What would it take to fake a rocket launch?

• 46 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
What would it take to fake a rocket launch?
« on: March 18, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »
Yesterday I wrote a post about how hard it would be to build a mountain, and I really like that way of doing things so I am doing it again but with a more FET related topic.  FET relies on a huge conspiracy for it to be true, and that conspiracy would have to fake rocket launches.  At first glance it would seem like faking a rocket launch is easier then doing a real rocket launch, but I think you will be surprised.

Kennedy Space Center (KSC) is NASA's biggest space center, it's where rockets like the Saturn V and the Space Shuttle are launched.  KSC has about 15,000 employees, and it's safe to bet that all of them have been in the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) at least once and seen a rocket being constructed.

But that's not all.  NASA doesn't build their own rocket parts, they hire companies to build them.  Acordong to this website, the Saturn V rocket was built by over 20,000 different companies and all the parts were shipped to KSC for assembly into the final rocket.  That is a lot of people that would have to be in on the conspiracy.

The only way I can think that the conspiracy could do this is if they built and launched actual real functional rockets but then crash them somewhere, but why would you do that?  Why not actually go to space if you have a rocket?  If it was all a conspiracy then you would think that NASA would pretend to have a portal to space or something so they wouldn't have to fake rocket launches, because there are just too many people involved in building a rocket for it to be a good move for a conspiracy.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: What would it take to fake a rocket launch?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
to begin with, i suspect they genuinely tried to launch rockets. they weren't prepared for the increased density of aether higher up, however. it's like jumping off a cliff into a pool of water, though it's normally fluid when you hit it hard, it hurts. they'd have discovered that fairly early on when rocket launches essentially crashed into thin air, but didn't want to admit to it (and lose funding), so since then they've been building rockets that would work, if the earth was as you imagine it (it would be suspicious otherwise), and bringing them down out of sight.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 08:56:15 AM »
to begin with, i suspect they genuinely tried to launch rockets. they weren't prepared for the increased density of aether higher up, however. it's like jumping off a cliff into a pool of water, though it's normally fluid when you hit it hard, it hurts. they'd have discovered that fairly early on when rocket launches essentially crashed into thin air, but didn't want to admit to it (and lose funding), so since then they've been building rockets that would work, if the earth was as you imagine it (it would be suspicious otherwise), and bringing them down out of sight.

But then how would you explain commercial launches?  NASA will bring almost anything into orbit if you pay them enough.  There are also suborbital commercial space planes that carry people into space for a short time, I could give you a list of some of those space planes if you want.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:09:50 AM by mikeman7918 »

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:06:13 AM »
I am going to leave this here, it is a youtube search of spacex
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spacex

The guy running the Show, Elon Musk comes from my country and launches lots of rockets into space. And governments are only about half of their clients. They are busy chasing Boeing to complete certification of manned capsuals to get people into space again. His real target is Mars, where he wants to send lots of people.

Read up a bit about Elon Musk and tell me he is a nutter. He essentially took on the US Government over getting contracts to launch rockets into space.
Also, watch those videos, want to see some videos of rockets going to space, there they are.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:10:51 AM by MaNaeSWolf »
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »

But then how would you explain commercial launches?  NASA will bring almost anything into orbit if you pay them enough.  There are also suborbital commercial space planes that carry people into space for a short time, I could give you a list of some of those space planes if you want.

the same. no matter what their intentions are, they're not going to want to admit failure when they hit the aether, they're going to work out a way to fake it. you can't go into space just by paying, only a handful of people are allowed, and they'd want it as a status symbol whether or not it's true.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

SpheresForLife

• Protestant Christian and proud Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 12:28:40 PM »
NASA crashes them into the illuminati Obama mountains when nobody is looking
The Constitution is the guide which I will never abandon
-George Washington

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 01:23:31 PM »
Yesterday I wrote a post about how hard it would be to build a mountain, and I really like that way of doing things so I am doing it again but with a more FET related topic.  FET relies on a huge conspiracy for it to be true, and that conspiracy would have to fake rocket launches.  At first glance it would seem like faking a rocket launch is easier then doing a real rocket launch, but I think you will be surprised.

Kennedy Space Center (KSC) is NASA's biggest space center, it's where rockets like the Saturn V and the Space Shuttle are launched.  KSC has about 15,000 employees, and it's safe to bet that all of them have been in the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) at least once and seen a rocket being constructed.

But that's not all.  NASA doesn't build their own rocket parts, they hire companies to build them.  Acordong to this website, the Saturn V rocket was built by over 20,000 different companies and all the parts were shipped to KSC for assembly into the final rocket.  That is a lot of people that would have to be in on the conspiracy.

The only way I can think that the conspiracy could do this is if they built and launched actual real functional rockets but then crash them somewhere, but why would you do that?  Why not actually go to space if you have a rocket?  If it was all a conspiracy then you would think that NASA would pretend to have a portal to space or something so they wouldn't have to fake rocket launches, because there are just too many people involved in building a rocket for it to be a good move for a conspiracy.

1. Seeing a rocket being constructed does not prove that it gets into space. Nor does it mean that those people are in on a conspiracy.

2. The companies that build components for nasa need not be in on the conspiracy, either. If a company receives an order to manufacture a frame (for example), they will make that frame to a drawing. What happens to that frame once they've completed the order is none of their business.

