It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #510 on: May 15, 2015, 07:53:37 AM »
Good job Papa and legion. Mikey Mike is just babbling about historians and oceanographers, and probably reconsidering his position.

It's called an analogy, not babbling, and I am not reconsidering my position.  You people never cease to amaze me with your refusal to understand concepts that 5 year olds can easily grasp.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #511 on: May 15, 2015, 08:03:29 AM »
Have any of you actually been to space yet? Because if you have not, then you have no direct, unambiguous empirical evidence for what it's like.

You must have missed the last few thousand years of human history,  perhaps you were working on your "fat girth society" diet plan.

Space has been the preoccupation of civilizations from the stone age to the present day.   You might have heard of astronomy?   Perhaps not,  so,  have you ever heard of telescopes?   Maybe you don't understand what empirical means.   You certainly don't know what  constitutes evidence.   

Here's a test for you,  go outside at night time and look up.   What do you see?   Giant turtles,  Alien spaceships? 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #512 on: May 15, 2015, 08:39:32 AM »
To: joyful Hitler-worshipping 'creative eater' & bedding-soaker Markjo; I am absolutely certain that there is nothing you crave more than that people should believe that Personal Experience is NOT the only way to gain direct, unambiguous empirical evidence for what anything is like whatsoever.

Makes your job of Policing their Thoughts a whole lot easier, don't it, Mr. 'content nazi'?

We should all just Take Your Word for Everything, shouldn't we, you Fascism-lover?

Seriously; what, precisely, is your purpose on this forum?

Why have you spammed 27,000+ arrogant, pompous & empty posts here, none of which express a single idea or concept that could not be found on Wikipedia?

This is a place devoted to alternative thinking; if we wanted wiki-spoo we could easily find it ourselves.

Yet here you are, banging on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on, for ever & ever a-bloody-men...

Why?

What on earth made you decide to make it your business to become such an irredeemable pain-in-the-butt & miserable, sneering downer in a place you are simply not welcome?

And you lot have the sheer temerity to call ME a troll?!?

YOU, 'markjo' are the Troll to end all Trolls; & I've had enough of you.

So STFU & GTFO; no-one likes you. or wants you, here any more.

Except your painfully obvious sock-puppet army, of course...

& rayzor: STFU & polish your 'telescope'. Also; learn to read.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2015, 08:49:06 AM »
BUMP!

Nice try, markjo/harry1999.

But LOL!

& FAIL!

How many socks do you have on this site ffs?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »
BUMP!
...You do know what 'bump' is used for right?
Usually on an old thread. Not one where the last comment was ten minutes ago.

Anyway, been to Cape Canaveral yet?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2015, 09:06:45 AM »
BUMP!

Nice try, markjo/harry1999.

But LOL!

& FAIL!

How many socks do you have on this site ffs?
1. markjo is awesome.
2. Double posting is discouraged.
3. Don't bump threads that are at the top of the list.......

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2015, 09:10:32 AM »
1: Lying sock-puppet LOL!!!!!
2: Don't tell me what to do.
3: Ditto.
4: There is no 4:
5: STFU & get back in your ventriloquist's dummy hugbox.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »
mikeman: Yup; legion got it right.

You are a total retard & made of Fail.

Let's hope you never have to appear as a Defendant in any court that accepts YOUR definition of what constitutes a reliable witness, as well as conclusive evidence for absolute proof...

No, actually; let's DO!

LOL!

&, as ever, FAIL!

Mike, this guy is a troll. No need to engage him.

If you smell a troll, you should realise that the stench is almost certainly from yourself. I can smell you from here.

Is a new trolling technique to try and pin "troll" on other people? I don't think you're I'm a troll legion, I'm just an idiot.

I was saying Papa is a troll, which he clearly is isn't.

Fixed you latest errors, winky. This is becoming a full time job.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
1: Lying sock-puppet LOL!!!!!
2: Don't tell me what to do.
3: Ditto.
4: There is no 4:
5: STFU & get back in your ventriloquist's dummy hugbox.
I'm absolutely not a "sock-puppet".
The Earth is flat.
I'm just annoyed with people like you who sully our name.

I am correct.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #519 on: May 15, 2015, 09:25:42 AM »
LOL!

Behave yourself, Pinnochio, your nose is growing longer...

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #520 on: May 15, 2015, 09:30:28 AM »
Well, the problem is that there's 'science' & then there's 'science-fiction' & then there's 'scientism'; & you lot can't tell the difference between them.

