Poll

Do you believe in conspiracy?

The true nature of the world is being hidden from us by a conspiracy manipulated by a global elite.
1 (9.1%)
The true nature of the world is learnt through scientific experimentation,  no conspiracy.
7 (63.6%)
It's not a conspiracy, but the earth is still flat.  Space travel is all lies.
0 (0%)
I don't know what to believe anymore it's all too confusing.
0 (0%)
The true nature of the earth is hidden from us by a conspiracy ( of some kind )
1 (9.1%)
I think the earth is flat and anyone who says otherwise is a NASA troll
0 (0%)
Regardless of any other conspiracies,  man has never walked on the moon.
0 (0%)
Orbital Frame Jehuty ( inlcudes Anubis and Horus )
1 (9.1%)
I believe in conspiracy but nothing specific.
1 (9.1%)
I agree with Alive and Kicking
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

It's a Conspiracy Isn't it?

• 36 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
It's a Conspiracy Isn't it?
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:08:00 AM »
We routinely launch satellites, we have a space station in orbit,  we have sent man to the moon.  Sorry there is no conspiracy to hide anything, except that which exists in the minds of a vanishingly small but interesting minority of paranoid delusional people.   

Do you believe me?   

What other options should be included in such a poll?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:39:29 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: It's a Conspiracy Isn't it?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
For extra options, a lot of people seem to believe in different degrees of a conspiracy. Some people have lizard people/satanists/Obamas secretly running the world, others just have companies ot wanting to admit they're wrong, and some have no Flat Earth conspiracy, just a space travel conspiracy.
Several FEers may not believe in a global elite, but are still paranoid enough to think there's some kind of conspiracy.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion,  I've broadened the options to include non-specific conspiracy voting choices.

Remember vote early vote often. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 08:05:47 PM »
bump

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 02:21:17 AM »
bump

In preparation for a lunar voyage, Armstrong trained himself to recognise stars and constellations while flying jets at high altitude with the interior lights off.     At the psychotic press briefing he said he saw no stars on the moon or between the earth and the moon.  He repeated this a few times in interviews.   At least one other astronaut has said that armstrong did not know what he was talking about when he said he saw no stars since stars are ten times brighter outside of the earths atmosphere.   Something is not right.   How can you not see a brilliantly lit universe from the dark side of the moon??

So you need an option that says some conspiracies might be true while still enabling people to address the specific issue you are focusing upon
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:24:18 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 03:45:37 AM »
bump

In preparation for a lunar voyage, Armstrong trained himself to recognise stars and constellations while flying jets at high altitude with the interior lights off.     At the psychotic press briefing he said he saw no stars on the moon or between the earth and the moon.  He repeated this a few times in interviews.   At least one other astronaut has said that armstrong did not know what he was talking about when he said he saw no stars since stars are ten times brighter outside of the earths atmosphere.   Something is not right.   How can you not see a brilliantly lit universe from the dark side of the moon??

So you need an option that says some conspiracies might be true while still enabling people to address the specific issue you are focusing upon

Good point,  Ok,  I've added an option just for the moon landing conspiracy believers.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 03:59:19 AM »

Orbital Frame Jehuty should always, ALWAYS be an option in any forum poll regardless of what the poll is actually about.
It's a long-standing tradition dating back to the twelfth century, and any form of evidence to the contrary and/or insinuations that internet forums weren't around back then will be wholly ignored on the grounds that Jehuty is frickin' awesome and that Marty McFly told me so.
You am no real Super Sand!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 04:18:59 AM »

Orbital Frame Jehuty should always, ALWAYS be an option in any forum poll regardless of what the poll is actually about.
It's a long-standing tradition dating back to the twelfth century, and any form of evidence to the contrary and/or insinuations that internet forums weren't around back then will be wholly ignored on the grounds that Jehuty is frickin' awesome and that Marty McFly told me so.

I like Marty McFly,   I'll throw in Horus and Anubis for free.  :)

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 04:30:37 AM »

I like Marty McFly,   I'll throw in Horus and Anubis for free.  :)

Rayzor, you are my favorite.   :)

I wish GenjutsuCrow were here. He's one of the few people who could truly appreciate this moment.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:33:54 AM by Illidreth »
You am no real Super Sand!

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 06:26:40 AM »
bump

Good point,  Ok,  I've added an option just for the moon landing conspiracy believers.

That was not my point at all.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 08:15:37 AM »
bump

That was not my point at all.

Ok,  I missed it,  what was your point?

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 09:08:33 AM »
If you are going to make it this hard i suspect we will be at this for the rest of time

If you cant be bothered to work it out then so be it

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »
If you are going to make it this hard i suspect we will be at this for the rest of time

If you cant be bothered to work it out then so be it

Ok  I've added a non specific conspiracy option just for you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »
We routinely launch satellites, we have a space station in orbit,  we have sent man to the moon.  Sorry there is no conspiracy to hide anything, except that which exists in the minds of a vanishingly small but interesting minority of paranoid delusional people.   

Do you believe me?   

I don't think you need a poll. Your mind is already well and truly made up in how you think of things.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 09:55:02 AM »

Do you believe me?   

I don't think you need a poll. Your mind is already well and truly made up in how you think of things.

Maybe so, but how is that relevant to what you or anyone else believes.   You are free to have your own beliefs.

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 10:42:16 AM »

Do you believe me?   

Maybe so, but how is that relevant to what you or anyone else believes.   You are free to have your own beliefs.

But apparently we are not allowed to have a poll option that suits our conscience even though you invited options.   

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »

Do you believe me?   

But apparently we are not allowed to have a poll option that suits our conscience even though you invited options.
Fixed

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 10:52:58 AM »

Do you believe me?   

Fixed

Ok dipshit why do you have world in lower case?   Is your post about the world known as the Earth of something else?   Is your post something to do with a round earth flat earth debate or something else?   

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 10:59:02 AM »
I believe in a conspiracy but I don't believe that science and space travel are fake and they have nothing to do with it.  I don't believe in most conspiracy theories but I believe there is definitely something fishy going on.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:05:25 AM by mikeman7918 »
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
I believe in a conspiracy but I don't believe that science and space travel are real and have nothing to do with it.  I don't believe in most conspiracy theories but I believe there is definitely something fishy going on.

Do you mind explaining what you mean please?  did you intend it to be written like that? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 11:04:53 AM »
I believe in a conspiracy but I don't believe that science and space travel are real and have nothing to do with it.  I don't believe in most conspiracy theories but I believe there is definitely something fishy going on.

Do you mind explaining what you mean please?  did you intend it to be written like that

Sorry, that was a typo.  I meant that I don't believe that science and space travel are fake.  I fixed that in my original post, thanks for pointing that out.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 11:14:12 AM »

Do you believe me?   

Fixed

Ok dipshit why do you have world in lower case?   Is your post about the world known as the Earth of something else?   Is your post something to do with a round earth flat earth debate or something else?   
Not in this instance,   it's not being used as a proper noun,  but someone with your keen eye and steel trap mind would already know this.

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »

Do you believe me?   

Fixed

Not in this instance,   it's not being used as a proper noun,  but someone with your keen eye and steel trap mind would already know this.

Come on cut the crap please.  Is your poll only about the flat earth debate or what??

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
Come on cut the crap please.  Is your poll only about the flat earth debate or what??

No, you just aren't paying attention are you.   The question is :-  Do you believe in conspiracy?

Some think the earth is flat,  some believe in a dual earth system, some believe in a concave earth, some believe in spherical earth,  some believe in spherical earth but don't believe the Apollo missions were real,  some believe that you are an idiot.   I don't think you are, but you are beginning to be annoying.

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 11:36:36 AM »

No, you just aren't paying attention are you.   The question is :-  Do you believe in conspiracy?

Some think the earth is flat,  some believe in a dual earth system, some believe in a concave earth, some believe in spherical earth,  some believe in spherical earth but don't believe the Apollo missions were real,  some believe that you are an idiot.   I don't think you are, but you are beginning to be annoying.

So when Jones Mann and co were caught conspiring to pervert the scientific record and kept their jobs you see no conspiracy and anybody who does is an idiot?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »

So when Jones Mann and co were caught conspiring to pervert the scientific record and kept their jobs you see no conspiracy and anybody who does is an idiot?

What do you believe?   My global warming skeptic/ climate change denier radar just started flashing.   

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »

What do you believe?   My global warming skeptic/ climate change denier radar just started flashing.

The typical abusive denier bullshit line destined for anybody who dares point out the crap going on in the name of science

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »

The typical abusive denier bullshit line destined for anybody who dares point out the crap going on in the name of science

So do you think all scientists are part of this conspiracy?

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »

So do you think all scientists are part of this conspiracy?

I see so when I report a handful of people are found conspiring to pervert science some process happens in your brain to lead you to accuse me of being a total fucking idiot denier?

Seeing is believing.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 12:02:32 PM »

I see so when I report a handful of people are found conspiring to pervert science some process happens in your brain to lead you to accuse me of being a total fucking idiot denier?

Seeing is believing.

That tells me a lot more about you than I suspect you might realize.     Perhaps we can continue this discussion at a later date.   

Don't forget to vote.