16 (18.4%)
I don't understand satire
18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Does Australia Exist?

• 473 Replies
Re: Does Australia Exist?
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »
If the US doesn't exist, and I'm not being paid - where am I?
Who prints the money?
What about country music?
Who's fighting in the Middle East dressed in US soldier uniforms?
Who is the real president?

The argument is nonsense, it is not a parallel to FE even slightly.
It is a false equivalency.

There were initially some people paid by the British to say they are Americans. Then those people told their kids the lie too. The kids were convinced that the USA exists, paying taxes to a non existent country, so the money could go to the Rockefeller family. And now, people are doing the same. They are just living in a fake country, with a fake military (the middle east is faked. ISIS is controlled by the Rockefeller family, videos are obviously fake, soldiers are killed by the Rockefeller family to not raise any suspicions), and paying takes to the fake government, money that goes directly in the pockets of the Rockefeller family. Even more, the british and the EU are also paying the Rockefeller family for keeping the USA illusion intact, so they can scare the Russians and the Chinese, and stop them from conquering the world.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »
Who prints the money?

There were initially some people paid by the British to say they are Americans. Then those people told their kids the lie too. The kids were convinced that the USA exists, paying taxes to a non existent country, so the money could go to the Rockefeller family. And now, people are doing the same. They are just living in a fake country, with a fake military (the middle east is faked. ISIS is controlled by the Rockefeller family, videos are obviously fake, soldiers are killed by the Rockefeller family to not raise any suspicions), and paying takes to the fake government, money that goes directly in the pockets of the Rockefeller family. Even more, the british and the EU are also paying the Rockefeller family for keeping the USA illusion intact, so they can scare the Russians and the Chinese, and stop them from conquering the world.
abaaaaabbbb63 has his eyes open.  He is seeing through the lies that They are trying to tell us to keep us compliant. 

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »
Who prints the money?

Exactly why this is not a parallel argument.
Thank you for proving my point.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »
Absolutely not true.
I really, really wish I was being paid, but I'm not. I'm sorry.
Plenty of FEers insist REers here are being paid. Would our word convince you? That's exactly what a shill would say...

1. You can go to Australia tomorrow. You can't go to space tomorrow.
Go ahead then. Just because you're told something's possible does not mean it is.

2. There is no incentive to maintain an Australia conspiracy. Space travel, when the Earth is flat, yields people billions of dollars.
You have heard of the tourism industry, correct? Space travel nets far less than that, especially once the cost of actually building huge rockets and paying off sources is taken into account.

3. It would be too large. I can go on the internet and find people on Facebook who say they're from Australia.
It's on the internet, so it must be true.

5. There are just too many people in contact, or who claim to be in contact, with Australia.
How many is 'too many'? How many have personal experience, that you know personally?

6. Plain observation can confirm that Australia exists, as well as the Earth being flat.
Given that photos may be manipulated, and that you have never personally seen Australia, give one example of how plain observation can be used.

7. Australia is part, and a contributor, to the UN.
8. Most developed countries have some diplomatic relations with Australia.
Perfect way to get money then. An ambassador shows up, wow: doesn't mean they have to be from Australia. The current PM of Australia was actually born in London. Coincidence?

It is absolutely not a parallel.

It is a parallel to many FEer points. The focus on personal experience to the exclusion of trusted sources, for example. It goes further, yes, but the same logic is applied.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2015, 12:13:53 PM »
Who prints the money?

Since an ordinary person can fly to Australia every year or fly to the south magnetic pole every year it is a parallel argument.

Anybody can work out for themself that the sun above the equator behaves exactly like the sun below the equator in Australia so even without travelling to australia or  antarctica we can realise that a polar night in antarctica is to be expected.   

If you do not yet realise these things then you should begin learning about them

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »
Absolutely not true.
I really, really wish I was being paid, but I'm not. I'm sorry.
Plenty of FEers insist REers here are being paid. Would our word convince you? That's exactly what a shill would say...

1. You can go to Australia tomorrow. You can't go to space tomorrow.
Go ahead then. Just because you're told something's possible does not mean it is.

2. There is no incentive to maintain an Australia conspiracy. Space travel, when the Earth is flat, yields people billions of dollars.
You have heard of the tourism industry, correct? Space travel nets far less than that, especially once the cost of actually building huge rockets and paying off sources is taken into account.

3. It would be too large. I can go on the internet and find people on Facebook who say they're from Australia.
It's on the internet, so it must be true.

5. There are just too many people in contact, or who claim to be in contact, with Australia.
How many is 'too many'? How many have personal experience, that you know personally?

6. Plain observation can confirm that Australia exists, as well as the Earth being flat.
Given that photos may be manipulated, and that you have never personally seen Australia, give one example of how plain observation can be used.

