Why does Saturn and Jupiter and other planets LOOK FAKE in the pictures?

• 33 Replies
In all the images of Saturn on Google Image.. from any agency or institution.. Saturn seems to be the most fake. With those weird rings and  Star Trek type graphics.

And in Jupiters case.. if you ever observe.. the ATMOSPHERE NEVER seems to change..

IN MOST of the pictures you see the famous RED EYE....  over and over..its as if Jupiter never changes its ORBIT... I though all planets rotated on their lovely axis?
And in some cases the Red Eye is up above near the top of the planet and in some pictures its on the BOTTOM.. wtf? Now how is that possible? Even if the Planet was rotating ... i don't see how the Red Eye can be in the top half of the Planet as compared to being in the lower half in MOST pictures...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
They look fake to you because you are uneducated.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
No, it's not that. They look fake because they are fake. You people just accept them then actually believe - even convince yourselves that you all own super telescopes and have seen them for yourselves.
They are fake. They always will be faked. The reason is simple. There's no such thing as saturn and all the rest of the garbage, like those pictures shown to us, imply.

You believe it all because you are totally and utterly, indoctrinated.

No, it's not that. They look fake because they are fake. You people just accept them then actually believe - even convince yourselves that you all own super telescopes and have seen them for yourselves.
They are fake. They always will be faked. The reason is simple. There's no such thing as saturn and all the rest of the garbage, like those pictures shown to us, imply.

You can see Jupiter with the naked eye.
That is how the Romans managed to see it, and name it after their God, Jupiter.

Do you actually know anything, at all, about anything? Not counting things you just make up!

Red eye goes top to bottom or vice versa when observing from south or north hemisphere. some telescopes also flip&mirror the image. Weather patterns on jupiter are seen to change due to planet's rotation during one night of observing, you just  haven't looked very attentively.

There's no such thing as saturn and all the rest of the garbage, like those pictures shown to us, imply.

Who told you this? Why do you believe it? [I doubt you really do believe this, but you like to come on here and see what response some random outrageous statement draws.]

No, we believe it because we actually do see for ourselves.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
I am a total flat earther, but I also have a telescope and have viewed Saturn and Jupiter. You can definitely see the ring around Saturn and the red and white layers of Jupiter.

But, they are just lights in the sky created by the Lord to mark the times and seasons. They are not planets and are much much smaller than earth. In the end times, the Sky will roll up like a scroll and the stars will fall to earth like figs falling from a fig tree.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
I am a total flat earther, but I also have a telescope and have viewed Saturn and Jupiter. You can definitely see the ring around Saturn and the red and white layers of Jupiter.

But, they are just lights in the sky created by the Lord to mark the times and seasons. They are not planets and are much much smaller than earth. In the end times, the Sky will roll up like a scroll and the stars will fall to earth like figs falling from a fig tree.
Why does the church acknowledge them as planets?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther

Scepti, I have seen the rings of Saturn and the gas bands and moons of Jupiter, I have seen Venus, Earth (duh), Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn with my telescope.  The reason why Jupiter's spot sometimes spears near the top is because there is no up and down in space and the space probe was not aligned with the poles of Jupiter.  If all of the pictures were from the same orientation then that would be suspicious.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

if you ever observe.. the ATMOSPHERE NEVER seems to change..

Quote from: texasusaguy
IN MOST of the pictures you see the famous RED EYE....  over and over..its as if Jupiter never changes its ORBIT... I though all planets rotated on their lovely axis?
And in some cases the Red Eye is up above near the top of the planet and in some pictures its on the BOTTOM.. wtf? Now how is that possible? Even if the Planet was rotating ... i don't see how the Red Eye can be in the top half of the Planet as compared to being in the lower half in MOST pictures...

You just contradicted yourself by those two statements
I think, therefore I am

I must say

that i too have looked through telescopes at Jupiter and Saturn and they are out there, and look just like the images we are shown via NASA.

The image below was gained courtesy of a Google image search.
When I looked through my friends amateur telescope this is the type of image I saw too
(minus the names of course)

Over the course of several hours of observing that planet, I could see what appeared to be the moons moving around the planet.

Re: Why does Saturn and Jupiter and other planets LOOK FAKE in the pictures?
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 06:37:26 AM »
or maybe it is just the way you look at it ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :o >:( ;D :D ;) :) :'( :-* :-\ :P

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 06:54:08 AM »
In all the images of Saturn on Google Image.. from any agency or institution.. Saturn seems to be the most fake. With those weird rings and  Star Trek type graphics.

Just because it looks weird because it has very thick cloud layers and rings of dust and ice clumps (like comets) is no reason to claim it is entirely fake

And in Jupiters case.. if you ever observe.. the ATMOSPHERE NEVER seems to change..

