if Earth is Round And flat(obloid) on north pole sun should remain stationary

• 10 Replies
This proves definitely that Earth is not round it's flat..
Round Earthers say Earth is an obloid sphere.. With the equator bulging and almost flat on the north pole..well if that's the case than no matter where you stand on that nearly flat part of the north pole.. Or regardless of the Earths alleged rotation on its axis
Your viewpoint to the Sun...allegedly 93 million miles away should Never change since supposedly the Earth is tilted at a 23.5 degree angle towards the sun
And videos of the north pole show that the sun never sets!  There....in those videos though it shows the sun constantly moving up and down but never fully setting..
At 93 million miles even though in the round earth hypothesis near the equator the sun rises from east to west but in the north pole it should always be visible and never change its relative position in the sky there because the northern pole is supposedly obloid remember?
Proves solidly again.. That our planet is FLAT

Polar Day - Sun never sets: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Here's one video showing like the rest.. This one filmed by the BBC... That sun keeps going up and down but never fully sets.. Clearly shows the Earth is flat.. If it was round and a flat obloid north pole than the sun should never move every hour as it does it would appear stationary especially being allegedly 93 million miles away!

@texasusaguy, have you even bothered to do some reason on why this happens?

You'd maybe find it's excellent evidence for the round earth model.  It can't possibly occur on a flat earth - which is why many flat earth proponents deny that the midnight sun isn't even an actual phenomenon.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:45:58 AM by JimmyTheCrab »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
You must have bunked off a lot of science lessons at school. Have you heard of seasons? The northern hemisphere is tilted towards the sun for half the year, and away from the sun for half the year, while the southern hemisphere experiences the opposite.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not but I don't know what your problem is. That video is overwhelming evidence for a round Earth.

"Round Earthers" don't say the Earth is a spheroid. Scientists have been saying it going back to at least Isaac Newton. That aside, it has nothing to do with the phenomenon you are talking about.

"Your viewpoint to the Sun...allegedly 93 million miles away should Never change since supposedly the Earth is tilted at a 23.5 degree angle towards the sun "

I'm not sure why you are reaching that conclusion. The distance to the sun has nothing to do with it.

I shall try to explain, although it strikes me as blindingly obvious. There will be a point on the Earth at any given time where the sun is directly overhead. The sun will be visible on roughly half the Earth's surface at any given time. To us on Earth is seems like a giant circle with a radius of about 6250 miles centred at the point where the sun is directly overhead. It's not really a circle though, it's the surface of a hemisphere. The Earth is rotating so the parts of the Earth that can see the sun are constantly changing, we call this day and night. If the axis of the Earth's rotation was exactly at 90 to the plane that the Earth rotates around the sun in, then at the poles the sun would be visible 24/7, 365 days a year. However, the Earth is slightly tilted. About 23 away from this position. This means at certain time of year there will be a circle around each pole in which it is possible to see the sun 24/7. There will also be times of the year when it is completely dark 24/7.

This happens at both the North and the South. This isn't possible on a flat Earth.

Also, if the sun wasn't visible because it was getting too far away on a flat Earth what we would see would be completely different. It would get smaller and fainter as winter approaches. What actually happens is that it rises and sets on points closer and closer to each other on the horizon. Again, overwhelming evidence for a round Earth.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

What I said doesn't support the hypothesis that some of you have that the Earth is Round...Because no flat Earther ever said that the sun goes OVER at a 90 degrees right angle over the north pole... The sun goes around it as clearly seen in the video...

What I said doesn't support the hypothesis that some of you have that the Earth is Round...Because no flat Earther ever said that the sun goes OVER at a 90 degrees right angle over the north pole... The sun goes around it as clearly seen in the video...

Who here said  that the sun goes directly overhead at the North pole?

How do you account for the fact the sun is visible 24/7 for months of the year in Antarctica whilst it is simultaneously dark 24/7 in the arctic? That is impossible on a flat Earth with the North pole at the centre.

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
There's only one explanation for this.

There must be two suns.  ;D ;D
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

Things don't do what noone says they would so earth must be flat. I guess that's final then.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Round Earthers say Earth is an obloid sphere.. With the equator bulging and almost flat on the north pole..well if that's the case than no matter where you stand on that nearly flat part of the north pole.. Or regardless of the Earths alleged rotation on its axis
Your viewpoint to the Sun...allegedly 93 million miles away should Never change since supposedly the Earth is tilted at a 23.5 degree angle towards the sun
And videos of the north pole show that the sun never sets!  There....in those videos though it shows the sun constantly moving up and down but never fully setting..
At 93 million miles even though in the round earth hypothesis near the equator the sun rises from east to west but in the north pole it should always be visible and never change its relative position in the sky there because the northern pole is supposedly obloid remember?

The oblateness of the Earth is really small, and also the midnight Sun video was not taken at the exact center of the North Pole, it was just taken within the arctic circle.
Proves solidly again.. The planet is ROUND
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Mikey T.

There is so much wrong with this statement I just do not know where to begin.  Relative direction of tilt towards and away from the sun changes due to the revolution around the sun.  Hence, seasons.  Due to the spin of the Earth, the sun appears to rise in the East and set in the West at the equator.  In the North, inside the Arctic circle, while it is tilted towards the sun during the Northern hemispheres summer the sun can travel all the way around the horizon without setting.  The same thing happens in the South, in the Antarctic circle during the Summer in the Southern Hemisphere.
So no your assumptions that you base your claims on are false.