What is wrong with the earth being round

• 49 Replies

The Truth Seeker

• listen and know no lies...
Re: What is wrong with the earth being round
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 06:23:44 PM »
Learn how to spell.

i know how to "spell" you dont... you use the word spell... wich means magic spell... so do you believe i just cast a magic spell?
You, sir, are a troll.

you sir are a sheeple...
Because?

cause you dont believen the truth and believen lies...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
Learn how to spell.

i know how to "spell" you dont... you use the word spell... wich means magic spell... so do you believe i just cast a magic spell?
You, sir, are a troll.

you sir are a sheeple...
Because?

Proof? Evidence?
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 06:34:57 PM »
Learn how to spell.

You, sir, are a troll.

you sir are a sheeple...
Because?

Proof? Evidence?

the evidencee of you believening lies is your own words...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »

take a telascope and point it out to ship you think is going over the horizen it is pershipshin and it is disproven long to im ago... next time before speaking and soundings stupid do your reserch... OKAY

Are you ok?  I think you had a stroke while typing that one.  WTF is a pershipshin?
Anyone else confused? 
Wait, is it me, did I have the stroke and can't read words correctly anymore? 
Thanks, now I'm paranoid.

A pershipshin is about forty. About twenty people per ship, two shins each. Forty per-ship-shin. Coincidentally, there is one shin I would like to kick and it belongs to DelusionSeeker.
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »

take a telascope and point it out to ship you think is going over the horizen it is pershipshin and it is disproven long to im ago... next time before speaking and soundings stupid do your reserch... OKAY

Are you ok?  I think you had a stroke while typing that one.  WTF is a pershipshin?
Anyone else confused? 

A pershipshin is about forty. About twenty people per ship, two shins each. Forty per-ship-shin. Coincidentally, there is one shin I would like to kick and it belongs to DelusionSeeker.

says the payd troll...

Mikey T.

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 08:12:41 AM »

Anyone else confused? 

Awesome, thank you.  It makes more sense now... wait the rest of his "sentence" still sucks.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 12:57:35 PM »
I know that I'm not the first person to ask this, but what is actually the problem?

I have yet to see the actual reason why one should reject the round earth.
NASA could be a conspiracy, sure. But that doesn't mean that the earth is flat.

This question is directed mainly to jeranism, JRowe, Pongo, juror and any other flat earthers.

A lack of verifiable evidence is the main issue. Sure, you can look at photos/videos from the likes of nasa, and think "yes, there is the sphere we live on", but, because fakery cannot be ruled out, one cannot be sure.

Disclaimer: I'm not a flat earther or a round earther.
Sunsets. Circumnavigation. Different stars in different hemispheres. Gravity. Observation of other celestial bodies.
One can refute them, but not without making a few assumptions.

BTW: what shape do you reckon the world is?

I believe we live in a virtual reality, so the earth has no shape, as such. Just processing, based on probabilities. I'm aware it's an unpopular view, but it's the one that makes the most sense to me at present.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 01:08:27 PM »
I believe we live in a virtual reality, so the earth has no shape
This doesn't make any sense.  Reality is still reality, whether it be computer generated or not.

Experiments and observations show the earth is spherical, even if that earth is the product of some Giant Space Lizards super computer it is still a sphere.

Try hitting yourself in the face with a brick then come back and say it is "just processing".
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
I believe we live in a virtual reality, so the earth has no shape
This doesn't make any sense.  Reality is still reality, whether it be computer generated or not.

Experiments and observations show the earth is spherical, even if that earth is the product of some Giant Space Lizards super computer it is still a sphere.

Try hitting yourself in the face with a brick then come back and say it is "just processing".

Would my brain not process the information that contact between brick and my nerve endings made? And return pain as a result of that computation?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

tappet

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »
I know that I'm not the first person to ask this, but what is actually the problem?

I have yet to see the actual reason why one should reject the round earth.
NASA could be a conspiracy, sure. But that doesn't mean that the earth is flat.

This question is directed mainly to jeranism, JRowe, Pongo, juror and any other flat earthers.

A lack of verifiable evidence is the main issue. Sure, you can look at photos/videos from the likes of nasa, and think "yes, there is the sphere we live on", but, because fakery cannot be ruled out, one cannot be sure.

Disclaimer: I'm not a flat earther or a round earther.
Sunsets. Circumnavigation. Different stars in different hemispheres. Gravity. Observation of other celestial bodies.
One can refute them, but not without making a few assumptions.

BTW: what shape do you reckon the world is?

I believe we live in a virtual reality, so the earth has no shape, as such. Just processing, based on probabilities. I'm aware it's an unpopular view, but it's the one that makes the most sense to me at present.
I have a similar view.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »
nope... this is true this has been proven with epxpiments...http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon

That is NOT an experiment. It is a hypothesis, and a false one at that.

people hav pointd telescopes out at see to see if the boat was going over the curve of the earth and they do not... period... this can no longer be debated i win...

Actually, people have used telescopes to observe this and guess what? The boats seem to "sink" as if the Earth is curved. All you have provided is a "hypothesis" to disprove this phenomenon. A hypothesis is useless, until experiments have been performed.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »
nope... this is true this has been proven with epxpiments...http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon

people hav pointd telescopes out at see to see if the boat was going over the curve of the earth and they do not... period... this can no longer be debated i win...

Actually, people have used telescopes to observe this and guess what? The boats seem to "sink" as if the Earth is curved. All you have provided is a "hypothesis" to disprove this phenomenon. A hypothesis is useless, until experiments have been performed.

no sheeple... people hav used them and the boats dont sink... SHEESH OK IDIOT

Mikey T.

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »

I award you another 2 troll points.  You have now reached level 2.  Enjoy.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »

I award you another 2 troll points.  You have now reached level 2.  Enjoy.
get life

Mikey T.

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »
Love life...   your turn

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 11:49:27 PM »
does the horizen sink?

If you mean "Does it appear to drop down away from you at long distances?" then yes. Yes it does. A ship going over the horizon is the classic example.
it might appear to , but its nonsense that it actually does .Your just seeing the more abumdant freqences of light being expressed off what your viewing  ,the further the ship travels away from you. The further the ship the more difficult  for your brain to distinguish & interpret contrasting color, shading & shadow.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:55:09 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 02:10:22 AM »
does the horizen sink?

If you mean "Does it appear to drop down away from you at long distances?" then yes. Yes it does. A ship going over the horizon is the classic example.
it might appear to , but its nonsense that it actually does .Your just seeing the more abumdant freqences of light being expressed off what your viewing  ,the further the ship travels away from you. The further the ship the more difficult  for your brain to distinguish & interpret contrasting color, shading & shadow.
What about sunsets?

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 03:08:02 AM »
does the horizen sink?

What about sunsets?
what about them ?dusk & dawn is well know for playing tricks with ones eye's.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 04:51:58 AM »
does the horizen sink?

What about sunsets?
what about them ?dusk & dawn is well know for playing tricks with ones eye's.
But the sun setting in the west and rising in the east? That is an impressive trick.
And one that still hasn't been accounted for in FET.