If satellites are above in space/why no GPS signal on cell phone during flights

• 9 Replies
When I've traveled in an airplane.. I loose not just calling service but also 'GPS satellite service'...
We are told that GPS comes from GPS satellites...

When I'm traveling outside in the country away from population.. I notice I loose cell phone coverage and can't make calls or get on the Internet on my smartphone... But one thing that always works on the ground is my so called GPS signal... I can still see my Google Maps location live as I drive.
If these satellites truly existed ABOVE Earth. Than while I'm in an airplane flying... I shouldn't loose GPS signal... Yet I do
Its apparent that so called GPS is relayed using terrestrial or Land based or other methods.. Nothing that involves space objects

That's because satellites don't exist point proven...the Earth is flat.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
When I've traveled in an airplane.. I loose not just calling service but also 'GPS satellite service'...

When I'm traveling outside in the country away from population.. I notice I loose cell phone coverage and can't make calls or get on the Internet on my smartphone... But one thing that always works on the ground is my so called GPS signal... I can still see my Google Maps location live as I drive.
If these satellites truly existed ABOVE Earth. Than while I'm in an airplane flying... I shouldn't loose GPS signal... Yet I do
Its apparent that so called GPS is relayed using terrestrial or Land based or other methods.. Nothing that involves space objects

Hahaha, you're trolling? You cannot phone somewhere outside, because not only satellites are doing work for GPS or telephone network, but also radiostations on Earth, you idiot.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

Hold the receiver by a window.  Works fine.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council

You're in a big metal tube, like pointed out already, hold it close to the window and be amazed.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science

Yeah you've got to have clear line of sight to sky for GPS. I wonder why that is?

He's got to be trolling. I thought the US had one of the world's best education systems?
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics

Yeah you've got to have clear line of sight to sky for GPS. I wonder why that is?

He's got to be trolling. I thought the US had one of the world's best education systems?

Not in the south.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

I've flown alot and no cell phones don't work at 30,000 feet.
I already stated in.not talking about the calling or Internet part
I'm referring to the location /GPS function that people like the ones on this thread lie to.others about and show off their great technology.. Ya sure lol

If satellites were real and above me.when.I fly.. Than.I would NEVER loose my GPS location services even if my cell tower connection didn't work

Busted! 

Lemmiwinks

I've flown alot and no cell phones don't work at 30,000 feet.
I already stated in.not talking about the calling or Internet part
I'm referring to the location /GPS function that people like the ones on this thread lie to.others about and show off their great technology.. Ya sure lol

If satellites were real and above me.when.I fly.. Than.I would NEVER loose my GPS location services even if my cell tower connection didn't work

Busted!

Addressed multiple times in the thread.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

ausGeoff

I'd be guessing that they still teach young-earth creationism down on the farm where our John Hayseed resides LOL.

Lemmiwinks

Best higher education, I don't think we are even top 20 for pre k through 12th education.