It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #690 on: May 21, 2015, 04:50:43 AM »
So now some maths involving 'pool balls' will somehow prove that rockets work in vacuum...

Nice try with yet another FALSE ANALOGY but can we stick to REALITY, please?

I know it's painful for you, but give it a go; you may even find it liberating...

This was demonstrating the princes of conservation of momentum which are required in explaining how rockets work in a vacuum. You'll notice I gave an example of an explosion and a collision.

I've come to the conclusion, that there is a certain minimum threshold level of knowledge, that's required in order to assimilate and acquire additional knowledge,   some people fall below that minimum level, and there is no amount of explanation that will allow them to move beyond that primitive level of understanding. 

To think that there are people alive in this century that think rockets don't work in a vacuum, beggars belief.

Explaining conservation of momentum to such people is a bit like trying to teach monkeys to play scrabble.  They can't keep score and they argue all the time about spelling and semantics.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:53:22 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #691 on: May 21, 2015, 05:20:18 AM »
i don't know why you people harp on about conservation of momentum as if it means anything in your space vacuum. It means nothing. It doesn't exist in your vacuum and cannot exist in it, no matter what.

You people use this crap because you can't explain how a rocket works. You lot literally cannot expalin what's happening in a rocket for it to do what you say it does, except to say that fuel expands in a combustion chamber and you think this answers the question.

I think it's pretty scary to think that supposed scientifically mided people on here can't grasp this rocket bullshit. Maybe some can and won't admit it; but most are as naive as hell and can't see past their own noses, not to mention they are devoid of logic and common sense to go with a lack of humour.

?

guv

« Reply #692 on: May 21, 2015, 05:31:54 AM »
i don't know why you people harp on about conservation of momentum as if it means anything in your space vacuum. It means nothing. It doesn't exist in your vacuum and cannot exist in it, no matter what.

You people use this crap because you can't explain how a rocket works. You lot literally cannot expalin what's happening in a rocket for it to do what you say it does, except to say that fuel expands in a combustion chamber and you think this answers the question.

I think it's pretty scary to think that supposed scientifically mided people on here can't grasp this rocket bullshit. Maybe some can and won't admit it; but most are as naive as hell and can't see past their own noses, not to mention they are devoid of logic and common sense to go with a lack of humour.

Same old crap septic. You can't or won't under real basic shit so it don't happen. Sorry but you are full of it, get your tank pumped.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #693 on: May 21, 2015, 05:32:10 AM »

I don't know where to even begin,  you are so far off track,   maybe some basic physics lessons?   Action and reaction,  conservation of momentum,  these are fundamental concepts, that should be self evident. 
Maybe you have some kind of emotional investment in ignorance, that you can't let go of.

See if this helps  https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/linear-momentum/momentum-tutorial/v/momentum-ice-skater-throws-a-ball

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #694 on: May 21, 2015, 05:41:15 AM »

Same old crap septic. You can't or won't under real basic shit so it don't happen. Sorry but you are full of it, get your tank pumped.
I've told you people time and time again to stay out of dealing with me. You're not worthy of my time. You're a bunch of naive retarded idiots that can't grasp basic stuff and have to live in a world of made up nonsnse.

Pm your bum chums you prick and talk with them.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #695 on: May 21, 2015, 05:42:28 AM »

I don't know where to even begin,  you are so far off track,   maybe some basic physics lessons?   Action and reaction,  conservation of momentum,  these are fundamental concepts, that should be self evident. 
Maybe you have some kind of emotional investment in ignorance, that you can't let go of.

See if this helps  https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/linear-momentum/momentum-tutorial/v/momentum-ice-skater-throws-a-ball
Ice skaters don't operate rockets and rockets don't use ice skates. Stop bringing nonsense into the debate you clown.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #696 on: May 21, 2015, 05:53:28 AM »
Ice skaters don't operate rockets and rockets don't use ice skates. Stop bringing nonsense into the debate you clown.

I didn't think you would understand it,  but it was worth a try. 

