EVA GoPro footage

• 103 Replies

Dog

• Literally a dog
EVA GoPro footage
« on: April 10, 2015, 10:25:40 AM »
https://archive.org/details/EVAGoPro

Good stuff. But OBVIOUSLY fake. I mean, did you see those clouds?? They're...... uh....... not supposed to look like that!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: EVA GoPro footage
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »
Looks like a commercial to me.  What are they supposed to be advertising? 

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:39:14 AM »
Looks like a commercial to me.  What are they supposed to be advertising?

Pretty shitty commercial if there isn't any sound and it's over an hour long of raw engineering footage.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:52:43 AM »
The best kind of commercial makes people not realize that they are watching a commercial. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 11:06:44 AM »
The best kind of commercial makes people not realize that they are watching a commercial.

The best kind of commercial actually advertises something.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 11:07:33 AM »

The best kind of commercial actually advertises something.

And, what was that video advertising again? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »
And, what was that video advertising again?

Nothing, therefore it's not a commercial.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »
I thought it was advertising the GoPro.  Maybe I am just more in tuned to when my mind is being attacked.  Good to know. 

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:50 AM »
I thought it was advertising the GoPro.  Maybe I am just more in tuned to when my mind is being attacked.  Good to know.

I can see it now. jroa thinking:

"Hmmmm this is interesting, they're floating. Where is the trickery? They must be in a "zero-G" plane. Wait, that's the Earth. Okay so maybe they're in a pool of some sort and that's a backdrop? No, because its luminosity is changing and the clouds are moving.... Okay so maybe they are in space. But the Earth can't be round..... maybe it's a fish eye lens? But nothing else is being distorted, and a fish eye lens can't specifically make the Earth look round from all of these angles and orientations. My mind! My mind is being attacked! Help!"

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »
Earth seems pretty round to me. Also a lot of floating around for quite a long time, a heck of a lot longer that what is possible on low G sim airplanes.

Mikey T.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »
CGI, yep its all CGI.  Clearly outtakes from that gravity movie. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 06:14:49 PM »
I skimmed through the video and something I noticed was that the Earth could be seen in reflections of the astronaut's helmet and particularly shiny parts on the station.  If that was done in a pool (which it would have to be if it was fake considering how long it was) it would be nearly impossible to get convincing reflections of the Earth which is supposedly done with green screen.  It would require camera tracking for all reflective objects and using a virtual reflector object which reflects the Earth and a virtual station identical to the real one, floating wires and all.  Any obstructions to the reflective object would have to be virtual objects which mask the reflection object which is nearly impossible unless you went through the video frame by frame, which is not very practical for a video of this length.  My prediction is that a single skilled animator would take 6 months to a year of working many hours every day to make reflections like what we see and if I factor in the time it takes to create the necessary rigs and assets it would take at least 2 years.

Another thing to note is that if that video was filmed in a pool even the clearest water looks like this:

In the video you could distinctly see solar panels and stuff far enough away that in even the clearest water they should look like they are a bit blue, yet this is not the case.  Here is a photo of an astronaut training pool:

Note the blueness which is not there in the real ISS photos.

Here is another interesting proof that they are really in space: refraction.  Water is denser then air, so if you look at an astronaut's head in a space suit under water then their head would look small like this:

However, empty space is (obviously) less dense then air which will make their head appear bigger like this:

I honestly can't think of any way that this effect could be faked with CGI.  Wait, but if the ISS videos are taken in a vacuum then they must be in zero G and the only way to get zero G for that long is to orbit the Earth because no zero G plane can do that, especially with a payload as big as the ISS.  This must mean that space travel is real and the Earth sure does look round in those space photos.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »
Well, time to shut down the site...........

Or not, because it is fun to debate imbeciles  ;D

So unless any FE'r has an actual rebuttal to this video, the case is closed. The earth is round.
Any debate from here on out is just for fun.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »
So far no flat earthers have even attempted to debunk my argument about reflections and refraction.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 01:56:11 PM »
So far no flat earthers have even attempted to debunk my argument about reflections and refraction.

I did not answer because I thought this was a lame joke.  All they need to do is turn all the lights out and have a projection of the Earth in order for the reflections to look Earth like.  You know, like the Chinese got busted doing.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 02:06:50 PM »

I did not answer because I thought this was a lame joke.  All they need to do is turn all the lights out and have a projection of the Earth in order for the reflections to look Earth like.  You know, like the Chinese got busted doing.
So, do you have any evidence that the video in question is fake?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 02:13:36 PM »

The video from the Chinese?  I know you have been here long enough to have seen the Chinese space walk debunked dozens of times. 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »

The video from the Chinese?  I know you have been here long enough to have seen the Chinese space walk debunked dozens of times.
The video in the OP.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 02:16:24 PM »
I said it looked like they were advertising the GoPro.  Or, do you believe that advertisements are actually real?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »
I said it looked like they were advertising the GoPro.  Or, do you believe that advertisements are actually real?
Ok, so you don't have any evidence. I was just making sure.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 03:29:06 PM »
jroa unable to provide any explanation, as usual. I guess this forum should close soon, the lame trolls that were recruited to play the role of Flat Earthers are very lame and wouldn't convince anyone. That's sad, internet has some very good trolls.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »

Haha, you're squirming. C'mon, this is your chance. One shred of evidence that THE VIDEO I POSTED is not sincere.

