In regards to BiJane and....

• 20 Replies

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
In regards to BiJane and....
« on: April 08, 2015, 01:10:29 PM »
Her use of this picture:

If you peruse BiJane's post history, you will find several posts that are simply this picture and nothing else. This is, in my opinion, low content posting. Especially when BiJane herself makes equally baseless claims in regards to RE science with no citations.

Recently I have started to post this picture myself in response to many Round Earth claims, somewhat as a satirical comment on BiJane's overall stupidity and irrelevance, but also to try to get some sort of citation for claims like "spaceships fly up in the space and thats 0 g obivously look at the video" and other such claims. To my surprise, I was met by jroa who reprimanded me for making a "low content post".

I want to ask anyone on this forum a question... was my post any more "low cotent" than something like this, or this, or this?

And that's just a few. BiJane has countless posts that are simply this image, and frankly it's a bit tiring to wade through several pages of a thread and see nothing but BiJane and her idiotic picture.

I am asking that jroa either a) ban BiJane for a few days as punishment for this abundance of low content posting or b) let me post the picture at my leisure as well. If you can't do b, then that is a double standard on jroa's part and favoritism.

If this does not get resolved I will contact Daniel and Wilmore about this issue.
Read the FAQS.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
Re: In regards to BiJane and....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
Would it be considered low content posting to ask:
Does this claim have any proof to it, if so, provide it.

If not, then this image is saying the exact same thing.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »
If this does not get resolved I will contact Daniel and Wilmore about this issue.

As if that will do anything at all? If it did, Pongo would be de-modded by now.

Jane's repetition of the picture has value beyond simply being repetitive for its own sake. You notice it and it irritates you but what you are really noticing is how many times you post something not backed up by evidence. You cause the picture to come into being in the thread by what you post.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Vauxhall

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »
Everything I post is backed by legitimate FE science. Good try though, Dinosaur Neil.
Read the FAQS.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »
I have warned BiJane several times about making low content posts in the upper fora.  The difference is that when I warn her, she quits doing it, even if just for a while.  She does not go cry to the teacher about rules being enforced unfairly.  You don't get special treatment, just because you bat for my team.  You are starting to sound like Neil: crying every time you get a slap on the wrist.  Grow up. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:26:49 PM »
This is, in my opinion, low content posting. Especially when BiJane herself makes equally baseless claims in regards to RE science with no citations.

Oh come on, what were you expecting?

I have been warned once for use of that image (though I'll admit, intentionally, it was never a serious point). Otherwise, I use it facetiously in less serious discussions (see: the 'is JRowe omniscient?' thread). Generally I gauge how serious to be by the degree of conversation going on in the same thread. In, for example, Heiwa's challenge thread, it's devolved into no more than goalpost moving, that's long since stopped being a serious topic.
The image is used simply because it's a more entertaining way of saying "Evidence please." In my opinion, it just looks better than having to repeat the same statement.

The difference between our two cases, is that evidence for RET is readily accessible. Evidence for FET is limited exclusively to a couple of websites with dodgy search functions, where looking up something will likely also unearth a refutation and will almost certainly find a contradiction, if indeed anything is found.
For example, if you look up 'The Coriolis Effect' on Google, you can find pages and pages about it. If you look up 'denpressure', you get this site. Like it or not, Flat Earthers needs to be willing to provide more evidence for what they say, because said evidence is not easily accessible.

Do as JRowe has done: he has a whole thread in the information repository that explains his theory. If you'll notice, I don't think I've used the image at him, because I know where to look for the justifications of his claims. You can't refer to 'legitimate FE science' when there are multiple interpretations of what that means and no accessible way to verify your claims.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
Everything I post is backed by legitimate FE science.

Thank you for your oxy, moron.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Vauxhall

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »
I have warned BiJane several times about making low content posts in the upper fora.  The difference is that when I warn her, she quits doing it, even if just for a while.  She does not go cry to the teacher about rules being enforced unfairly.  You don't get special treatment, just because you bat for my team.  You are starting to sound like Neil: crying every time you get a slap on the wrist.  Grow up.

