18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Does Australia Exist?

• 473 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Does Australia Exist?
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:32:59 PM »
Have you, personally, been to Australia? Have you seen it?
If not, then you must agree there is no direct evidence for its existence, unless you take the word of others. But why would you trust them? Such organizations as NASA claim to have been to Australia, do you trust them?
There are flights supposedly going to Australia, but they are instead going to an outpost in the Mojave Desert. After all, Australia is supposedly mostly desert: quite a coincidence it looks a lot like areas in the US where few people travel, isn't it?

We have established there is no reliable evidence for Australia. It has not been personally verified, and those who claim to live there are either shills or don't understand that they are in the Mojave Desert.
There is also motive: money that would be sent to the country is instead added to the Conspiracy's coffers.

To make it clear that this is a topic for FE debate, I will defend this perspective with FE tactics, and I will point out how this would benefit FET: if the Southern Hemisphere/plane did not have the land in it is commonly thought to, many issues (relating to the Coriolis Effect and flight times) would quickly vanish. Removal of Australia is the first step.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Why-Am-I-Here?

• Massive ice wall? where?
Re: Does Australia Exist?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
If not, then you must agree there is no direct evidence for its existence, unless you take the word of others. But why would you trust them? Such organizations as NASA claim to have been to Australia, do you trust them?
There are flights supposedly going to Australia, but they are instead going to an outpost in the Mojave Desert. After all, Australia is supposedly mostly desert: quite a coincidence it looks a lot like areas in the US where few people travel, isn't it?

We have established there is no reliable evidence for Australia. It has not been personally verified, and those who claim to live there are either shills or don't understand that they are in the Mojave Desert.
There is also motive: money that would be sent to the country is instead added to the Conspiracy's coffers.

To make it clear that this is a topic for FE debate, I will defend this perspective with FE tactics, and I will point out how this would benefit FET: if the Southern Hemisphere/plane did not have the land in it is commonly thought to, many issues (relating to the Coriolis Effect and flight times) would quickly vanish. Removal of Australia is the first step.

I've been there... Simple as that.
One day this argument will cease. Probably about two days after four horses of the apocalypse charge in and declare judgement day with fairies on their backs.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 02:37:01 PM »

Prove it.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »
Most Australian live in few coastal cities, most of the continent being uninhabited outback. So it wouldn't be that difficult to carry off this plot.

Warm climate, green around the coat, arid inland. Could be coast of Africa.

Interesting theory.
What goes up, must come down.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 03:14:46 PM »

These types of thread are retarded.

1. I have spent a year in Australia, so I know it exists.
2. My cousin, Bob, has never been to Australia.
3. Bob has never personally verified that Australia exists.
4. Therefore, Bob cannot be sure that Australia exists.

This thread is retarded because there are enough people who can personally verify in Australia's existence. But, not it's location on the earth.

Do you understand the difference?

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »
Just to make this clear to anyone who hasn't caught on (*cough* legion *cough*), BiJane doesn't actually believe that Austrailia doesn't exist and the pount she is trying to make is that flat earther debate tactics can be used to defend literally any crazy stupid idea.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 03:19:25 PM »
These types of threads illustrate problems with FEer logic.

This thread is retarded because there are enough people who can personally verify in Australia's existence. But, not it's location on the earth.
One: define 'enough people'. Two: if Australia is indeed in the Mojave desert, or the coast of Africa (its location on Earth, which you admit cannot be personally verified), surely that is tantamount to saying it doesn't exist? At the very least, it doesn't exist as generally believed.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
These types of threads illustrate problems with FEer logic.

One: define 'enough people'. Two: if Australia is indeed in the Mojave desert, or the coast of Africa (its location on Earth, which you admit cannot be personally verified), surely that is tantamount to saying it doesn't exist? At the very least, it doesn't exist as generally believed.

