It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #390 on: May 10, 2015, 09:50:31 PM »
The proposition: 'IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO SPACE, THEN YOU CANNOT SAY WITH ANY CERTAINTY WHAT IT IS LIKE & THEREFORE YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS ULTIMATELY WORTHLESS' is not an example of 'fallacious reasoning'; it is a statement of the bleeding obvious.

One that the space-Cultists here have a very hard time accepting, it seems...

Further; I do not accept that I have been making you 'look bad as a group'; I have been making the fools among you look even more foolish & the humourless among you look even more humourless.

Everybody else has been having a good old laugh.

I remind you that I was not the first to use crude language or base insults on this thread; I have merely given as good as I received, simply done in a more inventive & eloquent manner.

The space-Cultists sowed the wind; they cannot then complain when they reap the whirlwind.

As for my using semantic trickery, again, this was a weapon first used against my simple proposition by the Cultists; yet, again, they complain when I turn it round, sharpen it & use it against them.

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

Not once have I called the mods, even when ganged up on, abused & told to eat 'fesces' by mobs of obvious sock-puppets; yet the Cultists appear to call the mods on my every post.

'Appeal to authority' much?

Attempted censorship much?

So: ban me if you wish; it matters not to me, for I have already won this 'debate'. The depths which the Cultists have had to plumb in order to try & stifle my voice is as damning a testimony as I could wish for.

Because, of course, the undeniable Truth is that not a single one of them has actually been to space.

& their word on the subject has no more validity than that of a new-born child.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #391 on: May 10, 2015, 10:59:12 PM »
I have already won this 'debate'.
You aren't debating.  If you were, you would make a constructive reply to questions posed of you.  You are pontificating.  No one wins in pontification.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #392 on: May 10, 2015, 11:58:01 PM »
The proposition: 'IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO SPACE, THEN YOU CANNOT SAY WITH ANY CERTAINTY WHAT IT IS LIKE & THEREFORE YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS ULTIMATELY WORTHLESS' is not an example of 'fallacious reasoning'; it is a statement of the bleeding obvious.

Not true in any respect,   Just because you don't accept that space is real, doesn't mean anyone else has to buy into your narrow view of reality.   

Ok,  you may now resume your ranting and somewhat obscene fixation with excrement. 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2015, 04:42:45 AM »

Further; I do not accept that I have been making you 'look bad as a group'; I have been making the fools among you look even more foolish & the humourless among you look even more humourless.

Trust me, you have been.
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2015, 05:22:59 AM »
And yet you refuse to explain why one can not learn about the conditions in space from other sources.  Why is that?

And one that you have a very hard time defending, it seems.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2015, 06:19:06 AM »
If I watch a football match, am I allowed an opinion on the performance of the teams? Or do you have to actually play in the game to have an opinion?
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

ausGeoff

« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2015, 06:49:02 AM »

I remind you that I was not the first to use crude language or base insults on this thread; I have merely given as good as I received, simply done in a more inventive & eloquent manner.

The space-Cultists sowed the wind; they cannot then complain when they reap the whirlwind.

As for my using semantic trickery, again, this was a weapon first used against my simple proposition by the Cultists; yet, again, they complain when I turn it round, sharpen it & use it against them.

Not once have I called the mods, even when ganged up on, abused & told to eat 'fesces' by mobs of obvious sock-puppets; yet the Cultists appear to call the mods on my every post.

So: ban me if you wish; it matters not to me, for I have already won this 'debate'. The depths which the Cultists have had to plumb in order to try & stifle my voice is as damning a testimony as I could wish for.

Because, of course, the undeniable Truth is that not a single one of them has actually been to space.

Oh dear.  This lunatic is worse than JRoweSkeptic, iWitness, legion, and sceptimatic all rolled into one entity.  And to think I was banned for a simple comment in the Q&A forum with NO PM warning LOL.

I'm amazed my favourite nemesis jroa hasn't yet banned this guy.    ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2015, 06:54:05 AM »

Oh dear.  This lunatic is worse than JRoweSkeptic, iWitness, legion, and sceptimatic all rolled into one entity.  And to think I was banned for a simple comment in the Q&A forum with NO PM warning LOL.

I'm amazed my favourite nemesis jroa hasn't yet banned this guy.    ;D
If they start banning people like Papa, then this site isn't worth a toss, is it, leaving dipshit's like you still here.  ;D

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2015, 07:04:38 AM »
If they start banning people like Papa, then this site isn't worth a toss, is it, leaving dipshit's like you still here.  ;D
Perhaps if people like Papa were to behave in a civil manner, then there wouldn't need to be any talk of banning people like him.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2015, 07:07:16 AM »
If they start banning people like Papa, then this site isn't worth a toss, is it, leaving dipshit's like you still here.

LOL... I see one can still rely on poor old sceptimatic to insert an off-topic personal insult into a thread whenever it's necessary.  The guy still can't come up with any half-articulate responses that address the OP.  And I was sure when I was last here that he'd been permanently banned?  Sadly that's apparently not the case.

And I see that sceptimatic is still defending all the whack-jobs that've sprung up on these forums like mushrooms in Spring.  Birds of a feather etc?     ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2015, 07:26:59 AM »
If they start banning people like Papa, then this site isn't worth a toss, is it, leaving dipshit's like you still here.

LOL... I see one can still rely on poor old sceptimatic to insert an off-topic personal insult into a thread whenever it's necessary.  The guy still can't come up with any half-articulate responses that address the OP.  And I was sure when I was last here that he'd been permanently banned?  Sadly that's apparently not the case.

And I see that sceptimatic is still defending all the whack-jobs that've sprung up on these forums like mushrooms in Spring.  Birds of a feather etc?     ;D
You're welcome to this site Geoffrey. You win. Your shillery as well as your mates are allowed. Your constant screaming from bans have been allowed.
I'll be posting the odd thing from time to time and to be honest, I think most alternative thinkers are fed up of this site now due to shit like you being allowed to infest it.

It's such a shame. Think yourself lucky I'm not a mod on here because your posts would be constantly toyed with and my bias towards people like you would be full on.  ;D

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2015, 10:16:44 AM »
Hello ausGeoff LOL. (who also LOL. posts using the LOL. sock-puppet ZennerOne LOL. So that ban you keep LOL. whinging about was real effective wasn't it? LOL.).

Care to tell us LOL. if YOU have been to space? LOL.

This should be LOL.

LOL.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »
Hello ausGeoff LOL. (who also LOL. posts using the LOL. sock-puppet ZennerOne LOL. So that ban you keep LOL. whinging about was real effective wasn't it? LOL.).

Care to tell us LOL. if YOU have been to space? LOL.

This should be LOL.

LOL.

You just managed to be more obnoxious than Geoff. Well done, that takes some doing.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2015, 12:03:10 PM »
LOL.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2015, 01:15:16 PM »
Oh great. geoffrey is back. Amused to hear you got banned. Not amused to discover it was only temporarily.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »
Yeah, Legion; that's a good point.

On second thoughts, ausGeoff - DON'T tell us if you've been to space or not.

Nobody cares.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2015, 03:55:35 PM »
Yeah, Legion; that's a good point.

On second thoughts, ausGeoff - DON'T tell us if you've been to space or not.

Nobody cares.
He might have been to space, and therefore has unambiguous, empirical evidence for what it is like.
And you just shushed him.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2015, 09:53:01 PM »
I know; shame on me LOL.

Yet, still, I do not want to hear anything he has to say on any subject whatsoever LOL.

Just the way he adds inappropriate & oddly-punctuated LOL.s to nigh-on every damn sentence he spams is reason enough LOL.

But if he wants to try his luck then I doubt a 'shush' from me will stop him LOL.

Cos nothing else does LOL.

LOL.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #408 on: May 12, 2015, 08:53:41 AM »
HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO CHINA?

IF NOT YOU HAVE NO DIRECT, UNAMBIGUOUS EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR WHAT IT'S LIKE.

& YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS.

You THINK it isn't; but it IS.

Or, Janes which I also like

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO NASA?

IF NOT YOU HAVE NO DIRECT, UNAMBIGUOUS EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR WHAT IT'S LIKE.

& YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS.

You THINK it isn't; but it IS.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

ausGeoff

« Reply #409 on: May 12, 2015, 09:13:24 AM »
I know; shame on me LOL.

Yet, still, I do not want to hear anything he has to say on any subject whatsoever LOL.

