if we know nasa fake photos, why trust any?

• 110 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
if we know nasa fake photos, why trust any?
« on: March 11, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »
it is obvious some of the photos nasa gives out are fake. for example, the following, which looks incredibly real and yet would be impossible to have been taken.

so if they give out stunningly realistic images which we know are fake, why blindly assume that the rest of what they say is true?
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: if we know nasa fake photos, why trust any?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »
JRowe.  I am moving this to FE Debate, because I feel that you want your questions answered by RE'ers, not FE'ers. 

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 04:01:25 PM »
Publicity. NASA sees strings of blinking lights in the night sky and go "oooh it's a galaxy i bet let's draw up what it could look like since we have verified that it is there from the blinky lights and say that is what it is lol this is good science". This is basically how NASA conducts their entire operation.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »
Publicity. NASA sees strings of blinking lights in the night sky and go "oooh it's a galaxy i bet let's draw up what it could look like since we have verified that it is there from the blinky lights and say that is what it is lol this is good science". This is basically how NASA conducts their entire operation.
People resident in the US should understand there are many organisations in other countries conducting similar research.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:51 PM »
People resident in the US should understand there are many organisations in other countries conducting similar research.

What?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »
Other than NASA.

What?

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 04:38:59 PM »
It amuses me when I see the idiocy of those who think that NASA's main goal is space imaging.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »

Nope. Only NASA exists. Only they look at the night sky. And if you try to look yourself they come to your house and put cigarettes out in your eyes until you are blind so you can't pick up any electronic device and proclaim that you saw something different up there besides what the NASA company line states is up there.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
it is obvious some of the photos nasa gives out are fake. for example, the following, which looks incredibly real and yet would be impossible to have been taken.

so if they give out stunningly realistic images which we know are fake, why blindly assume that the rest of what they say is true?

Why are you using an image that was not created by NASA for your argument, deceit or ignorance on your part?

It's clearly an image of the Andromeda Galaxy that has been buggered about so that it, quite frankly, no longer looks remotely realistic.

Here's a real picture of the Andromeda Galaxy, taken by an amateur astronomer:

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 07:01:27 PM »

Why would it be impossible to have taken that image?  Elaborate on that.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 03:10:33 AM »

Why are you using an image that was not created by NASA for your argument, deceit or ignorance on your part?

It's clearly an image of the Andromeda Galaxy that has been buggered about so that it, quite frankly, no longer looks remotely realistic.

Here's a real picture of the Andromeda Galaxy, taken by an amateur astronomer:

it's not andromeda. you've just proven a perfect example of round earther gullibility, you find a picture that looks absolutely nothing like what i've given, and insist they're somehow the same. if that's the level of your observational skill, i'm not surprised.

so:

mikeman, are you saying the photo is indeed genuine?
dephelis, please elaborate on the differences between the two photos in terms of quality (not content, as they are not meant to be the same location).

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 04:00:43 AM »
Wow, amateur astronomer took a photo, so what? Does it prove space travel is real? Does it prove NASA is in space? No, it doesn't. It actually suggests that NASA doesn't need to be in space, because you don't need to go there to take a photo of Andromeda. Your argument is meaningless. JRoweSkeptic argues that NASA doesn't have any space telescopes, no access to space, doesn't fly anywhere etc. You're showing us a photo of a galaxy taken from Earth. What does it prove? NASA basically doesn't contribute at all since anyone can take a photo of a galaxy.

dephelis

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 04:49:47 AM »
it's not andromeda. you've just proven a perfect example of round earther gullibility, you find a picture that looks absolutely nothing like what i've given, and insist they're somehow the same. if that's the level of your observational skill, i'm not surprised.

As opposed to so-called 'free thinking' idiocy? If you can not see that the image you posted is an altered version of Andromeda you need to get your eyes tested. 3 seconds in photoshop, scaling, skewing and rotating the second image, shows that they are the same objects. Same dust lanes, same arrangement of stars, same elliptical galaxies above and below. You can even see the edges of the original photo and how it's been skewed, or did you really think that the pattern of field stars would just end sharply and give a uniform black border?

