Aether is God

• 20 Replies

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
Aether is God
« on: March 18, 2015, 05:23:52 PM »
Aether is unverifiable by common physics. It is only believed as a placeholder for things we do not understand, and has infinite properties. It can:
  • Act as matter, having mass, volume, etc. without being matter
  • Be created in what appears to be an infinite amount by a force that has never been described.
  • Can cause the teleportation of complex cellular organisms with brains more complex than any computer ever built, while retaining all neurological states and signals in the brain going uninterrupted.
  • Allows exact readings from a spectrometer that would give the illusion of nuclear fusion in sun while it is made of a substance that has never been found on earth, and therefore has no evidence to its existence, which proves it false
  • Can form itself into matter with the same amount of aether being required to create a hydrogen atom and a Ununoctium atom, which would be impossible under commonly accepted physics.
  • Is a living thing and is intelligent, though having no central nervous system to cause it to do this.
  • Understand proper English to communicate.
Off the top of my head, and the list gets longer every day. Anything it can't do? Have decent evidence, maybe.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

ausGeoff

Re: Aether is God
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 12:30:27 AM »
Aether is the flat earthers' equivalent of the theists' "god of the gaps".

;D

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 04:59:19 AM »
you can't separate a handful of simple traits into a list of their consequences, and act like that counts as a point. aether:

• splits into many densities, one of which is matter
  • imparts force (both mentally and physically)
  • exists

that is all. your list just gives consequences. the spectrometer situation is only a result of how mediums alters light, for example.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 05:28:53 AM »
you can't separate a handful of simple traits into a list of their consequences, and act like that counts as a point. aether:

• exists

that is all. your list just gives consequences. the spectrometer situation is only a result of how mediums alters light, for example.

- Only matter has density
- evidence?
  • exists
- evidence?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:14:49 AM »
Aether is the flat earthers' equivalent of the theists' "god of the gaps".

;D

I hate Australians, absolutely hate them. They always talk non sense and give us bad artists, Mel Gibson is the only exception. Russel Crowe absolute garbage. And now their latest installment, a talentless hack by the name of Iggy Azelia, a female rapper from Australia, who went to Miami and now she thinks she is hood. Please no more Australian import.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:17:43 AM by New Earth »
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:33:08 AM »
Aether is unverifiable by common physics. It is only believed as a placeholder for things we do not understand, and has infinite properties. It can:
  • Act as matter, having mass, volume, etc. without being matter
  • Be created in what appears to be an infinite amount by a force that has never been described.
  • Can cause the teleportation of complex cellular organisms with brains more complex than any computer ever built, while retaining all neurological states and signals in the brain going uninterrupted.
  • Allows exact readings from a spectrometer that would give the illusion of nuclear fusion in sun while it is made of a substance that has never been found on earth, and therefore has no evidence to its existence, which proves it false
  • Can form itself into matter with the same amount of aether being required to create a hydrogen atom and a Ununoctium atom, which would be impossible under commonly accepted physics.
  • Is a living thing and is intelligent, though having no central nervous system to cause it to do this.
  • Understand proper English to communicate.
Off the top of my head, and the list gets longer every day. Anything it can't do? Have decent evidence, maybe.

You forgot that according to Vauxhall and the Pink Brained Idiot, it can also manipulate the path of light rays so that the relative positions of stars and other celestial objects remain the same relative to each other for every single observer, despite being presented on a planar surface.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Misero

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 11:50:41 AM »
Yes, but you somehow can see no difference between the aether creating UuO and Hydrogen? UuO is much, much, much much denser than hydrogen, does this use more aether to create?

Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 06:16:23 AM »
Yes, but you somehow can see no difference between the aether creating UuO and Hydrogen? UuO is much, much, much much denser than hydrogen, does this use more aether to create?

i don't pretend to know everything about the aether. there's no reason why it wouldn't, but there are multiple densities of aether anyway.

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 08:37:31 AM »
I hate Australians, absolutely hate them. They always talk non sense and give us bad artists, Mel Gibson is the only exception. Russel Crowe absolute garbage. And now their latest installment, a talentless hack by the name of Iggy Azelia, a female rapper from Australia, who went to Miami and now she thinks she is hood. Please no more Australian import.

LOL... totally off-topic, but anyway...

Mel Gibson is an American and Russell Crowe a New Zealander.  But then you seppos were never too concerned with the facts getting in the way of a good bitch session were you?    ;D

And this consistent disregard for the facts, and lack of research explains why the majority of flat earthers are from the US.

From TIME magazine 16 Feb 2014:

"A National Science Foundation study involving 2,200 participants find that about 25 percent of Americans got this question wrong: 'Does the Earth go around the sun, or does the sun go around the Earth?'

When asked that question, 1 in 4 Americans surveyed answered incorrectly. Yes, 1 in 4. In other words, a quarter of Americans do not understand one of the most fundamental principles of basic science. So that’s where we are as a society right now
".

—So I for one certainly don't hate Americans;  I pity them.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 08:43:47 AM »

Mel Gibson is an American and Russell Crowe a New Zealander.  But then you seppos were never too concerned with the facts getting in the way of a good bitch session were you?    ;D

And this consistent disregard for the facts, and lack of research explains why the majority of flat earthers are from the US.

