Problems with dual FE belief

• 68 Replies

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Re: Problems with dual FE belief
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »
I am not entirely sure who is qualified to debate on this topic? What would the criteria be for someone to be qualified? If we are talking about quantum physics here, would only a Phd in Quantum physics suffice? This should then very quickly become a quiet forum.
However, what I have read so far suggests that there is much speculation going on and little in the side of reproducible evidence (unless I missed the last noble prize winner here)
So I think it is fair to say that either everyone or no-one (barring formal degree in quantum physics/theory) should be able to discuss here.

To logickiller, remember, the burden of proof lies in those who make the claim. And just because they have not provided proof (yet?) does not mean there is no value in their view. If instant teleportation was invented (I doubt it) tomorrow, you will have to swallow your words.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 12:33:32 PM »
I am not entirely sure who is qualified to debate on this topic? What would the criteria be for someone to be qualified? If we are talking about quantum physics here, would only a Phd in Quantum physics suffice? This should then very quickly become a quiet forum.
However, what I have read so far suggests that there is much speculation going on and little in the side of reproducible evidence (unless I missed the last noble prize winner here)
So I think it is fair to say that either everyone or no-one (barring formal degree in quantum physics/theory) should be able to discuss here.

To logickiller, remember, the burden of proof lies in those who make the claim. And just because they have not provided proof (yet?) does not mean there is no value in their view. If instant teleportation was invented (I doubt it) tomorrow, you will have to swallow your words.

I consider someone qualified when they know what they're talking about. LogicalKiller has displayed time and time again that he does not know what he is talking about. This is easy to verify, too. Just read his post above. He claims that teleportation is impossible despite the fact that it has been achieved in labs.
Read the FAQS.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »

I consider someone qualified when they know what they're talking about. 
This is a very broad statement, we could all be in a very large Trueman show and no-one will know what we are talking about.
I think the issue lies more with a general lack of respect of each other in the forums and less of the knowledge people bring to the discussions.

Unless anyone here is producing independently reproducible verifiable evidence of anything, we are all unqualified and speculating. 
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Vauxhall

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 12:56:04 PM »
Unless anyone here is producing independently reproducible verifiable evidence of anything, we are all unqualified and speculating.

I agree with you, but I feel like you should at least keep up with modern scientific findings if you are going to attempt to debate them. Do you disagree with this?
Read the FAQS.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 02:01:20 PM »

I consider someone qualified when they know what they're talking about. LogicalKiller has displayed time and time again that he does not know what he is talking about. This is easy to verify, too. Just read his post above. He claims that teleportation is impossible despite the fact that it has been achieved in labs.

Sorry sir, but I'm clearly qualified and qualified enough to talk about teleportation, because I have a doctor's degree at physics. Can you even read? I said - teleportation in macro scale is impossible. I haven't written that teleportation at quantum scales doesn't exist, because it's just not true. Of course quantum teleportation is true, but it's not a teleportation you would imagine. It has lots to do with quantum entanglement and it's not magical, AND the "teleportation" speed isn't faster than light, AND it can be explained by scientific methods, unlike your imaginary "aetheric teleportation".
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

Vauxhall

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 02:07:22 PM »
Sorry sir, but I'm clearly qualified and qualified enough to talk about teleportation, because I have a doctor's degree at physics. Can you even read? I said - teleportation in macro scale is impossible. I haven't written that teleportation at quantum scales doesn't exist, because it's just not true. Of course quantum teleportation is true, but it's not a teleportation you would imagine. It has lots to do with quantum entanglement and it's not magical, AND the "teleportation" speed isn't faster than light, AND it can be explained by scientific methods, unlike your imaginary "aetheric teleportation".

Sorry sir, but you're still wrong. There is nothing preventing teleportation on a "macro" scale. Atoms can be teleported, which has been clearly shown in these experiments. If atoms can be teleported then a whole human being (for example) could be teleported as well. Now, problems are present when this is considered, like putting the human back together correctly at the destination, but that's really irrelevant as we're only discussion if it's possible or not.

And, please, you don't have a "doctor's degree" in physics. Anyone with that much qualification would be far more coherent and open-minded than yourself. Coming to the conclusion that "macro" teleportation is "impossible" is just plain wrong, firstly, and secondly, it flies in the face of what has been tested and performed in labs. If you knew shit about the subject matter you wouldn't make such baseless claims.

