It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2015, 06:51:49 AM »
To: Rama Set.

You also say you are the forum daddy; how many times must I disbelieve you?

To: Bijane.

Australia is not space.

To: All space cadets.

Space is not a graveyard; I think you'll find the fatalities you mention all occurred either on the way up to, or return from, space.

Lovely, floaty, suspiciously Heaven-like space!

But enough of that; has anyone here been to space yet?

Anyone have first-hand experience of, or evidence for, space travel?

You know; the kind of thing that you'd need if you were, say, a witness in a trial & didn't want your testimony to be thrown out as being hearsay?

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2015, 07:17:54 AM »

It seems the whole thing is a Branson toy to impress boys and girls believing in human space travel.
Why shouldn't a quick ballistic trip to 100km high be possible?  What technical reasons can you think of that should make such a venture impossible?

Thanks for asking. It seems a future trip is as follows:
The Branson fully loaded 9 tons space craft SS2 is carried by another plane to altitude 15 000 m, where it is dropped off and glides horizontally at say 100 m/s. The rocket engine is started and burns for 70 seconds. During that short time course is manually changed from horizontal to vertical. After 70 seconds at altitude say 55 000 m and speed say 1100 m/s (acceleration 1.7 g) the engine cuts out (no more fuel) and the SS2, mass now 5 tons - you have burnt 4 tons of solid fuel - continues upwards at reduced speed to an altitude say 100 000 m or more (you are in space!!!) where speed becomes zero. And then SS2 drops down again free fall. MaybeSS2 drops with aft end first - nobody knows, the pilots cannot steer it - and after a while SS2 enters thicker air at increased velocity - soon 1100 m/s - where SS2 will start to spin or rotate around itself and all aboard gets airsick or is killed. I doubt the pilots can handle it. It is suggested there are some braking system that can stop a mass of 5 tons at 1100 m/s, but if it works is not known. I doubt it. That's why I think it is not possible to visit space without getting killed.
According Branson SS2 will start to glide as a sail plane, when entering the atmosphere again, but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:45:03 AM by Heiwa »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2015, 07:26:53 AM »
As I have already stated, the point of my question is that if none of you have been to space then you have no direct evidence of anything that supposedly happens up there.
And if you have never been to Australia/any location in the world, you have no direct evidence of what happens there. Should you then conclude it is impossible to reach?

But enough of that; stick to the point: have any of you been to space yet?
Have you been to Australia yet?

I live in Australia, does that count?   Also I've seen a few space cadets over the years.  :)
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2015, 07:35:19 AM »
To: Bijane, Rayzor & all other confused space-cadets.

I'll say it again, but slower this time to help you understand;

Australia.

Is.

Not.

Space.

Okay?

Now; have any of you been to space yet?

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2015, 07:45:19 AM »

i was in space (small affair for a robot). But I didn't look down, so I cannot tell what shape the earth was.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2015, 07:49:58 AM »

It seems the whole thing is a Branson toy to impress boys and girls believing in human space travel.
Why shouldn't a quick ballistic trip to 100km high be possible?  What technical reasons can you think of that should make such a venture impossible?

The Branson fully loaded 9 tons space craft SS2 is carried by another plane to altitude 15 000 m, where it is dropped off and glides horizontally at say 100 m/s. The rocket engine is started and burns for 70 seconds. During that short time course is manually changed from horizontal to vertical. After 70 seconds at altitude say 55 000 m and speed say 1100 m/s (acceleration 1.7 g) the engine cuts out (no more fuel) and the SS2, mass now 5 tons - you have burnt 4 tons of solid fuel - continues upwards at reduced speed to an altitude say 100 000 m or more (you are in space!!!) where speed becomes zero. And then SS2 drops down again free fall. MaybeSS2 drops with aft end first - nobody knows, the pilots cannot steer it - and after a while SS2 enters thicker air at increased velocity - soon 1100 m/s - where SS2 will start to spin or rotate around itself and all aboard gets airsick or is killed. I doubt the pilots can handle it. It is suggested there are some braking system that can stop a mass of 5 tons at 1100 m/s, but if it works is not known. I doubt it. That's why I think it is not possible to visit space without getting killed.
According Branson SS2 will start to glide as a sail plane, when entering the atmosphere again, but I doubt it.

The essence of what you said is, "I doubt it, so it is not possible."  That makes no sense.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2015, 08:01:05 AM »

Australia.

Is.

Not.

Space.
Irrelevant.  Why is the location of a place you have not been to relevant in its existence or nonexistence?  Why would people who say they have been to Australia more believable than those who say they have been to space?
Other than your own incredulity right?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »

Australia.

Is.

Not.

Space.

Okay?

I beg to differ,  in Australia we have plenty of space, in fact some parts are nothing but space.   

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:28:07 AM by Rayzor »

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »
Could you all stop whining & please learn to read?

We can read just fine, and several have answered your question; what we're complaining about is that you have problems understanding answers to an irrelevant question you keep repeating.

As I have already stated, the point of my question is that if none of you have been to space then you have no direct evidence of anything that supposedly happens up there.

