Questions that might destroy your funny theory

• 47 Replies
?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
Questions that might destroy your funny theory
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »
1. How can Earth be flat if other astronomical objects with a diameter bigger than few hundreds of kilometers are round? And please, don't tell me that Earth is "another kind" of object, because it's not. Earth is based on the same things as for example Mars, Jupiter, WASP-12b and so on.

2. If Earth is flat, how then can you go to north pole starting from north pole through the south pole?

3. How can the seasons and changes in sunbeams trajectory exist if the Earth is flat? Please, Sun isn't 2000 km from Earth, everybody knows that using simplest mathematics.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: Questions that might destroy your funny theory
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
for 1 and 3 i refer you to my faq.
seasons change when the sun moves closer and further from the central pole.

2 is not confirmed as possible, people usually circumnavigate. if it can be confirmed, i offer one possible explanation under 'speculation' in my faq.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »

2 is not confirmed as possible, people usually circumnavigate. if it can be confirmed, i offer one possible explanation under 'speculation' in my faq.

I don't know where is your faq, If I find it I'll simply answer you.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »

I don't know where is your faq, If I find it I'll simply answer you.

my signature.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
my signature.

I can't enter the site, it's showing me the "invalid session" title. Could you copy/paste it there?

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 01:40:59 PM »
Jrowe, your link is broken. I've tried to access it myself with no luck.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:44:24 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 01:44:09 PM »
fixed, i think. i think i pasted the wrong link before.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »

Can I just disprove your "FAQ"?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »

I don't understand the question.

Can you?
Read the FAQS.

Mikey T.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »
Just don't do it in his FAQ thread, debate him in this forum not in the information one.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 02:33:47 PM »

Ok, so first off...
Your FAQ is wrong.
Second off - I will prove it right now.

"this is a sphere, and yet no flat surfaces exist on a sphere" - Because in fact on our planet no thing that "lies" on the ground is flat, it seems, but it doesn't.

"We also acknowledge the fact that all matter is accelerating. [...] If you have matter accelerating, however, it cannot form a sphere." - It's not a matter accelerating, but a space. The most basic thing you (i think) don't understand. And if it's a space accelerating, we have then no problem.

Aether thingies - you're doing it wrong, because you're supposing it on flat Earth that you haven't yet proved.

"planets look the same as stars when seen with the naked eye (absurd if they are just rock or unlit gas). The moon glows too brightly to be just a rock." - That's because of atmosphere, amount of light and materials that these objects are made of. Photons are "bouncing" off the objects and then going straight towards our eyes. If it's too distant, we can't see more than a light and it's obvious. Objects in our system aren't black holes, so they can't "eat" light. Photons just bounce off and go into our eyes. Simple. And. Moon has a little bit of a almost white dust on it, so it easily reflects light. I'm sorry to say that, but you all flat-earthers with your "proves" sound kinda like medieval priests.

"sun's rays are always facing downward" - There are no directions in space. If you turn your head you'll say that sun's rays are facing upwards.

"Around the earth is an ice wall." - Sorry, but no evidence I see for it and even no ice wall I see. I was at the south pole twice, it's not hard to go there. The thing is that actually only few want to go there, because it is... pretty boring out there. For real, the pretty only thing we had to do is to drink whisky and simply live.

"There is no such thing as air." - So if there's no air, gases like nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, neon, helium and methane don't exist? Are you serious? Even the fact that we can condense the air proves the air existence.

"Fire does not require oxygen. [...] Fire requires motion, like all heat." - No. Fire requires oxygen, without it it simply doesn't shows up. If oxygen weren't needed for a fire, then it would have shown up in space.

I see that you pretty much every time put "aether" instead of "air". Why do you want to think that planes just fly to proper whirlpool instead of thinking that they're just making a lift power using an air flowing through the wings? Aircrafts are made in "air" way, not in irrational "aether" way.

cheers

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 02:44:05 PM »
LogicalKiller. Believe me, all these points and more have been raised, resulting in like 20 pages of debate with more and more illogical answers.

The thing is, for the people that really believe in a flat earth, it's like faith. Sure, you can debate it, but can't disprove someone's faith. After all, faith doesn't need evidence or logic.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 02:48:38 PM »
LogicalKiller. Believe me, all these points and more have been raised, resulting in like 20 pages of debate with more and more illogical answers.

The thing is, for the people that really believe in a flat earth, it's like faith. Sure, you can debate it, but can't disprove someone's faith. After all, faith doesn't need evidence or logic.

I'm most sad about fact that pretty no one gave that clear, transparent comment.
BTW: 'debate] - Hahahahah, this discussion doesn't seem as a debate at all, it's rather like a talk between a Texas conservative farmer and a NORMAL person.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:54:57 PM by LogicalKiller »

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »

I'm most sad about fact that pretty no one gave that clear, transparent comment.
BTW: 'debate] - Hahahahah, this discussion doesn't seem as a debate at all, it's rather like a talk between a Texas conservative farmer and a NORMAL person.

That's a very good analogy. It reminds me very much of Richard Dawkins debating with fundamental Christians - Dawkins always comes out on top, but he doesn't change the views of the Christians.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 03:10:08 PM »

That's a very good analogy. It reminds me very much of Richard Dawkins debating with fundamental Christians - Dawkins always comes out on top, but he doesn't change the views of the Christians.

Except it's a poor analogy because most of the FE'ers on here only pretend to believe it.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 03:21:31 PM »
Except it's a poor analogy because most of the FE'ers on here only pretend to believe it.

So you say that most of the people on this website are RE'ers?

?

Weatherwax

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »
Have a look around, ask some questions, you can make your own mind up as to whether anyone really believes it.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »

The FAQ should be renamed WAG.  When any one refers to problems in the FAQ you FETers respond by saying that there is no agreement on the theories in the FAQ and that it is not meant to be taken as the actual FET theory.  The FAQ is pure BS, it is meaningless to refer to it.

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 05:29:50 AM »

Yes. There's literally about three people who are mentally tilted enough to really think the earth is flat (and they almost never post here) and the rest are a bunch of fifteen-year-olds who like to laugh at people they've fooled into thinking they really believe it. The aim of most of their posts is to generate outraged anger from the RE side, at which they gleefully giggle and high five their own penises.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 05:48:01 AM »

Yes. There's literally about three people who are mentally tilted enough to really think the earth is flat (and they almost never post here) and the rest are a bunch of fifteen-year-olds who like to laugh at people they've fooled into thinking they really believe it. The aim of most of their posts is to generate outraged anger from the RE side, at which they gleefully giggle and high five their own penises.

Who's really not a flat Earther? JRowe? Jroa? Ciji-something? For now only these people were claiming they are FE'ers.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 05:56:21 AM »
Dinosaur Neil believes that the Earth is a toroid and is only here to train wreck any meaningful discussion that might be going on. 

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 06:02:52 AM »
Dinosaur Neil believes that the Earth is a toroid and is only here to train wreck any meaningful discussion that might be going on.

So you two here are... special... In negative way ofc.

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 06:17:51 AM »

No, I'm here to disprove FET, because it's cobblers. It can't be true because the earth is a toroid.

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 06:19:06 AM »

Who's really not a flat Earther? JRowe? Jroa? Ciji-something? For now only these people were claiming they are FE'ers.

The real flat earthers are Sandokhan, Bullhorn and hoppy. All the others are claiming falsely.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 06:28:01 AM »

The real flat earthers are Sandokhan, Bullhorn and hoppy. All the others are claiming falsely.

First off - the Earth is not toroid.
Second off - isn't Tausami a real flat earther?

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 06:52:44 AM »

Tausami? Good grief man, of course not! I strongly suspect him of being Vauxhall under another name anyway. They both love aetheric whirlpools.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 06:58:32 AM »

Tausami? Good grief man, of course not! I strongly suspect him of being Vauxhall under another name anyway. They both love aetheric whirlpools.

So I see every fake flat earther do.

ausGeoff

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 07:19:20 AM »

Your nonsensical "FAQ" is nothing more than a ludicrous collection of pseudo-scientific factoids unsupported by any empirical evidence.  It also presents no accredited scientific references, or anything other than your silly guesses and hare-brained notions about a lot of stuff you have zero understanding of.

Normally, an FAQ attempts to enumerate and provide viable answers to questions raised by interested parties.  On the other hand, your FAQ reads like a cross between a Monty Python script and a Flash Gordon comic book.

I can only suggest that people avoid wasting any time wading through reams of imaginative but ultimately boring fantasy;  I'd suggest Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" series as a far more enlightening experience.  There's also more likelihood of Pratchett's work containing a few elements of truth as a bonus—in comparison with JRoweSkeptic's fiction.

;D

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 08:42:44 AM »

you did not refute my faq, you made a list of multiple assertions and nothing else. you argue "oh, everything says it's flat, but it's not!" and neglect a basic tenet of round earther fantasy, that everything is accelerating. if you want to reject your science, go ahead, but that makes my point for me too.
then the rest of what you say is based on asserting a round earth with no basis.
gases do exist, air does not. if you aren't even going to read the faq, don't respond. don't be like ausgeoff.