Also, please consider who you're dealing with. I have 6 PhDs. Your imaginary qualifications mean nothing to me.
Read the FAQS.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015, 02:24:13 PM »

Sorry sir, but you're still wrong. There is nothing preventing teleportation on a "macro" scale. Atoms can be teleported, which has been clearly shown in these experiments. If atoms can be teleported then a whole human being (for example) could be teleported as well. Now, problems are present when this is considered, like putting the human back together correctly at the destination, but that's really irrelevant as we're only discussion if it's possible or not.

And, please, you don't have a "doctor's degree" in physics. Anyone with that much qualification would be far more coherent and open-minded than yourself. Coming to the conclusion that "macro" teleportation is "impossible" is just plain wrong, firstly, and secondly, it flies in the face of what has been tested and performed in labs. If you knew shit about the subject matter you wouldn't make such baseless claims.

Also, please consider who you're dealing with. I have 6 PhDs. Your imaginary qualifications mean nothing to me.

Again, you're wrong. If you are too lazy to read more than headline of article presented by yellow-journalists. If you are not so lazy, you can read there "What we are teleporting is the state of a particle". If you are more than average you can deduce that they don't say about atoms. Why? It's pretty simple. Atoms are well-known for everyone, so if these "particles" were atoms, he would say just "atoms". But it was something quantum, for example quants of light - photons. And actually there are some peasants (in UK there's a lot actually) that don't know something, so he said just "particles". And scientists do teleport states of quantum particles, but not atoms. Not yet. It would be impossible to teleport billions of atoms in the same order FOR US, and even for NATURE. So please, calm down, don't get so excited and read more than headlines.
Second of all - I am open minded. But for proved ideas. Your sick imagination isn't more than what it is. You have zero scientific evidences, zero calculations, nothing. As I proved, macro-scale teleportation is impossible. Maybe for next 5, 10 or 20 years we will can teleport single atoms, but teleportating whole nature, like cut-down trees, cars, trucks, people is and will be impossible.
Third of all - my degree isn't imaginary, just you think it is.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

Vauxhall

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
Again, you're wrong. If you are too lazy to read more than headline of article presented by yellow-journalists. If you are not so lazy, you can read there "What we are teleporting is the state of a particle". If you are more than average you can deduce that they don't say about atoms. Why? It's pretty simple. Atoms are well-known for everyone, so if these "particles" were atoms, he would say just "atoms". But it was something quantum, for example quants of light - photons. And actually there are some peasants (in UK there's a lot actually) that don't know something, so he said just "particles". And scientists do teleport states of quantum particles, but not atoms. Not yet. It would be impossible to teleport billions of atoms in the same order FOR US, and even for NATURE. So please, calm down, don't get so excited and read more than headlines.
Second of all - I am open minded. But for proved ideas. Your sick imagination isn't more than what it is. You have zero scientific evidences, zero calculations, nothing. As I proved, macro-scale teleportation is impossible. Maybe for next 5, 10 or 20 years we will can teleport single atoms, but teleportating whole nature, like cut-down trees, cars, trucks, people is and will be impossible.

I've read several articles on this subject and I can safely say that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry if you disagree, but you clearly lack the comprehension skills to understand things. You realize that atoms are made of particles, yes? Protons, electrons and neutrons... all of which have been teleported. It's not my fault you don't keep up with modern scientific findings. If you read some of the articles on this subject you can easily see that a Dutch scientist has teleported an atom 3 meters.

Here is yet another article supporting this.

Now would you like to provide a source that says that teleportation on a macro scale is "impossible", or do you just want to keep talking out of your ass?

When you've isolated the problem that perpetuates your ignorance, please get back to me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:39:00 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2015, 02:46:16 PM »
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 02:50:47 PM »
Nowhere in the articles did it state atoms were teleported.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Vauxhall

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »

There's not much of a difference between the "state" of an atom and the atom itself. These experiments prove that teleportation is possible, and even though teleportation on a macro scale cannot be achieved now... it is certainly looking more and more possible. To claim that it is "impossible" is foolish and unscientific.
Read the FAQS.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »
I have 6 PhDs.

Already shown to be false. One of the PhD's he claimed to have earned doesn't even exists from the school he claimed it was from. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »

There's not much of a different between the "state" of an atom and the atom itself.
Actually there is a huge difference.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »

There's not much of a different between the "state" of an atom and the atom itself.

Yes it should be stated that what is called "quantum teleportation" has nothing to do with what we know as teleportation in SF movies. Matter is not teleported at all, but only information making use of quantum entanglement between 2 seperate particles.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »

I've read several articles on this subject and I can safely say that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry if you disagree, but you clearly lack the comprehension skills to understand things. You realize that atoms are made of particles, yes? Protons, electrons and neutrons... all of which have been teleported. It's not my fault you don't keep up with modern scientific findings. If you read some of the articles on this subject you can easily see that a Dutch scientist has teleported an atom 3 meters.

Here is yet another article supporting this.

Now would you like to provide a source that says that teleportation on a macro scale is "impossible", or do you just want to keep talking out of your ass?

When you've isolated the problem that perpetuates your ignorance, please get back to me.

Actually I'm not ignorant, I've just found out that some Dutch guy teleportated single atom. But, unfortunately, that's not everything. This man seems to be very optimistic, but his thinking is wrong. There's a huge difference between teleportating 1 single atom and a whole structure made of billions of atoms. But the biggest problem is the order and that is what makes macro teleportation impossible. Keeping the order is impossible and so for nature. And still - you haven't yet proved the aether or how exactly the aetheric teleportation works.
Second of all - you all seem so funny. First you say scientists are liars, second you use them to prove your own assumptions (e.g. aetheric teleportation).

Vauxhall

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2015, 03:10:49 PM »
Do not lump me in with other FE'ers. I've made it clear that I'm not one.

How do you know that it is impossible? That's all I really want to know.

Read the FAQS.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2015, 03:12:50 PM »

Yes it should be stated that what is called "quantum teleportation" has nothing to do with what we know as teleportation in SF movies. Matter is not teleported at all, but only information making use of quantum entanglement between 2 seperate particles.

That's exactly what I've said earlier -
Of course quantum teleportation is true, but it's not a teleportation you would imagine.

But if we're saying about photons, then yes, they are teleported completely just because they are an information itself.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2015, 03:13:14 PM »
The issue is this: The scientist did not transport any actual mass 3 meters. He transported information. The mass was already present on both sides.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2015, 03:14:26 PM »
Oh for gods sake - DUAL EARTH DOESNT WORK!

Do you really need to debate whether people can be teleported or not?  ::)

Logical you let Vauxhall wind you up too easily. Haven't you worked him out yet? He likes being awkward!
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2015, 03:17:39 PM »
The issue is this: The scientist did not transport any actual mass 3 meters. He transported information. The mass was already present on both sides.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say to these people...

Logical you let Vauxhall wind you up too easily. Haven't you worked him out yet? He likes being awkward!

Every FE belief doesn't work.

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2015, 03:26:17 PM »

Well of course it doesn't. That doesn't mean we can't try to find a model that fits as close as possible, to make it a worthwhile debate. You take it too seriously. Do you really think Vauxhall doesn't know the earth is round? He's not stupid.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »

Well of course it doesn't. That doesn't mean we can't try to find a model that fits as close as possible, to make it a worthwhile debate. You take it too seriously. Do you really think Vauxhall doesn't know the earth is round? He's not stupid.

Most probably he is a round Earther.

Vauxhall

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2015, 03:37:22 PM »
Most probably he is a round Earther.

Undecided, favoring FET.
Read the FAQS.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2015, 03:39:15 PM »
Undecided, favoring FET.

Didn't your turtle experience convince you?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Vauxhall

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2015, 03:40:55 PM »
Undecided, favoring FET.

Didn't your turtle experience convince you?

I'm starting to think that I was drugged.
Read the FAQS.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2015, 03:52:36 PM »

Didn't you once state that your belief in FE comes from a vision you had in Japan?
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST

Vauxhall

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »

Didn't you once state that your belief in FE comes from a vision you had in Japan?

Yes, and that really happened.
Read the FAQS.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »

So you doubt the turtle sex now, but you still believe that the (probably) drug induced vision you had revealed the objective truth of the world?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »

So you doubt the turtle sex now, but you still believe that the (probably) drug induced vision you had revealed the objective truth of the world?

WAIT, WHAT? TURTLE SEX?!

Vauxhall

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
WAIT, WHAT? TURTLE SEX?!

Reports of my sexual encounter with a turtle have been greatly exaggerated.
Read the FAQS.