Why haven't we EVER seen a picture of Eclipses FROM SPACE?

• 186 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: Why haven't we EVER seen a picture of Eclipses FROM SPACE?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »
But we are agreed that being between the moon and the earth in the round-earth model during an eclipse would allow one to theoretically take a picture of the eclipse?

Sure, been done.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »

When I state an authentic video.. I mean the kind we see when honest folk send helium balloons with an HD camera that shows us the whole 360 degrees view of the surroundings...
You do know that you can't just send a balloon into space, right?
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 12:31:04 PM »
When I state an authentic video.. I mean the kind we see when honest folk send helium balloons with an HD camera that shows us the whole 360 degrees view of the surroundings...
Like this?
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Elipser 1 - zbor stratosferic n timpul eclipsei

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
But we are agreed that being between the moon and the earth in the round-earth model during an eclipse would allow one to theoretically take a picture of the eclipse?

Sure, been done.

So you're conceeding this point that you made?

Do you know what an eclipse is?
The moon gets between the Earth and the Sun. how exactly are you meant to take a picture of that while not on earth?

Did you know what an eclipse was?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 03:24:17 PM »

Sure, been done.

So you're conceeding this point that you made?

Do you know what an eclipse is?
The moon gets between the Earth and the Sun. how exactly are you meant to take a picture of that while not on earth?

Did you know what an eclipse was?

Two separate points. I was assuming he was referring to an essentially sideways-eclipse, on the basis that there's no especial difference between an eclipse where the only perspective change is vertical (beyond the distortion of distance/atmosphere, and I'll concede I underestimated the amount, but the general point stands).
I'm happy to apologize for being unclear. I'd hope we're agreed that trying to get a photo of an eclipse from any vantage point other than in line with the Earth is doomed to fail: my unstated assumption was that the other form of photo was meaningless.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 03:34:31 PM »
Agreed, with the caveat of using the round-earth model, of course.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 12:53:31 AM »
Bro.. Do you not have any capabilities to discern real images or videos from fake ones? What satellite took that fake shadow pic?  And MOST IMPORTANTLY why isn't the actual moon and sun being photographed?  What's that fake shadow going to do for us?  Nada..

I know that the first picture doesn't show the actual eclipse, that's why I posted the second and third picture.  By the way, I am pretty sure that the first picture was taken from the International Space Station.

I posted that first picture because I had a suspicion that by "photos eclipses from space" you meant a picture of the shadow cast on the Earth by the Moon because a photo of an eclipse taken from low orbit would look just like one taken from the ground so there is not a point in taking on unless it's a really high quality image from Sun observation probes like the Solar Dynamics Observatory which is what the second two images are.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 02:39:28 AM »
Like this?
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Elipser 1 - zbor stratosferic n timpul eclipsei
This video clearly shows the Earth being flat all over the horizon.... Second.. It shows the Sun casting a spotlight on the ground right below and Earth is still VISIBLE BEHIND the Sun. Now how the hell is that possible for the Sun to be OVER Earth?  Busted

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27:47 AM »
Like I stated human space flight has been going on for 60+ years... Why haven't we ever seen a live video filmed in the 80's from the Russian Mir space station.. Or the satellites in orbit since the 1950s....
Because, at the time, the Soviet Union was a communist state and very secretive.  It wasn't until some years after the fall of communism that the even admitted that the fist few cosmonauts ejected from their capsules shortly before landing.  Technically, this should disqualify Yuri Gagarin as the fist man in space because such records require that the pilot be inside the craft from takeoff to landing.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 07:31:42 AM »
Like I stated human space flight has been going on for 60+ years... Why haven't we ever seen a live video filmed in the 80's from the Russian Mir space station.. Or the satellites in orbit since the 1950s....
Because, at the time, the Soviet Union was a communist state and very secretive.  It wasn't until some years after the fall of communism that the even admitted that the fist few cosmonauts ejected from their capsules shortly before landing.  Technically, this should disqualify Yuri Gagarin as the fist man in space because such records require that the pilot be inside the craft from takeoff to landing.

You can't prove by any means that space flight is possible. This is a totally meaningless debate. It simply cannot be proven. One has to believe in the official propaganda, and only then space flight is real. Other than that it is just fairy tales. Don't agree with? Provide evidence it is real. Do you know at least one person who has been to space?

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »

You can't prove by any means that space flight is possible. This is a totally meaningless debate. It simply cannot be proven. One has to believe in the official propaganda, and only then space flight is real. Other than that it is just fairy tales. Don't agree with? Provide evidence it is real. Do you know at least one person who has been to space?
Well there's the option of viewing/photographing the iss for an example. Ofc when you are dismissing any evidence presented, evidence you would accept can not be presented.

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 08:01:49 AM »

Well there's the option of viewing/photographing the iss for an example. Ofc when you are dismissing any evidence presented, evidence you would accept can not be presented.

I'm not dismissing any evidence. You should explain how exactly filming the ISS would prove the Earth is not flat or that people fly in space. Do you see the people in the video?

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 08:09:22 AM »
Like this?
This video clearly shows the Earth being flat all over the horizon.... Second.. It shows the Sun casting a spotlight on the ground right below and Earth is still VISIBLE BEHIND the Sun. Now how the hell is that possible for the Sun to be OVER Earth?  Busted

Guess what. On 20th of March, this year, there will be a partial eclipse in Poland, I will then show you and you'll say am I CGI-master or normal man, still higher in the hierarchy than a farmer from Texas.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »
Like this?

Guess what. On 20th of March, this year, there will be a partial eclipse in Poland, I will then show you and you'll say am I CGI-master or normal man, still higher in the hierarchy than a farmer from Texas.

In Poland? I am also in Poland. Is everyone here in Poland, wtf?By the way, solar eclipse proves absolutely nothing. I mean, it doesn't prove the Earth is round at all. It just proves the sun can be eclipsed:)

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 08:21:24 AM »
Like this?

In Poland? I am also in Poland. Is everyone here in Poland, wtf?By the way, solar eclipse proves absolutely nothing. I mean, it doesn't prove the Earth is round at all. It just proves the sun can be eclipsed:)

But this topic is going about sun eclipses, so we talk about sun eclipses, because this farmer, that lives in a place with a history of tens of eclipses doesn't accept that sun eclipses do exist!

PS: A mwisz po polsku? :)
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 08:25:19 AM »
Like this?

But this topic is going about sun eclipses, so we talk about sun eclipses, because this farmer, that lives in a place with a history of tens of eclipses doesn't accept that sun eclipses do exist!

Tak, mowię po polsku ale nie o to chodzi :) I am not sure why he doesn't accept that eclipses exist. He probably means that eclipses are not caused by the Moon blocking the Sun but there is a different mechanism behind them. Of course eclipses occur regularly and supposedly the reason for them is quite clear, but who knows .

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »
Like this?

Tak, mowię po polsku ale nie o to chodzi :) I am not sure why he doesn't accept that eclipses exist. He probably means that eclipses are not caused by the Moon blocking the Sun but there is a different mechanism behind them. Of course eclipses occur regularly and supposedly the reason for them is quite clear, but who knows .

He's just a regular Texas farmer, logic from him isn't needed.

PS: Aah, so you're not Polish?

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 08:38:15 AM »
Like this?

No, I am not Polish, but I live here. Anyway, I don't see why you attack the guy so much. He has a valid point. If space travel was real there would be more videos and images from space.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »
Like this?

No, I am not Polish, but I live here. Anyway, I don't see why you attack the guy so much. He has a valid point. If space travel was real there would be more videos and images from space.

Why I attack him? Because he says it with huge convenience, like if it was true. And second of all - he seems boorish.

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »
Like this?

Seriously? There are not enough pics and videos from space? There are more than one person can look at in a lifetime. And no, I did not count.

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 09:30:25 AM »

I'm not dismissing any evidence. You should explain how exactly filming the ISS would prove the Earth is not flat or that people fly in space. Do you see the people in the video?
ISS is a manned space station orbiting the earth - or, there's a global conspiracy covering up that it's actually not. The two are mutually exclusive which was my point, either you sign up for the conspiracy or the earth is round.

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
Like this?

Lol.. SAROS.  I'm glad that you see my simple point while some don't: if we truly have 1,100 active satellites and space shuttles and different space stations from Mir to ISS... Than why hasn't an eclipse been filmed from inside one of these spacecraft with the crew in them?  lol simple

As far as my background... Honestly it shouldn't affect how others view my argument... But fact is I live in Houston Texas where NASA is based. I also had a neighbor just two doors down who was allegedly an astronaut and spent 9 months on the ISS... He and his wife were complete jerks.. Any little thing such as my Sports cars being supposedly loud or me having a house party.. Or my cats.. They always seemed in a pissy bad mood.. This so called astronaut would walk his dog right in front of my house.. 2880 Carrera ct league city tx 77573...  That was my address.. I was renting the house and was only 23 at that time living in a $450,000 house...driving several nice cars including a $100,000 Dodge Viper... I'm not showing off at all I'm not like that...my point is that someone Who supposedly was one of the FEW men in history to go into space and LIVE there...well he didn't act humbled or content about his good fortune.. They were always mad about the smallest things... And  it was obvious they were jealous of someone so young being so successful while he had to work all his life... To be in the house and life he had.... It showed clearly and just made me think how unthankful they were for having had a family member who goes to space...  He lived in the house two houses to the right if your looking at the door to my old house....
as far as me being a farmer lol that's far from the truth... Houston is the 4th largest city in the US.. And so I'm a big city boy...

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »

ISS is a manned space station orbiting the earth - or, there's a global conspiracy covering up that it's actually not. The two are mutually exclusive which was my point, either you sign up for the conspiracy or the earth is round.

There is no way to prove the ISS or whatever you see at night crossing the sky is manned. You could see the object but you don't see any people on it, so sorry, you're making a leap of faith. Jumping to conclusions with no way to verify if you're correct or wrong is not logical. It is cultish.  We don't see the people on the airplanes which fly above us too, but we know the planes are manned because we have seen them up close and we have been on planes ourselves, however, no one can go to space to verify the ISS is real. There are some people who supposedly do, but they don't come here to argue about it, and even if they did I would still demand evidence they have been to space. It is the logical thing to do. If I told you I have been to Antarctica would you believe me without evidence?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »
Lol.. SAROS.  I'm glad that you see my simple point while some don't: if we truly have 1,100 active satellites and space shuttles and different space stations from Mir to ISS... Than why hasn't an eclipse been filmed from inside one of these spacecraft with the crew in them?  lol simple
Hahaha, your thinking is awesome.
"We DO see eclipse by OUR OWN FREAKING EYES, but because "no" satellite made video of eclipse (even though I've seen them but they must be fake, right?), eclipses don't exist!"

As far as my background... Honestly it shouldn't affect how others view my argument... But fact is I live in Houston Texas where NASA is based. I also had a neighbor just two doors down who was allegedly an astronaut and spent 9 months on the ISS...

I know right, my sister was a piloting a REAL chopper in Vietnam, she then jumped off and launched a parachute. In meanwhile, she sniped some gooks.

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »

There is no way to prove the ISS or whatever you see at night crossing the sky is manned. You could see the object but you don't see any people on it, so sorry, you're making a leap of faith. Jumping to conclusions with no way to verify if you're correct or wrong is not logical. It is cultish.  We don't see the people on the airplanes which fly above us too, but we know the planes are manned because we have seen them up close and we have been on planes ourselves, however, no one can go to space to verify the ISS is real. There are some people who supposedly do, but they don't come here to argue about it, and even if they did I would still demand evidence they have been to space. It is the logical thing to do. If I told you I have been to Antarctica would you believe me without evidence?
Anyone here tells me anything I'm likely not to believe it. Elsewhere, if someone says they've visited this or that place, they probably have.

As for the rest of your response - that was exactly my point. You either assume that you're not being constantly lied to by evil conspirators and thus there is a manned space station orbiting earth, or you assume that there indeed is an evil conspiracy that lies to you about everything and that iss is actually a supersonic blimp or whatever fet is currently proposing. An epistemic dilemma.

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 02:12:06 PM »

Anyone here tells me anything I'm likely not to believe it. Elsewhere, if someone says they've visited this or that place, they probably have.

