What is wrong with the earth being round

• 49 Replies

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
What is wrong with the earth being round
« on: April 14, 2015, 08:26:43 PM »
I know that I'm not the first person to ask this, but what is actually the problem?

I have yet to see the actual reason why one should reject the round earth.
NASA could be a conspiracy, sure. But that doesn't mean that the earth is flat.

This question is directed mainly to jeranism, JRowe, Pongo, juror and any other flat earthers.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

The Truth Seeker

• listen and know no lies...
Re: What is wrong with the earth being round
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 09:00:09 PM »
I know that I'm not the first person to ask this, but what is actually the problem?

This question is directed mainly to jeranism, JRowe, Pongo, juror and any other flat earthers.

earth isnt flat... it isnt round either... it is concave we live on the insider... this has been proven by the rectilineator expiriement...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:52:46 PM »
You, sir, are absolutely correct. But that wasn't my question.

But alright, why did you reject the round-earth?

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »

cause it didnt make no sense...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 09:57:58 PM »

And being concave does? Please explain.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 10:40:40 PM »
TLDR; It made sense. Or does using double negatives in English still make it negative?
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 10:55:51 PM »

And being concave does? Please explain.

rectilineator expiriment shows the earth curves upwards...

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
TLDR; It made sense. Or does using double negatives in English still make it negative?

does the horizen sink?

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 03:52:42 AM »

does the horizen sink?
Did you just drop acid? I kinda have a feeling.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 04:50:14 AM »
The main problem as far as I can tell is a round world either directly or indirectly by implication disproves religious fundamentalism aka creationism or whatever it is called.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 06:36:18 AM »
does the horizen sink?

If you mean "Does it appear to drop down away from you at long distances?" then yes. Yes it does. A ship going over the horizon is the classic example.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Mikey T.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 06:49:28 AM »
The main problem as far as I can tell is a round world either directly or indirectly by implication disproves religious fundamentalism aka creationism or whatever it is called.
Why does it have to disprove religion, only if you hold the religious books too literally.  I hold to the belief that the book I follow, should be taken as a whole, to give guidelines to how you should live, not this sentence in this paragraph could mean this and if you say that sentence is falsely represented it invalidates the entire book.  Too many humans had hands in writing down the stories in that book, too many humans had hands in translating that book, too many humans had hands in telling those stories word of mouth for too many years before writing it down, too many humans have their hands in determining what it should say to me. 

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 07:17:02 AM »
What  ??? ???
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »
does the horizen sink?

If you mean "Does it appear to drop down away from you at long distances?" then yes. Yes it does. A ship going over the horizon is the classic example.

ships going over the horizen is disproven a long time ago... also ever been in a plane? horizen always stays at eye level meaning the earth is concave... period... there is no debate here... just drop your pride and acept truth...

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »
ships going over the horizen is disproven a long time ago...
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »

does the horizen sink?
Did you just drop acid? I kinda have a feeling.

did you get payd for insulting a me a truth seeker? i kinda hav a feeling get life kid dont hav time for no torll...

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »

A lack of verifiable evidence is the main issue. Sure, you can look at photos/videos from the likes of nasa, and think "yes, there is the sphere we live on", but, because fakery cannot be ruled out, one cannot be sure.

Disclaimer: I'm not a flat earther or a round earther.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 03:21:42 PM »
does the horizen sink?

ships going over the horizen is disproven a long time ago... also ever been in a plane? horizen always stays at eye level meaning the earth is concave... period... there is no debate here... just drop your pride and acept truth...
Why doesn't the sun get smaller as it gets further away?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 03:24:18 PM »
ships going over the horizen is disproven a long time ago...

take a telascope and point it out to ship you think is going over the horizen it is pershipshin and it is disproven long to im ago... next time before speaking and soundings stupid do your reserch... OKAY

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »
Speaking and soundings stupid. I tried that, btw. When I was young, I thought that was something we could do. I was wrong, like everything you say.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Mikey T.

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 03:43:33 PM »

take a telascope and point it out to ship you think is going over the horizen it is pershipshin and it is disproven long to im ago... next time before speaking and soundings stupid do your reserch... OKAY

Are you ok?  I think you had a stroke while typing that one.  WTF is a pershipshin?
Anyone else confused? 
Wait, is it me, did I have the stroke and can't read words correctly anymore? 
Thanks, now I'm paranoid.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »

Are you ok?  I think you had a stroke while typing that one.  WTF is a pershipshin?
Anyone else confused? 
Wait, is it me, did I have the stroke and can't read words correctly anymore? 
Thanks, now I'm paranoid.

nope... this is true this has been proven with epxpiments...http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »
nope... this is true this has been proven with epxpiments...http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon

That is NOT an experiment. It is a hypothesis, and a false one at that.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »

A lack of verifiable evidence is the main issue. Sure, you can look at photos/videos from the likes of nasa, and think "yes, there is the sphere we live on", but, because fakery cannot be ruled out, one cannot be sure.

Disclaimer: I'm not a flat earther or a round earther.
Sunsets. Circumnavigation. Different stars in different hemispheres. Gravity. Observation of other celestial bodies.
One can refute them, but not without making a few assumptions.

BTW: what shape do you reckon the world is?

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »

That is NOT an experiment. It is a hypothesis, and a false one at that.

people hav pointd telescopes out at see to see if the boat was going over the curve of the earth and they do not... period... this can no longer be debated i win...

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »
Learn how to spell.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 05:34:04 PM »
Learn how to spell.

i know how to "spell" you dont... you use the word spell... wich means magic spell... so do you believe i just cast a magic spell?

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 05:59:01 PM »
Learn how to spell.

i know how to "spell" you dont... you use the word spell... wich means magic spell... so do you believe i just cast a magic spell?
You, sir, are a troll.

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 06:03:24 PM »
Learn how to spell.

You, sir, are a troll.

you sir are a sheeple...

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »
Learn how to spell.

You, sir, are a troll.

you sir are a sheeple...
Because?