7. Australia is part, and a contributor, to the UN.
8. Most developed countries have some diplomatic relations with Australia.
Perfect way to get money then. An ambassador shows up, wow: doesn't mean they have to be from Australia. The current PM of Australia was actually born in London. Coincidence?

It is absolutely not a parallel.

It is a parallel to many FEer points. The focus on personal experience to the exclusion of trusted sources, for example. It goes further, yes, but the same logic is applied.
1) In this case, it does. Check it out.
https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=JFK;t=SYD;d=2015-05-25;r=2015-05-29;q=plane+tickets+to+australia
2) If it doesn't exist, you can't send tourists there.
Also, the lunar lander looks like its made out of tin foil and cardboard.
3) As machines have not yet passed the Turing test, these people must be paid off liars. The few million of them.
4) Why did you ignore this?
5) I know several people who have been to Australia. "Too many" would be the tens or hundreds of millions of people that would have to be involved with no incentive.
6) https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=JFK;t=SYD;d=2015-05-25;r=2015-05-29;q=plane+tickets+to+australia
Personally, I don't have the money or the time right now to go there myself, but I can check it out in a couple years, if you're willing to wait that long.
7)
and
8) Is the place where the PM was born really relevant?
How would it be a perfect way to get money in? Last time I checked, Australia gives the UN funding. Not the other way around.

You just admitted it was a false equivalency. Ergo, a bunk argument.

I am correct.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2015, 12:22:14 PM »
Who prints the money?

Since an ordinary person can fly to Australia every year or fly to the south magnetic pole every year it is a parallel argument.

Anybody can work out for themself that the sun above the equator behaves exactly like the sun below the equator in Australia so even without travelling to australia or  antarctica we can realise that a polar night in antarctica is to be expected.   

If you do not yet realise these things then you should begin learning about them
Can you reference, for my amusement, a non-stop North-South circumnavigation that was successful? And that flew directly over both poles?
Please refer to the wiki to clear up your confusion about the Sun's orbital patterns.

I am correct.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2015, 01:23:21 PM »
https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=JFK;t=SYD;d=2015-05-25;r=2015-05-29;q=plane+tickets+to+australia
So, because it's on the internet, it must be true?
You have yet to provide any evidence those do indeed provide a genuine flight to a place outside the Mojave Desert. People will happily pay for tickets and pay extra for souvenirs just because they're said to belong to a mysterious Australia. That's a profit.

3) As machines have not yet passed the Turing test, these people must be paid off liars. The few million of them.
So? Often social media isn't done 24/7, and even if it is, there's no reason the conspiracy wouldnt have access to technology in advance of our time.

I didn't, I just didn't address every point directly when it was answered in response to your other points. There was a lot of overlap.

5) I know several people who have been to Australia. "Too many" would be the tens or hundreds of millions of people that would have to be involved with no incentive.
The incentive is the money. Some people could of course be simply fooled, or lying for the sake of seeming cool.

6) https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=JFK;t=SYD;d=2015-05-25;r=2015-05-29;q=plane+tickets+to+australia
Personally, I don't have the money or the time right now to go there myself, but I can check it out in a couple years, if you're willing to wait that long.
7)
and
It proves that the political figures are not Australians, so the fact Australia is involved in internaional politics means nothing. They even admit the person who leads them is not native Australian.

How? It is not exactly the same argument, no: it's not exactly the same topic. Why would it be?
It is still the same logic.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »
So, because it's on the internet, it must be true?
You have yet to provide any evidence those do indeed provide a genuine flight to a place outside the Mojave Desert. People will happily pay for tickets and pay extra for souvenirs just because they're said to belong to a mysterious Australia. That's a profit.

So? Often social media isn't done 24/7, and even if it is, there's no reason the conspiracy wouldnt have access to technology in advance of our time.

I didn't, I just didn't address every point directly when it was answered in response to your other points. There was a lot of overlap.

The incentive is the money. Some people could of course be simply fooled, or lying for the sake of seeming cool.

7)
and
It proves that the political figures are not Australians, so the fact Australia is involved in internaional politics means nothing. They even admit the person who leads them is not native Australian.

How? It is not exactly the same argument, no: it's not exactly the same topic. Why would it be?
It is still the same logic.
1)
    The Mojave Desert is hardly Australia-like.
2)
3) I'm saying that there would have to be millions of people lying about who they are and where they live.
5) You seem to be missing that Australia costs money to maintain. There is no profit to be had.
6) &
7) &
8) There are many native Australians part of the Australian government.

Just admit that this is a false equivalency. The logic is not the same.