Sadly, there's nothing more basic I could find,  so,  your time in the physics class has expired.   You can now go back to blowing bubbles and gurgling happily in your ignorance.  If you can find some crayons there's a good coloring book I can recommend.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #697 on: May 21, 2015, 05:59:48 AM »

I didn't think you would understand it,  but it was worth a try. 

Sadly, there's nothing more basic I could find,  so,  your time in the physics class has expired.   You can now go back to blowing bubbles and gurgling happily in your ignorance.  If you can find some crayons there's a good coloring book I can recommend.
You stay backward you dipstick. You'll never grasp anything because you simply don't want to. Your tongue is firmly planted into the science world's aris and you are in awe of lying spotty faced tefal headed front men.

Ice skates for the rocket dupe is for the likes of you to jizz your pants over you thick bastard.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #698 on: May 21, 2015, 06:06:10 AM »
You stay backward you dipstick. You'll never grasp anything because you simply don't want to. Your tongue is firmly planted into the science world's aris and you are in awe of lying spotty faced tefal headed front men.

Ice skates for the rocket dupe is for the likes of you to jizz your pants over you thick bastard.

Now you are projecting your weird fantasies,  don't be insulted,  but  I'd prefer not to know about your bedroom preferences.   

Just because a concept is beyond your grasp, doesn't mean that there aren't others who can understand and apply those concepts.   

Just out of curiousity,  what is your educational background?   Did you finish high school?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #699 on: May 21, 2015, 06:14:32 AM »

Now you are projecting your weird fantasies,  don't be insulted,  but  I'd prefer not to know about your bedroom preferences.   

Just because a concept is beyond your grasp, doesn't mean that there aren't others who can understand and apply those concepts.   

Just out of curiousity,  what is your educational background?   Did you finish high school?
One day you might learn the reality of the TV rockets your subscribe to like a faithful puppy.
Trying to play games as to who has what in an educational background is a bit silly because what you have learned, is tarnished with a lot of bullcrap.

I suggest you gain some logical sense and actually have a look at your fantasy rockets that you believe float about in space.
Once you see the reality, you will have no choice but to question your whole so called education.

I'm here to educate ignorant people like you. You can't accept the help because of your arrogance and adherence to the mass opinion that the high up "so called" science world has convinced to accept as the truth.

It's a sad world when pople can't grasp simple things and have to hide behind a bunch of equations and bullshit that masks reality.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #700 on: May 21, 2015, 06:23:50 AM »

One day you might learn the reality of the TV rockets your subscribe to like a faithful puppy.
Trying to play games as to who has what in an educational background is a bit silly because what you have learned, is tarnished with a lot of bullcrap.

I suggest you gain some logical sense and actually have a look at your fantasy rockets that you believe float about in space.
Once you see the reality, you will have no choice but to question your whole so called education.

I'm here to educate ignorant people like you. You can't accept the help because of your arrogance and adherence to the mass opinion that the high up "so called" science world has convinced to accept as the truth.

It's a sad world when pople can't grasp simple things and have to hide behind a bunch of equations and bullshit that masks reality.

You can stop arguing your case,  I've already  given up on trying to explain concepts that you clearly aren't  able to understand,   what I'm now curious about is how you got to the state of mind where you claim to possess knowledge that no-one else understands and defies the laws of physics.   That's why I asked what your educational background was,  I take it that you didn't do any science classes at high school level?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #701 on: May 21, 2015, 06:24:34 AM »
As I said they need to understand conservation of momentum first before trying to explain rocket equation.
The rocket equation is the correct application of the conservation of momentum when the mass of the rocket is constantly changing.  If you want to use the simple explanation, then use Newton's cradle.

Scepti, we've explained how rockets work lots of times and in lots of different ways.  Just because you refuse to understand doesn't mean that we haven't explained. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #702 on: May 21, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »
As I said they need to understand conservation of momentum first before trying to explain rocket equation.
The rocket equation is the correct application of the conservation of momentum when the mass of the rocket is constantly changing.  If you want to use the simple explanation, then use Newton's cradle.