Completely false. With just a few hours observing through a small 8-in reflector, you can see features like the Great Red Spot moving over the surface. The reason the atmosphere appears to change very little because the cloud layers of hydrogen and helium are so thick as to appear constant.

Not exactly sure where you're going here, but I'm assuming you mean Jupiter never appears to rotate. Again, false. See my above statement.

This could be because a space probe that imaged it could have been upside down, relative to Jupiter. But in actuality, this is because the Great Red Spot is actually towards the "top" of Jupiter, and images taken by telescopes such as the VLT are flipped because they are reflected.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 08:27:36 AM »
NASA has been busted so many times faking photos, especially of Saturn and Jupiter.  This one is my favorite.  When you turn up the brightness, it looks like they edited the picture with MS Paint.  lol

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 09:05:21 AM »
NASA has been busted so many times faking photos, especially of Saturn and Jupiter.  This one is my favorite.  When you turn up the brightness, it looks like they edited the picture with MS Paint.  lol

'The truth, though, is far more mundane. According to NASA’s Emily Kakdawalia, who cops to the photoshopping, this is just business as usual trying to put together an attractive image for Astronomy Pic of the Day:
Cassini takes color pictures by snapping three sequential photos through red, green, and blue filters. In the time that separated the three frames, Dione moved, so if I did a simple color composite I would be able to make Titan look right, but not Dione; or Dione look right, but not Titan. So I aligned Dione, cut it out, and then aligned Titan, and then had to account for the missing bits of shadow where the bits of Dione had been in two of the three channels.'

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »

'The truth, though, is far more mundane. According to NASA’s Emily Kakdawalia, who cops to the photoshopping, this is just business as usual trying to put together an attractive image for Astronomy Pic of the Day:
Cassini takes color pictures by snapping three sequential photos through red, green, and blue filters. In the time that separated the three frames, Dione moved, so if I did a simple color composite I would be able to make Titan look right, but not Dione; or Dione look right, but not Titan. So I aligned Dione, cut it out, and then aligned Titan, and then had to account for the missing bits of shadow where the bits of Dione had been in two of the three channels.'

Wow, good excuse, not.  Why have they never released the original photo?  I can make up a lot of excuses too, and if I was part of NASA, you would lap it up unquestionably. 

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »
NASA has been busted so many times faking photos, especially of Saturn and Jupiter.  [/img]
So, are you suggesting that Saturn and Jupiter don't exist?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 10:01:40 AM »
NASA has been busted so many times faking photos, especially of Saturn and Jupiter.  [/img]

Are you suggesting that they did not use MS Paint to alter the image? 

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »

Wow, good excuse, not.  Why have they never released the original photo?  I can make up a lot of excuses too, and if I was part of NASA, you would lap it up unquestionably.
There is not one original picture, there are 3.  Try asking for them.

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 10:04:11 AM »

They explain how the image was produced, maybe they used Photoshop.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 10:06:07 AM »

Oh, I am sorry.  I did not realize that NASA did not have enough bandwidth to release 3 photos at one time.  Perhaps they should get on that unlimited data cell plan?  ::)

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »

Oh, I am sorry.  I did not realize that NASA did not have enough bandwidth to release 3 photos at one time.  Perhaps they should get on that unlimited data cell plan?  ::)
You understand why there are 3?

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 01:10:51 PM »
You know, if any FEer actually had a telescope or knew something about astronomy or space satellites and probes it would help.

If people had telescopes or visited "star parties" where amateur astronomers meet to observer the sky with various telescopes, they could view the heavens through many different sizes and types of telescopes and see that the heavens are real. Viewing Jupiter and Saturn through a couple dozen telescopes from 4" refractors to 36" "light buckets" would be very educational. But, FEers don't want to deal with reality - it would disrupt their fantasy view of the world.

As far as composite pictures, you should understand that there are typically 2 cameras (narrow/wide angle). Some may be black and white to save transmission bandwidth so various filters are put in front of them (red, blue, green, Methane band, UV, etc.) then they are composited as needed to show various features (clouds, heat, terrain, etc.) They don't have a dozen cameras on a space probe. Why should they? They need the space and power for things like spectrometers and magnetometers. See (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_1). These also need to last for decades. The technology for some of these is decades old now - particularly important when it comes to computers.

The responses from ignorant people are just amazing. Since you say pictures look FAKE, exactly how do you know what the planets are supposed to look like?
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »
REers, let me quote the Bible (NIV) Matt 7:6 - "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

We should not post pictures of planets (especially Neptune and Pluto - they don't exist), comets, stars, nebulas or galaxies on this site. Why should we educate FEers? They do not believe in outer space, fine. Why should they get the fruits of our labors?

