why we cannot trust scientists

• 731 Replies
?

BJ1234

Re: why we cannot trust scientists
« Reply #690 on: March 27, 2015, 08:58:35 PM »
Also did you look up Pareidolia yet?

I already know what pareidolia is, and this is not that.
No, that is exactly what it is.
Those are clearly faeries.  I believe you're seeing insects because of a pre-existing bias.
Wait, who's being biased?
You are experiencing pareidolia here, not me.
What ever you say
You're the one who sees insects in everything.
Not seeing insects in everything, just where they are.

It is obvious you don't know what pareidolia is so here is a definition.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pareidolia
the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features
So I see them as insects in a certain kind of lighting that makes them glow.  You see them as fairies and therefore state that fairies exist.  So who is being biased?

« Reply #691 on: March 28, 2015, 06:15:48 AM »
Hi everyone! I am new on here but I am definitely not new to flat earth theory. I think I recently made some major improvements in showing how the so-called 'scientists' have been wrong for the last centuries. I watched a MTV documentary on 'Gravity' when all suddenly made sense. After a few checks on the internet, I found this topic which perfectly fits my views on scientists being assholes.

Think of that. If the earth were really spinning around the sun as described in gravitational theories, and considering that perpetual motion does not exist, it would oviously come inscreasingly closer to the sun and finally fall into it... The ideas of round earth and gravity are then not only false, but also scientifically terribly illogical. I did find arguments against my theory, but they're mostly irrelevant.

I see some of you guys are much more into real science (i mean no Einstein/Darwin conventional crap) than I actually am, but I'll try to read the whole topic and follow your arguments.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #692 on: March 28, 2015, 06:31:59 AM »
I watched a MTV documentary

'nuff said.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #693 on: March 28, 2015, 06:56:09 AM »
Yes, that does happen. Though it will never have us spiral into the sun, the planet will have been destroyed by then, the sun will expand to a red giant and engulf the earth.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #694 on: March 28, 2015, 07:08:44 AM »
Yes, that does happen. Though it will never have us spiral into the sun, the planet will have been destroyed by then, the sun will expand to a red giant and engulf the earth.

In time of expanding, Sun will loose its mass, so our orbit will be bigger in time.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #695 on: March 28, 2015, 07:15:34 AM »
Think of that. If the earth were really spinning around the sun as described in gravitational theories, and considering that perpetual motion does not exist, it would oviously come inscreasingly closer to the sun and finally fall into it

I'm just a round earth parrot, but I think, according established astronomy, the sun will not live long enough for earth spiraling into it, although we lose a tiny bit momentum every day. If earth gets swallowed by the sun becoming a Red Giant, opinions differ. Some say, it may survive as a molten ball haunting its outer atmosphere.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #696 on: March 28, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »
Think of that. If the earth were really spinning around the sun as described in gravitational theories, and considering that perpetual motion does not exist, it would oviously come inscreasingly closer to the sun and finally fall into it... The ideas of round earth and gravity are then not only false, but also scientifically terribly illogical. I did find arguments against my theory, but they're mostly irrelevant.

Research something like Newton cannon.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #697 on: March 28, 2015, 07:43:22 AM »

In time of expanding, Sun will loose its mass, so our orbit will be bigger in time.
I don't expect us to be saved by that.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #698 on: March 28, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »

We will live longer than you think. Because Sun is bigger and loses its mass, our orbit will be bigger. Second of all, because it will loose mass, it will loose energy, so temperature will be not that different.

« Reply #699 on: March 28, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »

We will live longer than you think. Because Sun is bigger and loses its mass, our orbit will be bigger. Second of all, because it will loose mass, it will loose energy, so temperature will be not that different.

Hmm, I'd never thought about that, but it's true. The sun does lose mass and hence its gravitational grip weakens. I wonder what the figures are for that?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #700 on: March 28, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »

Hmm, I'd never thought about that, but it's true. The sun does lose mass and hence its gravitational grip weakens. I wonder what the figures are for that?

Every star loses mass when it gains more on age. I studied physics on University of Warsaw, but I also like astrophysics.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:27:34 PM by LogicalKiller »

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #701 on: March 28, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »

Uh, that doesn't mean we'll live longer than estimated, if anything... we wouldn't live as long. If I understand RET correct, life on Earth formed because we are in the goldilocks zone. If the gravity of the sun weakens and we are further away from it, we would effectively move out of the goldilocks zone and possibly freeze to death or suffer from some other consequence I can't think of right now.

Thankfully this will never happen because the Earth is flat.
Read the FAQS.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #702 on: March 28, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »

Uh, that doesn't mean we'll live longer than estimated, if anything... we wouldn't live as long. If I understand RET correct, life on Earth formed because we are in the goldilocks zone. If the gravity of the sun weakens and we are further away from it, we would effectively move out of the goldilocks zone and possibly freeze to death or suffer from some other consequence I can't think of right now.