Not only that, but every site that uses the image you've posted refers to it as a picture of our galaxy which is patently not possible. They've used Andromeda as a reference image as it is a grand spiral galaxy that, theoretically, is similar to how our galaxy would look like if we could see it from outside.

so:

mikeman, are you saying the photo is indeed genuine?
dephelis, please elaborate on the differences between the two photos in terms of quality (not content, as they are not meant to be the same location).

Comparing the content is unavoidable as they are the same object. In terms of quality, surely a free thinker with unparalleled observational skills like you, should be able to see the glaringly obvious.

Wow, amateur astronomer took a photo, so what? Does it prove space travel is real?

This is not about space travel.

Does it prove NASA is in space? No, it doesn't. It actually suggests that NASA doesn't need to be in space, because you don't need to go there to take a photo of Andromeda. Your argument is meaningless.

The argument is not about being in space.

JRoweSkeptic argues that NASA doesn't have any space telescopes, no access to space, doesn't fly anywhere etc. You're showing us a photo of a galaxy taken from Earth. What does it prove? NASA basically doesn't contribute at all since anyone can take a photo of a galaxy.

Are you even reading the same thread?

<snipped image for clarity>

This is a blanket argument about NASA photos being fake. Using an image that doesn't look real and that has not been produced by NASA as evidence.  ::)

If JRoweSkeptic want's to argue that the HST doesn't exist and the images produced by it are fake, then he should use an appropriate image. Like this one of the top right area of Andromeda:

http://www.spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 04:55:25 AM »

Dephelis, every thread is pretty much the same. He posted a photo which is not from NASA, so what? The idea is clear. There are many NASA photos which are fake! Not only that, but you don't need to have anything in space to take a genuine photo of a galaxy and still disseminate fake photos. I guess artwork is always more impressive. I am sure you won't get that based on your track record.

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 04:56:26 AM »

I don't know what your talking about.. but ya .. this stuff looks fake as heck . Thank You

dephelis

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 05:04:51 AM »

Dephelis, every thread is pretty much the same. He posted a photo which is not from NASA, so what? The idea is clear. There are many NASA photos which are fake! Not only that, but you don't need to have anything in space to take a genuine photo of a galaxy and still disseminate fake photos. I guess artwork is always more impressive. I am sure you won't get that based on your track record.

So you don't believe in honesty in arguments then? Fine, I'll keep that noted for further discussions.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 05:32:10 AM »
Haha gotta love how the amateur photo from earth looks just as good as what Nasa can provide.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 05:39:12 AM »
Nasa caught Photoshopping Mars Rover images:

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

As expected the shills claim they are due to panoramic stitching overlays, but give me a break....
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 05:56:12 AM »

So you don't believe in honesty in arguments then? Fine, I'll keep that noted for further discussions.

What arguments? Everything is a philosophical debate. None of this matters anyway, as it is absolutely abstract. Neither you nor anyone discussing here has in impact on anything. It is just sharing random ideas on a forum with no special agenda. Do you have an agenda?

dephelis

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 06:15:19 AM »

What arguments? Everything is a philosophical debate.

In logic and philosophy, an argument is a series of statements typically used to persuade someone of something

The argument is unsound, the image is neither by NASA nor is it an image that is claimed to be real and unaltered. Either JRoweSkeptic is ignorant of this or he knows that it does not support his argument and is being dishonest in his representations. Considering the image is an obvious fake, that would suggest the latter conclusion.

None of this matters anyway, as it is absolutely abstract. Neither you nor anyone discussing here has in impact on anything. It is just sharing random ideas on a forum with no special agenda.

Are you denying that the Flat Earth Society Forums have an agenda to promote the FE hypothesis and disprove RET?

Do you have an agenda?

Yes. That an argument be fair and not a gross misrepresentation.

Those last two bits are a bit off topic though, want to start a new thread?