Scepti, we've explained how rockets work lots of times and in lots of different ways.  Just because you refuse to understand doesn't mean that we haven't explained.
And I and a few other's have explained how rockets really work and yet you refuse to understand it. You lose in the long run because you are hinging your knowledge of rocketry on fantasy.

Believing they work in how you have been told by the text books is nonsense that you may find out about in time. It all depends on whether you have the sense to use your own logic.

Anyway, stick to your lies and I'll stick to the truth.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #703 on: May 21, 2015, 06:49:25 AM »
And I and a few other's have explained how rockets really work and yet you refuse to understand it. You lose in the long run because you are hinging your knowledge of rocketry on fantasy.

Believing they work in how you have been told by the text books is nonsense that you may find out about in time. It all depends on whether you have the sense to use your own logic.

So,  how did you arrive at this understanding of how rockets really work?     

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #704 on: May 21, 2015, 07:04:53 AM »

By understanding how atmospheric pressure is what keeps everything working on Earth, including rockets and the lack of atmospheric pressure renders everything useless, such as rockets and jet planes and high climbing humans, nullified.

Simple logic and common sense and the ability to actually seea different picture to the one you have been forced to see, will actually allow you to see if you want to.

Start by bringing up a rocket diagram and study it, then ask yourself about the combustion chamber expansion and all the rest of the bullshit that supposedly kicks a mammoth so called apace rocket into space, as you are told.

The main issue is, it really does require a person to WAKE up and see logic amid the fantasy given out and also shown in movies that are purported to be live launches.

Just spend 10 seconds studying the forward strut on the shuttle that supposedly keeps it stuck to the tank by one pop up bolt and ask yourself the question of who's the gullible one's.

Of course, If you come back and see no problem with it, then don't bother telling me. Just forget I exist and carry on with your bullshit spreading, because it will show me immediately what you are.

Over to you. Use logic and common sense or follow the sheep. OR...sit sniggering at how you think you're duping people into believing in fantasy space crap.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #705 on: May 21, 2015, 07:11:19 AM »

By understanding how atmospheric pressure is what keeps everything working on Earth, including rockets and the lack of atmospheric pressure renders everything useless, such as rockets and jet planes and high climbing humans, nullified.

Simple logic and common sense and the ability to actually seea different picture to the one you have been forced to see, will actually allow you to see if you want to.

Start by bringing up a rocket diagram and study it, then ask yourself about the combustion chamber expansion and all the rest of the bullshit that supposedly kicks a mammoth so called apace rocket into space, as you are told.

The main issue is, it really does require a person to WAKE up and see logic amid the fantasy given out and also shown in movies that are purported to be live launches.

Just spend 10 seconds studying the forward strut on the shuttle that supposedly keeps it stuck to the tank by one pop up bolt and ask yourself the question of who's the gullible one's.

Of course, If you come back and see no problem with it, then don't bother telling me. Just forget I exist and carry on with your bullshit spreading, because it will show me immediately what you are.

Over to you. Use logic and common sense or follow the sheep. OR...sit sniggering at how you think you're duping people into believing in fantasy space crap.

My intention is to understand  why you hold those views, not to argue.     How does lack of atmospheric pressure render everything useless?   Specifically rockets.   And what was it that led you to that conclusion?

« Reply #706 on: May 21, 2015, 07:17:31 AM »
I've told you people time and time again to stay out of dealing with me. You're not worthy of my time. You're a bunch of naive retarded idiots that can't grasp basic stuff and have to live in a world of made up nonsnse.

For something not worthy of your time, you sure spend a lot of it arguing about this. How many replies have you made in the last couple hours on this topic alone? You've told "us people", time and time again, many, many things that are utter balderdash. This is just another example.

But, remembering something "worthy of your time" that you haven't bothered to reply to, have you forgotten a challenge you made in another thread?

