance is bliss'?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #366 on: May 22, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
If you want to pursue knowledge there are some risks and investments needed in this matrix-system.

Sure, but given that the knowledge you're offering isn't anything particularly useful...
After all, even if there is a place that fills in for Australia, that just means the Mojave Desert exists, rather than Australia.

?

Tom

« Reply #367 on: May 22, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »

Sure, but given that the knowledge you're offering isn't anything particularly useful...
After all, even if there is a place that fills in for Australia, that just means the Mojave Desert exists, rather than Australia.

You are not prepared to put in the efforts, investments and risks to figure out if Australia exists and where it is located on the planet.

If you did you don't get the guarantee that you will find the answer. You are not willing to do anything.

That's fine, nothing wrong with it, but your statement 'Australia does not exist' is nonsense.
If it does not exist the statement has no meaning.
If it does exist, it is not true.

So, why not say 'I don't know if Australia exist'?
Or better, not to say anything (and not ask the question).

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #368 on: May 22, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »
You are not prepared to put in the efforts, investments and risks to figure out if Australia exists and where it is located on the planet.

If you did you don't get the guarantee that you will find the answer. You are not willing to do anything.

Good point, well-made.
You do understand satire, right?

?

Tom

« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »

Good point, well-made.
You do understand satire, right?

This whole forum is satire. A waste of energy.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
I can only agree.  This nonsensical thread has degraded to the point of absurd kindergarten banter, and has absolutely NOTHING to do with any sensible debate about the geometry of the earth.  This is yet ANOTHER example of the failure of the moderators (are there any?) to curtail totally off-topic threads in the upper forums.

This thread is about FE logic, and the failures thereof.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #371 on: May 22, 2015, 04:41:26 PM »
This whole forum is satire. A waste of energy.

I can only agree.  This nonsensical thread has degraded to the point of absurd kindergarten banter, and has absolutely NOTHING to do with any sensible debate about the geometry of the earth.  This is yet ANOTHER example of the failure of the moderators (are there any?) to curtail totally off-topic threads in the upper forums.
You are probably one of the others who voted option 4

?

Realdeal

• Undecided
« Reply #372 on: May 22, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »
Is this a joke threaad or something?  It seems to be making fun of the Flat Earth theory satirically, that was an option in your poll too.  Why?  Is this helpful to learning more about the theory or understanding what everyone else says is real?  I mean it seems like this is just a big joke around here.  Are there any Flat Earth people here or is evryone just playing around to start arguements?
Perhaps, use a greater level of introspective approach to examining your previous posts while keeping forum guidelines in mind.  I feel this would be helpful

TooBadSoSad

• Earth isn't real, those NASA shills are evil.
« Reply #373 on: May 22, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »
It is, I would just ignore posts like this.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #374 on: May 23, 2015, 01:05:40 AM »
Is this a joke threaad or something?  It seems to be making fun of the Flat Earth theory satirically, that was an option in your poll too.  Why?  Is this helpful to learning more about the theory or understanding what everyone else says is real?  I mean it seems like this is just a big joke around here.  Are there any Flat Earth people here or is evryone just playing around to start arguements?
The thread's meant to point out problems with typical FEer logic. Beyond the point where I had to end up defending some fundamentals of logic, the majority of the reasoning I've used is what FEers use to, for example, try to refute notions of space travel and moon landings.
If you want serous discussions and a chance to learn about FET, head over to tfes.org, this site's more for enjoyment purposes. There are a few good discussions, but as the majority of FEers here have turned troll, there's not much point in depth.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #375 on: May 23, 2015, 02:13:23 AM »
Yes.

« Reply #376 on: May 24, 2015, 05:10:20 AM »
Now reading this thread had actually forced my hand in to registering in this website that is mostly inhabited by trolls just so I can offer you my side of the coin, BiJane.

You are trying to prove that anyone claiming that something doesn't exist (like the curvature or the spin of the Earth) because he/she haven't seen it/sense it is plain wrong and it is up to a mockery from you.

I per see, have witnessed a huge flying unicorn with my own eyes and I can tell it is very real and my testimony is the proof. Do you believe it? You haven't seen it just like the curvature of the earth and haven't felt it's presence just like the spin.

My point is: Everything has to be up to debate and everything has to be looked from an open minded point of view. I do not believe any theory is entirely correct since there are simple experiments that prove them all and disprove them each other - it's actually pretty disturbing and very very scary.