Your warnings aren't working, jroa. She has posted the picture at least 4 times today alone, and you have not warned her for it. I understand that you are trying to win points with the RE crowd, but at least be fair and unbiased. If you are going to punish me for posting that picture then BiJane needs to be reprimanded for her low content posts as well. Do you understand this simple concept or do I have to dumb it down for you?

Add this to the list as well, jroa. You need to do something about this or I am going to circumvent your moderation and go directly to the admin team. You know my connections and you know the damage I can do. Don't play dumb with me.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:54:38 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
I have been warned once for use of that image (though I'll admit, intentionally, it was never a serious point). Otherwise, I use it facetiously in less serious discussions (see: the 'is JRowe omniscient?' thread). Generally I gauge how serious to be by the degree of conversation going on in the same thread. In, for example, Heiwa's challenge thread, it's devolved into no more than goalpost moving, that's long since stopped being a serious topic.
The image is used simply because it's a more entertaining way of saying "Evidence please." In my opinion, it just looks better than having to repeat the same statement.

The difference between our two cases, is that evidence for RET is readily accessible. Evidence for FET is limited exclusively to a couple of websites with dodgy search functions, where looking up something will likely also unearth a refutation and will almost certainly find a contradiction, if indeed anything is found.
For example, if you look up 'The Coriolis Effect' on Google, you can find pages and pages about it. If you look up 'denpressure', you get this site. Like it or not, Flat Earthers needs to be willing to provide more evidence for what they say, because said evidence is not easily accessible.

Do as JRowe has done: he has a whole thread in the information repository that explains his theory. If you'll notice, I don't think I've used the image at him, because I know where to look for the justifications of his claims. You can't refer to 'legitimate FE science' when there are multiple interpretations of what that means and no accessible way to verify your claims.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »
A warning is not a punishment; it is a friendly reminder. 

Vauxhall

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 02:13:28 PM »

You're still here?  ::)

A warning is not a punishment; it is a friendly reminder. 

Please address my points.
Read the FAQS.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 02:21:37 PM »
I did address your points.  Everyone gets a warning from time to time: even I do.  In fact, I got banned last week.  I did not cry about it, though.

Vauxhall

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
So you're just going to let BiBitch continue to post low content posts without any sort of punishment? Sounds like your moderation skills are severely lacking. I am in talks with Daniel right now about your replacement.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »
I did address your points.  Everyone gets a warning from time to time: even I do.  In fact, I got banned last week.  I did not cry about it, though.

Who banned you? Yourself? Or was it Pongo? Next time, can you try to ban each other at the same time so the rest of us can have some fucking FUN?

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
So you're just going to let BiBitch continue to post low content posts without any sort of punishment? Sounds like your moderation skills are severely lacking. I am in talks with Daniel right now about your replacement.

Lies. Daniel doesn't do "talks".

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »
This is a serious forum, Neil.

Vauxhall

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »

Lies. Daniel doesn't do "talks".

jroa is right. This is a serious forum. Daniel and I are actually close friends, and I actually hang out with him in real life. I would post a picture but I'm not sure he'd like that.

Regardless, he is very concerned about your behavior, jroa.
Read the FAQS.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 03:41:15 PM »
Daniel and I are actually close friends, and I actually hang out with him in real life. I would post a picture but I'm not sure he'd like that.

Yeah, just like how you have a dozen PhDs, right?   ::)  If you are going to lie, at least make the lie believable. 

Vauxhall

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 04:21:37 PM »
Daniel and I are actually close friends, and I actually hang out with him in real life. I would post a picture but I'm not sure he'd like that.

Yeah, just like how you have a dozen PhDs, right?   ::)  If you are going to lie, at least make the lie believable.

This is tantamount to slander.
Read the FAQS.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
Whoa, what happened to my responses?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Vauxhall