Infinite Earth?

• 84 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: Infinite earth
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 04:30:01 AM »
I already explained that the earth is fixed at the bottom of the universe. That's why it's not affected by gravity in the same way as bodies in space.
I'm not talking about the Earth as a whole, I'm talking about what's on it. I can jump, we can lift up dirt: there's plenty that isn't fixed down, yet it's still barely affected by the gravity of the stars that has such a tremendous effect on the Sun.

The distances I gave are the ones I have been taught. Maybe they were a lie as well.
You were also taught the Erath's round: you're rejecting that.
I would suggest you look up Eratosthenes. He calculated the curvature of the Earth by assuming that the Sun was a long distance away, and found shadows varied in length depending on location. You can verify that yourself if you want: just the existence of time zones implies it (which I have personally experienced, and you probably have as well). The only way to explain the varying sizes is either to have the Sun a long way away, and a curved Earth (which you reject), or a Sun far closer to a flat surface. In each case, the angle light hits the objects at will be different.
So, unless you're now saying the Earth is round, you need the Sun to be very close. This is just an observation, if you continue to reject RET. However, it does make your gravity untenable, due to what we would observe if the Sun was being pulled down, or if the stars exerted enough gravity to counter that pull.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
Re: Infinite Earth?
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »
Okay, okay, it doesn't bloody work.

I think I'll stay as Itchy Arris though. It's more fun being a flattie.

You can't be a flattie if you admit you're wrong. It's just not done.
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2015, 07:49:48 AM »
Someone hacked my account  ;D.
What goes up, must come down.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:17 AM »

Tell them to be more entertaining. The last account-hack we had on this forum was much more fun.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »
Itchy, why do you believe that a round Earth is illogical?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2015, 12:20:32 PM »
Itchy, why do you believe that a round Earth is illogical?

Everywhere you go it looks like a flat plain, with the sky above. That works.

A round earth with the sky at the side and Australians walking around upside down? Come on, can't you see that the brainwashers have made you believe the impossible?

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2015, 12:26:04 PM »

Tell them to be more entertaining. The last account-hack we had on this forum was much more fun.

Well it wasn't exactly hacked, but my friend who is priest well he isnt really a priest he just calls himself that lol he used my computer and posted here.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2015, 05:45:04 PM »

And that's exactly what you would expect on a round Earth.  On a flat earth you would expect to see distant continents when you are at the beach but that doesn't happen.

A round earth with the sky at the side and Australians walking around upside down? Come on, can't you see that the brainwashers have made you believe the impossible?

"down" in Australia is nit the same direction as "down" everywhere else on Earth.  Up and down are simply relative directions that are defined by the direction things fall, up and down are simply ideas invented by our minds to make sense of the world and they do not exist outside of our minds.

Has anyone ever told you that there is no up or down in space?  That's because being in space generally involves free falling which causes you to be weightless relative to your ship and when that's happening there is no way to tell the difference between the ceiling, the floor, and the walls without visual cues.

You haven't even mentioned why upside down gravity would be impossible.  If you have ever been on a roller coaster with a loopty loop you would know that when you go on the loop at high speeds you don't feel like you are upside down because the centrifugal force is more then powerful enough to counteract gravity meaning that if you were to drop something in the roller coaster at the top of the loop while you are upside down then that object would appear to fall towards the sky from your frame of reference.  My point is that if upside down "gravity" is possible in a roller coaster then why do you think it's so logical for gravity to be upside down in Australia?

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »

And that's exactly what you would expect on a round Earth.  On a flat earth you would expect to see distant continents when you are at the beach but that doesn't happen.

"down" in Australia is not the same direction as "down" everywhere else on Earth. 
Brilliant logic there roundie. Is Australia magic then?

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2015, 11:53:04 AM »
lol you have to be trolling. There's no way you can't be trolling. It's too much.
all the mountains are fake even mount sinai mountains are not natural and the himilayas dont exist while maybe they do but Ive never seen them. probably they are photoshop

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
lol you have to be trolling. There's no way you can't be trolling. It's too much.