This one:

If I ever said I had 13 academic qualifications then I would be telling lies. Did I ever say I had and if so I need you to put up or shut up and stop acting like a little screaming girl.  ;D

It's accumulated some responses, some more than a week old. Why don't you tootle over there, look them over, and answer the responses to the challenge you issued instead of replying to topics "not worthy of your time"? Surely that topic is worthy; otherwise, why did you bring it up?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #707 on: May 21, 2015, 07:28:10 AM »
I've already explained why I hold the views. Other's have explained why they do, too. It's in the explanations given for why rockets don't work in a vacuum.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #708 on: May 21, 2015, 07:30:52 AM »

For something not worthy of your time, you sure spend a lot of it arguing about this. How many replies have you made in the last couple hours on this topic alone? You've told "us people", time and time again, many, many things that are utter balderdash. This is just another example.

But, remembering something "worthy of your time" that you haven't bothered to reply to, have you forgotten a challenge you made in another thread?

This one:

If I ever said I had 13 academic qualifications then I would be telling lies. Did I ever say I had and if so I need you to put up or shut up and stop acting like a little screaming girl.  ;D

It's accumulated some responses, some more than a week old. Why don't you tootle over there, look them over, and answer the responses to the challenge you issued instead of replying to topics "not worthy of your time"? Surely that topic is worthy; otherwise, why did you bring it up?
I asked people to put up or shut up. Nobody has put up, including you. If you think you have then link to the thread where I said I had 13 academic qualifications.
If not, then shut up and stop acting like a whining little girl.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #709 on: May 21, 2015, 07:33:57 AM »
I've already explained why I hold the views. Other's have explained why they do, too. It's in the explanations given for why rockets don't work in a vacuum.

The explanation I've read is that rockets need something to push against, and that in the vacuum of space there is nothing to push against.     

What I don't understand,  is why rockets need something to push against?      If I could show you that  a rocket doesn't need anything to push against would that alter your point of view?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #710 on: May 21, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »

The explanation I've read is that rockets need something to push against, and that in the vacuum of space there is nothing to push against.     

What I don't understand,  is why rockets need something to push against?      If I could show you that  a rocket doesn't need anything to push against would that alter your point of view?
I'll tell you what I'll do for you. If you can show me that rockets do not use atmosphere and you can prove they can work in a vacuum of your space by any means possible, I'll not only believe in sp[ace rockets, I'll also change my stance to believing everthing about Earth and what not, being a spinning ball, plus planets and sun and stars and moon and whatever else, to be what you believe them to be.

You think this will be easy?
Let me just explain something. For everything you hit me with, I'm going to hit you back with my version. If you call me arrogant for going against you, then I will call you the same.
It's up to you to find the best way to stump me to prove your theory.

If you come at me with silly equations, you lose. I want explanations not calculations and especally not silly space equations.

Over to you.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #711 on: May 21, 2015, 08:16:05 AM »

I'll tell you what I'll do for you. If you can show me that rockets do not use atmosphere and you can prove they can work in a vacuum of your space by any means possible, I'll not only believe in sp[ace rockets, I'll also change my stance to believing everthing about Earth and what not, being a spinning ball, plus planets and sun and stars and moon and whatever else, to be what you believe them to be.

You think this will be easy?
Let me just explain something. For everything you hit me with, I'm going to hit you back with my version. If you call me arrogant for going against you, then I will call you the same.
It's up to you to find the best way to stump me to prove your theory.

If you come at me with silly equations, you lose. I want explanations not calculations and especally not silly space equations.

Over to you.

I specifically said I didn't want to argue, because you seem to be very fixed in your opinion,    and very likely you'll not agree with anything I could say.   The point I was trying to establish is, what exactly is the basis of your understanding of why rockets don't work in space.

We've established that the central issue is the view that there is nothing for the rocket to push against.    The laws of physics say that you don't need anything to push against.

If you disagree with the following, then just briefly say why and we leave it at that,   we don't need to drag this out into a protracted argument that ultimately ends in insults.

Imagine  a cube shaped sealed metal box floating in the vacuum of space  1m x 1m x 1m  and we have pressurized the box with air to 10 kg per square meter   
The area of  each of the sides of the cube is 1 square meter so there is  10 kg  pressing  from the inside on each side of the cube.   Now we cut a  0.1 square meter hole in the bottom of the cube,  so the bottom now has only 9kg  pressing on it,  but the top still has 10kg  so there is 1kg force difference between the top and bottom,  pushing the box upwards.   And the box moves up.  It doesn't need to push against anything.

