How can space debris/satellites go 17,500mph faster than Earths rotation 1000mph

• 16 Replies
If we are to believe the lie of round Earthers that satellites in a so called low earth orbit travel at 17,500mpH but that the Earth rotates on its axis at over 1,000 mph and that Earths gravity keeps these objects attached to Earths rotation..than how can they travel so much faster? Where is the source of this acceleration..?.. This extra tremendous velocity?  Certainly an object going 17,500 mph has to have a source for such awesome acceleration... And space debris which magically never seems to fall to Earth but constantly keeps spinning..in the case of space debris it doesn't even have fuel source...and in case of alleged satellites.. Well they don't have a rocket system that is allegedly on non stop.. Remember according to Nasa and round Earthers it's Earths alleged gravitational pull and rotation that is magically keeping the satellites in orbit

sokarul

• Extra Racist
If we are to believe the lie of round Earthers that satellites in a so called low earth orbit travel at 17,500mpH but that the Earth rotates on its axis at over 1,000 mph and that Earths gravity keeps these objects attached to Earths rotation..than how can they travel so much faster? Where is the source of this acceleration..?.. This extra tremendous velocity?  Certainly an object going 17,500 mph has to have a source for such awesome acceleration... And space debris which magically never seems to fall to Earth but constantly keeps spinning..in the case of space debris it doesn't even have fuel source...and in case of alleged satellites.. Well they don't have a rocket system that is allegedly on non stop.. Remember according to Nasa and round Earthers it's Earths alleged gravitational pull and rotation that is magically keeping the satellites in orbit
Gravitation keeps there speed up rotation of earth doesn't matter. General relativity says satellites aren't accelerating. Please note 17,500 is a velocity, not an acceleration.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Mikey T.

I refer you to the answer I gave in your other almost identical post you submitted at the same time where you added balloons.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63006.0#.VPhzW3zF_Sc

I sure hope you're just playing dumb here.

If we are to believe the lie of round Earthers that satellites in a so called low earth orbit travel at 17,500mpH but that the Earth rotates on its axis at over 1,000 mph and that Earths gravity keeps these objects attached to Earths rotation [who ever said earth's rotation mattered for this?] ..than how can they travel so much faster? Where is the source of this acceleration..? [Rockets] This extra tremendous velocity? [Acceleration from rockets, applied over time.] Certainly an object going 17,500 mph has to have a source for such awesome acceleration... [Yes... rockets] And space debris which magically never seems to fall to Earth [It doesn't?  Citation needed] but constantly keeps spinning..in the case of space debris it doesn't even have fuel source...and in case of alleged satellites. [Which is why the orbits decay - usually very slowly, but much more rapidly as altitude decreases due to increasing drag] Well they don't have a rocket system that is allegedly on non stop. [Nope. They only need to apply energy to change their orbit; the rest of the time they're just coasting in a near-frictionless environment.] Remember according to Nasa and round Earthers [everyone who knows even the least about physics] it's Earths alleged gravitational pull and rotation [tangential velocity] that is magically keeping the satellites in orbit

Did you not take any science courses while in school, did you sleep through them, or are you just idly rambling? Your posts here show an astonishing lack of even rudimentary understanding of very basic physics and worse reasoning skillz. At least you capitalize the first letter in each sentence and some nouns.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

You can through all the seemingly idiotic nonsense but you can't deny that 50 miles above Earth when balloons are sent up for hundreds of miles in any direction you look the Earth is flat... So when does this magical curve occur??  No need to try to seem like you have knowledge when you either unknowingly or intentionally are lying and denying the truth

You can through all the seemingly idiotic nonsense but you can't deny that 50 miles above Earth when balloons are sent up for hundreds of miles in any direction you look the Earth is flat... So when does this magical curve occur??  No need to try to seem like you have knowledge when you either unknowingly or intentionally are lying and denying the truth

Not that it's particularly relevant, but can you cite a reliable example where a balloon has attained a height of 50 miles above the surface of the Earth? I did see one youtube link that seems to claim 256,000 ft, which is close, but it lacks substantiation. It also showed a clearly curved horizon, however high it was.

