Obligate aenerobes

• 24 Replies

kman

• Pastafarian
Obligate aenerobes
« on: March 16, 2015, 04:30:35 PM »
If there is no air, why do obligate aenerobes die when exposed to the air?
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Obligate aenerobes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »
Magic!  Either that or the aether doesn't like them.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »

Aether. Yeah, this 6 letters are the most powerful letters in whole alphabet.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »

Are they African-American? JRowe has implied that the aether doesn't like African-Americans.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:13:20 AM »

Are they African-American? JRowe has implied that the aether doesn't like African-Americans.

And aether also think that you're a li'l bitch. Aether is mean!
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 09:17:53 AM »

And aether also think that you're a li'l bitch. Aether is mean!

I know. :(
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 01:29:18 PM »
SHHHH!

THE AETHER CAN HEAR US
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »

using fancy words doesn't make you clever. it's the force applied by aether.

to the rest of you, be serious. the aether is not a racist, it is only obama that it dislikes.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 03:27:55 PM »
The fact that you think that obligate and anaerobe are "fancy words" says a lot. You should know what obligate means if you've ever heard "obligated" and you should have some idea what anaerobe means if you know what anaerobic or even aerobatic means.

Anaerobes do not posses the enzymes that aerobes have that keeps oxygen from turning into the toxic compound hydrogen peroxide. Is it a coincidence that organisms that aren't able to keep oxygen from becoming hydrogen peroxide suddenly die of hydrogen peroxide poisoning when exposed to the air?

Additionally, obligate aerobes don't have a weaker cytoskeleton or cell membrane compared to most anaerobes, so there is no reason to think that they are crushed by the "force applied by aether"

to the rest of you, be serious. the aether is not a racist, it is only obama that it dislikes.

First you tell people to be serious, and then you claim that a force of nature has political opinions.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:38:04 PM by kman »

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 03:28:11 PM »

How it can even dislike Obama?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 07:49:43 AM »
The fact that you think that obligate and anaerobe are "fancy words" says a lot. You should know what obligate means if you've ever heard "obligated" and you should have some idea what anaerobe means if you know what anaerobic or even aerobatic means.

Anaerobes do not posses the enzymes that aerobes have that keeps oxygen from turning into the toxic compound hydrogen peroxide. Is it a coincidence that organisms that aren't able to keep oxygen from becoming hydrogen peroxide suddenly die of hydrogen peroxide poisoning when exposed to the air?

Additionally, obligate aerobes don't have a weaker cytoskeleton or cell membrane compared to most anaerobes, so there is no reason to think that they are crushed by the "force applied by aether"

First you tell people to be serious, and then you claim that a force of nature has political opinions.

i know what the words mean. i suggest you try to keep up. the term is technobabble. for yet another example of that, 'cytoskeleton'. does it make you feel clever?
you seem to be under the impression that we are surrounded by oxygen: those are the only grounds under which your arguments make sense. it's not true, as has been explained to you several times. there could well be a common cause between how well it copes with the normal, aetheric heat conduction, and the hydrogen peroxide case you suppose: the pressure of the aether inside it is the problem. i am not an expert biologist, i can't give you details in that field, any more than you could.

i never claimed the aether has political opinions, i suggest you try to read.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »

How it can even dislike Obama?

It doesn't like phrase mongers, I guess.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »
the term is technobabble. for yet another example of that, 'cytoskeleton'.

It would be technobabble if my words had no meaning and are there just to sound impressive. Cytoskeleton is not technobabble as it is a real thing that totally makes sense in my sentence.
I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. It's not my problem if big words scare you.

you seem to be under the impression that we are surrounded by oxygen: those are the only grounds under which your arguments make sense.

You obviously don't understand my point. Lets see if I can simplify it.
Certain microbes can't stand oxygen. When exposed to the air, they die in the same way that they would die if exposed to oxygen. Coincidence?

there could well be a common cause between how well it copes with the normal, aetheric heat conduction, and the hydrogen peroxide case you suppose: the pressure of the aether inside it is the problem.

It's clear to all that you are just spouting random words.

Oh, so it dislikes Obama as a person? That's not ridiculous at all.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 05:14:39 AM »

It would be technobabble if my words had no meaning and are there just to sound impressive. Cytoskeleton is not technobabble as it is a real thing that totally makes sense in my sentence.
I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. It's not my problem if big words scare you.

you seem to be under the impression that we are surrounded by oxygen: those are the only grounds under which your arguments make sense.

Certain microbes can't stand oxygen. When exposed to the air, they die in the same way that they would die if exposed to oxygen. Coincidence?

there could well be a common cause between how well it copes with the normal, aetheric heat conduction, and the hydrogen peroxide case you suppose: the pressure of the aether inside it is the problem.

it's technobabble when you needlessly include technical terms to make yourself seem clever.

oxygen kills in the same way. it might be hyperconduction that kills them: oxygen is the best way to enhance the breathing process (which imparts heat, which we can tell from observation), despite the fact its a gas. gases, like liquids and solids, are thick, however, so they slow and prevent movement, and so heat conduction.
in pure aether, there's nothing to slow it down: and in the same way, oxygen encourages the process.

the aether dislikes specific traits. it is attracted to itself, i suspect it would also be attracted to or repelled by certain thoughts and impulses. obama is not the only one it dislikes, he is just a high profile example of someone who possesses those negative thoughts.
it is not political, i have heard similar dislike expressed towards republicans.

