It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

legion

• You are in my VR
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #570 on: May 15, 2015, 02:08:26 PM »
We have all met his online persona. So pipe down.

So second-hand, word-of-mouth information is reliable?

No. Direct experience. Let's make your comment bold:

second-hand, word-of-mouth information is reliable?

Now might be a good time to explain your reasoning for your absurd comment.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #571 on: May 15, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »

You're saying that experience of an online persona (so: text you're given with no indication as to accuracy) is direct experience of the source of that persona. You're the one being absurd, but I'm pretty sure you know that.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
Legion: are you feeling the comedy gold yet?

It can become addictive; take care....
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #573 on: May 15, 2015, 02:34:32 PM »
Have you ever personally met Markjo?
If not, you have no direct, unambiguous evidence for what they're like.
Your opinion on the topic is worthless.

You're saying that experience of an online persona (so: text you're given with no indication as to accuracy) is direct experience of the source of that persona. You're the one being absurd, but I'm pretty sure you know that.

Erm, no I'm not. Find where I said that. I clearly stated that we have direct experience of the persona. I make no assumptions about the source of the persona. You have conveniently sidestepped (ignored) my suggestion that you explain this absurd comment:

So second-hand, word-of-mouth information is reliable?

Nothing I read on here is "second hand" and I fail to see what is taken as "word-of-mouth". Maybe you can explain, or maybe you're trolling?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
Erm, no I'm not. Find where I said that. I clearly stated that we have direct experience of the persona. I make no assumptions about the source of the persona.
In that case your addition was irrelevant to the conversation, so I'm not sure why you were adding it. Papa was clearly making assumptions about what the source of the persona.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #575 on: May 15, 2015, 02:39:44 PM »
Erm, no I'm not. Find where I said that. I clearly stated that we have direct experience of the persona. I make no assumptions about the source of the persona.
In that case your addition was irrelevant to the conversation, so I'm not sure why you were adding it. Papa was clearly making assumptions about what the source of the persona.

Once again, what do you mean by "second-hand and word-of-mouth information is reliable" in relation to members on here? Have you finally lost the plot? It seems that way to me. Excessive trolling has that effect.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #576 on: May 15, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
Legion: are you feeling the comedy gold yet?

It can become addictive; take care....

Not really mate. I feel (a tiny bit) sorry for these clowns. Since you joined they are really struggling to hold it together. I'm starting to miss geoffrey. At least he had conviction of his beliefs. These lot remind me of call centre workers.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
Once again, what do you mean by "second-hand and word-of-mouth information is reliable" in relation to members on here? Have you finally lost the plot? It seems that way to me. Excessive trolling has that effect.
You're getting all your information from what you're told, by a persona, with no personal investigatio as to accuracy, as to what the originator of the persona is like. Not literally 'word of mouth' perhaps, but certainly second hand.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »
You're getting all your information from what you're told, by a persona, with no personal investigatio as to accuracy, as to what the originator of the persona is like. Not literally 'word of mouth' perhaps, but certainly second hand.

But do I believe that information? Do I accept it as truth? I'll leave that with you to decide...

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #579 on: May 15, 2015, 02:48:33 PM »
But do I believe that information? Do I accept it as truth? I'll leave that with you to decide...
Doesn't really matter what you think, the point wasn't directed at you. And given Papa is making claims based on that information, he either believes it or is trolling. I mean, it's obviously the latter, but still.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #580 on: May 15, 2015, 02:51:26 PM »
Well, Legion, I guess me & b.j. kinda had a thing going on... Like so much in life, though, it was just down to timing.

But now she's alone I pity her; she'll end up like markjo, merely playing games in the dark with her toy-soldiers..

& she could've done better, damn it!

But, as I always say; LOL!

& FAIL!

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #581 on: May 15, 2015, 03:02:42 PM »
Well, Legion, I guess me & b.j. kinda had a thing going on... Like so much in life, though, it was just down to timing.

But now she's alone I pity her; she'll end up like markjo, merely playing games in the dark with her toy-soldiers..

& she could've done better, damn it!

But, as I always say; LOL!

& FAIL!

Yes, I saw the chemistry. You two had a good thing going there for a bit. But now you must move on with your lives, knowing that you came so close to virtual happiness. So sad!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #582 on: May 15, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »
Thank you; it's good to know that someone out there understands...

but, as my old dad said: 'never give a sucker an even break'.

Plus; LOL!

&, as night follows day: FAIL!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #583 on: May 15, 2015, 03:22:10 PM »

Plus; LOL!

I don't think any of that actually made sense.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #584 on: May 15, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »

Plus; LOL!

I don't think any of that actually made sense.

All I got out of it was that for some reason he doesn't think you are markjo, just everyone else.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #585 on: May 15, 2015, 03:38:07 PM »
All I got out of it was that for some reason he doesn't think you are markjo, just everyone else.

But I wanted to be Markjo too  :-[

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #586 on: May 15, 2015, 03:42:56 PM »
Bijane: you're too dumb to be one of markjo's socks; he's USING YOU, dimwit.

You okay with that?

Anyway, idiots; time for your operant conditioning session:

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO SPACE?

BECAUSE, IF YOU HAVE NOT, YOU HAVE NO DIRECT, UNAMBIGUOUS EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR WHAT IT'S LIKE.

THUS, YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS.

Discuss.

Sensibly, please...

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #587 on: May 15, 2015, 03:44:56 PM »
I doubt it. Barely know him.

Still going on with that?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #588 on: May 15, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
Yep; still asking if any of you space-tards actually have 1st-hand experience of the thing you're so very, very, expert in.

Relevant question; still no good answer.

As for you: STFU; Hugbox.

Nuff said.

