Problems with dual FE belief

• 68 Replies

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
Re: Problems with dual FE belief
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2015, 05:58:27 PM »
WAIT, WHAT? TURTLE SEX?!

Reports of my sexual encounter with a turtle have been greatly exaggerated.

Vaux, bro. Did the turtle date rape you?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »
Lol, this thread went sideways really quick

Do you really need to debate whether people can be teleported or not?  ::)

The FE hypothesis is no longer about a Flat Earth once aether comes into play. It is about aether and how it can distort our perceptions of almost everything.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - here the evidence of aether is more important that the shape of the earth as it is the defining mechanism to make everything work.
Especially if the FE hypothesis went from showing the earth is flat, to showing how aether can make the world seem round.
Proof of aether is a really important for those for it, otherwise you only really have an interesting idea.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »
Okay, now I find this. So JRowe invented the dual earth because there were problems with the flat earth? What were the problems he had with flat earth? I couldn't find it in his model. Teleportation, 2 suns, and aether that works exactly like gravity are supposedly better ideas than the ridiculous notion of a round earth, huh?  ;)

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2015, 07:52:51 AM »
Okay, now I find this. So JRowe invented the dual earth because there were problems with the flat earth? What were the problems he had with flat earth? I couldn't find it in his model. Teleportation, 2 suns, and aether that works exactly like gravity are supposedly better ideas than the ridiculous notion of a round earth, huh?  ;)

I think FE'ers are just bored and want to troll and stupidly think. That's why they work really (I actually don't know) hard for their ludicrous "theories" which aren't theories at all, because there is no evidence supporting their ideas.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2015, 07:54:24 AM »

all of that is a result of similar principles. dual earth theory answers problems with the classical flat earth model (circumpolar stars, daylight, flight times), and doesn't rely on fantasy assumptions such as the round earth's dark matter, gravity and air.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2015, 07:56:16 AM »

all of that is a result of similar principles. dual earth theory answers problems with the classical flat earth model (circumpolar stars, daylight, flight times), and doesn't rely on fantasy assumptions such as the round earth's dark matter, gravity and air.

It doesn't explain how aether teleportation works, how's that even possible, what are evidences that teleportation even IS and, ladies and gentlemen, still doesn't prove the aether.
Look - http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63149.0#.VRLMhI5y1co
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
[/quote]

When you say "doesn't rely on," it sounds to me like "runs as quickly as possible in the other direction from, for the sake of avoiding round earth principles simply because they are 'round earth principles.'" Would this be a correct assumption? And did you say air? Oh dear.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:20 AM »

When you say "doesn't rely on," it sounds to me like "runs as quickly as possible in the other direction from, for the sake of avoiding round earth principles simply because they are 'round earth principles.'" Would this be a correct assumption? And did you say air? Oh dear.

i don't use false, unverifiable principles. i use only what we can observe and what i have experience and evidence of, as well as only that which succeeds on making any logical sense.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »
i don't use false, unverifiable principles. i use only what we can observe and what i have experience and evidence of, as well as only that which succeeds on making any logical sense.
[/quote]

Oh yes, obviously. *pats your head*   ;)