Technical performance of site

• 2 Replies
Technical performance of site
« on: April 05, 2015, 08:28:12 PM »
Since the admins typically hear only complaints from users, I just wanted to give a shout-out for the recent performance of the site and would like to mention that I like the most of the default configurations that have been selected.

A couple months ago, the performance was so awful that this site could barely be used, and then only with an extreme application of patience; I think the cause was a DDoS attack that seems to have been solved, knock wood! While not perfect (what ever is?) the site has been mostly very responsive since then. I also like the way you can get to new posts in a thread easily with a single click; some other sites I visit don't have this nearly as conveniently set up.

Moderation is kind of inconsistent (to put it mildly) and many of the ideas presented here are totally whack, but, hey, it's The Flat Earth Society, so the latter is totally expected. I've been enjoying most of the banter. So, thanks to all who keep this place running!  :D
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

robintex

• Ranters
Re: Technical performance of site
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:02:30 PM »
Not too long ago there were technical problems with this website. Whatever you had to do or have done seems to have resulted in smooth running. So....From viewers like us. Thank You !

The moderation is still a bit of a problem for some of us, but this is your website and we have to play by your rules.

As a confirmend and experienced "True Round Earth Realist" I find a lot of the postings of so-called "Flat Earthers" to be - using an old quote - " It's so stupid it's funny." I suppose if you took some of the "Flat Earthers" seriously you would be inclined to say "It's so stupid it's sad." But very few of us take them seriously.....Just a guess. Maybe not so.

But don't let that  be any deterrent for you to keep up posting your weird and wacky ways. This website is a never ending source of entertainment for a least a few of us.

I am still of the opinion that there  really are no real "Flat Earthers"  but just a few normally sane intelligent persons who like to come up with most outlandish "Flat Earth Ideas" that they can come up with in their imaginations. If so, my hat is off to you and keep up the good work !

And thanks again for speeding up everything !

I recently did a revamp of my signature line. Plese be informed that no insult to both cities mentioned was intended if anyone takes offense. Just do the substitution.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:07:20 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
Re: Technical performance of site
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
The guest count still stays at a very high level, most of them idling at very old posts, but they seem not to be malicious.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.