Nasa says temperature In Space almost absolute Zero but Satellites still work?

• 15 Replies
Absolute Zero is allegedly -459 degrees Fahrenheit
Wonder how they measure that to begin with.. But anyways point of this thread is how satellites don't ever freeze even though the dark side of Earth has no sun rays hitting it and according to Nasas way of things working the temperature should be nearly zero.

To put into perspective.. During World War 2 the Nazi war machine was basically ground to a halt due to the bitter cold with temperatures below 32 Fahrenheit... Tanks and machinery don't work when it starts getting to subzero temperatures... Now imagine -459 degrees Fahrenheit?? 
This is another sick joke played by Nasa.

Now all the shills will try to come up with fancy explanations how the satellite generates it's own heat or made up things like that.. But fact is electronics or anything else like semiconductors malfunction at such temperatures and the satellite would literally shatter if it was going at 17,500 mph in low earth orbit (whatever that is) as Nasa states
..frozen...and going super fast yet these satellites seem to never stop working!  Haha wow
And on the other end...the temperature reaches more than 2200 degrees in the low earth orbits.... Steel melts at 2000 degrees.. Yet for years and years these satellites operate without a glitch?  Ya sure...
The argument regarding this by the intentional Liars is that there only a few molecules in space so not much heat is transferred... What??  Lmao
The charade never ends... With these clowns...

Not to mention all those far away alleged satellites that are 19.5 Billion kilometers away... Like voyager 1 .  They haven't frozen yet?  Lol

Its in interstellar space (made up by Nasa) but it beams.back data and hasn't frozen and shattered.. Only an intentional deceiver would lie to others about such nonsense even after they have been shown the truth.

GOD made man so special.. And the center of everything... We are so blessed... The signs are everywhere... But the Satan Jinn made of Plasma and his human allies would want us to believe we are some random occurrence that evolved from monkeys.. Jealousy sure does suck... Sorry Humans win

ausGeoff

GOD made man so special.

There's really no point in any of us wasting our time responding to this god-bothering cowboy; proximity to all that bovine excrement can paralyse parts of the brain LOL.

Seriously... anybody who believes in the existence of supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena is very poorly equipped intellectually to debate anything science related.  I'm guessing he also accepts biblical scripture as the literal truth, rather than myths, legends, and lies.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
On Earth things freze because of all that water everywhere, including in the air.  There is no water in space so ice does not form on satellites.

If you knew anything about semiconductors you would know that they hear up when electricity is passed through them, which is obviously how they keep warm.

Satellites don't work without glitches, most sattelites in orbit are no longer functional.

How does speed make thing shatter?  As long as the satellites are not crashing into anything the speed will have no effect on anything.

Why do you think it's so ridiculous that there are so few molecules in space?  By definition space doesn't have a lot in it, it's just empty space.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
GOD made man so special.

There's really no point in any of us wasting our time responding to this god-bothering cowboy; proximity to all that bovine excrement can paralyse parts of the brain LOL.

Seriously... anybody who believes in the existence of supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena is very poorly equipped intellectually to debate anything science related.  I'm guessing he also accepts biblical scripture as the literal truth, rather than myths, legends, and lies.

Nice deflection.  When you can't attack the question, attack the person huh?

Anyways, I checked my allegedly satellite based cell phone last night and it worked just fine.  Seems like conclusive proof the cell phones actually use cell towers and not satellites.

Anyways, I checked my allegedly satellite based cell phone last night and it worked just fine.  Seems like conclusive proof the cell phones actually use cell towers and not satellites.
What?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

This is another one of those, "it seems wrong to me so it must be wrong", arguments. Unlike flat brainers I admit when I don't know enough about something to really have a meaningful opinion. You all have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. A superficial search on google produced the following links.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/524891/satellite-communication/288217/How-satellites-work

http://www.thermacore.com/applications/satellite-thermal-control.aspx

http://www.tak2000.com/data/Satellite_TC.pdf

I don't know why I am bothering, you will all probably dismiss this as being part of a conspiracy. It makes me wonder though, how do you decide what information that you can trust? The information that supports your crazy ideas I would suggest.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Satellites can use radioactive material to keep electronics warm.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Mikey T.

Ok, take it from a computer engineer.  The lower the temperature, the better semiconductors work.  Actually the only near perfect conductors we have are called superconductors.  Basically all superconductors need to be at or near absolute zero to work.  Actually the colder a solid substance is, the better it conducts electricity.  The reason something that conducts electricity heats up is because of the resistance of that material, which increases as it heats up also.  Resistance of the material basically converts the energy of the electricity flowing through it to heat energy since it is not a perfect conductor.  So actually, the colder those computer chips are, the better and more efficiently they work.  Also since space is a near void speed has no impact on the thing flying apart.  No real outside force like air resistance is acting on it.  It is placed into orbit at its orbital speed, more or less, and since it already has its momentum and there is no major friction forces acting on it, it can continue to move at that speed.  Much like if you are in a car going 100 mph, you personally do not feel and resistance to you moving since there is no air resistance on you inside the vehicle. 
As for the temperature in space surrounding the Earth, I will look into what it has been measured as.