My point is (and I'll go slow for you two):

1. Australia can be proven to exist, empirically.
2. Australia's location on the planet cannot be proven empirically.

In the future, try and form your posts in a logical format, as above.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »
Just to make this clear to anyone who hasn't caught on (*cough* legion *cough*), BiJane doesn't actually believe that Austrailia doesn't exist and the pount she is trying to make is that flat earther debate tactics can be used to defend literally any crazy stupid idea.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »

1. Just because something is called Australia does not mean it matches the definition of Australia.
2. If Sydney is an outpost in the Mojave Desert, it is not Australia.
3. It cannot be proven to exist empirically unless you are to just take a stranger at their word. If I told you I'd been to Atlantis, would you believe me?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »

1. Just because something is called Australia does not mean it matches the definition of Australia.
2. If Sydney is an outpost in the Mojave Desert, it is not Australia.
3. It cannot be proven to exist empirically unless you are to just take a stranger at their word. If I told you I'd been to Atlantis, would you believe me?

For the third time: I have been to Australia. Your pointless argument (if that's what it is) has been disproven by personal experience.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
For the third time: I have been to Australia. Your pointless argument (if that's what it is) has been disproven by personal experience.

Also for the third time, just because you have been to somewhere that was called Australia does not mean it was Australia.

In addition, would you believe me if I said I'd been to Atlantis? Why should I trust the word of some random stranger on the internet?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »

Also for the third time, just because you have been to somewhere that was called Australia does not mean it was Australia.

In addition, would you believe me if I said I'd been to Atlantis? Why should I trust the word of some random stranger on the internet?

You shouldn't. Once again:

You can go there, but you won't know whether the earth is flat or round, when you get there. You will also never know if you are in Africa, unless you fly the plane yourself.

Like I have been saying: retarded argument.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »
You shouldn't. Once again:

You can go there, but you won't know whether the earth is flat or round, when you get there. You will also never know if you are in Africa, unless you fly the plane yourself.
Which in turn means you admit it is possible Australia does not exist: that it is just Africa, or America, or some such other place.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »
Like I have been saying: retarded argument.

BiJane doesn't actually believe this, she is just trying to prove that you could support any stupid theory with flat earther logic.  By calling the argument retarded you helped prove her point that flat earther logic is retarded.

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 04:14:08 PM »
Let's talk about Greenland instead of Australia, since it's unlikely that Legion has been to Greenland.  I believe Greenland exists -- in the North Atlantic Ocean --  because numerous information sources that I trust say it exists, and I trust that those sources are based on first-hand accounts.  And I believe this even though I have never been to Greenland.  Legion, do you believe that Greenland exists, and if so, why?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Mikey T.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 04:28:25 PM »
Either way, I have never been to either.  Are you going to buy me a plane ticket to these magical places?  I didn't think so.  They do not exist.  The people who supposedly live there do not know they are not where they are told they are.
I cannot take your word for it, you are probably just part of the conspiracy to hide the money these "countries" have in their massive bank accounts.  It is just another way they are deceiving you.
Can you prove to me that they exist?
Even if you did get me on a plane there, can you prove that I was really there?

I have no reason to believe that you are telling the truth about going to Australia.  So you must be a liar.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 05:18:55 PM »
Most Australian live in few coastal cities, most of the continent being uninhabited outback. So it wouldn't be that difficult to carry off this plot.

Warm climate, green around the coat, arid inland. Could be coast of Africa.

Interesting theory.
It would be. except it is bollocks.
You can catch a plane from Perth (West coast of Aus.) to Johannesburg (roughly East coast of Africa) while keeping on going West.
And there are many differences between Australia and Africa in terms of flora, fauna and geology.
Plus, I have personally travelled around the coast of Australia. Didn't see the Suez canal.

And why would anyone fake Australia? And have you personally been to Africa? How do you know it exists?
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 05:52:07 PM »
Pretty sure Madagascar isn't real. NASA acknowledged it in a photo from orbit, and NASA is satan, therefore it is part of the conspiracy and does not exist. Wait...

?

BJ1234

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
Pretty sure Madagascar isn't real. NASA acknowledged it in a photo from orbit, and NASA is satan, therefore it is part of the conspiracy and does not exist. Wait...
Total bollocks!!!!  If Madagascar wasn't real, I couldn't have watched it last night with my boy. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »
I live in Australia, and I'm pretty sure it's just my imagination.   On the other hand I've been to Europe and the USA a few times,  they aren't real either..   Just the other day I overheard someone say "Hey man this is unreal!"  so I guess he knew something. 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Why-Am-I-Here?

