Moderators doing nothing?

• 4 Replies

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
Moderators doing nothing?
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »
I can name a few moderators who do absolutely nothing relating to their jobs. Or, anything in the upper fora. I've only ever seen gotham post in CN or AR.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Moderators doing nothing?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:44 PM »
Posting is not a requirement for being a mod.  Things happen behind the scenes that most of you will never even know about. 

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 03:16:43 PM »
Okay, I was just wondering what they actually did. You can close this thread now.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »
Posting is not a requirement for being a mod.  Things happen behind the scenes that most of you will never even know about.

How much can you actually do behind the scenes? From what I've heard, and what you've said before, you can't enact rule changes or do much to the coding of the site without an Admin, which you don't have.

While posting in upper fora threads isn't a requirement, as far as warnings etc go, it seems to exclusively be you and Pongo (though I did see Gotham pop by once).
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 03:58:42 AM »
All of the moderator's functions can be done behind the scenes.  Non of it has to be made public in order for the moderator to be performing his job.

Also, this thread is about moderators, not administrators, BiJane.