Just the way he adds inappropriate & oddly-punctuated LOL.s to nigh-on every damn sentence he spams is reason enough LOL.

But if he wants to try his luck then I doubt a 'shush' from me will stop him LOL.

LOL.

I'd be more than happy if you added me to your IGNORE listing like sceptimatic claimed to do, but strangely kept responding to my comments nonetheless.  Presumably you'll do the same?  Like moths to the flame... hmm; pure poetry.

BTW, I normally don't respond to people whose IQ matches room temperature, but in your case I'll make an exception to hopefully suggest some relief for my comments that've obviously struck a raw nerve with you.  But I'm guessing you won't be able to resist making at least one more comment after you read this.  Or will you prove me wrong?  I'm betting not.  LOL.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
I know; shame on me LOL.

LOL.

I'd be more than happy if you added me to your IGNORE listing like sceptimatic claimed to do, but strangely kept responding to my comments nonetheless.  Presumably you'll do the same?  Like moths to the flame... hmm; pure poetry.

BTW, I normally don't respond to people whose IQ matches room temperature, but in your case I'll make an exception to hopefully suggest some relief for my comments that've obviously struck a raw nerve with you.  But I'm guessing you won't be able to resist making at least one more comment after you read this.  Or will you prove me wrong?  I'm betting not.  LOL.
Have you ever been to space?

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #411 on: May 12, 2015, 09:36:28 AM »
I know; shame on me LOL.

LOL.

Have you ever been to Djibouti?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:34 AM »
I'd be more than happy if you added me to your IGNORE listing like sceptimatic claimed to do, but strangely kept responding to my comments nonetheless.

Do you actually know how the ignore system works? Seriously?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2015, 12:13:08 PM »
I would like to return to bijane's allegedly clever & relevant comment re: 'have I been to NASA?'.

Bijane; as previously stated, NASA is an ORGANISATION, not a PLACE.

It is a DECENTRALISED BUREAUCRATIC ENTITY; how, exactly, am I supposed to visit such a thing?

If you had said 'have you been to NASA's facilities in Cape Kennedy?' I may have been able to provide you with an answer; but, as the question is phrased, you ask the impossible.

The nearest thing I can imagine to visiting NASA as a whole is to peruse their website; this I have done.

And I consider their website to be a dusty, ramshackle repository of blah, LOL & fail, without any merit whatsoever...

So; in a strange, roundabout, illogical yet typically comically-gold fashion you are at least partially correct b.j - my opinion of NASA is: 'WORTHLESS!'

ausGeoff: WTF???

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »
NASA actually plans to overhaul their website and make it better.  Even they agree that it needs updated.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2015, 12:38:13 PM »
Mikeman.nasa.gov: NASA plans a lot of things; then thinks 'Nah; screw them geeks!' & spends your tax-money on hookers, blow & cheesy s.f.x.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2015, 12:46:39 PM »
Mikeman.nasa.gov: NASA plans a lot of things; then thinks 'Nah; screw them geeks!' & spends your tax-money on hookers, blow & cheesy s.f.x.

Actually, I just noticed that NASA has already overhauled it's website.  Just look at it, it's a lot better now: http://www.nasa.gov/
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #417 on: May 12, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »
Actually guys, they already have.

nasa.gov

Its designed like its an app for an ipad, I can't say I enjoy it much. but whatevs.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2015, 12:54:14 PM »
WOW IAM AMAZED & GHANGED MY OPINIONN ABOUT SPACE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN YHERECOS  NASA NEW WEBSITTE SO SHINY & IPAD FRENDLY SHAME ON ME BAD PAPOA LEGBA BADD OMG OMG OPMG NASA!!!!!!!!!

lol.

« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2015, 01:01:25 PM »
I know; shame on me LOL.

LOL.

Papa himself is now pretending this line of argument was a joke all along. That's one way to try to get out of it.

Alpha2Omega; The internet would be nothing without people who pontificate on subjects they know nothing about.

After all, I just got a 20+ lulz-filled pages thread out of precisely that.

& I thank you for your valuable contributions to it.

Now get back to pontificating on the internet about people who pontificate on the internet about subjects they know nothing about.

& I'll do the same.

But with jokes.

The guy's a riot!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan