The Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium

• 547 Replies

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
Re: The Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium
« Reply #510 on: June 24, 2011, 07:59:59 AM »
What's with all the newbs necroing recently?  They seem to actually be lurking!

Also, stick him with the others.

Hessy

• My alts: Edgeworth, any/all spambots
« Reply #511 on: June 24, 2011, 10:10:03 AM »
Please do not bump a thread unless you have something productive to add to the discussion.

frostee

• Official Member
« Reply #512 on: June 25, 2011, 01:48:08 AM »
I think most, both RE and FE believers find this thread kind of ridiculous. The conspiracy definitely requires more conspirators than what is listed in the OP.
Recently religious due to the impending rapture.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #513 on: June 25, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »
I think most, both RE and FE believers find this thread kind of ridiculous. The conspiracy definitely requires more conspirators than what is listed in the OP.

I agree.  And a lot of his reasoning is faulty, too, like with his list of reasons why you wouldn't leak the conspiracy.  The guy who proves that the Earth is flat is suddenly going to need to start working again?

« Reply #514 on: July 08, 2011, 04:57:39 AM »
Quote from: Stapler117
So... why is the earth accelerating? And, with the earth moving upward at 1g, why aren't our legs crushed each time we jump in the air?
An accelerating disc with acceleration 1g would simulate gravity pretty neatly(If there was no original gravity). Your mass adopts to the previous speeds, so you would always feel the same kind of force of 9.8N towards the disc.
Relativity theory.

Quote from: rr332211
All mass attracts other mass.  Earth has a lot of mass, and we don't, so we get attracted to Earth more than Earth is attracted to us.
actually we are attracted with the same force F = -F (Newton's 3rd law: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."). But as the Newton second law states that Force = mass*acceleration.
We get that Earth's mass*acceleration = Person's mass*acceleration, which means that if person has much lower mass, he must have much bigger acceleration to balance the equation.

Quote from: TheEngineer
Uh, oh, you said the magic phrase. 
Gravity makes perfect sense?  Can you explain what gravity is?  I would like to know how this magical 'force' works.
No one has yet understood why mass creates gravity, but we sure know that it does. You do know that gravitational force is not a constant right? It differs by the location on the earth, being biggest at the poles, and lowest at the equator.
The reason is rotating earth. While poles have low centrifugal force, the equator has much bigger centrifugal force, which tries to throw the mass into the space, thus balancing the force of gravity slightly.
It's not a big difference, the earth rotates slowly compared to its size, but it's measurable. The other reason is that the earth is not perfect globe. It's slightly thicker at the equator because of the centrifugal force. Which means objects are farther
from the center of the earth, having slightly lower gravity. (Again very small amounts).

None of the previous are explainable by the flat earth, unless you start to add some mysterious forces to it. Dark energy? We know nothing about it, not even half, what's know about gravity, and you use it in your theories so boldly.
Shame on you for doubting in gravity for minor unidentified properties.

PS The ice guardians are bullshit without even thinking about it. You forget, that whole conspiracy would need another huge amount of people to make the infrastructure work.
Unless your ice guardians are actually eating snow and living in the igloos and their vehicles work on seal fat, they would need a big amount of supplies all the time. And... what the hell are they going to do if you approach the huge ice wall anyway?  You can see it from miles away. You have absolutely no freaking evidence about any part of your theory.

GPS and one person to tell that "everything is just fine"... that just made me facepalm myself.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:32:22 PM by Syntax »

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »
The RE model is quite robust in its predictive abilities.  However, prediction does not imply truth, as can be evidence time and time again even within science and the foundations of science.

However, accurate predictions are usually a pretty good sign that you're on the right track.
What do you base this on?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Hessy

« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »
The RE model is quite robust in its predictive abilities.  However, prediction does not imply truth, as can be evidence time and time again even within science and the foundations of science.

However, accurate predictions are usually a pretty good sign that you're on the right track.

I predict that when I press the power button on my computer, the computer will turn it.  I think power buttons turn things on.  10/10 times, it turns on when I press the button.

Upon further investigation, I found that the power buttons turn things on.

Lo!  My hypothesis was confirmed by my accurate predictions!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #517 on: July 08, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »

I predict that when I press the power button on my computer, the computer will turn it.  I think power buttons turn things on.  10/10 times, it turns on when I press the button.

Upon further investigation, I found that the power buttons turn things on.

Lo!  My hypothesis was confirmed by my accurate predictions!

Nice non sequitur.  I guess you don't have a real answer to John's question, then?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #518 on: July 08, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »

Empirical observations. 

You've never had a power supply fail, have you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Hessy

« Reply #519 on: July 08, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »
A bit semantic, but no.  I haven't (yet...).

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #520 on: July 09, 2011, 12:43:42 AM »

Empirical observations. 

You've never had a power supply fail, have you?
My point was that the only gauge for "the right direction" you use is an increase in predictive power which may not necessarily be tied to an increase in the inherent truth in the model being represented.  For example, Relativity is more accurate than Newtons work.  This does not mean Relativity is by nature "more true" than Newtons work - that remains to be seen.  It could be just as wrong or even more wrong. 

A more obvious example would be in the case of spontaneous generation.  Before people believed salamanders came from nowhere (supposedly for this example.)  Later, they realized they can predict that when a fire is lit they will come out of the fire, supposedly generated from it.  Clearly this is not the case and neither of these are more true than the other.  They are both equally wrong despite improved predictive power.