You're also slow to grasp that it's not necessary to personally experience something to know a lot about it, so your "point" is moot. Fortunately, most people are not Zetacists and realize it's possible to learn things from others.

And you can stop lying too; there are no dead bodies bobbing around in lovely, floaty space.

Has anyone claimed there are?

The astronauts in nasa's ISS & Moon adverts all seem happy.

Adverts? And, so what if they're happy? They're in an environment few get to experience.

& only special, worthy people get to go there.

What do you think that sending dullards and losers into space would accomplish? If you haven't noticed, it's expensive and complicated to do that, so why not spend the money on people who can do worthwhile things?

Why should anyone else answer? You ignore the responses you don't want to see.

Keep on lying & diverting if you wish; as I said before, it only makes you look even more foolish.

Dream away, space-cadets!

Australia.

Is.

Not.

Space.

Okay?

Yes, we know. You never answered the question, just more bob'n'weave. Have you been to Australia?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
To: Wall-E.

Yes, cartoon characters are permitted to go to space it seems.

Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Woody Woodpecker & many more have all been.

Yet nobody from this forum has gone.

Though they've given ample evidence that they're quite prepared to lie about it.

So, I (& any neutral readers out there) must conclude that none of their opinions on the subject are in the least bit reliable, accurate or worthwhile.

To: all other space-spammers.

I'm truly sorry that you are unable to tell the difference between Australia (& the ability of the average person to travel there) & outer space.

I just don't know how to help you here.

Look, it's friday; sit back, relax, get a beer, & we'll come back to this later, ok?

Cos you're just making fools of yourselves again & it's becoming a habit.

Have a good weekend, space-dreamers!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2015, 08:37:23 AM »
Have a good weekend, space-dreamers!

Aveagoodweegend too.   I'll buy you a beer if you are ever down under,     and just for future reference I'm almost positive that  Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Woody Woodpecker and others are actually members on this forum. 
If it wasn't them it was someone equally funny.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2015, 08:48:21 AM »
I'm truly sorry that you are unable to tell the difference between Australia (& the ability of the average person to travel there) & outer space.

That's not the point, the point is that you have never been to Australia and you have never been to soace so if you just use the fact that you have never been to space as evidence that space doesn't exist then under that logic Austrailia doesn't exist because you havn't been there.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2015, 09:01:02 AM »
Could you all stop whining & please learn to read?

And you can stop lying too; there are no dead bodies bobbing around in lovely, floaty space.

The astronauts in nasa's ISS & Moon adverts all seem happy.

& only special, worthy people get to go there.

Keep on lying & diverting if you wish; as I said before, it only makes you look even more foolish.

Dream away, space-cadets!
You are a very unfunny troll.

Get some new material.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:06 AM »
To: Jimmythecrab.

I am not a troll, Mr. Crab, though my funniness or otherwise is a matter of opinion over which I have no control.

Anyhow, welcome to the 'debate'; have YOU been to space?

It's a simple 'yes/no' answer, but judging by the other cranks on here you'll prefer trying to make me jump through a few rhetorical hoops before actually owning up to the truth.

Which will be, inevitably, 'no, I have not been to space'.

But whatever; off you go, Mr. Crab... Do your best.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2015, 09:20:47 AM »
Oh, & mikeman.nasa,gov:

Please, just stop.

You're embarrassing yourself.

It's the weekend; enjoy it ffs!

No-one cares about space, cos no-one ever goes there...

Just drop it ok?

« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2015, 09:36:04 AM »
Have you been to Australia?
I think, therefore I am

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »
You lot really do have an obsession with Australia, don't you?

Whatever; your pathetic attempts at rhetorical trickery won't work.

My knowledge of Australia is not the point here; I don't care if it exists or not & claim no special knowledge of the place.

YOUR knowledge of SPACE is the topic; stick to it.

But you won't, will you?

You'll squirm, bitch-slap, wriggle & do all you can to avoid admitting that none of you have been there & thus your opinion on the subject is worthless.

So: I am forced to repeat myself; has anybody on this forum, bar sock-puppet cartoon characters & liars, actually been to space?

Or have a life, for that matter?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2015, 10:17:41 AM »

Australia is not space.

So what?
Your argument is that no one has gone to space, because we personally have not been to space. I am saying that, as you and I personally have not gone to Australia, means it is impossible for anyone to go to Australia.
What, specifically, exempts Australia from your argument? You can't just say they're different; what difference is relevant here?

No, I have not been to space. I don't see why that means I can't hold the view it's possible to go there. You do know there are other ways to gain knowledge, right?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2015, 10:36:21 AM »
Oh, & mikeman.nasa,gov:

Please, just stop.

You're embarrassing yourself.

It's the weekend; enjoy it ffs!

No-one cares about space, cos no-one ever goes there...

Just drop it ok?

I will drop it once you prove it instead of making assertions.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2015, 11:31:41 AM »
The Branson fully loaded 9 tons space craft SS2 is carried by another plane to altitude 15 000 m, where it is dropped off and glides horizontally at say 100 m/s. The rocket engine is started and burns for 70 seconds. During that short time course is manually changed from horizontal to vertical. After 70 seconds at altitude say 55 000 m and speed say 1100 m/s (acceleration 1.7 g) the engine cuts out (no more fuel) and the SS2, mass now 5 tons - you have burnt 4 tons of solid fuel - continues upwards at reduced speed to an altitude say 100 000 m or more (you are in space!!!) where speed becomes zero. And then SS2 drops down again free fall.
So far, so good.