Bye, jane.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #589 on: May 15, 2015, 04:00:43 PM »
Yep; still asking if any of you space-tards actually have 1st-hand experience of the thing you're so very, very, expert in.

Relevant question; still no good answer.

As for you: STFU; Hugbox.

Nuff said.

Bye, jane.

By your own logic you have no expertise or experience with it and therefore your opinion is worthless as well.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #590 on: May 15, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
Yup, lemmiwinks you dumb bag of spanners; I have no knowledge of, or experience of space-travel & thus my word on the subject is worthless.

NOW: what makes YOU so very different?

Come on; you're only a disposable sock; take a punt eh?

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #591 on: May 15, 2015, 04:31:49 PM »
Yup, lemmiwinks you dumb bag of spanners; I have no knowledge of, or experience of space-travel & thus my word on the subject is worthless.

Doesn't matter what my opinion is, since you have just admitted your word on the subject is worthless then anything I say is irrefutable by you. Your opinion is null and void on the subject. You muzzled yourself with your own logic.

I say I think it exists and you say it doesn't, who cares, your opinion on the subject is worthless.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #592 on: May 15, 2015, 04:56:57 PM »

You okay with that?

Anyway, idiots; time for your operant conditioning session:

BECAUSE, IF YOU HAVE NOT, YOU HAVE NO DIRECT, UNAMBIGUOUS EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR WHAT IT'S LIKE.

Discuss.

Sensibly, please...
No, I haven't been to space.
No, I claim no expertise.
Does this make you happy?

But I still reckon the earth is round because of the logicality of this model, and the inability of flat-earthers to provide any holes in this logic.

i would like to ask Papa and legion a question: What shape do you think the earth is?
You both say that you aren't flat-earthers. You also both say that round-earthers have no place on these fora.
If you are correct in both of these statements, then you are round-earthers, and therefore don't belong here.

FYI: Im on this forum because of the same reason as I read the Bible.
I don't agree with the content contained within, but the opposing point of view interests me.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #593 on: May 15, 2015, 05:34:40 PM »

Dude, you're going about this all wrong. Right know your troll-persona is a static character; same insults, same dumbass claim, same ignoring of evidence, you're being to constant, you're having too much fun with this. In order to troll successfully, you need to mix it up a bit. Throw some YEC bullshit in there, get angrier. Your bait will be more appealing that way.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #594 on: May 15, 2015, 09:18:03 PM »

I have been quietly doing a poll of interested parties, and we have come to a unanimous decision,  and that is,  that you are 100% correct.  We need someone with personal experience to tell us what space is like.

To that end you have been selected to go on the next SpaceX mission to the ISS,  since the DragonX is not yet ready for human space flight you will be travelling cargo class.   

By a (again ) unanimous vote,   we thought it appropriate to call it a science experiment.   The NASA pick up team will be calling shortly to  drug and kidnap ... prepare, you for  transportation to Vandenberg AFB.

Bon Voyage and don't forget to write. ;D

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:22:24 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #595 on: May 16, 2015, 04:44:46 AM »

i would like to ask Papa and legion a question: What shape do you think the earth is?
You both say that you aren't flat-earthers. You also both say that round-earthers have no place on these fora.
If you are correct in both of these statements, then you are round-earthers, and therefore don't belong here.

FYI: Im on this forum because of the same reason as I read the Bible.
I don't agree with the content contained within, but the opposing point of view interests me.

I can't speak for Papa Legba, but I don't see why someone needs to be either a flat earther or a round earther. It's a textbook example of the false dilemna fallacy:

A false dilemma (also called black-and-white thinking, bifurcation, denying a conjunct, the either–or fallacy, false dichotomy, fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses, the fallacy of false choice, the fallacy of the false alternative, or the fallacy of the excluded middle) is a type of informal fallacy that involves a situation in which only limited alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option. The opposite of this fallacy is argument to moderation.

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Simply put, I don't have enough information to be sure whether those are the only two options. And for the last few years I've leaned heavily towards the simulation hypothesis which makes such questions redundant.

« Reply #596 on: May 16, 2015, 05:08:14 AM »
This has to be one of the worst threads on the internet.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #597 on: May 16, 2015, 05:31:46 AM »
I can't speak for Papa Legba, but I don't see why someone needs to be either a flat earther or a round earther. It's a textbook example of the false dilemma fallacy.

One has to be either a RE'r or a FE'r in the same way that one believes in gravity, or one doesn't.  You are misinterpreting the false dilemma fallacy.

A false dilemma, or more correctly a false dichotomy, is a logical fallacy which involves presenting only two opposing viewpoints in such a way that they seem to be the only two possibilities: that is, if one is true, the other must be false;  there is no third or additional option available here.  Dichotomy means two parts.
There's something in this forum that makes you can't speak well...

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2015, 07:56:15 AM »
This has to be one of the worst threads on the internet.

Only a troll would feel the need to post that.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #599 on: May 16, 2015, 07:59:09 AM »
I can't speak for Papa Legba, but I don't see why someone needs to be either a flat earther or a round earther. It's a textbook example of the false dilemma fallacy.

One has to be either a RE'r or a FE'r in the same way that one believes in gravity, or one doesn't.  You are misinterpreting the false dilemma fallacy.

A false dilemma, or more correctly a false dichotomy, is a logical fallacy which involves presenting only two opposing viewpoints in such a way that they seem to be the only two possibilities: that is, if one is true, the other must be false;  there is no third or additional option available here.  Dichotomy means two parts.

I suggest you re-read your post to detect your blatant contradiction. I've helpfully made it bold for you.

I'm sure in the days when the earth was assumed to be flat, things still fell to the ground when dropped. Or do you challenge that?