How big is the universe in FE model ?

• 13 Replies
How big is the universe in FE model ?
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:14:09 AM »
How big is it ? :) Does it end ? If so where does it end ?

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
Re: How big is the universe in FE model ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:47:18 AM »
We don't know the answers to those questions even in reality. I don't see how flat earthers could be expected to answer them.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »
We don't know the answers to those questions even in reality. I don't see how flat earthers could be expected to answer them.

How come ? And what does the Bible say about this ? What is God's dwelling place ?
If you don't know then it's just a theory not true. Because truth explains everything. You only have assumptions.
Do you know what Copernicus said about the stars and where they are located ? On a fixed sphere, a sky :)

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:20:58 AM »
http://skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/heaven_of_heavens.jpg

Anyone willing to show me on this scheme where is the tent that God stretched to live IN ? :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:33:44 AM by skycentrism »

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 01:44:38 AM »
No volunteers ? :) So maybe I will ask some questions that should be easier:

Is the heaven of heavens a synonyme for what we call the cosmos or universe ?
Is this universe as big as in the heliocentric model ? With billions of galaxies, planets, stars and so on. If you think it isn't, then how big is it and are there any other galaxies at all ?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:28:37 AM »
And what does the Bible say about this ?

The bible says somewhere God holds the whole world in his hand.

If the earth was meant we would have noticed that. So I think, by "world" the whole universe, is meant.

You just have to find out how big God's hand is, then you may approximately know the dimensions of the universe.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
In response to the op,

I would believe it to be the same size regardless of the shape of the earth.
Also, many flat earth enthusiasts hold a secular view of reality.
I cannot speak on the behalf of the majority, but I am personally agnostic, for example.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 01:02:14 AM »
In response to the op,

I cannot speak on the behalf of the majority, but I am personally agnostic, for example.

Really ? And do you know that the idea of huge universe is occult itself ?

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 08:35:40 AM »

Einstein said that  "Only two things were infinite,  the universe and human stupidity, and he wasn't sure about the former."

My reading of flat earth theory is that the universe is finite and bounded by the celestial sphere. 

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:41:41 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:11 AM »
Hello! I'm new to this site. In fact I happened upon this site while doing some research for my online class discussion board.  I'm 41, attending SNHU online and enjoying Math for the first time ever. My course -The Heart of Mathematics was recommended by my academic advisor because of my major in Creative Writing/English. This weeks discussion is on Chapter 5: Contortions of Space. The one of the topology reflection topics for the discussion board is Is the Earth is a torus? How would you prove this?. After reading a few comments in the forum I just had to register. This is great stuff! The Earth is FLAT?! Is it possible that the Earth is like a torus than a sphere versus a flat plane/disk? I would really appreciate any thoughtful conscientious comments.

TTYL

Follow up questions - Where does the idea of a round Earth come from? Why is there a discrepancy?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
Hello! I'm new to this site. In fact I happened upon this site while doing some research for my online class discussion board.  I'm 41, attending SNHU online and enjoying Math for the first time ever. My course -The Heart of Mathematics was recommended by my academic advisor because of my major in Creative Writing/English. This weeks discussion is on Chapter 5: Contortions of Space. The one of the topology reflection topics for the discussion board is Is the Earth is a torus? How would you prove this?. After reading a few comments in the forum I just had to register. This is great stuff! The Earth is FLAT?! Is it possible that the Earth is like a torus than a sphere versus a flat plane/disk? I would really appreciate any thoughtful conscientious comments.

TTYL

Follow up questions - Where does the idea of a round Earth come from? Why is there a discrepancy?

There is no "idea of a round Earth". It is just matter of reality. This website seems to be more for discussion of the idea of how the earth would be if it was flat or some other shape rather than what it really is. There is no discrepancy in the fact that the earth is the shape that it really  is...a round Earth.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:36:07 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »

Einstein said that  "Only two things were infinite,  the universe and human stupidity, and he wasn't sure about the former."

My reading of flat earth theory is that the universe is finite and bounded by the celestial sphere.

Oh and what is behind the celestial sphere ? Which sphere ? And where is God in FE model ?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 12:29:50 PM »
In response to the op,

Really ? And do you know that the idea of huge universe is occult itself ?
I am not sure I understand what you mean by occult.
Do you disagree with the idea of a huge universe?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 09:29:31 PM »

Oh and what is behind the celestial sphere ? Which sphere ? And where is God in FE model ?

Yes, I would have the same question,  but not in this forum,  this is Q&A,   not the debating forum.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.