"A National Science Foundation study involving 2,200 participants find that about 25 percent of Americans got this question wrong: 'Does the Earth go around the sun, or does the sun go around the Earth?'

When asked that question, 1 in 4 Americans surveyed answered incorrectly. Yes, 1 in 4. In other words, a quarter of Americans do not understand one of the most fundamental principles of basic science. So that’s where we are as a society right now
".

Whoa whoa whoa.

Australians can be just as dumb.

http://theconversation.com/glum-and-glummer-australia-vs-us-on-science-literacy-results-16222

Also I thought New Earth was some Commonwealther.

Plus I prefer Yank to seppo, or maybe the people that kept the Japanese out of Australia. :P Either or.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »

".

Whoa whoa whoa.

http://theconversation.com/glum-and-glummer-australia-vs-us-on-science-literacy-results-16222

Plus I prefer Yank to seppo, or maybe the people that kept the Japanese out of Australia. :P Either or.

Mate, if you want to debate Geoff on the topic of alliances and such in the second world war, go somewhere else.

But seeing as we've started:
-Most of the AIF was in North Africa at the time, and therefore unable to immediately defend their homeland.
-Australia lost a greater proportion of their pre-war population then the US did in both world wars, which, might i add, the US has always taken its time in entering.
-Australia was vital to the US war effort as a forward operating base for the campaigns in the Pacific, so it was in their best interests to "Keep the Japanese out of Australia"
-Japan never considered an invasion possible anyways

Off topic, sorry

BTW-what is a 'seppo'? I've heard it before, not sure where.

They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »

".

Whoa whoa whoa.

Mate, if you want to debate Geoff on the topic of alliances and such in the second world war, go somewhere else.

-Most of the AIF was in North Africa at the time, and therefore unable to immediately defend their homeland.
-Australia lost a greater proportion of their pre-war population then the US did in both world wars, which, might i add, the US has always taken its time in entering.
-Australia was vital to the US war effort as a forward operating base for the campaigns in the Pacific, so it was in their best interests to "Keep the Japanese out of Australia"

Off topic, sorry

It should be noted I added kept the Japanese out of Australia as a tongue and cheek retort to a slam aimed at all Americans and an Aussie slur for Americans. But to respond to your off topic response:

Reasons for the US doing so are moot, until it was no longer physically possible Japan always kept the invasion of Northwest and Northeast Australia as an option to their war effort. They felt the US could use Australia (correctly) as an operations base in the theater. Furthermore, if the US had not done anything in the Pacific and instead focused on the European and African theaters of combat like some did, then the Empire of Japan would have in the least surrounded, cut off and isolated Australia until you capitulated to Japan as the regional power and heeded their demands.

Either way you see it, as direct intervention on your behalf, or indirect consequences of our actions against the Empire of Japan for our own reasons; we kept Australia a free and productive member of the commonwealth.

Seppo is a slur for Americans, as in septic tank, because "Americans are full of shit" like septic tanks.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 07:11:25 PM »

".

Whoa whoa whoa.

Off topic, sorry

It should be noted I added kept the Japanese out of Australia as a tongue and cheek retort to a slam aimed at all Americans and an Aussie slur for Americans. But to respond to your off topic response:

Reasons for the US doing so are moot, until it was no longer physically possible Japan always kept the invasion of Northwest and Northeast Australia as an option to their war effort. They felt the US could use Australia (correctly) as an operations base in the theater. Furthermore, if the US had not done anything in the Pacific and instead focused on the European and African theaters of combat like some did, then the Empire of Japan would have in the least surrounded, cut off and isolated Australia until you capitulated to Japan as the regional power and heeded their demands.

Either way you see it, as direct intervention on your behalf, or indirect consequences of our actions against the Empire of Japan for our own reasons; we kept Australia a free and productive member of the commonwealth.

Seppo is a slur for Americans, as in septic tank, because "Americans are full of shit" like septic tanks.

Fair enough. eloquent answer.

What started this anyway? Was it New Earth? Who listens to him
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »

".

Whoa whoa whoa.

Off topic, sorry

Fair enough. eloquent answer.

What started this anyway? Was it New Earth? Who listens to him

No problem, to be open and honest I f-ing love Aussies. :P

Probably him, New Earth sucks that way.

Misero

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 12:22:16 PM »
Can we get back on topic? Aether is the like a theistic deity, what makes it different than god? Oh, right, they didn't even write a book about it.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 12:31:30 PM »
Can we get back on topic? Gravity is the like a theistic deity, what makes it different than god? Oh, right, they didn't even write a book about it.

Fix'd that for you.
Read the FAQS.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »
Can we get back on topic? Aether is the like a theistic deity, what makes it different than god? Oh, right, they didn't even write a book about it.

so your contention is "it answers questions, it's like god."
what isn't god in that situation?

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
Can we get back on topic? Gravity is the like a theistic deity, what makes it different than god? Oh, right, they didn't even write a book about it.

Fix'd that for you.

Wrong:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophi%C3%A6_Naturalis_Principia_Mathematica
Only one of the best known books in the history of science.
Also, why can't you spell fixed?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 10:31:14 PM »
Wrong!!!!

Clapton is god!!!!!!

ausGeoff

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 06:09:06 AM »
Wrong!!!!

Clapton is god!!!!!!

Nope.  Lemmy IS god.     :P