Hessy

« Reply #521 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:03 AM »
Quote from: Markjo

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #522 on: July 09, 2011, 08:35:42 PM »
Quote from: Markjo
A statement with basis by nature.  There is no way for one to know they are "on the right track" towards truth simply due to predictive ability.  Only that they are on the right track to create models that predict better.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #523 on: September 28, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »
Stickied.

« Reply #524 on: October 03, 2011, 08:34:53 AM »
So 40 people earning 1,000,000 $ each each year for keeping their mouth closed?

Only 40? Only 1,000,000 $ each?

What a completely unzetetic claim! (and so preposterous it is really funny).
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #525 on: October 03, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »
By the way new kid on the block , here's the way it is yes this site is true, yes people have been brainwashed with space pics they can never verify are paintings as they will never, for those who are saying millionaires will be going in space, top elite, and only going as token trips to maintain facade as we are growing, they will be  signing confidentiality wavers , as well ,if so, there will be a massive war that will destroy any nations capability to go to space as an excuse and distraction from the truth it is coming,  during the interim of this apacolyptic war, it accomplishes 2 things, eugenics depopulation a massive distraction after the fait accompli the earth is a ball mass brainwash of 500 years, simply by proving Newton with NASA pics , yes more than 40 people are probably involved but they all have tickets to the underground when the shiznit will hit. No, there will be no mass space flights high enough to see a curve or the finiteness of a sphere, it is an infinite flat plate in constant expansion with other geothermal pockets of earthlike sections of life axcross the infinitely expanding ice sheet between the hot and cold (above) dmensions,  the earth is simply a section of the firmament everything else on this site is very close and on point there will be more briefings, feel free to visit "theNASAchannel on youtube to hear other tricks we have done at NASA to fool the public. I am a chief graphics artist who worked for them and I am now disclosing . Area 51 is a huge graphics department with many sound studio rooms ie "the Jupiter  room" where we have a massive marble rock you know of as jupiter , and we film and shoot it from varying angles when we need to .  The roman empire is alive and well in the word empiricism and in the names of the planets. The image of the earth the one they always show (shadowline across the north of africa taken from the moon missions) is the image of the beast the militaries are all working to patrol the antarctic the last white rung on the Un flag is the beginning of a 360 degree ice wall known as the south pole which stretches around our little earth with the geomagnetic sun rotating on the path of the rungs of the UN flag, in 1984 I believe a south pole science photographer who was only allowed or kept in the main provision and supply points noted the french navy raked a australian  fishing trawler called the "southern raider" with heavy machine gun caliber bullet holes until it sank what was so sensitive at the cusp of antarctica to sink a 173 foot long fishing trawler called the southern raider by the french ? All the navies are patrolling there working togtehr but they are simply following orders, you see this all works because of need to know compartmentalisation of positions in multinational /scientific military industrial complexes.

« Reply #526 on: October 04, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
Cut the crap, will you? You're making yourself ridiculous.

And please make some paragraphs if you want to be read.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »

Do you think you're the first person to say that in this thread?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #528 on: October 05, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
I maintain that this is a silly thread, and ought to be locked and replaced with more reasonable speculations on the conspiracy.

« Reply #529 on: October 06, 2011, 04:28:01 AM »
What of people that claim to sail around the world, travel around it ectra how do they fit into this conspircy?

« Reply #530 on: October 07, 2011, 12:28:56 AM »

And I will continue to ask this question until I get a plausible answer.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #531 on: October 10, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »

And I will continue to ask this question until I get a plausible answer.
Where is the question?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #532 on: October 10, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
It doesn't make sense that the conspiracy only is only stealing money from space programs. As someone else has pointed out they could easily steal that much money through other lies, such as research programs or whatever.
 The truth is the conspiracy so humongous and the space programs are only small part of the total. If you look at the conspiracy in that way, it may make more sense.

God is real.                                         

« Reply #533 on: October 12, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »
I am looking for a more plausible conspiracy theory. The 40 people just don't make sense.

For instance, over 500 astronauts have flown into space (see http://www.spacefacts.de/). are they all part of the conspiracy?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #534 on: October 13, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »
The conspiracy is so big you won't believe it.

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quotes_about/conspiracy
God is real.                                         

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #535 on: October 13, 2011, 10:49:10 AM »
I am looking for a more plausible conspiracy theory. The 40 people just don't make sense.

For instance, over 500 astronauts have flown into space (see http://www.spacefacts.de/). are they all part of the conspiracy?
It's not to difficult to deceive/ buy out/ brainwash 500 people, is it? Come on, you can do better than that.

« Reply #536 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »
It's not to difficult to deceive/ buy out/ brainwash 500 people, is it? Come on, you can do better than that.

Yeah, really? You have any experience/knowledge of that?

And I was merely giving one example.

Here's another one: how many astrophysicists are there in the world? Somewhere around 10.000. So how does the conspiracy deals with all of them?

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #537 on: October 14, 2011, 03:20:18 AM »

Yeah, really? You have any experience/knowledge of that?

And I was merely giving one example.

Here's another one: how many astrophysicists are there in the world? Somewhere around 10.000. So how does the conspiracy deals with all of them?
They all think the Earth is round. They don't have to deal with them.

« Reply #538 on: October 14, 2011, 04:13:40 AM »
They think that the Earth is round, that Antarctica is just a continent because they have scientific evidence.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #539 on: October 14, 2011, 05:26:09 AM »
They think that the Earth is round, that Antarctica is just a continent because they have scientific evidence.
Their "evidence" is based on Round Earth theories, and is thus inaccurate.