I am correct.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »
If Australia does not exist, it costs no money to maintain. Seems pretty obvious to me.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »
1) The Mojave Desert is hardly Australia-like.
Not all of it, no.

I'm saying that there would have to be millions of people lying about who they are and where they live.
Why? Many would be staying in Australia, and online-only presences don't mean anything.

5) You seem to be missing that Australia costs money to maintain. There is no profit to be had.
And faking space travel costs a lot. Perhaps it's simply made up for by the income.

There are many native Australians part of the Australian government.
Many of which do not leave of Australia, or who did not make much of an impression when they lived beyond.

Just admit that this is a false equivalency. The logic is not the same.
The logic is the same, that's the point: just applied on a larger scale.

« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
You have stated previous that you have been to Australia , on this forum . So were you lying then ,when you previously stated you had ?
I distinctly remember you stating you had.

You're either thinking of someone else, didn't notice sarcasm, or I was unclear for some reason. Could you please share where I've said I've been to Australia? I honestly never have.
Well I apologize then  Jane , I could of swore you had said you had been to Australia.  I'm not going to go through all your posts to check . That would be just plain creepy to do. Maybe I'v mistook l want to with I've been. Never the less I apologize again for my false accusation. Its strange though , I have this vib of you living in Australian .
How could she live somewhere that doesn't exist?
The land mass of New holland , New south wales (Australia) exsits , its on the map .
So you are admiring to just believing what you are told.  Do you have any unbiased unadulterated empirical evidence for the existence of Australia?
Traveling around its coastline & photos .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
You have stated previous that you have been to Australia , on this forum . So were you lying then ,when you previously stated you had ?

You're either thinking of someone else, didn't notice sarcasm, or I was unclear for some reason. Could you please share where I've said I've been to Australia? I honestly never have.
Well I apologize then  Jane , I could of swore you had said you had been to Australia.  I'm not going to go through all your posts to check . That would be just plain creepy to do. Maybe I'v mistook l want to with I've been. Never the less I apologize again for my false accusation. Its strange though , I have this vib of you living in Australian .
The land mass of New holland , New south wales (Australia) exsits , its on the map .
So you are admiring to just believing what you are told.  Do you have any unbiased unadulterated empirical evidence for the existence of Australia?

Sounds like the same standard astronauts have.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2015, 07:15:37 PM »

Well not really millions have taken photos  of some part of Australia.  In comparison to a select few claim making astronauts of space . If you apply the same principles  as you do for claiming a causetive & reality  in scientific evidence. That being over 50% of  a placebo divisioned   studied  group. The astronauts  woulden't rate a mention.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:25:57 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

?

Art

« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
Our grey line never crosses the Mojave desert
RET:0 - FET:0

?

BJ1234

« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »

Well not really millions have taken photos  of some part of Australia.  In comparison to a select few claim making astronauts of space . If you apply the same principles  as you do for claiming a causetive & reality  in scientific evidence. That being over 50% of  a placebo divisioned   studied  group. The astronauts  woulden't rate a mention.
So because millions believe they have actually taken pictures of a place they believe is called Australia, it must exist?  They are simply believing what they have been told by those in charge.  Also, that is an argumentum ad populum. You are saying "because millions say it is so, it must be so".  As has been said before, people who are living or visiting Australia don't need to be involved in the lie.  They can just be mistaken, just believing what they have been told or raised to believe. 

« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2015, 11:03:41 PM »

So because millions believe they have actually taken pictures of a place they believe is called Australia, it must exist?  They are simply believing what they have been told by those in charge.  Also, that is an argumentum ad populum. You are saying "because millions say it is so, it must be so".  As has been said before, people who are living or visiting Australia don't need to be involved in the lie.  They can just be mistaken, just believing what they have been told or raised to believe.
Tell me how did you get to be such a bitch ? I've driven the coast line more then once . So I can verify to my own experience first hand .That the  land mass they are referring to as  Australia  exists . How many rocketships have you flown in space ?
Just for you bitch"Freedom" by Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton - …: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:12:09 PM by charles bloomington »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2015, 11:29:32 PM »

Tell me how did you get to be such a bitch ? I've driven the coast line more then once . So I can verify to my own experience first hand .That the  land mass they are referring to as  Australia  exists . How many rocketships have you flown in space ?
Just for you bitch"Freedom" by Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton - …: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

You once again admit that you are just driving around a place that you have been told is Australia.  How do you know that it is really Australia?  Or maybe you are just lying because you are paid to say you have done so.  Seems like you are either completely mistakes, or a paid shill.  Either way, how could I possibly take your word for it?  Open your eyes man, see the world for what it really is!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:31:22 PM by BJ1234 »

« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2015, 11:32:48 PM »
[/quote]

It's the Rockefeller family that put you in a simulator to prove that Australia exists! Because if you find out that it doesn't, then you're a threat to them, as you could uncover that the USA doesn't exist too!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:38:26 PM by abaaaabbbb63 »

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2015, 11:36:14 PM »

It's the Rockefeller family that put you in a simulator to prove that Australia exists! Because if you find out that id doesn't, then you're a thread to them, as you could uncover that the USA doesn't exist too!
[/quote]
If you really think this is a parallel, you may have been listening to scepti and JRowe a bit too much.