MaybeSS2 drops with aft end first - nobody knows, the pilots cannot steer it - and after a while SS2 enters thicker air at increased velocity - soon 1100 m/s - where SS2 will start to spin or rotate around itself and all aboard gets airsick or is killed. I doubt the pilots can handle it. It is suggested there are some braking system that can stop a mass of 5 tons at 1100 m/s, but if it works is not known. I doubt it. That's why I think it is not possible to visit space without getting killed.
Except you forgot about the feathered reentry system that stabilizes SS2's reentry without any input from the pilots.

Doubts are not valid technical reasons.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »
Anyhow, welcome to the 'debate'; have YOU been to space?

It's a simple 'yes/no' answer, but judging by the other cranks on here you'll prefer trying to make me jump through a few rhetorical hoops before actually owning up to the truth.

Which will be, inevitably, 'no, I have not been to space'.
I'm willing to bet that you've never eaten feces in your life, but that doesn't stop you from declaring that nasty stuff tastes like shit.    Whether anyone on this site has ever been to space or not makes not one bit of difference as to the reality of space travel to the more than 500 people that have been to space.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »

You have Australia on the brain; see a doctor.

to: mikeman.madman.

Reply to what exactly?

Get some sleep, or get laid, or whatever you need to restore some mental balance.

To: Markjo.

You are just nuts; eating 'fesces'?

Really?

Seriously, kids, I am not here to be your psychotherapist: if you ain't been to space then just butt out, okay?

Please, it's bank holiday bloody weekend; I wanna have some fun.

See you next week; we'll pick it up from there.

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2015, 11:53:39 AM »

Annnnddd, still no answer. The only conclusion is that you have never been to Australia but won't admit it because it ruins your argument.

You lot really do have an obsession with Australia, don't you?

Whatever; your pathetic attempts at rhetorical trickery won't work.

My knowledge of Australia is not the point here; I don't care if it exists or not & claim no special knowledge of the place.

Sure it is. Are you saying Australia doesn't exist since you apparently haven't been there, or that you can't be sure? Whether you care if it exists or not isn't an issue.

YOUR knowledge of SPACE is the topic; stick to it.

Who appointed you boss?

But you won't, will you?

What do you want to know about space? Many here would be happy to answer meaningful questions about it. And, no, it's still not necessary to have visited space to know a lot about it; there are other ways of gathering knowledge.

You'll squirm, bitch-slap, wriggle & do all you can to avoid admitting that none of you have been there & thus your opinion on the subject is worthless.

Speaking of squirming, have you been to Australia? You still haven't answered. A simple yes or no will do, no need for reams of attempted insults and tedium.

If 'no' do you think it exists? Why or why not?

So: I am forced to repeat myself; has anybody on this forum, bar sock-puppet cartoon characters & liars, actually been to space?

Or have a life, for that matter?

No one is forcing you to ask this, so please stop acting so put-upon.

Is your definition of liar anyone who answers 'yes' to your (repeated once again) irrelevant question? How do you know they're lying? Have you met them personally?

Yes, I do have a life. Quite an enjoyable one, thanks. Do you? If ignorance is bliss, your posts here suggest your life must be blissful.

Have a nice weekend. Take a break from the computer for a while. It'll do you some good.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »
to: mikeman.madman.

Reply to what exactly?

Get some sleep, or get laid, or whatever you need to restore some mental balance.

I was just asking for evidence to back up your claims, that's not an indication of insanity, what is an indication of insanity is thinking that evidence is for mad men.  No wonder you are a flat earther.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2015, 12:08:55 PM »
Nothing either of you just said makes sense; think before you post.

Please, get a life.

Really; it's getting pitiful now....

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2015, 12:09:54 PM »

Except you forgot about the feathered reentry system that stabilizes SS2's reentry without any input from the pilots.

Only problem is that it does not work when you drop backwards. Poor pilots! Watching the sky while they drop down. But no problem! A little later they are dead! And then Bronson can blame them for not braking. Always blame some dead person when things go wrong.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2015, 12:22:59 PM »
Ffs, Heiwa, all the evidence you need that Branson's space-shit is fake is the fact that it allegedly reaches hypersonic velocities yet lands without even a single blister on the sodding paintwork..

But enough of that; has anyone on this forum, bar sockpuppets & cartoon characters, been to space yet?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »

Only problem is that it does not work when you drop backwards. Poor pilots! Watching the sky while they drop down. But no problem! A little later they are dead! And then Bronson can blame them for not braking. Always blame some dead person when things go wrong.

Really?  Feathered back ends seem to work pretty well for badminton shuttlecock's and last I checked airplanes worked.  I don't know how you think that that would not work.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2015, 12:30:59 PM »

You have Australia on the brain; see a doctor.

I asked a question. Can I expect an answer?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!