Really? Let me put it this way. According to round earth belief, New Zealand is approximately the antipole of where I am now. Round earth theory says those Kiwis are opposite me walking around upside down, and they don't even notice!!!  A flat earth says New Zealand is on the same plane, just a long way away. Which is more believable?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »

"down" in Australia is not the same direction as "down" everywhere else on Earth. 

An upside down map is just as acurite as an upside right one.  I could just turn a globe upside down and then America and everything else on the northern hemisphere is on the bottom of the world.  There is no magic involved, things falling in a specific direction at a specific acceleration is not an intrinsic property of matter, what is an intrinsic property of matter though is that mass attracts mass which is also known as gravity.  We are attracted to the Earth because it has a lot of mass, and because every action has an equal and opisite reaction the Earth is attracted to you too.  You and the Eartg exart equal forces in each other but that doesn't effect the Earth much because it has a lot of mass.

Before you bring this up, ants are in fact attacted to mountains but they are attracted to the Earth more.  There is actually less gravity on mountains because you are firther from the Earth and there is less gravity on the equator because the Earth spins.  These effects can be measured with bathroom scales, so you can't deny that they exist.  Gravity also changes a bit based off of the density of the ground beneath you and that is one way ores are detected.  Gravity has even been measured between two small masses in laboratories many times and such experiments are repeated in schools sometimes as well.

Southern stars also prove the Earth is round, Sigma Octantus can only be seen in the Southern Hemisphere and unless you are standing on the South Pole it's always south of the observer, and the Polaris does the same thing exept it's to the north.  That along with the constant angular distance between stars can only be explained on a round Earth.

If you are truly open minded then you would consider what I have just said instead of ignoring it like every other flat earther.  It's OK to be wrong, but it's not OK to stay wrong.  If you have a bias then don't expect to be finding truth any time soon because any correct theory doesn't require a bias to believe.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »

Really? Let me put it this way. According to round earth belief, New Zealand is approximately the antipole of where I am now. Round earth theory says those Kiwis are opposite me walking around upside down, and they don't even notice!!!  A flat earth says New Zealand is on the same plane, just a long way away. Which is more believable?

Why would they notice?  They are 8,000 miles beneath your feet.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »

An upside down map is just as acurite as an upside right one.  I could just turn a globe upside down and then America and everything else on the northern hemisphere is on the bottom of the world.  There is no magic involved, things falling in a specific direction at a specific acceleration is not an intrinsic property of matter, what is an intrinsic property of matter though is that mass attracts mass which is also known as gravity.  We are attracted to the Earth because it has a lot of mass, and because every action has an equal and opisite reaction the Earth is attracted to you too.  You and the Eartg exart equal forces in each other but that doesn't effect the Earth much because it has a lot of mass.

Before you bring this up, ants are in fact attacted to mountains but they are attracted to the Earth more.  There is actually less gravity on mountains because you are firther from the Earth and there is less gravity on the equator because the Earth spins.  These effects can be measured with bathroom scales, so you can't deny that they exist.  Gravity also changes a bit based off of the density of the ground beneath you and that is one way ores are detected.  Gravity has even been measured between two small masses in laboratories many times and such experiments are repeated in schools sometimes as well.

Southern stars also prove the Earth is round, Sigma Octantus can only be seen in the Southern Hemisphere and unless you are standing on the South Pole it's always south of the observer, and the Polaris does the same thing exept it's to the north.  That along with the constant angular distance between stars can only be explained on a round Earth.

If you are truly open minded then you would consider what I have just said instead of ignoring it like every other flat earther.  It's OK to be wrong, but it's not OK to stay wrong.  If you have a bias then don't expect to be finding truth any time soon because any correct theory doesn't require a bias to believe.

Australia has different down to everywhere else.....Ant are attracted to mountains.....

What are you on boy?  ;D

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2015, 01:26:22 PM »
Australia has different down to everywhere else.....Ant are attracted to mountains.....

What are you on boy?  ;D

It's called objectivity, you should try it some time.  WARNING: thinking objectively might endanger your flat Earth beliefs.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2015, 07:54:42 AM »

What are you on boy?  ;D

It's called objectivity, you should try it some time.  WARNING: thinking objectively might endanger your flat Earth beliefs.

There is no such thing as objectivity.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2015, 08:05:33 AM »
Up to now Infinite earth is my favorite FE Theory. It enables us to find ever new land just by walking. Are there inhabitable places beyond the huge deserts of ice? Another sun? Intelligent dinosaurs sailing over the ocean.?On an infinite earth EVERYTHING must exist somewhere, you just have to travel far enough.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2015, 09:26:51 AM »
Up to now Infinite earth is my favorite FE Theory. It enables us to find ever new land just by walking. Are there inhabitable places beyond the huge deserts of ice? Another sun? Intelligent dinosaurs sailing over the ocean.?On an infinite earth EVERYTHING must exist somewhere, you just have to travel far enough.

I think it might be so big that it's practically infinite, rather than absolutely infinite, ie it's as wide as the universe.

I find the thought that the known world is all there is quite depressing. Far better to believe there are wonderful new lands out there.

And yes, I do think species that we think are extinct might be out there. Not sure about the sailing.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2015, 10:20:06 AM »
I find the thought that the known world is all there is quite depressing. Far better to believe there are wonderful new lands out there.

Yes, and that is a realistic foundation for any theory about the world.

Also, death is impossible, everyone who supposedly dies in fact goes to Disneyland Florida, wars aren't real, and the final series of Warehouse 13 never happened.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2015, 10:30:41 AM »

Also, death is impossible, everyone who supposedly dies in fact goes to Disneyland Florida, wars aren't real, and the final series of Warehouse 13 never happened.

Ah, but it's more believable than what most people on earth, and a lot on this forum, believe. You know, supernatural magic eternal beings sending their "son" to the earth via a virgin birth. Walking on water. Resurrection. Etc etc.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2015, 10:39:59 AM »

Ah, but it's more believable than what most people on earth, and a lot on this forum, believe. You know, supernatural magic eternal beings sending their "son" to the earth via a virgin birth. Walking on water. Resurrection. Etc etc.

And yet you act like you are all knowing and that you have the ability to magically detect truth.  I can't believe I have to tell you this, but you are a human being who makes mistakes and you can be wrong just like every other human on this very round planet.

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »

You're confusing science with religion. A round earth is far more believable than a flat one.

Not believing in a round earth because the idea of people walking "upside down" on the other side is bewildering to you is not a valid reason to dismiss it.
all the mountains are fake even mount sinai mountains are not natural and the himilayas dont exist while maybe they do but Ive never seen them. probably they are photoshop

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »
A round earth is only more believable because it has been drilled into you. If you can clear your mind of all you've been taught, then make up your own mind with the evidence provided by your own senses, you will come to the conclusion that the earth is just the ground beneath the sky.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2015, 12:30:02 PM »
A round earth is only more believable because it has been drilled into you. If you can clear your mind of all you've been taught, then make up your own mind with the evidence provided by your own senses, you will come to the conclusion that the earth is just the ground beneath the sky.

And if you study anything (such as meteorology) you'll find out that the only explanation for what we observe is a round Earth.
Or, are you saying only direct, personal experience is the way to know something? In which case, I would like to conclude Australia does not exist.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »

Look at your computer, if you wanted to know how it works you could just say it's magic and make up some rediculous explenation or you could study it and see that it works by using electrical transistors to to calculations.  Saying that it's magic is definitely a simpler answer, but it's not the right one.

My point is that a simple explenation is not nesesarily the right one.