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 05:54:13 AM »

it's technobabble when you needlessly include technical terms to make yourself seem clever.

oxygen kills in the same way. it might be hyperconduction that kills them: oxygen is the best way to enhance the breathing process (which imparts heat, which we can tell from observation), despite the fact its a gas. gases, like liquids and solids, are thick, however, so they slow and prevent movement, and so heat conduction.
in pure aether, there's nothing to slow it down: and in the same way, oxygen encourages the process.

the aether dislikes specific traits. it is attracted to itself, i suspect it would also be attracted to or repelled by certain thoughts and impulses. obama is not the only one it dislikes, he is just a high profile example of someone who possesses those negative thoughts.
it is not political, i have heard similar dislike expressed towards republicans.

You just used the term combustion -  by your own definition that is technobabble.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Zekaria

• Woohoo!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 03:17:10 PM »
it's the force applied by aether.

oxygen kills in the same way. it might be hyperconduction that kills them

So one minute it's the force coming from the aether that's killing obligate anaerobes, and the other it is heat?  I'd hate to sound rude dude, but are you pulling explinations out of thin air?
How do you know that you know that you know?

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »

Please point to a term I needlessly used

it might be hyperconduction

That's obviously technobabble. "Hyperconduction" isn't a word, and has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

You're mindlessly rambling now. How does heat conduction have anything to do with hydrogen peroxide poisoning?

Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 06:23:44 AM »

So one minute it's the force coming from the aether that's killing obligate anaerobes, and the other it is heat?  I'd hate to sound rude dude, but are you pulling explinations out of thin air?

it's the same thing. heat causes the movement inside us: that's a force.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 06:24:32 AM »

You just used the term combustion -  by your own definition that is technobabble.

i did not say combustion once.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 06:28:06 AM »

Please point to a term I needlessly used

it might be hyperconduction

That's obviously technobabble. "Hyperconduction" isn't a word, and has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

You're mindlessly rambling now. How does heat conduction have anything to do with hydrogen peroxide poisoning?

Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound?

i suggest you read the posts i've made, i'm not repeating myself when you refuse to read.

hyperconduction is a word. hyper-conduction: extreme conduction. conduction of heat, which is what i've been saying breathing is all the time. this is entirely relevant to the topic at hand, as it is the explanation. you can't reject something just because you refuse to admit you're wrong.
oxygen kills them in the same way that pure aether does. this is what i'm saying.

would you care to provide the symptoms of, and examples of, your hydrogen peroxide poisoning, or are you just asserting?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 06:34:46 AM »

it's the same thing. heat causes the movement inside us: that's a force.

You are wrong from the beginning - the movement causes heat, not heat causes movement. That's why absolute zero exists - because there is no movement. If there's a movement, there's also a heat, because heat is the effect of movement.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:48:23 AM by LogicalKiller »

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 06:14:25 PM »
i suggest you read the posts i've made, i'm not repeating myself when you refuse to read.

The only example you've cited was cytoskeleton, which is an actual thing that made sense and expanded my point. If the bacterias were indeed "crushed" by aether, we would presumably see damage to the cytoskeleton and the cell membrane. However, we don't. That is all I was saying. If you want to call the use of big words that you don't understand "technobabble", go ahead.

hyperconduction is a word. hyper-conduction: extreme conduction.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/spellcheck/american-english/?q=hyperconduction
http://dictionary.reference.com/misspelling?term=hyperconduction&s=t

Please link me to a dictionary that has "hyperconduction" in it.

conduction of heat, which is what i've been saying breathing is all the time.

So these bacteria are dying because of heat conduction? Do you have any reason or evidence to believe this, or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

would you care to provide the symptoms of, and examples of, your hydrogen peroxide poisoning, or are you just asserting?

I don't know. I don't claim to know everything, unlike you.
However, if you simply do research, you will find plenty of resources to explain why obligate anaerobes die in the presence of oxygen.

I even found some for you:
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2006-07/1153336296.Mi.r.html
 http://trishul.sci.gu.edu.au/courses/7204BPS/Understanding_Anaerobes.pdf

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »

The only example you've cited was cytoskeleton, which is an actual thing that made sense and expanded my point. If the bacterias were indeed "crushed" by aether, we would presumably see damage to the cytoskeleton and the cell membrane. However, we don't. That is all I was saying. If you want to call the use of big words that you don't understand "technobabble", go ahead.

hyperconduction is a word. hyper-conduction: extreme conduction.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/spellcheck/american-english/?q=hyperconduction
http://dictionary.reference.com/misspelling?term=hyperconduction&s=t

Please link me to a dictionary that has "hyperconduction" in it.

conduction of heat, which is what i've been saying breathing is all the time.

So these bacteria are dying because of heat conduction? Do you have any reason or evidence to believe this, or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

I don't know. I don't claim to know everything, unlike you.
However, if you simply do research, you will find plenty of resources to explain why obligate anaerobes die in the presence of oxygen.

I even found some for you:
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2006-07/1153336296.Mi.r.html
 http://trishul.sci.gu.edu.au/courses/7204BPS/Understanding_Anaerobes.pdf

bacteria are crushed from the inside by the pressure caused by heat and movement. incredible heat conduction is why pure oxygen can kill, which is obvious from common sense given a) increased amounts of oxygen help us breathe, b) breathing occurs to take heat around the body, c) too much heat kills.
you claim that hydrogen peroxide poisoning could not possibly be mistaken for anything under what i'm saying. you have yet to back up that statement.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 09:35:19 AM »
And why is it that those who died of pure oxygen are not burning at fevers of 100 degrees?
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »
And why is it that those who died of pure oxygen are not burning at fevers of 100 degrees?

i suggest you look up the difference between core temperature and skin temperature. in addition, the effect of the extreme heat conduction (caused by pure oxygen) is to stop breathing, and so to stop conduction. they would cool quickly.