Falling over the edge of the world

• 21 Replies
Falling over the edge of the world
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:17:06 AM »
Following the idea of the flat earth map, how is it that people have been to the South Pole? What if one were to walk south until reaching the end of the world? Wouldn't the end be the South Pole? Because if that were the South Pole, we know there is no 'drop' there.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Re: Falling over the edge of the world
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:23:49 AM »
There is a fund raising for a Flat Earth Expedition going on. You are free to contribute. (I didn't.)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 06:29:07 AM »
Following the idea of the flat earth map, how is it that people have been to the South Pole? What if one were to walk south until reaching the end of the world? Wouldn't the end be the South Pole? Because if that were the South Pole, we know there is no 'drop' there.

Make sure to bring extra socks for your expedition.  I am fairly sure it would be very cold there. 

Did you know that when it gets cold enough, the air that you breath will turn into a liquid and even a solid?  Sounds like a pretty inhospitable place to me. 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »

Make sure to bring extra socks for your expedition.  I am fairly sure it would be very cold there. 

Did you know that when it gets cold enough, the air that you breath will turn into a liquid and even a solid?  Sounds like a pretty inhospitable place to me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/12/10/antarctica-cold-record/3950019/
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
Did you know that when it gets cold enough, the air that you breath will turn into a liquid and even a solid?

Flat earth answer: this cannot happen, as aether theory proves air is not real.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 07:35:32 AM »
dual earth theory allows for us to travel to both poles.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
dual earth theory allows for us to travel to both poles.

Have faith. Flat Earth will come up with a new -Quote-"Theory"-Unquote.

Chorus:

Re: Flat Earth Q&A
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 10:00:03 AM »

Hello! I'm new to this site. In fact I happened upon this site while doing some research for my online class discussion board.  I'm 41, attending SNHU online and enjoying Math for the first time ever. My course -The Heart of Mathematics was recommended by my academic advisor because of my major in Creative Writing/English. This weeks discussion is on Chapter 5: Contortions of Space. The one of the topology reflection topics for the discussion board is Is the Earth is a torus? How would you prove this?. After reading a few comments in the forum I just had to register. This is great stuff! The Earth is FLAT?! Is it possible that the Earth is like a torus than a sphere versus a flat plane/disk? I would really appreciate any thoughtful conscientious comments.

TTYL

I support the idea that the earth is a torus. Message me if you would like further details, if I commented here I'd get a warning/ban.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »
I support the idea that the earth is a torus. Message me if you would like further details, if I commented here I'd get a warning/ban.

You know, promoting the idea that the Earth is a torus should adhere to the rules of the site, as you would be debating whether or not the world is flat. So long as you focus on showing the traits that imply a toroidal world imply that the world is not flat...
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 01:19:12 PM »

You know, promoting the idea that the Earth is a torus should adhere to the rules of the site, as you would be debating whether or not the world is flat. So long as you focus on showing the traits that imply a toroidal world imply that the world is not flat...

This is not the Debating Forum. Do you have any questions about Flat Earth?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 01:21:40 PM »
This is not the Debating Forum. Do you have any questions about Flat Earth?

I never said in this thread/forum  :P
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

I have already been told that I was not to mention toroidal earth theory on this forum by either jroa or Pong (I forget which) and I responded with that argument. From the flat point of view, a toroidal earth is no sillier or more wrong than a round one. However, the sword of Bamocles hangs heavy over my posts in this section, but the mods have now acknowledged that it can be debated in the appropriate sections.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 02:25:38 PM »
Bamocles?

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 03:39:07 PM »
Bamocles?

It was a pune, or play on words.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »
Bamocles is a pune?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 10:18:28 PM »

Chorus:

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 02:55:02 AM »
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 10:42:26 AM »
Bamocles?

It was a pune, or play on words.
Isn't Pune a city in india?

And shouldn't it be Damocles ?

Sword of Damocles - hovered over Damocles threatening to drop and kill him. Sword of Bamocles - hovers over Dinosaur Neil threatening to bam* him for inappropriate posting.
Pune, or play on words - a recurring joke in the works of Terry Pratchett where characters never get the word "pun" correct or understand it. As seems to be the case here.

*common forum parlance for "ban"

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.