Ether Detection Experiments

• 12 Replies
?

earth is a stage

• etheric
Ether Detection Experiments
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:40:35 PM »
Is ether a krazy concept, or is it  suppressed science?   Let us be open minded!

"...An experiment was performed in 1914 by Sagnac in which a light beam was split into two parts. One part moved along a path which was square in shape. The other part moved along the same path but in the opposite direction. The apparatus was set spinning so that, if there were an ether, the two parts of the beam would move at two different velocities. The interfering parts at the termination point would disclose the existence of the ether. And, in fact, that is exactly what happened. Furthermore, there was no strangeness in the magnitude of relative ether velocity. All was as it should have been. Other similar experiments followed which also proved the existence of the ether. There were no discrepancies between theory and results as had been the case with the Michelson-Morley type of experiment.

Unfortunately, relativity by this time was considered to be correct and many reputations (and egos) could be damaged by the disclosure of the existence of an ether. So the Sagnac experiment was suppressed as were all similar subsequent experiments. Einstein ignored Sagnac and his work.

Today, the same kinds of reputations and egos might be damaged, so physicists in general continue to ignore Sagnac. However, engineers use the "Sagnac effect" when they design their navigation systems for transoceanic aircraft, nuclear submarines, and communications satellites. Without this "effect" the navigation systems could not work properly. For more details, see two articles in Volume 7, Issue 39, of Infinite Energy Magazine, one by A. G. Kelly, and the other by the Correas."
by Lew Paxton Price and Herbert Martin Gibson

Here are two papers written by Georges Sagnac:   

http://zelmanov.ptep-online.com/papers/zj-2008-07.pdf   

and

http://zelmanov.ptep-online.com/papers/zj-2008-08.pdf
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:44:59 PM by earth is a stage »

?

Gustav H

• Open-minded German in the land of truth (America)
Re: Ether Detection Experiments
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:57:24 PM »
Interesting. I'd like to see this experiment repeated today.
"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted."

?

earth is a stage

• etheric
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »
Here is a good youtube presentation on a couple experiments. I belive there is a scientific basis for both an ether, and a stationary earth.  If these experiments, (and a few others) had been done in 1620, I think it doubtful the Copernicus revolution would have happened.
I apologize about the man's foul mouth, in the video. He holds to concave earth.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:30:07 PM »
Here is a good youtube presentation on a couple experiments. I belive there is a scientific basis for both an ether, and a stationary earth.  If these experiments, (and a few others) had been done in 1620, I think it doubtful the Copernicus revolution would have happened.
I apologize about the man's foul mouth, in the video. He holds to concave earth.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
The experiment is carried out every time a ring laser or fiber optic gyro is used, which is, like, all the time, since many (most?) commercial aircraft (there are a bunch of these) and satellites carry them, and rely on them for accurate orientation wrt inertial space. They work well, have very high accuracy, and the results in controlled conditions are in line with the values predicted by relativity. These, when held stationary wrt the surface of the Earth routinely detect the rotation of the Earth in inertial space.

Aether is no longer needed as a theoretical transmission medium for light. Until near the end of the 19th Century, many scientists thought light was a compressional wave, like sound, and needed a physical medium to propagate. Even before more compelling (as in, they explain better what we measure) models became widespread, significant discrepancies (like polarization) were weakening the compressional-wave model. The discovery of the electromagnetic nature of light meant that light could not only happily propagate through a vacuum, it also supported transverse waves, necessary for polarization. This, along with the failure to detect the existence of aether, caused the concept to be abandoned. This was well over 100 years ago; the later models work much better. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, many egos were bruised in the process.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

?

earth is a stage

• etheric
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »
"Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, many egos were bruised in the process."

No problem.  What is interesting is that a little guy like me is aware of these experiments,  while you can have trained scientists completely unaware of them.

Would it be fair to say, that if relativity ends up being wrong, that the earth then must be stationary?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:02:15 PM by earth is a stage »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:29:56 PM »
Would it be fair to say, that if relativity ends up being wrong, that the earth then must be stationary?

Yes.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

earth is a stage

• etheric
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 09:56:43 PM »
Here is an interesting article titled:  Electrical Engineer Overturns Einstein’s Theory After 97 Years

It begins:
"Last week the newspapers were filled with the discovery of “impossible” particles traveling faster than the speed of light. A month ago an “impossible” star was discovered and earlier the Pioneer space probes also refused to adhere to the law. This way, the scientific establishment will slowly but surely be forced to return to reality, the reality of the existence of a real, physical ether with fluid-like properties. The inevitable result of that will be that Einstein’s relativity theory will go down in the history books as one of the biggest fallacies ever brought forth by science. In the future they will look back to relativity with equal disbelief as to the “Earth is flat” concept. The relativity theory not only goes against common sense, as Tesla already said in 1932, a fundamental thinking error has been made by Maxwell in his equations. This eventually lead to the erroneous relativity theory, as is proven in this article. It is therefore no exaggeration to state that the scientific establishment is going to have a religious experience.

Rest of article    http://aetherforce.com/electrical-engineer-disproves-einsteins-relativity-theory-the-ruins-of-106-years-relativity/

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »
Here is an interesting article titled:  Electrical Engineer Overturns Einstein’s Theory After 97 Years

It begins:
"Last week the newspapers were filled with the discovery of “impossible” particles traveling faster than the speed of light. A month ago an “impossible” star was discovered and earlier the Pioneer space probes also refused to adhere to the law. This way, the scientific establishment will slowly but surely be forced to return to reality, the reality of the existence of a real, physical ether with fluid-like properties. The inevitable result of that will be that Einstein’s relativity theory will go down in the history books as one of the biggest fallacies ever brought forth by science. In the future they will look back to relativity with equal disbelief as to the “Earth is flat” concept. The relativity theory not only goes against common sense, as Tesla already said in 1932, a fundamental thinking error has been made by Maxwell in his equations. This eventually lead to the erroneous relativity theory, as is proven in this article. It is therefore no exaggeration to state that the scientific establishment is going to have a religious experience.

Rest of article    http://aetherforce.com/electrical-engineer-disproves-einsteins-relativity-theory-the-ruins-of-106-years-relativity/
Nothing new, it's already been posted. Tesla did not disprove relativity. General Relativity is a theory, it can be shown to be incorrect. However, it's not going to be disproved by a website, let alone one like "aetherforce".

Also one just needs to look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagnac_effect to see that, no, ether was not detected.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:28:46 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

earth is a stage

• etheric
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »
I just found out that the man in the video presentation,  seems to be a real kook (though I still like the video) He callc himself Stephen Christ.  I think he claims to be God or something.  lol

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 01:58:18 PM »
If this experiment detected the aether, the Michelson-Morley experiment would also have detected it. Bit of a problem, there.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 02:03:33 PM »
If this experiment detected the aether, the Michelson-Morley experiment would also have detected it. Bit of a problem, there.

No, it just meant

1. either earth is stationary in respect to the aether.

2. or the aether didn't like those guys.

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 03:38:30 PM »

No, it just meant

1. either earth is stationary in respect to the aether.

2. or the aether didn't like those guys.

Undoubtedly the second option, as that's more scientific.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.