[Video] Moon landing faked? Not possible.

• 29 Replies

Dog

• Literally a dog
[Video] Moon landing faked? Not possible.
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:50:30 PM »
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Feel free to discuss, although you aren't going to get very far with something as concrete as this.

Oh and let's keep this topic logical, rational, and devoid of fairy magic. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:02:11 PM by Dog »

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
Re: [Video] Moon landing faked? Not possible.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:53:46 PM »
That video has been posted before. They just ignore it.

Secret pro tip, if you remove the S in https it will embed the video.
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Run Sandokhan run

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 04:06:44 PM »
If you remove the s in sokarul it makes okarul.
Read the FAQS.

Mikey T.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:22:48 PM »
Awesome, Love it

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 05:31:08 PM »
If you remove the s in sokarul it makes okarul.
And if you remove the ir from irrelevant you get relevant.
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:53:45 AM »
*crickets*

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
More silence. Truth hurts when something kills your theory.

Mikey T.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
So to sum up, the video explains pretty well how much harder it would have been to fake the moon landing than to actually perform it and film it.  This coming from someone who knows how filming works now and then.  Yet he must be lying because that would mean we did go to the moon and they wouldn't have a big conspiracy to be scared of. 

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »
this only works if you assume a moon landing is possible. the video's not worth arguing against because it only works if you assume round earth theory.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 12:32:32 PM »
this only works if you assume a moon landing is possible. the video's not worth arguing against because it only works if you assume round earth theory.

You are confronted with two conclusions: the moon landing is either faked or real.  The video presents an argument that faking such a thing would be impossible with the technology of the time and so you are left with the conclusion that the moon landing is real.

If the moon landing is real, then you are left with the conclusion that the moon must be in the place that it is observed to be, and was arrived at after departing a round Earth.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »

You are confronted with two conclusions: the moon landing is either faked or real.  The video presents an argument that faking such a thing would be impossible with the technology of the time and so you are left with the conclusion that the moon landing is real.

If the moon landing is real, then you are left with the conclusion that the moon must be in the place that it is observed to be, and was arrived at after departing a round Earth.

even if it were possible to categorically state "there is no possible way that any of this was possible with state-of-the-art, military-grade technology made by a company renowned for technological advancement," it is just as easy to make the argument "the earth is either flat or round. for certain reasons (see this forum) the earth is flat. therefore we are left with the conclusion space travel is untrue and the moon landing was fake."

the argument takes an untenable premise, and then proceeds to make a circular argument. no one thinks "the moon landing is fake, therefore the earth is flat." the implication goes the other way.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »

And after that you come to conclusion that Earth is round because it's pictured on photos.
Ah, and also. You also come to conclusion that space travel is possible, so Earth is round and FE idea just falled apart.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 02:27:21 PM »
even if it were possible to categorically state "there is no possible way that any of this was possible with state-of-the-art, military-grade technology made by a company renowned for technological advancement," it is just as easy to make the argument "the earth is either flat or round. for certain reasons (see this forum) the earth is flat. therefore we are left with the conclusion space travel is untrue and the moon landing was fake."

the argument takes an untenable premise, and then proceeds to make a circular argument. no one thinks "the moon landing is fake, therefore the earth is flat." the implication goes the other way.

It usually does. BUT, the fact that the moon landing has now been proven to have happened, we can conclude that the Earth is a sphere.
Reasons:
- Photos of the Earth from the moon show a sphere.
- The fact that they made it to the moon means space travel is possible, which means satellites are real (hello DirectTV), which means all of the photos of a sphere Earth from satellites are real.
- There are probably thousands of pages of documentation/data NASA used to perform the missions, based on sphere Earth physics. Zero data showing how to perform space travel on a flat Earth. But I guess NASA is god.......

And it all boils down to the same thing: It is much easier to just gather a bunch of brilliant people, build rockets, test them, and send someone to the moon. Instead of the witchcraft NASA would have to perform to hoax it AND cover it up for decades to come.

Are there conspiracies that have merit? Sure. Does corruption run rampant in U.S. government? You bet.
Is NASA covering up a flat Earth and bending other sovereign nations to their will? Absolutely not. Just a bunch of nerds in lab coats who like space travel.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:30:36 PM by Dog »

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »

even if it were possible to categorically state "there is no possible way that any of this was possible with state-of-the-art, military-grade technology made by a company renowned for technological advancement,"

Its addressed in the video that we as humans were nowhere near the technology level needed. Even the state of the art military grade stuff made by the super crazy secret and powerful NASA that seems to always mess up just when the conspiracy theorist need to feel smart.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 05:48:23 PM »
That video does have a good point, and on top of that the launch of all Apollo missions were public events where anyone could come and spectate and there were hundreds of thousands of people involved in the construction, launching, and operation of the Saturn V rocket, and every one of them would have to be in on the conspiracy if the rocket launch were faked unless they actually built a real rocket and crashed it somewhere or something.  That is definitive proof that the Apollo missions were not faked to someone who believers in a round Earth because why would NASA make a real Saturn V rocket and then not use it?  If you believe the Earth is flat however then you would have to explain how they faked the zero G footage on the way to and from the Moon which lasted for longer then any zero G plane could simulate zero G with today's technology.  Going to the Moon is easier then faking going to the Moon, plain and simple.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 05:49:38 PM »

But I thought flat earthers believed that all of NASA's state-of-the-art, military-grade technology is all just smoke and mirrors.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

You-Are-Wrong

• Getting real tired of the lack of logic on here
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 01:43:40 AM »
There's also a 24/7 live video feed from the outside of the International Space Station. I posted about it a whole ago, but it was mostly  ignored, like this thread.

http://ustre.am/DtB0

There's also the occasional radio chatter if you hang around a bit and wait
"Acting like a spotlight is not the same as being a spot light.  Perhaps you people should learn to study up on a subject before you make yourselves look dumb?" - Jroa
"space occupies several points in space" -JRoweSkeptic

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 03:52:39 AM »
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Feel free to discuss, although you aren't going to get very far with something as concrete as this.