Or you can take a BS jroa answer instead: "GoPro commercials are bad" or "Chinese did something with projections one time".
Note: if you opt to choose a BS jroa answer, you will be asked........ again........ to address the matter at hand. You will have gotten nowhere.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
We're waiting.

Any other FErs want to chime in?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:51 PM »

Haha, you're squirming. C'mon, this is your chance. One shred of evidence that THE VIDEO I POSTED is not sincere.

Or you can take a BS jroa answer instead: "GoPro commercials are bad" or "Chinese did something with projections one time".
Note: if you opt to choose a BS jroa answer, you will be asked........ again........ to address the matter at hand. You will have gotten nowhere.

Well done for showing the full extent of your feeble-mindedness. Observe:

Burden of Proof Fallacy

When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. An argument from ignorance occurs when either a proposition is assumed to be true because it has not yet been proved false or a proposition is assumed to be false because it has not yet been proved true. This has the effect of shifting the burden of proof to the person criticizing the proposition, but is not valid reasoning.

--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

Argument from Ignorance Fallacy

Argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four,

1. true
2. false
3. unknown between true or false
4. being unknowable (among the first three).

In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used in an attempt to shift the burden of proof.

--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

So you might as well delete that fallacious, smug signature (unless you want to appear even more foolish).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:53:00 PM by legion »
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 05:03:08 PM »

Well done for showing the full extent of your feeble-mindedness. Observe:

Burden of Proof Fallacy

When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on the person asserting a claim. An argument from ignorance occurs when either a proposition is assumed to be true because it has not yet been proved false or a proposition is assumed to be false because it has not yet been proved true. This has the effect of shifting the burden of proof to the person criticizing the proposition, but is not valid reasoning.

--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

Argument from Ignorance Fallacy

Argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four,

1. true
2. false
3. unknown between true or false
4. being unknowable (among the first three).

In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used in an attempt to shift the burden of proof.

--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

So you might as well delete that fallacious, smug signature (unless you want to appear even more foolish).

You still (incorrectly) trying to use fallacies? Cute.
Now, again, a shred of evidence that the video is a fake....

The Truth Seeker

• listen and know no lies...
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 06:26:11 PM »
we live on the concave earth...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 09:25:17 AM »

It's up to you to prove it is genuine. You haven't. Instead you've clung to the burden of proof fallacy, even though I pointed out your error.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 01:43:38 PM »

It's up to you to prove it is genuine. You haven't. Instead you've clung to the burden of proof fallacy, even though I pointed out your error.

It's not. But i'll play.

For obvious reasons I can't prove the video is authentic.
Side note: Believe it or not NOTHING can be proven or "for-certain". That's why the scientific method exists, where things are proven (often thousands of times) under a certain set of conditions. But that's the beauty of science, anything is up for grabs, anything can be disproven or proven (under certain conditions). Even things that have been established for thousands of years. But NOTHING is ever "proven"/"case-closed"/"done".

That said, it can be said with 99.99% certainty that this video is genuine through logic. It's continuous 1 hour footage, so no free-fall aircraft at play. There are no bubbles, and the Earth (and everything else) can be seen clearly with no distortion, so we're not in a pool. Nations on our planet have an observable track record of going to space. So with all of that being said..... they're somewhere that looks like, acts like,  and seems like, space...... I wonder where they are.

Your turn.

The Truth Seeker

• listen and know no lies...
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 01:49:52 PM »

It's not. But i'll play.

Side note: Believe it or not NOTHING can be proven or "for-certain". That's why the scientific method exists, where things are proven (often thousands of times) under a certain set of conditions. But that's the beauty of science, anything is up for grabs, anything can be disproven or proven (under certain conditions). Even things that have been established for thousands of years. But NOTHING is ever "proven"/"case-closed"/"done".

That said, it can be said with 99.99% certainty that this video is genuine through logic. It's continuous 1 hour footage, so no free-fall aircraft at play. There are no bubbles, and the Earth (and everything else) can be seen clearly with no distortion, so we're not in a pool. Nations on our planet have an observable track record of going to space. So with all of that being said..... they're somewhere that looks like, acts like,  and seems like, space...... I wonder where they are.

Your turn.

hey... science is lies... made to cover up concave earth
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »

It's not. But i'll play.

Your turn.

hey... science is lies... made to cover up concave earth

You haven't been banned yet? If you have something coherent to contribute, go ahead. If not, go get a life.