Which is how we're in the mess we are.

So maybe a better standard of evidence would help separate the wheat from the chaff?

Bringing me neatly to: Have any of you actually been to space yet? Because if you have not, then you have no direct, unambiguous empirical evidence for what it's like.

So STFU about it.

Bye-bye space-goons.

Again, does this mean that a doctors word on the symptoms of cancer is wrong if the doctor hasn't had cancer?

A doctor can observe the effects of cancer. He doesn't need to actually have cancer.

Is a marine biologist's word on what like is like under the sea wrong because he hasn't been to the bottom of the ocean in a submarine?

It may not be wrong but it may not be right either. Who knows if it's right or wrong?

Is a historian's word on history wrong even though they havn't traveled back in time?

It's an educated guess. Nothing more. Who knows if it's right or wrong?

If you answer no to any of these questions then what makes space different?  If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have some serious trust issues.

Who should we trust? The Nigerian wanting to transfer money into my bank account? All scientists? You tell me.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #521 on: May 15, 2015, 09:33:06 AM »
LOL!

Behave yourself, Pinnochio, your nose is growing longer...
Excuse me?

I am correct.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #522 on: May 15, 2015, 09:34:09 AM »

Let's hope you never have to appear as a Defendant in any court that accepts YOUR definition of what constitutes a reliable witness, as well as conclusive evidence for absolute proof...

No, actually; let's DO!

LOL!

&, as ever, FAIL!

If you smell a troll, you should realise that the stench is almost certainly from yourself. I can smell you from here.

Is a new trolling technique to try and pin "troll" on other people? I don't think you're I'm a troll legion, I'm just an idiot.

Wow legion. Really? This is the level you set your discourse at? Whats next? Calling me a poopy head? Should I wait for your dad come here and rough me up?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #523 on: May 15, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
I would like to remind everyone that the level of discourse on this thread was set by 'markjo' suggesting that I EAT 'FESCES'.

Just fyi...

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #524 on: May 15, 2015, 09:39:41 AM »

No, actually; let's DO!

LOL!

&, as ever, FAIL!

Wow legion. Really? This is the level you set your discourse at? Whats next? Calling me a poopy head? Should I wait for your dad come here and rough me up?

Your original post made no sense. Now it does.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #525 on: May 15, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Well, the problem is that there's 'science' & then there's 'science-fiction' & then there's 'scientism'; & you lot can't tell the difference between them.

So maybe a better standard of evidence would help separate the wheat from the chaff?

Bringing me neatly to: Have any of you actually been to space yet? Because if you have not, then you have no direct, unambiguous empirical evidence for what it's like.

So STFU about it.

Bye-bye space-goons.

Again, does this mean that a doctors word on the symptoms of cancer is wrong if the doctor hasn't had cancer?

A doctor can observe the effects of cancer. He doesn't need to actually have cancer.

Is a marine biologist's word on what like is like under the sea wrong because he hasn't been to the bottom of the ocean in a submarine?

It may not be wrong but it may not be right either. Who knows if it's right or wrong?

Is a historian's word on history wrong even though they havn't traveled back in time?

If you answer no to any of these questions then what makes space different?  If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have some serious trust issues.

Who should we trust? The Nigerian wanting to transfer money into my bank account? All scientists? You tell me.

That's exactaly my point.  I don't have to be in space to know about it, I can observe it, I can make educated guesses about it, and even though my word is not as good as the word of an astronaut it's not completely worthless.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #526 on: May 15, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
I would like to remind everyone that the level of discourse on this thread was set by 'markjo' suggesting that I EAT 'FESCES'.

Just fyi...

markjo is an ex mod and the content Nazi label is something applied by the people that run the site, as it is above the avatar and not below it. So calling him out on that over and over again is strange.

Also I could be wrong, but I would assume he spelt feces right.

And prove you don't eat feces.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #527 on: May 15, 2015, 09:49:13 AM »

So STFU about it.

Bye-bye space-goons.

That's exactaly my point.  I don't have to be in space to know about it, I can observe it, I can make educated guesses about it, and even though my word is not as good as the word of an astronaut it's not completely worthless.

What would you like to share with us then? I'll give you a fair hearing.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #528 on: May 15, 2015, 09:50:47 AM »
Oh, & Pinnochio: ever heard of 'controlled opposition'?