I'll leave the equations for another day.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #712 on: May 21, 2015, 08:56:50 AM »
I specifically said I didn't want to argue, because you seem to be very fixed in your opinion,    and very likely you'll not agree with anything I could say.   The point I was trying to establish is, what exactly is the basis of your understanding of why rockets don't work in space.
Free expansion is why they can't work in space. Free expansion is why they couldn't get too far up into the atmosphere, never mind what you believe space to be.
We've established that the central issue is the view that there is nothing for the rocket to push against.    The laws of physics say that you don't need anything to push against.
If you disagree with the following, then just briefly say why and we leave it at that,   we don't need to drag this out into a protracted argument that ultimately ends in insults.
The laws of physics aren't laws when dealing with this. It's the laws of lies or guesswork.
The fact that a person can't envisage himself being in a vacuum and unable to distinguish it from being at sea level doing his stuff; it's bound to sway a person towards the bogus physics laws.

If you do not have any resistive force to your energy, then you simply do not move, whether that's a person or a rocket.
Here's an experiment for you to try.
Tie a strong box from a rafter and you and a friend get inside of it and shut the lid.
Let's call the box the inside of your rocket chamber and you and your friend are the fuel mix.
You are sat above your friend. He can smell your arse and the crease of your ball sack through your khaki shorts but this is irrelevant, as it's just an occupational hazard.
Ok so you tell him to push down onto the bottom of the box.
He does this and realises that to break it he has to lever off of your arse whilst you have to lever your shoulders and head against the top of the box lid.
Let's assume that your box lid is solid and won't break.

Now your friend manages to break through his lid due to him squashing you. All you are doing is being jammed against your lid until he breaks his lid and falls out under the pressure he and you used as force.
He shoots out and hits the deck. Where are you?
You don't hit the ceiling do you? you drop out behind him like a limp dick because you both expended your energy pushing each otehr to break his lid and now you are left in the box for a sec after your friend smashes his face off the floor. Then you follow like a newly hatched chick falling from a nest onto your mate.

Imagine  a cube shaped sealed metal box floating in the vacuum of space  1m x 1m x 1m  and we have pressurized the box with air to 10 kg per square meter   
The area of  each of the sides of the cube is 1 square meter so there is  10 kg  pressing  from the inside on each side of the cube.   Now we cut a  0.1 square meter hole in the bottom of the cube,  so the bottom now has only 9kg  pressing on it,  but the top still has 10kg  so there is 1kg force difference between the top and bottom,  pushing the box upwards.   And the box moves up.  It doesn't need to push against anything.

I'll leave the equations for another day.
You lost your force when you cut the cube open. You lost it to free expansion.
Try and make things easier for yourself or you will get frustrated.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #713 on: May 21, 2015, 09:04:09 AM »
As I said,  I'm not interested in the argument,  you've shown that logic is not a factor.   I  was more interested in why you believe these things,  and now I've got a pretty good idea.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #714 on: May 21, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
As I said,  I'm not interested in the argument,  you've shown that logic is not a factor.   I  was more interested in why you believe these things,  and now I've got a pretty good idea.
I can understand why you believe the lies, as well.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #715 on: May 21, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »

As a matter of interest, how old are you?

?

BJ1234

« Reply #716 on: May 21, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
I don't think you understand what free expansion is scepti.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #717 on: May 21, 2015, 09:32:06 AM »

As a matter of interest, how old are you?
Old enough to realise I've been duped for a lot of my life. That should give you a clue. How old are you?
If you are a young kid then it's only natural you will be naive with this stuff.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #718 on: May 21, 2015, 09:34:20 AM »
Well, a typical bell end like you would naturally say that when you have no clue what it means yourself.
I don't think many of your sort do because if you did, you would not be arguing about rockets in space.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #719 on: May 21, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
Well, a typical bell end like you would naturally say that when you have no clue what it means yourself.
I don't think many of your sort do because if you did, you would not be arguing about rockets in space.
Typical response from someone who is being paid to spread lies.