A massive hole in dual earth theory (literally)

• 19 Replies
A massive hole in dual earth theory (literally)
« on: March 25, 2015, 04:37:50 PM »

How does this "aether" work underwater? See there is this gigantic underwater ridge called the mid-atlantic ridge. It extends from northeast Greenland far beyond the equator into the south Atlantic just West of a place called Bouvet Island. Called the Bouvet triple junction it is where 3 major tectonic plates meet. As this ridge goes south, does it teleport itself into the southern hemisphere? The ridge separates itself at a rate of 2.5 CM per year. Does this mean the separation at the point of the ridge at the equator crosses the magical aether barrier at this speed as well? Does this apply to the tectonic plates as well? Or heck how about someone crossing the equator in a submarine?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:46:46 PM by theearthisrounddealwithit »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: A massive hole in dual earth theory (literally)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »
I don't understand what you are saying.  Are you suggesting that a force cannot penetrate through water?  Please, clarify what you are trying to say for us. 

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:02 PM »
Basically I am asking how aether would work in water. In RET water has a refractive index of n=1.33 meaning it affects the speed of light. If as proposed a constant of n=1.33 can affect a force such as the speed of light then aether as a force would have to be variable (which has not so far been explained how) in order to make up for the speed of expansion of the rift of 2.5 cm/year crossing the equator as opposed to say someone crossing the equator in a submarine at a much higher speed.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:50:37 PM »
I still don't get it.  Are you saying that a force, like say, magnetism, is somehow blocked by water?  Have you ever taken a physics class? 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:57:49 PM »
Are you saying aether is a fundamental force?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »
Are you saying that fundamental forces are the only forces? 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »
Are you saying that fundamental forces are the only forces?
How many forces have fields associated with them?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 09:03:22 PM »
Are you claiming that you know everything about every force in the universe? 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 09:05:10 PM »
Are you claiming to have secret knowledge about an undiscovered force that would win you 10 Nobel Prizes if you presented the secret?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Mikey T.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »
Well, this is interesting.  Are you trying to jroa, jroa?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 09:29:10 PM »
Are you claiming to have secret knowledge about an undiscovered force that would win you 10 Nobel Prizes if you presented the secret?

Are you claiming that I definitely do not have some knowledge that you might not have? 

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 04:52:31 AM »

How does this "aether" work underwater? See there is this gigantic underwater ridge called the mid-atlantic ridge. It extends from northeast Greenland far beyond the equator into the south Atlantic just West of a place called Bouvet Island. Called the Bouvet triple junction it is where 3 major tectonic plates meet. As this ridge goes south, does it teleport itself into the southern hemisphere? The ridge separates itself at a rate of 2.5 CM per year. Does this mean the separation at the point of the ridge at the equator crosses the magical aether barrier at this speed as well? Does this apply to the tectonic plates as well? Or heck how about someone crossing the equator in a submarine?

why would it not?
aether is space. it exists underwater. why would water also not be transmitted?
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 09:25:29 AM »
As there seems to be a lot of definitions wandering around the forum, the obvious question to ask is what actually is aether? How is it defined? Everyone seems to have different answers.
Strictly speaking that's the only question, but I'll add a list of essentially yes/no questions to further aid clarification:

• Is the aether matter?
  • Is the aether present on the Earth's surface?
  • Does the aether think, or influence thought?
  • Does the aether distort light?
  • Does the aether have various thicknesses?
  • Can aether move matter?
  • Does aether cause teleportation?

I know the general opinions of one or two people, but for future reference it'd be nice to know what people actually mean when they say 'aether'. Any details would be appreciated.
1. another state of matter.
2. very, very low densities do join near and on the earth's surface, yes.
3. yes, it exists in the same way
4. yes, as all new mediums do.
5. yes
6. of course, it imparts force and energy, including kinetic
7. in a way. near extremely thick quantities, matter reverts to its aetheric state, and is pushed along. we become matter again once we leave the current. this only happens at the equator.

The above is from the Q&A section where BiJane asked what aether was.  So now, if I understand correctly, aether is space AND matter AND according to Jroa also a force. Are you seriously implying that this aether can have all three properties and interact with everything the same way in any medium, water or air? If so please explain how.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 09:34:55 AM »
I still don't get it.  Are you saying that a force, like say, magnetism, is somehow blocked by water?  Have you ever taken a physics class?

I thought aether was matter, or space.

?

FlatBrainer

• I'm the Truth
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 09:51:32 AM »

why would it not?
aether is space. it exists underwater. why would water also not be transmitted?

if aether is space, how can it be a force?
if aether is space, how can its density vary?
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanislaw Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »
I can personally vouch for Dual Earth Theory. I live on the equator and sometimes I can feel that one half of my body is on the upper Earth while the other half is on the lower Earth.
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:43 AM »
I can personally vouch for Dual Earth Theory. I live on the equator and sometimes I can feel that one half of my body is on the upper Earth while the other half is on the lower Earth.

Is you house right on the equator? Do you teleport yourself from the tv to the kitchen for a snack? Does the food taste different after passing the aether into the living room?

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »

Is you house right on the equator? Do you teleport yourself from the tv to the kitchen for a snack? Does the food taste different after passing the aether into the living room?

I prefer to stay on the upper side. I only go to the lower side to use the bathroom :)
I think, therefore I am

?

FlatBrainer

• I'm the Truth
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 12:24:22 PM »

I prefer to stay on the upper side. I only go to the lower side to use the bathroom :)

i also personally think that after drinking alcohol i'm on that "upper" side, if you know what i mean, haha!
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanislaw Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
As there seems to be a lot of definitions wandering around the forum, the obvious question to ask is what actually is aether? How is it defined? Everyone seems to have different answers.
Strictly speaking that's the only question, but I'll add a list of essentially yes/no questions to further aid clarification:

• Is the aether matter?
  • Is the aether present on the Earth's surface?
  • Does the aether think, or influence thought?
  • Does the aether distort light?
  • Does the aether have various thicknesses?
  • Can aether move matter?
  • Does aether cause teleportation?

I know the general opinions of one or two people, but for future reference it'd be nice to know what people actually mean when they say 'aether'. Any details would be appreciated.
1. another state of matter.
2. very, very low densities do join near and on the earth's surface, yes.
3. yes, it exists in the same way
4. yes, as all new mediums do.
5. yes
6. of course, it imparts force and energy, including kinetic
7. in a way. near extremely thick quantities, matter reverts to its aetheric state, and is pushed along. we become matter again once we leave the current. this only happens at the equator.

The above is from the Q&A section where BiJane asked what aether was.  So now, if I understand correctly, aether is space AND matter AND according to Jroa also a force. Are you seriously implying that this aether can have all three properties and interact with everything the same way in any medium, water or air? If so please explain how.

i endorse dual earth theory, jroa does not, why do you expect what we say to be identical?
my theory has been refined since then. i never said it was matter however, it is beyond matter. space qualifies.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.