ask me about round earth fact

• 34 Replies
?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
ask me about round earth fact
« on: March 29, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »
in an effort to keep all discussion and refinement of the fact in one place, rather than the multiple threads covering the forums, please direct any questions you have about round earth fact to this post.

if you are unfamiliar with the basic model, it's been stated since the civilization of ancient Greeks, you flat-brain sheeps.

if something has already been answered either in this thread, or the original, i will ignore you as i am tired of having to repeat myself if you add nothing new. further, if i have you blocked, i will read your posts for the purposes of this thread, but i will hold you to this rule far more strictly.

ask away.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: ask me about round earth fact
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:43:22 AM »
If you want I could help answer some questions.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »
this is one of the most intelligently written posts you've done, congratulations.

i have two questions.

first, if the earth is round, how does this prevent fairies existing? it seems to be exclusively round earthers who disagree with that statement, i'd like to know why.
second, what evidence do you have that the earth is round, which is not rooted in observation? (after all, observation and deduction is apparently not enough to establish flatness).
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:56:39 AM »
If earth is round, why is a 2-way ticket from New York to Jakarta cheaper than a ticket around the world?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »
If earth is round, why is a 2-way ticket from New York to Jakarta cheaper than a ticket around the world?

Because more people need to fly from New York to Jakarta and so there are more people buying tickets for those planes meaning that each ticket is cheaper.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 12:04:26 PM »
this is one of the most intelligently written posts you've done, congratulations.

i have two questions.

first, if the earth is round, how does this prevent fairies existing? it seems to be exclusively round earthers who disagree with that statement, i'd like to know why.
second, what evidence do you have that the earth is round, which is not rooted in observation? (after all, observation and deduction is apparently not enough to establish flatness).

First - I see no coincidence between shape of the Earth and fairies which don't exist.
Second - for example - round Earth math is always correct when flat Earth math is giving chaotic results.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »

i have two questions.

First - I see no coincidence between shape of the Earth and fairies which don't exist.
Second - for example - round Earth math is always correct when flat Earth math is giving chaotic results.

did you observe that?
and would you care to give an example?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?
Example? Simple. Think of predictions of phenomenons. If you take a note the Earth is round, you'll do a prediction precise to a second on every point of the world.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?
Example? Simple. Think of predictions of phenomenons. If you take a note the Earth is round, you'll do a prediction precise to a second on every point of the world.

do you observe that predictions fail/succeed?
the majority of round earth math is based on observation. their explanations relate to a round earth, but similar explanations exist on a flat earth, and often the same math will apply. i can use the same equations and rules, and herald that as evidence of aether pulling us down, or of the movement of the aetheric whirlpools. why is it acceptable for round earthers, and not dual or flat earthers?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

the majority of round earth math is based on observation. their explanations relate to a round earth, but similar explanations exist on a flat earth, and often the same math will apply. i can use the same equations and rules, and herald that as evidence of aether pulling us down, or of the movement of the aetheric whirlpools. why is it acceptable for round earthers, and not dual or flat earthers?

If so, give me an equation to predict next eclipse of the Moon based on a flat Earth.

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 12:20:41 PM »
If the world is round, how do you explain sunsets?
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »

Do you mean "if the Earth is flat then how do you explain sunsets"?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 12:23:46 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

If so, give me an equation to predict next eclipse of the Moon based on a flat Earth.

give me an equation to predict the next eclipse of the moon on a round earth, i'll show how it applies.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 12:25:03 PM »

I wanted to write: mikeman! ignore this!

But it was too late...

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

give me an equation to predict the next eclipse of the moon on a round earth, i'll show how it applies.

I told you what to do, so do what I've said.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

I told you what to do, so do what i've said.

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »

Do you mean "if the Earth is flat then how do you explain sunsets"?

No. This is "ask me about round earth" thread.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

You're here handicapped, so you are first to do what you have to.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:40 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

my task should be far simpler for you. you're saying there are equations to predict eclipses which rely on a round earth, and cannot be explained by a flat earth. please demonstrate it: give such an equation. i'm making it better for you as well, because you get to pick the one you think will be the hardest to explain.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:04 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

my task should be far simpler for you. you're saying there are equations to predict eclipses which rely on a round earth, and cannot be explained by a flat earth. please demonstrate it: give such an equation. i'm making it better for you as well, because you get to pick the one you think will be the hardest to explain.

It's not going about whose task is easier, it's about who's first in line, and so are you, so c'mon.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 12:58:28 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

It's not going about whose task is easier, it's about who's first in line, and so are you, so c'mon.

so you can't do it?
thank you.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »

i have two questions.

did you observe that?

Observe what?

so you can't do it?
thank you.

I can do it and I promise I will do it but right after you'll do it.

PS: Take me of 'ignore' list, being on this list each other is rather annoying than normal.

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 02:31:17 PM »

i have two questions.

Do you mind if I ask you something, I'm genuinely not being facetious. What age are you?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 06:42:13 AM »

i have two questions.

Do you mind if I ask you something, I'm genuinely not being facetious. What age are you?

Probably he haven't even gone out of a puberty age, that explains his fancy fairies (wet) dreams.

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
Any RE theorist with any solid proof would be shouting it from the rooftops.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
I did, but the neighbors told me to pipe down and go back inside.

Mikey T.

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
So, since I asked the questions about how you reconcile chemistry without gravity in JRowes thread, I would like you to explain the formation of elements using gravity.
I also would like you to explain the orbits of the planets using gravity.
The third question i have is about satellites.  How do they work and how are they put there?

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
I don't believe the world is flat, but it can't be round because we don't see the zigzag effect. Nobody can explain that.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 02:58:59 PM »
I don't believe the world is flat, but it can't be round because we don't see the zigzag effect. Nobody can explain that.

What's the Cik's zigzag effect?

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »

http://astronomy.stackexchange.com/a/233

Sources:
NASA web pages explaining how these predictions work.
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/reference/explain.html
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEcat5/beselm.html

And yes Besselian values require a spherical Earth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besselian_elements