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 12:28:25 AM »

Prove it.
How? How does one go about proving it? What evidence constitues 'evidence'?
One day this argument will cease. Probably about two days after four horses of the apocalypse charge in and declare judgement day with fairies on their backs.

When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 01:52:09 AM »
It would be. except it is bollocks.
You can catch a plane from Perth (West coast of Aus.) to Johannesburg (roughly East coast of Africa) while keeping on going West.
And there are many differences between Australia and Africa in terms of flora, fauna and geology.
Plus, I have personally travelled around the coast of Australia. Didn't see the Suez canal.
So we should take you at your word, person-on-the-internet?
Plant life can vary at different points within a continent.

And why would anyone fake Australia? And have you personally been to Africa? How do you know it exists?
A motive was given in the first post: monetary gain. The net income of the country in fact goes to the conspiracy.
This thread is about Australia, not Africa. If you would like to deny the existence of Africa, start your own thread.

Evidence must come from a reliable source: word of mouth from people being paid to keep their mouths shut is not a reliable source.
Would you believe me if I said I'd been to Atlantis? No? That's because one person saying they've been somewhere is not evidence for its existence: they could be lying or, as proposed, it could be faked.

?

Art

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 03:07:02 AM »
Hi :)

I live in, and am in the Mojave Desert right now :)

Well that’s tough. My initial thought is our native animals, I could go photograph them,
and they would not be present in the Mojave Desert.
A little less complicated though is our Sunrise/Sunset/Moonrise/Moonset and other constellation times would correlate
to my geographic location whether you thought the Earth was flat or round.
If you thought I was lying I could Skype and show video feeds outside.

RET:0 - FET:0

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 03:25:43 AM »
Well that’s tough. My initial thought is our native animals, I could go photograph them,
and they would not be present in the Mojave Desert.
Why? There are many examples of animals present only in limited areas of a region: for example, zoos. It is also possible many of the native Australian animals are themselves faked. Like cassowaries. There's no way those things are real.

A little less complicated though is our Sunrise/Sunset/Moonrise/Moonset and other constellation times would correlate
to my geographic location whether you thought the Earth was flat or round.
Light can bend. Also, that is not necessarily reliable, unless you have some gauge of what time it is elsewhere, and where the Sun is: and such things could easily be made misleading.

If you thought I was lying I could Skype and show video feeds outside.
Videos can be faked.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 03:34:30 AM »
Is BiJane taking the piss? Or has she taken Papa Legba's medication by accident?
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

?

Why-Am-I-Here?

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 03:37:08 AM »

Evidence must come from a reliable source: word of mouth from people being paid to keep their mouths shut is not a reliable source.
Would you believe me if I said I'd been to Atlantis? No? That's because one person saying they've been somewhere is not evidence for its existence: they could be lying or, as proposed, it could be faked.
[/quote]
Then what constitutes a reliable source. We could spend all day listing unreliable sources but what is one that's reliable. Just one.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 03:51:57 AM »
Then what constitutes a reliable source. We could spend all day listing unreliable sources but what is one that's reliable. Just one.
You tell me. You're claiming there are reliable sources.
A good start would be one who doesn't have anything to gain from lying about the existence of Australia.

Is BiJane taking the piss? Or has she taken Papa Legba's medication by accident?

I'm illustrating how utterly reliable the arguments and logic used by FEers are. What makes you think I'm not completely serious?

?

Why-Am-I-Here?

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2015, 04:08:40 AM »
You tell me. You're claiming there are reliable sources.
A good start would be one who doesn't have anything to gain from lying about the existence of Australia.

I could list an almost infinite line of sources, to prove something the majority will take for granted. If you can't list a reliable source for yourself, I'm not going to start. If you want this argument resolved, that's your prerogative, since we have the upper hand and the "unreliable" evidence.
I have nothing to gain from lying about Australia's existence. I just have pictures of myself as a small child with koalas and kangaroos. Reliable source. deal with it.