18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Does Australia Exist?

• 473 Replies

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
Re: Does Australia Exist?
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »
In what government? The Australian government that doesn't exist?
Also, Australia is a part of the United Nations, and they contribute to the fund of the UN annually.
So, in order to maintain the conspiracy, here are a few groups that would have to be involved.

1. EVERY developed nation on Earth.
2. EVERYONE who has ever been to Australia.
3. EVERYONE who claims to live in Australia.
4. The entire UN.

The budget of Australia would suggest that, even in the case they profited 500 billion dollars a year-
That it is simply not enough money to pay all of these people off. There would have been at least one defector by now.

You might as well make the argument that nothing in the world exists beyond the city you live in.

If you're going to try to make this a parallel argument, you'll find you have a hard time.

I bet the USA is just a fabricated country that was made to keep the russians and chinese from conquering the world.

I've never been to Russia or China nor known anyone that has, so your argument is false, as obviously neither place exist.
I know several people from Russia and I am of some Russian descent.
I've met people from China.

And I know people at JPL and have spoken with NASA astronauts, so using your logic to accept the existence of Russia or China, you must accept the existence of space flight.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »
If NASAs budget was just split up between the employees to keep their mouths shut, even assuming they spend 1 billion dollars a year on fakery, it still works out to something like a million dollars a year for each employee. I don't know about you, but I'd keep my mouth shut for that kind of security.

Assuming Australia doesn't have a deficit, and all of the revenue goes to the population claiming to be from Australia, and they make no expenditures...
It works out to about sixteen grand a person, a year.

Realizing that they do have a deficit is important, because that means that the cost of the conspiracy would much outweigh the profit.

Who is paying to maintain the Australia conspiracy?

Or are you suggesting that Australia has no population, even fake lying population?
And how would they know about the fakery if they weren't included in it?  You could have a few in the government in the know, then the rest just believing what they are told.  And who says that those in the know aren't purposefully running a deficit?  They are taking the money and splitting it amongst themselves.  The common Australian unaware of the fakery at hand.
Also, Australia is a part of the United Nations, and they contribute to the fund of the UN annually.
So, in order to maintain the conspiracy, here are a few groups that would have to be involved.

4. The entire UN.

The budget of Australia would suggest that, even in the case they profited 500 billion dollars a year-
That it is simply not enough money to pay all of these people off. There would have been at least one defector by now.

You might as well make the argument that nothing in the world exists beyond the city you live in.

If you're going to try to make this a parallel argument, you'll find you have a hard time.

If you are going to make an argument that Australia must exist because they contribute to the world in some fashion that impacts everyone on Earth or involves virtually every nation on Earth (the UN does not have universal membership), then the same argument must be applied to Space Flight.

Ipso facto, Space Flight must be real by your own logic.
And, how does space flight contribute to the world at all?
Last time I checked, those people are profiting billions of dollars each year.
That money comes from you and I.

The very computer you are typing that into was developed out of technology developed for the Apollo moon landing.

So I would say the space industry being responsible for the Home PC Revolution is rather impactful.

If you wont accept that as truth, then please provide proof that "Australia" is actually paying anything to the UN and its not some accountant somewhere for The Conspiracy cooking the books to make it look like it is.
You're not getting it.
There's a vast imbalance of profit margins between the two things we are discussing.
It's a false equivalency.

4. The entire UN.

I bet the USA is just a fabricated country that was made to keep the russians and chinese from conquering the world.

I've never been to Russia or China nor known anyone that has, so your argument is false, as obviously neither place exist.

And I know people at JPL and have spoken with NASA astronauts, so using your logic to accept the existence of Russia or China, you must accept the existence of space flight.
I didn't claim that that was proof of anything, but who would be paying those people (and my ancestors) to lie is beyond me.
Can you come up with something?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
There is merit to doubt the round Earth, because less than 600 people have ever been to "space".

What is your standard?  At what point does your doubt lose merit?

There are people who stand to make billions of dollars by covering up the flat Earth.

Already asked: Which people and how?

There is not merit to doubt the existence of Australia, because millions of people have made their lives there and it exists outside any possible conspiracy to cover up the truth about Australia.

How can you be sure there is no conspiracy to cover up the truth of Australia's existence? 

You can buy a plane ticket and go there tomorrow.

Perhaps, perhaps not.  Seems like a good experiment.

There is no reason for anyone to cover up the existence of Australia because it would yield no profit, and there is little to no incentive.
Australia is in a large amount of debt.

Yes, which means that banks are giving billions to a fiction with no hope of repayment.  Sounds like the Australian conspiracy is printing money (literally since they have a national currency).  They also frequently post trade surpluses in the billions of dollars on a monthly basis.  Sure sounds like there is no money to be made there  ::)
If NASAs budget was just split up between the employees to keep their mouths shut, even assuming they spend 1 billion dollars a year on fakery, it still works out to something like a million dollars a year for each employee. I don't know about you, but I'd keep my mouth shut for that kind of security.

Assuming Australia doesn't have a deficit, and all of the revenue goes to the population claiming to be from Australia, and they make no expenditures...

Realizing that they do have a deficit is important, because that means that the cost of the conspiracy would much outweigh the profit.

Or are you suggesting that Australia has no population, even fake lying population?

You're ignoring the ancillary industries to Space travel. Which would easily number in the millions of people, as they include, GPS makers, Cell Phone Companies, TV providers, Internet Providers, Sat Phone companies, Militaries, yadda yadda yadda.
I'm not.
I challenge you to come up with an at least semi-accurate figure of the amount of people involved.
Once you're done, weigh that with the profit margins for the organizations involved, and I promise the amount of money would be well worth never speaking the truth about the shape of the Earth.
The same cannot be said about Australia.

What is the money for? Why is some shadowy group throwing trillions at every industry on earth that uses satellites or space flight or the technology developed from these endeavors.

How can you think that whatever reason you think keeping the truth of the Earth's shape is more profitable then spending all of this hush money? That would mean there is insane GDP busting profit hidden in the planets shape... for what?
As I said, government money comes out of the pockets of you and I. (And anyone else who works.)
A percentage of this goes to NASA.
We pay the private companies, as consumers.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

That there is no way there is more profit for anyone to spend trillions hushing rather than letting the free market exploit the "flat earth" that for whatever reason you seem to believe needs to be hidden from us.

In your theory then NASA is running the world, since all that hush money seems to be going to them.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2015, 12:17:22 PM »

And how would they know about the fakery if they weren't included in it?  You could have a few in the government in the know, then the rest just believing what they are told.  And who says that those in the know aren't purposefully running a deficit?  They are taking the money and splitting it amongst themselves.  The common Australian unaware of the fakery at hand.

4. The entire UN.

If you are going to make an argument that Australia must exist because they contribute to the world in some fashion that impacts everyone on Earth or involves virtually every nation on Earth (the UN does not have universal membership), then the same argument must be applied to Space Flight.

Ipso facto, Space Flight must be real by your own logic.
And, how does space flight contribute to the world at all?
Last time I checked, those people are profiting billions of dollars each year.
That money comes from you and I.

The very computer you are typing that into was developed out of technology developed for the Apollo moon landing.

So I would say the space industry being responsible for the Home PC Revolution is rather impactful.

If you wont accept that as truth, then please provide proof that "Australia" is actually paying anything to the UN and its not some accountant somewhere for The Conspiracy cooking the books to make it look like it is.
You're not getting it.
There's a vast imbalance of profit margins between the two things we are discussing.
It's a false equivalency.

4. The entire UN.

I didn't claim that that was proof of anything, but who would be paying those people (and my ancestors) to lie is beyond me.
Can you come up with something?

Profit is profit, there is no minimal line. Even more so, it would be easier to maintain the lie of Australia then it would be of space flight, since if you make up the fact it exists, everyone in the country is fake, then you need only buy out a few people needed to maintain the lie, and anyone that says they have flown there is lying. That number is far less than the number of people needed to keep quiet that are directly and indirectly part of the space industry.

The only way to prove to me that there are 33 million plus Aussies that need to be kept quiet by your logic is for you to personally introduce me to each and every one of them with a way to verify my location at all times and where they were born.

They would pay these people to pretend to be from a place called Russia or China because then they can bilk billions of dollars out of people in investing in a fake country with no need to use that money to actually produce anything, since it is all fake anyways right?

Just like your NASA logic.

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »
I live in the US, and I can tell you that that is simply not true.
I can attest to the fact that nobody has paid me a dime to say what I just said.

They're paid to do this, of course. How many did you meet?

Do you believe everything about your descent? You don't know for sure. Maybe your parents were paid to tell you that.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2015, 12:41:56 PM »

The one that is perpetrating the fakery.  The government might not even be an official country government. It might be a secret society that actually runs things.
[/quote]
Also, Australia is a part of the United Nations, and they contribute to the fund of the UN annually.[/quote]
So?  Are you saying a fake country being controlled by an already controlled UN would shoot up red flags?

Have you been even reading this thread?  The only way to verify ANYTHING is to experience first hand.  How could an entire nation visit Australia?
No, they just believe they have been to Australia.  They are just believing what they are told.
Same as above, they are just saying they are in Australia because they have been told since birth that is where they live, or that if they moved there at when older, they were just told that they landed in Australia.
4. The entire UN.
We are supposed to believe an Organization that is controlled by a shadow government?  Not likely.
Well let us assume that I didn't totally destroy your argument that there are millions of people involved in the Australia coverup, there are other ways to keep people silent.  There could be threats against their life, or their loved ones.

And how do you even know that your city exists?  Have you even considered that we live in a Fake World and nothing is really there?
No, the argument is that is you haven't experienced Australia first hand, it doesn't exist.  How is that argument any different from "If you haven't experience space first hand, it doesn't exist?"

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2015, 12:50:05 PM »
There is merit to doubt the round Earth, because less than 600 people have ever been to "space".
So? There are plenty more people who must be in on the lie to continue the deception. Do you know how many fields rely on space nowadays?
In addition, how many people do you, personally, know that have been to Australia? What evidence do you have that more than hundreds have actually been to Australia?

There are people who stand to make billions of dollars by covering up the flat Earth.
And once you take into account everything paid to Australia, the tourism traps (it's a whole constructed culture that therefore provides a lot of money, even indirectly), the Australia conspiracy still stands to make plenty.
And the analogy was strictly with the space travel conspiracy (not focused on Papa's, though mildly inspired by it), but if you want to involve a Flat Earth conspiracy, you've just increased how may people must be involved, and further made it harder to pay for.

Prove it.

There is no reason for anyone to cover up the existence of Australia because it would yield no profit, and there is little to no incentive.
*cough* Space travel *cough*
In addition, I hope I've explained how there is plenty of profit to be made by creating a fictional country, and how that profit would be a good incentive.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »
*cough* Space travel *cough*
In addition, I hope I've explained how there is plenty of profit to be made by creating a fictional country, and how that profit would be a good incentive.
You must have not been paying attention.

I am correct.

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2015, 03:29:30 PM »
This is a classic example of a false equivalence.
It really isn't.  The argument by Papa is that since none of us have been to space, we can't know anything about it and since we don't know anything about it, we cannot be sure space even exists.  That is the same argument that Jane is making about Australia.  Since she has never been to Australia, and can only rely on the word of others, she does not have any first hand knowledge of Australia, therefore, she cannot be sure Australia exists.
So since we are using numbers to justify merit of an argument, there is merit to doubt the flat earth since less people believe in flat earth than round earth.  Can't have it both ways now can you?
Citation needed.
There is not merit to doubt the existence of Australia, because millions of people have made their lives there and it exists outside any possible conspiracy to cover up the truth about Australia.
And are they sure that they are IN Australia? They are just believing what they are told.
Or just show up to a place that They say is Australia.
Are you saying no company makes a profit if they have dealings with Australia?  That doesn't make much sense.
Australia is in a large amount of debt.
So?  The USA is in a large amount of debt.  Where is all this money coming from faking space travel?
Understand?
Unfortunately, your argument is pretty weak.  Seems like you don't even think about the responses that your controllers have typed up for you.  Must be the life being a Real World shill.  Can't you see you are being used?  The world is Fake!  The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can regain control of your fake life.  It might not be as comfortable as you live now being a shill, but atleast you might be able to sleep at night knowing you bask in the truth!
BUT !!!!!! Jane has stated she has been to Australia . She has testified to its exsistance by saying she has been there. For jane to argue australia does not exist . Is to now claim she lies.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2015, 03:47:12 PM »
BUT !!!!!! Jane has stated she has been to Australia . She has testified to its exsistance by saying she has been there. For jane to argue australia does not exist . Is to now claim she lies.

Um... I've never been to Australia. I know people who claim to live there, that's it.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2015, 03:51:27 PM »

4. The entire UN.

Why would every nation need to be involved?  You really think that there are that many people that have to have contact with Australia?  It's about compartmentalization.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2015, 04:11:46 PM »

Um... I've never been to Australia. I know people who claim to live there, that's it.

Prove it.

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »

You have stated previous that you have been to Australia , on this forum . So were you lying then ,when you previously stated you had ?
I distinctly remember you stating you had.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

Mikey T.

« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2015, 07:07:44 PM »

You have stated previous that you have been to Australia , on this forum . So were you lying then ,when you previously stated you had ?
You know exactly what this thread is about, and trying to derail it to try to make Jane look bad isn't really anything related.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2015, 10:22:31 PM »
You really think that there are that many people that have to have contact with Australia?
Absolutely. If you doubt this, you're in too deep.
The only other option is to agree that this is a false equivalency.
I thought you were better than that, Rama.

Furthermore, there are many companies situated in and operating out of Australia.
What's the explanation for that?
That there really aren't?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:46:21 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2015, 10:52:32 PM »

You know exactly what this thread is about, and trying to derail it to try to make Jane look bad isn't really anything related.
Making jane look bad , why have you seen a photo of her? I picture her being some what gorgeous.  This is a hypothetical conundrum thread. I couldn't care less how much lying jane did on this thread .she is in third person character for the purposes of the thread Moron !!! . & her character was caught out in the charade. I dont think anyone is going to hang her for be a hopeless actress.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:55:44 PM by charles bloomington »

Mikey T.

« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2015, 11:05:30 PM »
Your anger is showing charles.  You know that just invigorates me to poke at your more.  Intellectually speaking you are unarmed for the coming battle if you want to travel down this pathway.  I leave it to you, keep derailing threads with useless nonsense, lying about things, and deciding you are big boy enough to call me names is not the way you should be going.

I'm guessing you are not bright enough to realize that this is actually a friendly warning.  I called you out for trying to derail the thread.  It was clear you were.

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2015, 11:38:56 PM »
Your anger is showing charles.  You know that just invigorates me to poke at your more.  Intellectually speaking you are unarmed for the coming battle if you want to travel down this pathway.  I leave it to you, keep derailing threads with useless nonsense, lying about things, and deciding you are big boy enough to call me names is not the way you should be going.

I'm guessing you are not bright enough to realize that this is actually a friendly warning.  I called you out for trying to derail the thread.  It was clear you were.
WHAT DERAILING. Jane had stated awhile back she had a holiday once in Australia. Your point ?

Mikey T.

« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2015, 11:42:44 PM »
While this may or may not be true, it had no bearing on the discussion.  These are your normal tactics, to jump in and try to derail, since Jane is one of your favorite people to target.  I think she really maybe spends enough time to swat you away, like you would a bothersome gnat.  I just think that you should try to do things that do not intellectually strain you so much as, communicating.  You seem to get it wrong so much, and it is obvious that it leaves you no energy left for thinking.

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2015, 12:12:23 AM »
You really think that there are that many people that have to have contact with Australia?

Furthermore, there are many companies situated in and operating out of Australia.

Most of them are fake Americans that were paid to both say that the USA exists and Australia exists.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2015, 12:57:53 AM »

Most of them are fake Americans that were paid to both say that the USA exists and Australia exists.
If the US doesn't exist, and I'm not being paid - where am I?
Who prints the money?
What about country music?
Who's fighting in the Middle East dressed in US soldier uniforms?
Who is the real president?

The argument is nonsense, it is not a parallel to FE even slightly.
It is a false equivalency.

I am correct.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2015, 02:23:31 AM »

You're either thinking of someone else, didn't notice sarcasm, or I was unclear for some reason. Could you please share where I've said I've been to Australia? I honestly never have.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2015, 02:25:59 AM »
You are being paid. Shill.
Who prints the money?

It is nonsense, but it is also a very clear parallel. Details vary, but the logic stays constant.

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2015, 03:30:32 AM »

You're either thinking of someone else, didn't notice sarcasm, or I was unclear for some reason. Could you please share where I've said I've been to Australia? I honestly never have.
Well I apologize then  Jane , I could of swore you had said you had been to Australia.  I'm not going to go through all your posts to check . That would be just plain creepy to do. Maybe I'v mistook l want to with I've been. Never the less I apologize again for my false accusation. Its strange though , I have this vib of you living in Australian .

?

BJ1234

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2015, 06:49:51 AM »

Well I apologize then  Jane , I could of swore you had said you had been to Australia.  I'm not going to go through all your posts to check . That would be just plain creepy to do. Maybe I'v mistook l want to with I've been. Never the less I apologize again for my false accusation. Its strange though , I have this vib of you living in Australian .
How could she live somewhere that doesn't exist?

« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2015, 07:17:26 AM »

The land mass of New holland , New south wales (Australia) exsits , its on the map .

?

BJ1234

« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2015, 07:22:14 AM »

The land mass of New holland , New south wales (Australia) exsits , its on the map .
So you are admiring to just believing what you are told.  Do you have any unbiased unadulterated empirical evidence for the existence of Australia?

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2015, 09:33:03 AM »
Why has nobody asked the obvious question here?

Has CHARLES BLOOMINGTON ever visited Australia, or is he relying on a map to prove its existence?
There's something in this forum that makes you can't speak well...

?

BJ1234

« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »
Why has nobody asked the obvious question here?

Has CHARLES BLOOMINGTON ever visited Australia, or is he relying on a map to prove its existence?
I believe he claims to live there.  But if he does, he is just believing what other have told him. 

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2015, 10:44:55 AM »
You are being paid. Shill.
Who prints the money?

It is nonsense, but it is also a very clear parallel. Details vary, but the logic stays constant.
Absolutely not true.
I really, really wish I was being paid, but I'm not. I'm sorry.
It is certainly not a parallel.
Here's why.
1. You can go to Australia tomorrow. You can't go to space tomorrow.
2. There is no incentive to maintain an Australia conspiracy. Space travel, when the Earth is flat, yields people billions of dollars.
3. It would be too large. I can go on the internet and find people on Facebook who say they're from Australia. I can buy something from a company based in Australia, and when it gets here, the stamps tell me it was shipped from Australia.
4. I can buy things from private people who claim to live in Australia.
5. There are just too many people in contact, or who claim to be in contact, with Australia.
6. Plain observation can confirm that Australia exists, as well as the Earth being flat.
7. Australia is part, and a contributor, to the UN.
8. Most developed countries have some diplomatic relations with Australia.

I could type a list consisting of hundreds of reasons, but maybe you'll get the point now?

It is absolutely not a parallel.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:47:04 AM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.