Unicorns, Curvature and Religion should never be considered and minded as the same thing.
The day you stop requiring proof for the existence of anything is the day your scientific observations are overtook by pure beliefs - hence turning them in to religion.

Everything is possible... literally everything.
Question is in which one of these infinite possible worlds we live in?

I am sorry if it's unclear what I mean to say. I am not native to English language.
Best regards and good day. Enjoy life whatever the platform on which it is conducted.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:15:46 AM by mailman »

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #377 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:01 AM »
You are trying to prove that anyone claiming that something doesn't exist (like the curvature or the spin of the Earth) because he/she haven't seen it/sense it is plain wrong and it is up to a mockery from you.
I'm trying to show that personal experience is not the ultimate judge of what is true or not. I've never met anyone called Derek, I'm not going to include there is in fact no one with that name.

I per see, have witnessed a huge flying unicorn with my own eyes and I can tell it is very real and my testimony is the proof. Do you believe it? You haven't seen it just like the curvature of the earth and haven't felt it's presence just like the spin.
Well I've seen the effects of the curvature and the spin, but even past that, a reason will be needed to add something brand new to a worldview (such as a flying unicorn). Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, to use the cliche.

I do not believe any theory is entirely correct since there are simple experiments that prove them all and disprove them each other
Very rarely true.

The day you stop requiring proof for the existence of anything is the day your scientific observations are overtook by pure beliefs - hence turning them in to religion.
Tell that to FEers.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »

Stop saying that.
I've shown you, quite clearly, how wrong you are.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »

Stop saying that.
No, you have just asserted that you are right and BiJane is wrong.

Pictures can be faked they are not reliable.
People that claim to have been to Australia can either be mistaken, they are just parroting what they are told, or paid shills to lie.  Either way, their testimony is not reliable.
Your assertion that more people have been to Australia than to space is nothing more than an Agumentum ad Populum.  Just because more people say something is true doesn't make it true.
It has also been shown that, despite your assertion to the contrary, the debt that Australia is claimed to have does not prove its existence.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2015, 03:06:57 AM »
Stop saying that.
Not even close. You've said that if there is no reliable evidence for something, you will still believe in it. If you think that's being right, I honestly don't know what to say.

« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2016, 05:12:21 PM »
Australia exists because:
1. I am here
2. Australia has coast all round it, which I have followed on a road trip
3. Zoo's outside of Australia have Australian animals
4. Satellites can see Australia (Yes, the earth is round)

Even if none of this is true, how can I believe that America or Europe exists, since I have never been there?
This is just a case of someone trying to get attention.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2016, 06:08:18 PM »
1. I am here

Even if none of this is true, how can I believe that America or Europe exists, since I have never been there?

It worked.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2016, 06:12:48 PM »
1. I am here
Or so you are told.
Or just that the land you are traveling around is said to be "Australia"
Or maybe, we are just told that they are from "Australia"
Or it is just photo-shopped in by the evil conspirators.

True, you do not have proof that America or Europe exists.
There you go, I gave you some.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »
There are some very good points on both sides but I think I can settle this definitely. The Mars Rover found a rock shaped like Australia on marshttp://marsmobile.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=NLB_450148642EDR_F0310216NCAM00354M_&s=593
The only way this could be explained is if Australia exists.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

?

BJ1234

« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »
There are some very good points on both sides but I think I can settle this definitely. The Mars Rover found a rock shaped like Australia on marshttp://marsmobile.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=NLB_450148642EDR_F0310216NCAM00354M_&s=593
The only way this could be explained is if Australia exists.
That is just proof that The Conspiracy(tm) is lazy and rehashing the same crap over and over.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2016, 01:20:14 AM »
1. I am here

All of the above, haven't followed all the coasts, but most and have been to all "extremities".
And I can assure that the US west coast, quite a bit of Europe, Brunei, Dubai and New Zealand exist - unless those airlines all lied to us!
But do I exist?

Also I have never seen the "shadow object", so it doesn't exist.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2016, 01:35:57 AM »
But do I exist?

I often ponder the same question.

Can we put this thread in complete nonsense; it satisfies all the requisites, is mildly offensive to some and makes this whole site look like a complete joke.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2016, 05:57:25 AM »
But do I exist?

Can we put this thread in complete nonsense; it satisfies all the requisites, is mildly offensive to some and makes this whole site look like a complete joke.
  ::) You mean it's not?  ::)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2016, 06:11:30 AM »
But do I exist?

I think that start a dangerous precedent on a forum like this.   How many threads here would survive that test?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget