16 (18.4%)
I don't understand satire
18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Does Australia Exist?

• 473 Replies
Re: Does Australia Exist?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 04:09:03 AM »
Good topic, using FE's debate strategy to show that it can be used to debunk any idea..

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 04:22:58 AM »
I could list an almost infinite line of sources, to prove something the majority will take for granted. If you can't list a reliable source for yourself, I'm not going to start. If you want this argument resolved, that's your prerogative, since we have the upper hand and the "unreliable" evidence.
Unreliable evidence is not the upper hand. You're the one claiming it does exist, the onus is on you to prove it. You're making the positive claim.

I have nothing to gain from lying about Australia's existence.
Prove it.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Why-Am-I-Here?

• Massive ice wall? where?
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 05:17:52 AM »
I could list an almost infinite line of sources, to prove something the majority will take for granted. If you can't list a reliable source for yourself, I'm not going to start. If you want this argument resolved, that's your prerogative, since we have the upper hand and the "unreliable" evidence.
Unreliable evidence is not the upper hand. You're the one claiming it does exist, the onus is on you to prove it. You're making the positive claim.

I have nothing to gain from lying about Australia's existence.

I have precisely no source of income, let alone income from a corrupt government agency trying to fake Australia's existence for the good of themselves under the idea of a totally bullshit conspiracy.
Prove it.
One day this argument will cease. Probably about two days after four horses of the apocalypse charge in and declare judgement day with fairies on their backs.

?

Art

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 05:23:58 AM »
I meant live streaming video over Skype.

The position of celestial bodies is not misleading.
Everything in the sky has a current azimuth and elevation whether the Earth is flat or round.
ie. if the Earth is flat or round we can still predict where the Moon is going to be and when, and it will be there.
Light bends but atmospheric refraction can be calculated. Computer programs can predict such events to fractions of seconds.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:28:08 AM by Art »
RET:0 - FET:0

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 05:34:20 AM »
I meant live streaming video over Skype.
That's still a video. It can be faked.

The position of celestial bodies is not misleading.
Everything in the sky has a current azimuth and elevation whether the Earth is flat or round.
ie. if the Earth is flat or round we can still predict where the Moon is going to be and when, and it will be there.
So? You must assume everything you're told is accurate if that's to be relevant.

Light bends but atmospheric refraction can be calculated. Computer programs can predict such events to fractions of seconds.
So you say, but that only works if you assume those equations are accurate. There could be any number of oversights: no scientist claims to know everything. In addition, if there is a conspiracy to hide the non-existence of Australia, the equations we're given might be misleading.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 05:35:41 AM »
I have precisely no source of income, let alone income from a corrupt government agency trying to fake Australia's existence for the good of themselves under the idea of a totally bullshit conspiracy.
Firstly, please work on your quoting, it can be a pain to work out what I need to respond to.
Secondly, how is anyone meant to be convinced of that? Just because one person on the internet says something, does not mean it's true.

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2015, 05:51:46 AM »

This thread is retarded because there are enough people who can personally verify in Australia's existence. But, not it's location on the earth.

Do you understand the difference?

They are either shills or have been duped by the conspiracy. When you were in "Australia" How do you know where you really were? Especially given that the world is flat and there is no established reliable map of the flat earth. GPS would be useless since that is a RE myth.

But if you want to go with personal verification, lots of people supposedly have first hand experience seeing the earth form space.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2015, 06:02:38 AM »

Evidence must come from a reliable source: word of mouth from people being paid to keep their mouths shut is not a reliable source.

A sources reliability is in the eyes of the beholder.

Since BiJane is taking a FE position and using their logic, a reliable source is one that agrees with him, anything that does not is unreliable, faked, bollocks, fantasy and simply impossible.

If you reject BiJane's argument on the non-existence of Australia, your reasons for doing so will also apply for rejecting the arguments for a Round earth. 

As he is using the same tactics
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

?

Art

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2015, 06:09:17 AM »
That's still a video. It can be faked.
I suppose, bu then there would have to be a conspiracy to cover the existence of Australia.
You could send someone you trust to Australia (wherever it is) and get them to do it.
Even just wait till someone you trust comes for a holiday.

So? You must assume everything you're told is accurate if that's to be relevant.
No assumption needed... Computers have been here a while, celestial bodies have behaved more or less the same way since recorded.

So you say, but that only works if you assume those equations are accurate. There could be any number of oversights: no scientist claims to know everything. In addition, if there is a conspiracy to hide the non-existence of Australia, the equations we're given might be misleading.
Same answer as above.

RET:0 - FET:0

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2015, 06:15:37 AM »
FYI - Mad Max: Fury Road was filmed in Namibia not Australia.....Is the truth coming out?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 06:17:51 AM »
I suppose, bu then there would have to be a conspiracy to cover the existence of Australia.
You could send someone you trust to Australia (wherever it is) and get them to do it.
They could be paid off, or taken to the Mojave Desert.

No assumption needed... Computers have been here a while, celestial bodies have behaved more or less the same way since recorded.
So? That doesn't mean there wouldn't be exceptions. no scientist says they know everything. Do you know everything about science?

?

BJ1234

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 06:23:53 AM »
BiJane, I applaud you.  You have just proven that the entire world does not exist and it is actually completely fake.  I would like to see the Real Worlders wiggle their way out of this one!!!!

I am not a converted FWer!!!!  Fake Worlder!!!!!  You have opened my eyes, although I do realise that those too are fake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2015, 07:26:19 AM »
They could be paid off, or taken to the Mojave Desert.

