Poll

Is/Was Barack Obama a good president?

Yes, really good.
2 (13.3%)
Yes, but only because of the alternatives.
6 (40%)
No, not really, but not terrible.
2 (13.3%)
No, he, is absolutely terrible/ is the Antichrist/ Locked me up etc.
3 (20%)
Don't really care/ Am not American/ Don't know etc.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Obama- good or bad

• 20 Replies

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
Obama- good or bad
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:15:05 AM »
Title says it all, really.

Play nice.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Re: Obama- good or bad
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 03:38:07 AM »
He is not an anti-Christ, nor did he lock me up. But he has done everything he could to destroy this country, and he has come damn close to succeeding.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 04:59:20 AM »
He is not an anti-Christ, nor did he lock me up. But he has done everything he could to destroy this country, and he has come damn close to succeeding.

The first was directed at those right-wing fundamentalists who believe that. The second was at the guy who claims to be abducted by "obamaists"

What has he done, exactly? Please explain

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:07:58 AM »
Speaking as a foreigner (British) I think he's still seen as basically a good guy, but a bit of a disappointment as he hasn't done much of what he promised. That's probably not his fault though.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 05:45:34 AM »
Brit here too, but from what I've seen he's generally doing well. Completely oppose a handful of things, but a lot of what he's criticized for isn't his fault, and all things considered he's easily better than the alternative. American politics are terrifying to anyone who's not in America.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:57:56 AM »
Forgot to add - it was disgraceful that he bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia. He shouldn't bow to anyone - not even The Queen - yet he bowed to a theocratic unelected dictator who is the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the world.

I wonder why? ::)
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »
Forgot to add - it was disgraceful that he bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia. He shouldn't bow to anyone - not even The Queen - yet he bowed to a theocratic unelected dictator who is the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the world.

I wonder why? ::)

I think that is the whole point. He is basically an apologist for every sorry country on the face of the Earth. Shortly after he was elected the first time he went on a bloody apology tour for the US. Would Queen Victoria have apologised for the UK? No. You don't apologise for running the world. I am so tired of hearing the bullshit of liberalism. I want a real leader, who WILL run the world, and won't say he's sorry for it. America happens to be the biggest and the baddest country around. If other countries don't like that, they can try to change that. Otherwise, they can STFU and like it!

He is the first American President to actually tell Britain that they should negotiate with the assholes in Buenos Aires about the Falklands, never mind the fact that before 1833 NO ONE lived there, and since then, the only people that have lived there have been British. He is the first American President to actually tell Israel that they should be happy to have a terrorist state on their borders, even though those borders would make Israel nine miles wide at one point between the Jordan and the  Med. Sea. Real fucking brilliant of him. The man has managed to get more people on food stamps than any other president in history. He has managed to put us in more debt than all the other presidents COMBINED!

He's an asshole. That puts it mildly. And I'll just leave it at that.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 08:13:36 AM »
Good.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 07:08:27 PM »
The fact that everyone is screaming at him to fight ISIS, but we're fighting in 2 other places annoys me a bit.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 07:38:05 PM »
The fact that everyone is screaming at him to fight ISIS, but we're fighting in 2 other places annoys me a bit.

How about being smart, and instead of these surgical strikes, simply bombing the bastards back into the Stone Age, and basically killing everything in the territory that ISIS currently controls? Wouldn't that be easier? Just go Dresden on the bastards, no? but Obama is such a Jack-Wagon that he is too incompetent to do his job correctly. It worked with Germany and Japan, it ought to work reasonably well with these Seventh Century A**Tards that are calling themselves the new Caliphate.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 09:21:24 PM »
American politics are terrifying to anyone who's not in America.

Believe me, it's not just scary to those outside of America.  I personally think that Obama is a pretty bad president and I opposed him ever sense he first ran for office 6 years ago.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 02:35:52 AM »

How about being smart, and instead of these surgical strikes, simply bombing the bastards back into the Stone Age, and basically killing everything in the territory that ISIS currently controls? Wouldn't that be easier? Just go Dresden on the bastards, no? but Obama is such a Jack-Wagon that he is too incompetent to do his job correctly. It worked with Germany and Japan, it ought to work reasonably well with these Seventh Century A**Tards that are calling themselves the new Caliphate.

I'm pretty sure that what went down in 1939-45 isn't exactly a model for foreign policy now.
Like the little thing of the Holocaust. And Dresden was the firebombing of a civilian centre.
And it is considerably harder to firebomb desert, isn't it?
That was total war, this isn't. A bit of context shows that ISIL and Nazi Germany aren't in the same position.
But if you want to go out there and fight, than be my guest. And if the soldiers are down with it, then sure.
And (too) many people have died for that s**thole than is necessary.

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 03:54:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure that what went down in 1939-45 isn't exactly a model for foreign policy now.
Like the little thing of the Holocaust. And Dresden was the firebombing of a civilian centre.
That was total war, this isn't. A bit of context shows that ISIL and Nazi Germany aren't in the same position.
But if you want to go out there and fight, than be my guest. And if the soldiers are down with it, then sure.

Why not just leave them to it? If they want a big Shia-Sunni war, fuck em, let them get on with it. It would help if America and Russia stopped arming these lunatics. All we should concentrate on is keeping them out of Europe, and making sure non of them get anywhere near nukes.

?

rerevisionist

• www.big-lies.org = my site.
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 01:53:54 PM »
It's a bit disappointing to read these fanatical and dim comments.  But of course this is the Flat Earth Society.
Big-lies.org includes nukelies.org

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »

Why not just leave them to it? If they want a big Shia-Sunni war, fuck em, let them get on with it. It would help if America and Russia stopped arming these lunatics. All we should concentrate on is keeping them out of Europe, and making sure non of them get anywhere near nukes.

There is no Europe, America or Asia anymore, except in people's head. We're living in the 3rd millenium now. There's only earth. Deal with it!

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »

There is no Europe, America or Asia anymore, except in people's head. We're living in the 3rd millenium now. There's only earth. Deal with it!

What about Africa, antarctica, or australia? Do they still exist?

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 10:50:56 PM »
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
Had this been a normal presidency, I am confident he would have been one of the best of all time. Face on the money worthy and everything.

Unfortunately, his two terms were plague by an entire half of the political process that hates him so much that they would rather destroy anything he tries to do, than actually advance the interests of the American people. And then people whine about he hasn't kept all his promises.

And then I weep for humanity at the (lack of) intelligence of the general US citizen.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 08:03:44 AM »
He got unlucky, it seems. All this violence during his last term.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 10:52:39 PM »
Had this been a normal presidency, I am confident he would have been one of the best of all time. Face on the money worthy and everything.

Unfortunately, his two terms were plague by an entire half of the political process that hates him so much that they would rather destroy anything he tries to do, than actually advance the interests of the American people. And then people whine about he hasn't kept all his promises.

And then I weep for humanity at the (lack of) intelligence of the general US citizen.
This right here! I don't agree with half the stuff he tried doing, but I also feel that compromise and open talks work better than digging your feet in the ground.  And I think that is worse for the country than any policy that Obama brought up.  Unfortunately, this seems the way the next presidency is going also.  Just look at who has already thrown their hat into the ring.