Cos that's what your milk-sop sock was created to be; why else would you, as a supposed flat-earther, be so pro-markjo, yet your tag be so anti-sceptimatic?

You are pathetically obvious; you are BUSTED; you are also, in-fkn-evitably, LOL! & FAIL!

Now buzz off back to your stage-prop hugbox.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #529 on: May 15, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »

Cos that's what your milk-sop sock was created to be; why else would you, as a supposed flat-earther, be so pro-markjo, yet your tag be so anti-sceptimatic?

You are pathetically obvious; you are BUSTED; you are also, in-fkn-evitably, LOL! & FAIL!

Because markjo makes sense a lot of the time and scepti is a toolshed.

Is that a good enough answer?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #530 on: May 15, 2015, 10:03:07 AM »

You didn't know the old scepti.
He's a troll.
A well known troll.
markjo has been here as long as I can remember, and though I don't agree with most of the content he posts, he is an intelligent and fun person.
Separation is the bane of organized human civilization. I like to associate myself with people of differing beliefs, because that's how you throw bias out and learn.
Of course, I enjoy arguing with round Earth enthusiasts as much as the next guy, but I do not condemn them for their (albeit misinformed) beliefs. That would just make me look silly.
Kind of how you look right now, actually.

I am correct.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #531 on: May 15, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »

He's a troll.
A well known troll.
markjo has been here as long as I can remember, and though I don't agree with most of the content he posts, he is an intelligent and fun person.
Separation is the bane of organized human civilization. I like to associate myself with people of differing beliefs, because that's how you throw bias out and learn.
Of course, I enjoy arguing with round Earth enthusiasts as much as the next guy, but I do not condemn them for their (albeit misinformed) beliefs. That would just make me look silly.

So when Sceptimatic starts a thread to discuss a particular idea, that is trolling? You have no idea what you're on about, do you?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #532 on: May 15, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »

He's a troll.
A well known troll.

So when Sceptimatic starts a thread to discuss a particular idea, that is trolling? You have no idea what you're on about, do you?
No, when he starts a thread to troll, he's trolling.
What are you "on about"?

I am correct.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #533 on: May 15, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »
Pinnochio: Just cut the crap, sock-puppet; no-one's buying your b.s.

Sceptimatic has more original thoughts every single day than you have had in your entire, misbegotten, existence; I've had enough of you & your creator bullying & belittling him, as has every other True free-thinker on this site.

So knock it off, okay?

You're now both outnumbered & out-thought; the game has changed.

I may not be a great originator, but I was in Baghdad when you were in your Dad's Bag; you'll get nothing past me, ever.

So stop trying.

It's over, puppet-masters, trolls & madmen.

Deal with it.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #534 on: May 15, 2015, 10:28:44 AM »
Oh, & 'lemmiwinks'; quite the expert on 'markjo', aren't you?

Why would that be, I wonder?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #535 on: May 15, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »
Pinnochio: Just cut the crap, sock-puppet; no-one's buying your b.s.

Sceptimatic has more original thoughts every single day than you have had in your entire, misbegotten, existence; I've had enough of you & your creator bullying & belittling him, as has every other True free-thinker on this site.

So knock it off, okay?

You're now both outnumbered & out-thought; the game has changed.

I may not be a great originator, but I was in Baghdad when you were in your Dad's Bag; you'll get nothing past me, ever.

So stop trying.

It's over, puppet-masters, trolls & madmen.

Deal with it.
Who's my "creator"?
You have been terribly misinformed on what "free thinking" is.
Who is this "both"?
You were in Baghdad? When?

Being super ambiguous and just saying "I've won and it's over" is not an argument.

I am correct.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #536 on: May 15, 2015, 10:32:17 AM »

Maybe because he's been here for more than a month.

I am correct.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #537 on: May 15, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »

Maybe because he's been here for more than a month.

No no, apparently in his mind it involves sock puppets for whatever reason.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #538 on: May 15, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »
What would you like to share with us then? I'll give you a fair hearing.

I think I need to start a new thread for this.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #539 on: May 15, 2015, 10:53:44 AM »
LOL!

Too slick, idiot; remember to at least TRY to imitate 'real' stuff i.e. posting at the same time, stumbling over each other's words, having misunderstandings, etc...

Your nerp-derp procession fools no-one.

Like I said; any net-savvy person here will instantly see what's what.

Now, carry on... With all your progress, personal space-travel can't be far away!