Dinosaur Boat Theory

• 395 Replies

mathsman

• one of the lads
Re: Dinosaur Boat Theory
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »
What?
boats float, metal does not: surface area.

Ice always floats, regardless of its form. It floats on water, because it is less dense than water. Believe me.
or because it is comparably dense and solid enough to have a surface area, as well as the surface tension of water.

When water freezes it expands. That is why pipes burst in winter. Thus ice has a larger volume for the same mass of water. Larger volume and same mass equals lower density.
and you do not see a relationship between surface area and density?

There is no relationship between surface area and density. Two objects may have the same mass and density but different surface areas. Consider a cube of modelling putty, if that is reshaped into a sphere the volume and density remain constant but the surface area decreases.

« Reply #391 on: October 27, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
This thread was fantastically entertaining!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #392 on: October 27, 2016, 09:41:48 PM »
Ski is truly the hero the FES deserves.

Here are two examples of dinosaurs exhibiting vestigial boat building instincts:

He came here to make angry globuralists look silly and chew gum.

He's all outta gum.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #393 on: October 28, 2016, 11:45:14 AM »
there is no reason to think the harnesses are complex. they might be no more than common vines. a simple diagram would be:

Bringing back the diagram.

Someone should make a poll. Dinosaur Boat Theory vs Dinosaur Tourist Theory.
Here. This diagram says it all.

« Reply #394 on: November 05, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
What?
boats float, metal does not: surface area.

Ice always floats, regardless of its form. It floats on water, because it is less dense than water. Believe me.
or because it is comparably dense and solid enough to have a surface area, as well as the surface tension of water.

The amazing thing is, we went through all this just a few posts back. I even explained why ice is less dense than water. It just doesn't seem to have sunk in to JRowe's brain.

He lets nothing sink into his brain. His brain is the source of all knowledge.

I thought it was the source of all density? A black hole so dense no rational thought can escape.
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

« Reply #395 on: November 08, 2016, 06:17:16 AM »
there is no reason to think the harnesses are complex. they might be no more than common vines. a simple diagram would be:

Bringing back the diagram.

Someone should make a poll. Dinosaur Boat Theory vs Dinosaur Tourist Theory.
Here. This diagram says it all.
It is the best thing on the internet.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.