So? That doesn't mean there wouldn't be exceptions. no scientist says they know everything. Do you know everything about science?

Since I actually live in Australia,  and I now know the fact that Australia's existence needs to be kept a carefully guarded secret.   
I'm going to spill the beans, unless someone can cough up a reasonable bribe to keep me quiet.   

You have 24 hours!  Or I will tell all!   

Cash please in low denomination  $A will be just fine.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:27:54 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2015, 07:44:44 AM »
Since I actually live in Australia...

Prove it.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 10:11:09 AM »
Since I actually live in Australia...

Prove it.

It's late saturday night  3:04AM and I'm working late designing printed circuit boards,  I could go take a picture of something flat, and pretend that is the earth?  Would that work.   

I could sms you a screen capture of my iphone google maps showing gps co-ordinates.   Maybe you could come for a visit,  that would prove I'm really here. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2015, 10:15:46 AM »
I could go take a picture of something flat, and pretend that is the earth?  Would that work.   
It doesn't matter whether the world is round or flat, that wouldn't make Australia exist. The Erath's actually a rhombicuboctahedron by the way.

I could sms you a screen capture of my iphone google maps showing gps co-ordinates.   Maybe you could come for a visit,  that would prove I'm really here.
Photos can be faked, GPS is unreliable, and you might just take me to the Mojave Desert.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2015, 10:22:17 AM »
I could go take a picture of something flat, and pretend that is the earth?  Would that work.   
It doesn't matter whether the world is round or flat, that wouldn't make Australia exist. The Erath's actually a rhombicuboctahedron by the way.

Photos can be faked, GPS is unreliable, and you might just take me to the Mojave Desert.

Damn,  I knew it was a rhombicuboctahedron,  I felt it,  I mean you only need to look out the window, or watch the sun setting over a flat sea to just intuitively "feel"  the rhombicuboctahedron-ness.
I don't think the Mojave Desert is real either.   The reptillian illuminati nazi's  that live in the hollow moon spaceship, and run nasa don't think it's real either.

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 10:31:04 AM »

GPS is very reliable.  Used for many timing and mapping applications

?

BJ1234

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »

Once you open our fake eyes to being a FWer, you will realise that everything is fake, including the reliability of fake GPS

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »

It can be, but it has also been shown to be something that cannot be trusted on these forums.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2015, 12:30:30 PM »
You shouldn't. Once again:

You can go there, but you won't know whether the earth is flat or round, when you get there. You will also never know if you are in Africa, unless you fly the plane yourself.
Which in turn means you admit it is possible Australia does not exist: that it is just Africa, or America, or some such other place.

Yes, I agree. I could have spent a year in a different part of the world and would never have known. Your move.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »
Yes, I agree. I could have spent a year in a different part of the world and would never have known. Your move.

Why my move? You've just conceded eveyrthing I was saying.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 01:49:05 PM »

Why my move? You've just conceded eveyrthing I was saying.

I have conceded nothing. All you have done is prove the flat earther belief strategy is logically valid. Well done.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:50:57 PM by legion »
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »
I have conceded nothing. All you have done is prove the flat earther belief strategy is logically valid. Well done.
You've conceded that Australia may not exist. If that's logically valid to you, consider a rethink.
And if you're really following the FEer method, you shouldn't be concerned with 'may', you should be saying it doesn't exist. That's how you talk about other issues (eg: space travel).

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2015, 02:17:27 PM »
You've conceded that Australia may not exist. If that's logically valid to you, consider a rethink.
And if you're really following the FEer method, you shouldn't be concerned with 'may', you should be saying it doesn't exist. That's how you talk about other issues (eg: space travel).

Tut tut. You are either stupid or dishonest. What I wrote was:

"Yes, I agree. I could have spent a year in a different part of the world and would never have known."

Is that conceding that "Australia may not exist"?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »
Why don't you get to the point of your lame thread? You wrote:

Your assertion about my claim was incorrect. However, if I had not been to Australia, and believed it not to exist, explain how I would need a "rethink"?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »
"Yes, I agree. I could have spent a year in a different part of the world and would never have known."

Does sound like it, unless you're instead saying Australia does exist, but for some unfathomable reason people don't go to it, but rather go to some random other location.

Why don't you get to the point of your lame thread?
I have. The logic you rely on to justify FET does not work when applied to any other situation.

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2015, 02:33:24 PM »
As Australia doesn't exist, can we have the Ashes back please?
What goes up, must come down.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2015, 02:52:35 PM »

Does sound like it, unless you're instead saying Australia does exist, but for some unfathomable reason people don't go to it, but rather go to some random other location.

Why don't you get to the point of your lame thread?
I have. The logic you rely on to justify FET does not work when applied to any other situation.

I know you are trying to be intelligent, but, I'm not observing any intelligence in your premises (or conclusions).

Why would anyone who has not been to Australia be convinced that country exists? That seems to be your hidden purpose to this thread. Stop ****ing around and explain why that is unreasonable.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »
I know you are trying to be intelligent, but, I'm not observing any intelligence in your premises (or conclusions).
No, there isn't any. I'm following FEer logic.

Why would anyone who has not been to Australia be convinced that country exists? That seems to be your hidden purpose to this thread. Stop ****ing around and explain why that is unreasonable.
Personally I'd say there are other reasons to know something beyond personal experience. But if you're willing to conclude Australia might not exist, that makes my point just fine.