Our Sun will be like that after next 1,5 billion years, so... people will now almost magic technics to survive and will can possibly do synthetic air and oxygen, synthetic food and great bases in which we could live when outiside there is +200 Celsius or -100 Celsius temperature.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #703 on: March 28, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »

"These conditions must be met for A to be true. We observe A to be true. Therefore B is true."
-Vauxhall

Vauxhall

« Reply #704 on: March 28, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »

"These conditions must be met for A to be true. We observe A to be true. Therefore B is true."
-Vauxhall

Do you have a problem with my post? Because I don't see the relevance of your response.

Are you trying to say that we're not in the goldilocks zone according to RET?  ???

Our Sun will be like that after next 1,5 billion years, so... people will now almost magic technics to survive and will can possibly do synthetic air and oxygen, synthetic food and great bases in which we could live when outiside there is +200 Celsius or -100 Celsius temperature.

You're just theory crafting at this point.
Read the FAQS.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #705 on: March 28, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »
Do you have a problem with my post? Because I don't see the relevance of your response.

Are you trying to say that we're not in the goldilocks zone according to RET?  ???

Nope (we'd all be dead).

Just pointing out the logical fallacy in your post. If you're trying to make an argument for something, it helps when your argument makes logical sense. Otherwise it will be dismissed.

Vauxhall

« Reply #706 on: March 28, 2015, 03:03:38 PM »

Nope (we'd all be dead).

Just pointing out the logical fallacy in your post. If you're trying to make an argument for something, it helps when your argument makes logical sense. Otherwise it will be dismissed.

So you think that the Earth moving outside of the goldilocks zone is beneficial for humanity? That was my argument. Maybe you've misunderstood something.
Read the FAQS.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #707 on: March 28, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »

-Vauxhall

You're just theory crafting at this point.

No, I'm saying obvious thing. We were riding horses (1890), 80 years later we landed on Moon (1969). I see no problem of doing synthetic oxygen, air, food and a nice temperature system in a world at year 1 500 002 015th, we even today research how to do so things, so after 1,5 billion years I see no problem.

Nope (we'd all be dead).

So you think that the Earth moving outside of the goldilocks zone is beneficial for humanity? That was my argument. Maybe you've misunderstood something.

Don't you understand that if Sun was expanding, it would loose its gravitational grip and temperature? So habitational zone also would be respectively expanding.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #708 on: March 28, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »

Nope (we'd all be dead).

Probably. I haven't been following the argument. I just saw your post where you concluded the earth is flat out of the blue, which doesn't make any sense.

Vauxhall

« Reply #709 on: March 28, 2015, 03:10:04 PM »
If the sun was expanding, yes. But it seems like you're saying that the Sun loses mass:

Every star loses mass when it gains more on age. I studied physics on University of Warsaw, but I also like astrophysics.

Are you now changing your opinion? Does the Sun gain or lose mass over time (according to you)?

If the sun lost mass, the gravitational pull of the sun would weaken and we'd possibly be moved out of the goldilocks zone. If the sun gained mass, we'd very easily be burned to a crisp. Either way, it doesn't look good for humanity.
Read the FAQS.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #710 on: March 28, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »
Astrophysics in Warsaw is different. This getting further away from the sun - thingy...

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #711 on: March 28, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
If the sun was expanding, yes. But it seems like you're saying that the Sun loses mass:

Are you now changing your opinion? Does the Sun gain or lose mass over time (according to you)?

If the sun lost mass, the gravitational pull of the sun would weaken and we'd possibly be moved out of the goldilocks zone. If the sun gained mass, we'd very easily be burned to a crisp. Either way, it doesn't look good for humanity.

What do you not understand? I clearly said that Sun will loose mass over time.

Vauxhall

« Reply #712 on: March 28, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
Anyone else confused?
Read the FAQS.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #713 on: March 28, 2015, 03:36:06 PM »

It looses mass, but not fast enough to make a noticeable difference.  The Sun will die before Earth's orbit changes significantly.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #714 on: March 28, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »

It looses mass, but not fast enough to make a noticeable difference.  The Sun will die before Earth's orbit changes significantly.

Prove it.

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #715 on: March 28, 2015, 07:34:09 PM »

Prove it.

Here is a good start: http://solar-center.stanford.edu/FAQ/Qshrink.html

The majority of the Suns hydrogen mass is conserved as helium, only a tiny percentage is lost as energy.

Dog

• Literally a dog

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #717 on: March 29, 2015, 05:58:48 AM »

Prove it.

The majority of the Suns hydrogen mass is conserved as helium, only a tiny percentage is lost as energy.

Thanks. That's what I'm waiting for - evidence. And you, FE'ers, still can't do that.

« Reply #718 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »

Prove it.

Thanks. That's what I'm waiting for - evidence. And you, FE'ers, still can't do that.

You don't seem to realize there are plenty of evidences, as shown by the maps available on the website.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #719 on: March 29, 2015, 12:52:33 PM »

Prove it.

You don't seem to realize there are plenty of evidences, as shown by the maps available on the website.

I know you're trolling.