I am correct.

« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2015, 11:39:42 PM »
If you really think this is a parallel, you may have been listening to scepti and JRowe a bit too much.

I'm just mocking the stupidity of the whole conspiracy theory that says "Earth is actually flat, everyone is hiding that from us."

?

BJ1234

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2015, 11:39:56 PM »
Quote from: bj1234

It's the Rockefeller family that put you in a simulator to prove that Australia exists! Because if you find out that id doesn't, then you're a thread to them, as you could uncover that the USA doesn't exist too!
If you really can't see that the same logic is being applied, you may have been listening to Papa and Truth Seeker a bit too much.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »

I'm just mocking the stupidity of the whole conspiracy theory that says "Earth is actually flat, everyone is hiding that from us."
It's really not that crazy. There is a large incentive, and not really that many people would have to be involved.
It's starting to seem like 10+% of the world would have to be in on this Australia conspiracy, and there's no incentive.
Get it?
Are you saying that there has never been a conspiracy?

I am correct.

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2015, 01:11:45 AM »
It's really not that crazy. There is a large incentive, and not really that many people would have to be involved.
It's starting to seem like 10+% of the world would have to be in on this Australia conspiracy, and there's no incentive.
Get it?

The flat earth conspiracy won't involve only astronauts and NASA. It would involve all space agencies on the globe that managed to put a satellite in orbit, plus the governments that control these agencies. Furthermore, it would take a huge financial and physical effort to stop all potential leaks.

Therefore, it is as impossible, or possible, as the USA not existing.

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2015, 03:44:57 AM »
Get it?

The flat earth conspiracy won't involve only astronauts and NASA. It would involve all space agencies on the globe that managed to put a satellite in orbit, plus the governments that control these agencies. Furthermore, it would take a huge financial and physical effort to stop all potential leaks.

Therefore, it is as impossible, or possible, as the USA not existing.
What is the conspiracy ? & what is being hidden ?.
Well there is no conspiracy just a cover up . The 1931 world bankruptcy & those that have & still are profiting from it . In a world bankrupcey all property becomes that of the lender The Banks. So what could  possibley be tenderd as collateral  to get a lone , when the banks own everything that the country borrowed against.
That only leaves live stock & future live stock.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2015, 04:47:49 AM »

Of course you have ::) why should we believe you, some random angry guy on the Internet?

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2015, 05:27:05 AM »
What is the conspiracy ? & what is being hidden ?.
Well there is no conspiracy just a cover up . The 1931 world bankruptcy & those that have & still are profiting from it . In a world bankrupcey all property becomes that of the lender The Banks. So what could  possibley be tenderd as collateral  to get a lone , when the banks own everything that the country borrowed against.
That only leaves live stock & future live stock.

You do know that "conspiracy" means, right?

conspiracy - a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful

?

BJ1234

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2015, 06:11:38 AM »

Get it?
You are over estimating the numbers that would need to be involved.  The "millions" that live in Australia can either be mistaken, if they do exist, or faked.  Have you met ALL the people in Australia?  And it seems you are just believing the official Real Worlder numbers for the population of this supposed Australia.  Only a few at the very top would nee d to be involved.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2015, 03:30:04 PM »

Get it?
You are over estimating the numbers that would need to be involved.  The "millions" that live in Australia can either be mistaken, if they do exist, or faked.  Have you met ALL the people in Australia?  And it seems you are just believing the official Real Worlder numbers for the population of this supposed Australia.  Only a few at the very top would nee d to be involved.
This is simply not true. Hence the false equivalence.
Enough people are in contact with Australia on a regular basis to make this idea much too ridiculous to be true.
I think I was being very conservative with that 10% estimate. I would imagine that at least 10% of people would have some form of contact with Australia at some point in their lives. I've bought things from there, for example.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:33:31 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »
This is simply not true. Hence the false equivalence.
Enough people are in contact with Australia on a regular basis to make this idea much too ridiculous to be true.
Define this contact. You might get a few emails (could be from anywhere: if Australia doesn't exist then tracing the server means nothing). You could get messages: so?
Skype calls and visual things might be more convincing, but that just needs a few people. Not everyone in contact with Australia will be in contact with one another, there's plenty of room to reuse the same people.