How high do you have to be to detect the curvature of the earth? Stand on a beach and look. That's all it takes! Watch the sea-level horizon appear to be the same distance from you no matter which direction you look. Watch ships disappear from the bottom up and appear from the top down. Travel a few miles. Repeat and confirm the same result.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

mikeman7918

• Round Earther

Velocity and acceleration are not the same thing, velocity is just how fast something is going and acceleration is a change of velocity.  Satellites were accelerated to their velocity by those sky scraper sized rockets under them when they were launched, and there is no air in space to cause the satellite to slow down.  An object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an external net force, and that's why satellites stay in motion.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther

It occurs when you stop intentionally ignoring it and attributing any curvature that you do see to be caused by a wide FOV camera.

kman

• Pastafarian
Just search "weather balloon curvature" and you will get hundreds of answers.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Not that it's particularly relevant, but can you cite a reliable example where a balloon has attained a height of 50 miles above the surface of the Earth? I did see one youtube link that seems to claim 256,000 ft, which is close, but it lacks substantiation. It also showed a clearly curved horizon, however high it was.

How high do you have to be to detect the curvature of the earth? Stand on a beach and look. That's all it takes! Watch the sea-level horizon appear to be the same distance from you no matter which direction you look. Watch ships disappear from the bottom up and appear from the top down. Travel a few miles. Repeat and confirm the same result.

According to your own method .. the sea HORIZON IS ALWAYS FLAT... i have NEVER seen it CURVE... that same result REPEATS OVER AND OVER regardless how much i travel the shoreline... when I turn towards the  HORIZON.. its ALWAYS FLAT lmao .. NICE TRY SHILL

According to your own method .. the sea HORIZON IS ALWAYS FLAT... i have NEVER seen it CURVE... that same result REPEATS OVER AND OVER regardless how much i travel the shoreline... when I turn towards the  HORIZON.. its ALWAYS FLAT lmao .. NICE TRY SHILL
[Fixed the nested quote for you.]

There's your problem. You may think it's flat because you're happy settling for "it looks flat to me" as meaning it actually is flat. In truth, even if you're standing on a beach, the horizon is slightly below level. From normal eye level, you'd have to measure it with an instrument like a theodolite to tell, but this nonetheless this is true. This phenomenon increases as your elevation above the horizon increases.

Now, if you have a horizon that, from the same height, is below level by the same amount (even a small one) for however wide a field you can see (360░ would be ideal), no matter where you are, you're on a sphere. Period. There are no other choices.

Lazy methodology is fooling you. "It looks flat" doesn't mean it is flat. This is true whether you like it or not.

Velocity and acceleration are not the same thing, velocity is just how fast something is going and acceleration is a change of velocity.  Satellites were accelerated to their velocity by those sky scraper sized rockets under them when they were launched, and there is no air in space to cause the satellite to slow down.  An object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an external net force, and that's why satellites stay in motion.
Well can you make up your mind ,which it is.Continuance on out in to space or orbiting around earth  .As you knuckle  heads  explain it . falling around the earth.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don'tů:

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Velocity and acceleration are not the same thing, velocity is just how fast something is going and acceleration is a change of velocity. 

You are mixing up velocity and speed.  Also, acceleration is the rate of change of velocity per time.  You seem to only be giving incomplete and inaccurate definitions here. 

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
Velocity and acceleration are not the same thing, velocity is just how fast something is going and acceleration is a change of velocity. 

You are mixing up velocity and speed.  Also, acceleration is the rate of change of velocity per time.  You seem to only be giving incomplete and inaccurate definitions here.
Velocity and speed are both measurements of how fast something is going.
Velocity is displacement over time, and speed is distance over time.
There, thats my sophomore/year 10 physics class in a nutshell
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

?

QuQu

Velocity is vector, speed is scalar (vector length)

Mikey T.

Yes Speed and velocity are often mis interchanged in everyday life.  You could think of it as this.  You can be going 60 mph North in your car at any given point in time in a direction, velocity is speed in a direction (vector).  Speed can be used without the direction component.  I traveled 60 miles on a curvy road in one hour, you were doing 45 for some of it and 75 for the rest therefore your avg speed was 60 mph.  Your current speed in your car as long as you are traveling in a direction could be considered your current velocity.  Once you change the direction it no longer is the same velocity but starts a new one in measurement terms. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther

I was dumbing it down for the guy why thought velocity and acceleration were the same thing.