As for the rest of your response - that was exactly my point. You either assume that you're not being constantly lied to by evil conspirators and thus there is a manned space station orbiting earth, or you assume that there indeed is an evil conspiracy that lies to you about everything and that iss is actually a supersonic blimp or whatever fet is currently proposing. An epistemic dilemma.

I see what you're saying, but assuming it is a manned space station requires making more assumptions. Assuming it is fake requires making only one. NASA makes propaganda. It doesn't have to be evil. Anyone knows that propaganda exists. It is just easier to fake the ISS and declare how great we're that we can even fly in space and spend months there doing nothing. The ISS doesn't need to be a blimp, it could be a projection too. Can you prove it is not? I mean, it is a matter of preference whether you believe it is real or not, but in my opinion if someone believes something is real they would really need to have the evidence, while ignoring something as fake is very easy even if you don't have any evidence. Why people require evidence Loch Ness monster is real? No one asks those who don't believe in its existence to provide evidence, right? Why should I provide evidence the ISS is fake? The only thing you have is someone's word and some suspicious pictures. If I actually had a friend who was there I would probably believe him. Do you have friends in NASA whom you can trust?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

I see what you're saying, but assuming it is a manned space station requires making more assumptions. Assuming it is fake requires making only one. NASA makes propaganda. It doesn't have to be evil. Anyone knows that propaganda exists. It is just easier to fake the ISS and declare how great we're that we can even fly in space and spend months there doing nothing. The ISS doesn't need to be a blimp, it could be a projection too. Can you prove it is not? I mean, it is a matter of preference whether you believe it is real or not, but in my opinion if someone believes something is real they would really need to have the evidence, while ignoring something as fake is very easy even if you don't have any evidence. Why people require evidence Loch Ness monster is real? No one asks those who don't believe in its existence to provide evidence, right? Why should I provide evidence the ISS is fake? The only thing you have is someone's word and some suspicious pictures. If I actually had a friend who was there I would probably believe him. Do you have friends in NASA whom you can trust?

How do you know the ISS is evil?
Man, we could land on Moon in 1969, so orbiting the Earth for months isn't a problem too.

ausGeoff

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »
As far as my background... Honestly it shouldn't affect how others view my argument... But fact is I live in Houston Texas where NASA is based. I also had a neighbor just two doors down who was allegedly an astronaut and spent 9 months on the ISS... He and his wife were complete jerks.. Any little thing such as my Sports cars being supposedly loud or me having a house party.. Or my cats.. They always seemed in a pissy bad mood.. This so called astronaut would walk his dog right in front of my house.. 2880 Carrera ct league city tx 77573...  That was my address.. I was renting the house and was only 23 at that time living in a $450,000 house...driving several nice cars including a $100,000 Dodge Viper... I'm not showing off at all I'm not like that...my point is that someone Who supposedly was one of the FEW men in history to go into space and LIVE there...well he didn't act humbled or content about his good fortune.. They were always mad about the smallest things... And  it was obvious they were jealous of someone so young being so successful while he had to work all his life... To be in the house and life he had.... It showed clearly and just made me think how unthankful they were for having had a family member who goes to space...  He lived in the house two houses to the right if your looking at the door to my old house....
as far as me being a farmer lol that's far from the truth... Houston is the 4th largest city in the US.. And so I'm a big city boy...

LOL... so little John Hayseed now attempts to prove he's not an inveterate liar by posting a plethora of obvious lies?

Yeah... that's sure gonna work out well.

;D    ;D    ;D

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »

How do you know the ISS is evil?
Man, we could land on Moon in 1969, so orbiting the Earth for months isn't a problem too.

Can you read? I never said anything like that. You didn't land on any Moon, so stop acting like you did. We!?!? Who is that? You and your friends? If orbiting the Earth is not a problem go for it. I want to see you orbiting the Earth for a single day. You're talking out of your a..

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2015, 02:41:03 PM »

LOL... so little John Hayseed now attempts to prove he's not an inveterate liar by posting a plethora of obvious lies?

Yeah... that's sure gonna work out well.

;D    ;D    ;D

I've even written a special post about this bullshit - "I know right, my sister was a piloting a REAL chopper in Vietnam, she then jumped off and launched a parachute. In meanwhile, she sniped some gooks.".