Dinosaur Boat Theory

• 395 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: Dinosaur Boat Theory
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
Anything can be in liquid state regardless of pressure if the temperature is high enough.
Do you know why the mantel is molten?

regardless of temperature, things under a high enough pressure must be solid: the molecules are pressed together.

Ever seen ice swimming on water? That's only possible because ice, although solid, is less dense than water.
that's surface area, along with comparable densities.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2015, 02:39:54 PM »
Anything can be in liquid state regardless of pressure if the temperature is high enough.

No, not regardless of pressure. Think of CO2.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2015, 02:42:46 PM »

Ever seen ice swimming on water? That's only possible because ice, although solid, is less dense than water.
that's surface area, along with comparable densities.

What?

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2015, 02:48:28 PM »
Do you know why the mantel is molten?

regardless of temperature, things under a high enough pressure must be solid: the molecules are pressed together.

Wrong. How much pressure do you think exists in Jupiter? It's not solid. A star is under so much pressure that fusion takes place spontaneously. They are not solid. It's the amount of energy in the molecules that determines state.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2015, 02:57:53 PM »
What?
boats float, metal does not: surface area.

How much pressure do you think exists in Jupiter? It's not solid.
so you say.
energy may be used in more ways than just movement.

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »
Learn about states of matter. You can compress a gas into a liquid, but it's virtually impossible to compress a liquid.

All you are doing is demonstrating your ignorance of yet another area of science.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2015, 10:23:35 PM »
What?

You need to read up on "displacement". Surface area has very little to do with it.
Boats float because of their displaced mass is equal to their total mass. When the total mass is higher than the displaced mass it sinks.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #367 on: June 02, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »
You need to read up on "displacement". Surface area has very little to do with it.
if the area of the surface on the water is not related to displacement, i honestly wonder what you think is.

it's virtually impossible to compress a liquid.
false. liquid molecules still move far more than a solid's: limit that movement...
the pressure within the earth should easily be enough.

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #368 on: June 02, 2015, 05:52:52 AM »
if the area of the surface on the water is not related to displacement, i honestly wonder what you think is.

false. liquid molecules still move far more than a solid's: limit that movement...

What happens when you apply pressure? You are adding energy (heat). The molecules will move faster.

Seriously JRowe, before you embarrass yourself by posting these ideas of yours, at least do some research.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #369 on: June 02, 2015, 06:22:45 AM »

What happens when you apply pressure? You are adding energy (heat). The molecules will move faster.

Seriously JRowe, before you embarrass yourself by posting these ideas of yours, at least do some research.

applying pressure means preventing movement. heat may stem from the prevention of movement: like friction. many solids reach high temperatures.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #370 on: June 02, 2015, 06:25:30 AM »
applying pressure means preventing movement. heat may stem from the prevention of movement: like friction. many solids reach high temperatures.

So adding pressure creates heat.
What happens when you release that pressure?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »

the heat doesn't dissipate all at once, the state would likely change until it cools. why is that relevant? the pressure in this case is not changing any significant amount.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2015, 10:31:53 AM »

the heat doesn't dissipate all at once, the state would likely change until it cools. why is that relevant? the pressure in this case is not changing any significant amount.

Because in this real world we live in, temperature drops immediately when you reduce the pressure in a vessel. Thats how fridges and air-conditioners work.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #373 on: June 02, 2015, 01:26:43 PM »

Because in this real world we live in, temperature drops immediately when you reduce the pressure in a vessel. Thats how fridges and air-conditioners work.

physically impossible, and irrelevant.

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #374 on: June 02, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »

Great. Now fridges don't exist as well.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #375 on: June 03, 2015, 05:08:44 AM »

your bastaradization of them certainly does not. how do you plan to reach inside if pressure is constantly applied?

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #376 on: June 03, 2015, 06:23:06 AM »

your bastaradization of them certainly does not. how do you plan to reach inside if pressure is constantly applied?

You are joking right? Please tell me you are joking.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #377 on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:12 AM »

Clouds dont exist, is it really a stretch to think he is serious?

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #378 on: June 03, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »

Clouds dont exist, is it really a stretch to think he is serious?

True, but this might be the stupidest thing ever uttered by a human being. And I include Karl Pilkington in that!

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #379 on: June 03, 2015, 08:06:41 AM »

pressure applied to a relatively small amount of chemical is in no way comparable to the sheer size of the earth: the fact is, everything takes time to cool. and it also remains irrelevant.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #380 on: June 03, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
Rapid decompression can not cool the earth. It is the process used to cool fridges ext.
I mentioned it to you because it is not consistent with your aether theory.
Compress gas and it heats up, decompress it and it cools down.
If aether heated up due to force/friction, what is cooling the decompression?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #381 on: June 03, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »
Rapid decompression can not cool the earth. It is the process used to cool fridges ext.
I mentioned it to you because it is not consistent with your aether theory.
Compress gas and it heats up, decompress it and it cools down.
If aether heated up due to force/friction, what is cooling the decompression?
aether doesn't heat up, the physical matter near it is. aether itself is only space: there's no hot space or cold space. it imparts friction as it moves by: moving the molecules of matter to rub against one another. it could similarly cool if it slows (or is excited to the point when it slows) which in turn could prevent movement.
this is not relevant to my 'aether theory' however, only to the theory that there is no air: which also remains irrelevant to this thread.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #382 on: June 03, 2015, 10:32:45 AM »
What?

Ice always floats, regardless of its form. It floats on water, because it is less dense than water. Believe me.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #383 on: June 03, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »
What?

Ice always floats, regardless of its form. It floats on water, because it is less dense than water. Believe me.
or because it is comparably dense and solid enough to have a surface area, as well as the surface tension of water.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #384 on: June 03, 2015, 01:41:06 PM »
What?

or because it is comparably dense and solid enough to have a surface area, as well as the surface tension of water.

and you do not see a relationship between surface area and density?

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #385 on: June 03, 2015, 01:51:12 PM »
What?

The amazing thing is, we went through all this just a few posts back. I even explained why ice is less dense than water. It just doesn't seem to have sunk in to JRowe's brain.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #386 on: June 03, 2015, 02:23:03 PM »
What?

The amazing thing is, we went through all this just a few posts back. I even explained why ice is less dense than water. It just doesn't seem to have sunk in to JRowe's brain.

He lets nothing sink into his brain. His brain is the source of all knowledge.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #387 on: June 03, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »
What?

there is no inherent relationship: other factors must be taken into account.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2015, 08:04:50 PM »
Are you saying that something with the same surface area of ice will float?
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2015, 09:47:31 AM »
What?

there is no inherent relationship: other factors must be taken into account.

Other factors? For example?