At best, the human eye can see down to magnitude 6 under typical conditions (8 perfect conditions). In city lights, you're lucky if you can even see the stars. As FEers do not want telescopes, satellites and space probes, let's give them what they want. Let them only look at the pretty lights in the sky and dream up whatever sends them. After all, FE is their fantasy and limits and constrains them, not us.

I just came from the Broadway production of "Lion King":

Pumbaa: Hey, Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?
Timon: Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.
Pumbaa: Oh. What are they?
Timon: They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up on that big bluish-black thing

That is all FEers will know. That is all they deserve to know...
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »
REers, let me quote the Bible (NIV) Matt 7:6 - "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

We should not post pictures of planets (especially Neptune and Pluto - they don't exist), comets, stars, nebulas or galaxies on this site. Why should we educate FEers? They do not believe in outer space, fine. Why should they get the fruits of our labors?

At best, the human eye can see down to magnitude 6 under typical conditions (8 perfect conditions). In city lights, you're lucky if you can even see the stars. As FEers do not want telescopes, satellites and space probes, let's give them what they want. Let them only look at the pretty lights in the sky and dream up whatever sends them. After all, FE is their fantasy and limits and constrains them, not us.

I just came from the Broadway production of "Lion King":

Pumbaa: Hey, Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?
Timon: Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.
Pumbaa: Oh. What are they?
Timon: They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up on that big bluish-black thing

That is all FEers will know. That is all they deserve to know...

This is a growing idea especially in the truth movement. Theories like flat earth taint the already ridiculed movement. It's one thing if its true but as we REs see its very easy to prove false. Example is sunsets and rises. How do you explain that in a flat earth?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

ronxyz

• technologist
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »
They are all fake and not very good ones. I was the first person to publish 'false' color images made from the Mars rover data. I made these within the hour of the data being released. Sorry space people it is a con job, no more. Just because you see pretty lights in the night sky does not make them real physical objects. The Bible says the stars are there to guide man, maybe that's all there is to it. It adds a great wonder to your life. A great unknown to ponder, so enjoy your scopes and the technical discipline required.
If the Earth is a ball why don't we fall off the bottom?

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 04:58:34 AM »
They are all fake and not very good ones. I was the first person to publish 'false' color images made from the Mars rover data. I made these within the hour of the data being released. Sorry space people it is a con job, no more. Just because you see pretty lights in the night sky does not make them real physical objects. The Bible says the stars are there to guide man, maybe that's all there is to it. It adds a great wonder to your life. A great unknown to ponder, so enjoy your scopes and the technical discipline required.
We will. I am perfectly happy with images from my telescope and those of others (including the Hubble). You don't need to see the wonders of the heavens, just mists in the sky (Andromeda galaxy and Orion nebula) and your pretty lights. If you want to take FEers back to the science and observations of the Middle Ages (before Galileo), knock yourselves out. How can you even discuss Neptune, Pluto, nebulas and galaxies if you can't even see them? How can any single disk FEer even look at the heavens below the equator when the SCP doesn't even exist in his model? It does not change *my* wonderful wallpaper images on my computer. The limitations and constraints are yours not mine.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 04:38:55 AM »
We will. I am perfectly happy with images from my telescope and those of others (including the Hubble). You don't need to see the wonders of the heavens, just mists in the sky (Andromeda galaxy and Orion nebula) and your pretty lights. If you want to take FEers back to the science and observations of the Middle Ages (before Galileo), knock yourselves out. How can you even discuss Neptune, Pluto, nebulas and galaxies if you can't even see them? How can any single disk FEer even look at the heavens below the equator when the SCP doesn't even exist in his model? It does not change *my* wonderful wallpaper images on my computer. The limitations and constraints are yours not mine.
Jadyyn, I hope your equatorial mount will let you track all these little glow-worms on the inside of the dome!
These FEers seem to blame NASA for all this "fakery".  Robert Hooke did not have a camera in 1666 so could not take photos of Saturn in

Instead he just sketched it.
In 1883 Commons managed to photograph Saturn

I just wonder if Jroa will suggest Commons used Photoshop!  It is not very high resolution, but certainly looks the same planet that Hubble "Photoshops" for these FE supporters.  You just can't help laughing sometimes!

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 05:06:15 AM »

I made no suggestions, I just asked a simple question, which you avoided.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:29 AM »

I made no suggestions, I just asked a simple question, which you avoided.

I made no suggestions.  I simply pointed out a fact and gave an example.  You are the one who turned it around to suggest that I said something that I did not.  I know you thought you could outwit me, but it seems that you are the one who is out of his league.  Keep trying, though.  I admire your perseverance, even when your logic is very wrong.