3. Where the rockets end up (if it's a conspiracy) is an important question, I agree.

4. Maybe those interested in resolving the issue through observation could organise a viewing based on the trajectory of a rocket launch. I'd happily be involved, but, I'm pretty sure I'd see nothing in the UK.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »
It's worth mentioning that NASA engineers also move the rocket to the launch pad and check every system twice, and their work is not done until the rocket leaves the ground when it's up to the many mission control stations around the would to make sure the mission goes well.  There is no point where you could swap out the rocket without hundreds of people noticing.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 01:56:27 PM »
It's worth mentioning that NASA engineers also move the rocket to the launch pad and check every system twice, and their work is not done until the rocket leaves the ground when it's up to the many mission control stations around the would to make sure the mission goes well.  There is no point where you could swap out the rocket without hundreds of people noticing.

Who is suggesting that anything gets swapped?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 02:09:12 PM »

I thought the whole point if the conspiracy was that space program funds are diverted? If they are actually building the stuff and just blowing it up there are no funds to divert!
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

I thought the whole point if the conspiracy was that space program funds are diverted? If they are actually building the stuff and just blowing it up there are no funds to divert!

You are assuming there is no surplus, after construction and associated costs. I find that very doubtful.

$150 billion well spent?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:31:21 PM by legion »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
Indeed it was. A bright light for humanity.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »
$150 billion well spent?

The ISS does more then look shiny and grant bragging rights, there is a lot of scientific research done on there that has contributed to a lot of fields such as medicine and geology.  Also the ISS wasn't just built by NASA, it was built and paid for by a bunch of space agencies working together.  That is $150 billion well spent.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
$150 billion well spent?

The ISS does more then look shiny and grant bragging rights, there is a lot of scientific research done on there that has contributed to a lot of fields such as medicine and geology.  Also the ISS wasn't just built by NASA, it was built and paid for by a bunch of space agencies working together.  That is $150 billion well spent.

Let's not go down that road.

For this thread to be useful, a method of verifying what happens after rockets leave their launch pads is necessary. I was under the impression you were interested in the same thing.

Why don't you 'round earthers' show your hosts how wrong they are?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
For this thread to be useful, a method of verifying what happens after rockets leave their launch pads is necessary.

Here is a long exposure photo of a rocket launch:

And here some uncut videos of rockets from launch to orbit captured with on bored cameras.  Note the roundness of the Earth.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Now let's see what the flat earthers have.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
Let's not go down that road.

For this thread to be useful, a method of verifying what happens after rockets leave their launch pads is necessary. I was under the impression you were interested in the same thing.

Why don't you 'round earthers' show your hosts how wrong they are?

I am a huge Space enthusiast. I am wondering, if all the fotos, videos and personal accounts are not verifying what happens to rockets, what constitutes as evidence?
Because if those sources of information is all fake, then all other sources of information from photos, video and personal accounts should be dismissable too.
I have seen loads of videos and pictures from Flat Earth people, why are those videos and images worth more than the others?
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

ausGeoff

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 10:54:40 PM »
To begin with, i suspect they genuinely tried to launch rockets. they weren't prepared for the increased density of aether higher up, however.

LOL... why am I not in the least surprised that this whack-job has introduced his looney tunes "aether" notion into the very first line of his response?

Can someone ask him what exactly the density of his "aether" is at ground level versus its density at orbital altitude?  I'm betting he won't be able to answer—simply because it doesn't exist, except in his fertile imagination.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
Now let's see what the flat earthers have.

And the flat earthers have nothing, just as I suspected.  Conclusion: space travel is real and the Earth is round.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »
I have yet to see a flat earther explenation for this.  How would NASA fake a rocket launch?

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »
  How would NASA fake a rocket launch?
Something to do with mirrors, maybe?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 11:41:11 AM »

Read the FAQS.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »

You know he was joking right?  Even I picked up on that.

Vauxhall

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 11:56:08 AM »
Read the FAQS.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »

Vauxhall

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 11:59:21 AM »
Read the FAQS.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
Jimmy the Crab is a round earther.

Perhaps there are 10 suns or something.
Perhaps the world is a globe.  That model works perfectly.

As usual you don't even read what the post is about. I was talking about the current flat Earth model with Antarctica being the ice ring.
I did read it, and was merely pointing out the obvious reason why the flat earth model can't be made to work.

Now can we get back to discussing the original topic?  How do you think NASA would fake a rocket launch?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 12:27:16 PM »
Jimmy the Crab is a round earther.

Vauxhall, please stop posting low content in the upper fora.  You know better than this.  Consider this your last warning.  Thanks. 

Vauxhall

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 12:35:18 PM »
Vauxhall, please stop posting low content in the upper fora.  You know better than this.  Consider this your last warning.  Thanks.

Then please tell BiJane to quit posting this picture every other post. I don't see how that it any different. BiJane needs to cut that shit out.
Read the FAQS.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 12:40:32 PM »

Then please tell BiJane to quit posting this picture every other post. I don't see how that it any different. BiJane needs to cut that shit out.

I have told BiJane not to make low content posts in the upper fora as well.  Please, take this to S&C if you want to discuss it further.  This is not the place. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »
Now that that's out of the way, I would like to hear how you think NASA could possibly fake a rocket launch.