Oh and let's keep this topic logical, rational, and devoid of fairy magic. Thank you.
what a croc. Its already been demonstrated, that you can film in slow motion then project it on to a screen & film it off the screen again in slow motion ,hell you can even multi speed it by filming the projected footage, projected & filmed again.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don'tů:

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 05:38:48 AM »
Its already been demonstrated, that you can film in slow motion then project it on to a screen & film it off the screen again in slow motion ,hell you can even multi speed it by filming the projected footage, projected & filmed again.

I suppose you could project a slow-mo film on a screen and take a slow-mo of that, but why would anyone want to? Even if you had some reason to want to accomplish this, there are much better ways to do it.

Do you have a point here or are you just rambling incoherently again?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 05:50:57 AM »
Everything explained here (time adjusted) : #t=21m06s" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">#t=21m06s
"You have no rational basis for your claim that from nothing nothing comes." JackBlack

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 06:35:48 AM »
Haha, now everybody realises that we wrecked 'em FE'ers!
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 06:51:02 AM »
Everything explained here (time adjusted) : #t=21m06s" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">#t=21m06s

I've just stumbled upon this nice video :
HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">
"You have no rational basis for your claim that from nothing nothing comes." JackBlack

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 06:56:51 AM »

]

This whole video is utter shit and I don't want even to say why, because there is just too much shit.

cheers

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
Its already been demonstrated, that you can film in slow motion then project it on to a screen & film it off the screen again in slow motion ,hell you can even multi speed it by filming the projected footage, projected & filmed again.

I suppose you could project a slow-mo film on a screen and take a slow-mo of that, but why would anyone want to? Even if you had some reason to want to accomplish this, there are much better ways to do it.

The point is , it disproves that clowns  claims.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don'tů:

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 03:36:55 PM »

The point is , it disproves that clowns  claims.

It does? In what way?

Re-watched that video to see if there was something to what you just said. Nope.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 04:42:52 PM »

I believe by watching those videos, I actually lost some intelligence. I got dumber.

If you have anything specific (that you might have found in the videos?), bring them up and I'll gladly address them. But there's no way I'm responding to those idiotic videos.

Mikey T.

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 06:39:15 PM »
I think I have figured it out.  Big number scare these type of people.  They see these huge numbers and cannot make the mental conceptualizations.
Love the ooooh we are traveling yada yada million miles an hour how come something a million times that further away isn't moving away from us.  I guess they have never been outside, or driven with a large building a couple of miles away to their side and wondered why that building isn't moving away, but seems to be following along with them.
Its a failure of reasoning because they want it that way, they are conspiracy junkies.  If there isn't a conspiracy that they are helping uncover, then they think they have no purpose.  Get out, go take some classes, do something worthwhile.  You life isn't worthless, you do not need to imagine yourself as a freedom fighter, battling the big bad government. 

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
I think I have figured it out.  Big number scare these type of people.  They see these huge numbers and cannot make the mental conceptualizations.
Love the ooooh we are traveling yada yada million miles an hour how come something a million times that further away isn't moving away from us.  I guess they have never been outside, or driven with a large building a couple of miles away to their side and wondered why that building isn't moving away, but seems to be following along with them.
Its a failure of reasoning because they want it that way, they are conspiracy junkies.  If there isn't a conspiracy that they are helping uncover, then they think they have no purpose.  Get out, go take some classes, do something worthwhile.  You life isn't worthless, you do not need to imagine yourself as a freedom fighter, battling the big bad government.

Very well put.

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 04:29:56 PM »
That dude is a clown. He must be a Freemason or somethin'. So the chance is there that envelope (from Nasa) that he was jokingly opening, was in fact real.

He doesn't make impression on me with his "I've done photography for many years", because I've done that crap too. And it's way cheaper to fake it than to make it. Certainly in photography. Why the hell do you think all those chicks look so fuckin' great?! Well, I know why, because I've seen them in real, and I also know how Photoshop works. Oh wait, they didn't have Photoshop in those days, well, they didn't have to. :p " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Besides, he spends nearly 1/4 or so of that video bitching about the length of filming in real time vs slow motion, so my question is what the hell difference would it make if you pre-film it in a studio? http://apolloreality.atspace.co.uk/

And here's another one: "As we get further away from Earth, we'll pass through the Van Allen Belts, an area of dangerous radiation. Radiation like this can harm the guidance systems, onboard computers, or other electronics on Orion. Naturally, we have to pass through this danger zone twice, once up and once back. But Orion has protection, shielding will be put to the test as the vehicle cuts through the waves of radiation. Sensors onboard will record radiation levels for scientists to study. WE MUST SOLVE THESE CHALLENGES BEFORE WE SEND PEOPLE through this region of Space." #ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Orion: Trial By Fire (3:03-3:41)

And by the way, Kubrick died immediately after filming "Eyes wide shut". If you've seen the movie and have paid attention, you'll also know why he died.

For diehards amongst us, I'd recommend also this one: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 04:47:16 PM »
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Run Sandokhan run