GOD made man so special.

He makes a good point about people whose religious views and beliefs make them unable to debate scientifically. Many flat-earth believers say they think "outisde the box" or have and "open mind" well unfortunately there are some flat earth believers whose minds are closed so tightly in their little box that you cannot discuss anything on a scientific level without it being hilariously pointless.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
GOD made man so special.

He makes a good point about people whose religious views and beliefs make them unable to debate scientifically. Many flat-earth believers say they think "outisde the box" or have and "open mind" well unfortunately there are some flat earth believers whose minds are closed so tightly in their little box that you cannot discuss anything on a scientific level without it being hilariously pointless.

He didn't make a good point, he assumed texas guy's belief system and made some ridiculous statement about cow poo.  There might be a good point to make about religion vs rationalism, but it is not present in this thread.

The good points are the points about electrical conductivity improving as temperatures lower, radioactive materials being used to heat up a satellite, and I will add on that empty space is a terrible conductor of heat (why vacuums are used in thermos') and so the only real loss of temperature is from black body radiation.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
Wonder how they measure that to begin with.. But anyways point of this thread is how satellites don't ever freeze even though the dark side of Earth has no sun rays hitting it and according to Nasas way of things working the temperature should be nearly zero.

To put into perspective.. During World War 2 the Nazi war machine was basically ground to a halt due to the bitter cold with temperatures below 32 Fahrenheit... Tanks and machinery don't work when it starts getting to subzero temperatures... Now imagine -459 degrees Fahrenheit?? 

Now all the shills will try to come up with fancy explanations how the satellite generates it's own heat or made up things like that.. But fact is electronics or anything else like semiconductors malfunction at such temperatures and the satellite would literally shatter if it was going at 17,500 mph in low earth orbit (whatever that is) as Nasa states
..frozen...and going super fast yet these satellites seem to never stop working!  Haha wow
And on the other end...the temperature reaches more than 2200 degrees in the low earth orbits.... Steel melts at 2000 degrees.. Yet for years and years these satellites operate without a glitch?  Ya sure...
The argument regarding this by the intentional Liars is that there only a few molecules in space so not much heat is transferred... What??  Lmao

You would even boil in space, if you were naked, because there outside is vacuum.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

ausGeoff

It wasn't intended as a "deflection" in any way.  My intention was to suggest that introducing biblical scripture on a nominally science-based forum is like bringing a knife to  gunfight.  Why should we waste everybody's time by arguing elements of science with someone who inevitably bases their arguments on a mere book of the history of the times, written 2,500 years ago?

This is even worse than flat earthers basing so much of their "science" on Rowbotham's ENaG written only [sic] 150 years ago.  Both books are so entirely useless as scientific references in the 21st century, and should be recognised as such.

Or do you accept this as a logical and relevant scientific comment Pongo, and not intended to deflect the thrust of the thread:  "GOD made man so special...  And the center of everything... We are so blessed... The signs are everywhere... But the Satan Jinn made of Plasma and his human allies would want us to believe we are some random occurrence that evolved from monkeys"?

I also note that you're apparently happy to accept the comments from texasusaguy that we round earthers are "liars", "shills", and "clowns" without any comment?    ::)

GOD made man so special.

What make and model?

Wonder how they measure that to begin with..

is a good start. If you don't know what it means, that's your problem, not ours.

But anyways point of this thread is how satellites don't ever freeze even though the dark side of Earth has no sun rays hitting it and according to Nasas way of things working the temperature should be nearly zero.
It's about 3 Kelvin; close, but not absolute zero.

Satellites are designed to operate in this environment. They don't immediately shed all their heat as soon as they're out of the Sun; in fact, getting rid of unwanted heat is an engineering problem in itself since there's no conductive or convective cooling in space - only radiative, which isn't as effective.

On the other hand, WWII-era military machinery had to have lots of compromises that don't apply to satellites. Thousands of crude heavy-duty moving parts needed WWII-era lubricants - very crude by later standards - to make them function at all in operating temperatures up to hundreds (or possibly thousands) of degrees. Those tanks simply weren't designed to operate in those conditions. Herr Hitler counted on it all being over before it got that cold. It wasn't just the machinery, either; his troops didn't have adequate cold-weather clothing, and a lot of them froze to death. Oops...  Satellites, on the other hand, have relatively few moving parts, and they - and any necessary lubricants - are operating in an environment that's well understood and expected.

Any questions about the answers you've already gotten?

And on the other end...the temperature reaches more than 2200 degrees in the low earth orbits....
When?

Steel melts at 2000 degrees..
You have to heat the steel to 2000 degrees for it to melt.

Yet for years and years these satellites operate without a glitch?  Ya sure...
If ignorance is bliss you must be a very happy man.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

So you obviously have no idea how heat works.
Heat works from vibration of particles passing on to the particles adjacent to them, without these particles, the vibrations cannot pass on. Space is a vacuum, so it contains next to no particles, so heat cannot transfer away from the satellites to make them freeze. Another thing, I see somebody has explained this to you, but you just shrugged it off with a
"what?? Lmao,"

So the only conclusion I can make is that you are mentally challenged, do you need a supervisor? How about a bike helmet?