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 06:25:58 AM »

What arguments? Everything is a philosophical debate.

In logic and philosophy, an argument is a series of statements typically used to persuade someone of something

The argument is unsound, the image is neither by NASA nor is it an image that is claimed to be real and unaltered. Either JRoweSkeptic is ignorant of this or he knows that it does not support his argument and is being dishonest in his representations. Considering the image is an obvious fake, that would suggest the latter conclusion.

None of this matters anyway, as it is absolutely abstract. Neither you nor anyone discussing here has in impact on anything. It is just sharing random ideas on a forum with no special agenda.

Are you denying that the Flat Earth Society Forums have an agenda to promote the FE hypothesis and disprove RET?

Do you have an agenda?

Yes. That an argument be fair and not a gross misrepresentation.

Those last two bits are a bit off topic though, want to start a new thread?

Yeah, whatever. What is the point to talk to you if you already know everything. The idea of the forum is to be a forum where people can share their thoughts. The forum doesn't promote anything as anyone can share their beliefs. No one gets banned as far as I know.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 06:39:18 AM »
it is an image that is fake, that looks by your own admission similar to the 'actual' images. it seems an obvious conclusion that the other images could be fake. this is a very simple piece of logic.

honestly, what sets those other images apart? is your argument really a 'because i say so'?

dephelis

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 06:42:32 AM »
Yeah, whatever. What is the point to talk to you if you already know everything.

I wish I knew everything!

The idea of the forum is to be a forum where people can share their thoughts. The forum doesn't promote anything as anyone can share their beliefs.

Welcome to Flat Earth Debate. This forum is for debates on Flat Earth Theory. Opposing viewpoints are, as always, welcomed -- but please keep the discussion serious and intelligent.

This is not the forum you are looking for.

No one gets banned as far as I know.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=53196.msg1303806#msg1303806

Lurk moar.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 06:46:18 AM »
it is an image that is fake, that looks by your own admission similar to the 'actual' images. it seems an obvious conclusion that the other images could be fake. this is a very simple piece of logic.

honestly, what sets those other images apart? is your argument really a 'because i say so'?

Absolutely, there is no way to be sure if an image is fake or not, but some people here pretend they know the NASA images are real. Come on, at least admit they might be fake too. What is this propaganda approach? Actually, some images can be declared fake solely on the basis of the fact that it is impossible to take a photo like that. For instance, a "photo" of a satellite from somewhere in space, a photo of the Lunar module taking off, Europe at night with absolutely no clouds and lights visible all over the place etc....

dephelis

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 06:59:59 AM »

Do not misrepresent my statements.

They both feature the same object, however the one you presented has been geometrically skewed, contrast and brightness and colour balance altered so that it looks different.

Don't take my word for it. Stop free thinking for a moment, go to an astronomical society at a dark sky site and look at Andromeda for yourself.

You won't see the fine detail shown in AstroTanja's image, but you'll see more than enough to know that the other one isn't remotely close to being "incredibly real".

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 08:13:44 AM »

Just gonna ignore that you said he was gullible for thinking that your fake picture was the Andromeda galaxy then getting proved that it was the Andromeda galaxy?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »

It's a totally real photo and you know nothing about how photos from Hubble are edited.

1. There's a black and white photo of e.g. a galaxy.
2. It's colored.
3. They increase the sharpness.

But it's still a real photo.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 09:33:21 AM »
Haha gotta love how the amateur photo from earth looks just as good as what Nasa can provide.

The picture Dephelis provided is not even by NASA, it's from an armature astronomer.  This is the best image of the Andromeda galaxy that NASA has.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »
It's a totally real photo and you know nothing about how photos from Hubble are edited.

2. It's colored.

Hubble sees in color, it's just that images need to be false color when taken at non visible wavelengths.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »

2. It's colored.

Hubble sees in color, it's just that images need to be false color when taken at non visible wavelengths.

False colors aren't black and white. False colors can be defined as coloring an object by types of waves.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans