why we cannot trust scientists

• 731 Replies
Re: why we cannot trust scientists
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2015, 03:51:32 PM »
Are you totally retarded, or totally retarded? Im sorry but there seems to be no other explaination

Im surprised that the "serious" FE notioninsts haven't got rid of you by now

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »
Are you going to answer my question regarding my job?

What about materials that burst into flames with contact to air?

Why is there a glove box on property that is free of oxygen but if you open the door or have a leak oxygen shoots ip?

Another question, how does a car monitor the oxygen to fuel ratio? You can buy a wideband O2 sensor and gauge and see it in real time yourself.

no one understands a word of your gibberish. oxygen exists, it just is not everywhere. obviously things meant to sense air sense the aether.
So octane + aether--> CO2+ H2O. That is one sweet reaction. Glad to see aether can do whatever it wants.
Even by troll standards you are still a fucking idiot.
i wasn't referring to chemical reactions, i suspect they simply react to the change in pressure.
calling me a troll doesn't make your fantasy any more logical.
Then why does CO2 and H2O along with other compounds come out of your exhaust?

because chemicals react.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2015, 03:55:07 PM »
Some other things you will also need to do:

Figure out how cellular respiration works in your model.
Figure out how photosynthesis works in your model
Figure out why its harder to breathe at higher altitudes.
Figure out how global warming works in your model.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2015, 05:03:50 PM »

Why is there a glove box on property that is free of oxygen but if you open the door or have a leak oxygen shoots ip?

Another question, how does a car monitor the oxygen to fuel ratio? You can buy a wideband O2 sensor and gauge and see it in real time yourself.

no one understands a word of your gibberish. oxygen exists, it just is not everywhere. obviously things meant to sense air sense the aether.
So octane + aether--> CO2+ H2O. That is one sweet reaction. Glad to see aether can do whatever it wants.
i wasn't referring to chemical reactions, i suspect they simply react to the change in pressure.

because chemicals react.
Where does the oxygen cone from?

And back to my old question, how is there a glove box at my work that is oxgyen free but when the door is opened the detector can measure it?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

ausGeoff

« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2015, 12:22:48 AM »
Guys... I'm thinking that it's a total waste of your time and collective bandwidth to be "debating" with JRoweSkeptic.

The guy is obviously one of two things:  an extremely persistent troll with far, far too much spare time on his hands, or categorically mentally deranged.  Or maybe a bit of each thrown in for good measure LOL.

I can't believe that someone could post as much ludicrous pseudo-scientific drivel as this guy—with possibly sceptimatic and charles bloomington coming in as a close second and third.  Between them, these three amigos probably account for 75% of the bullshit posted here on these forums.  And that's being generous of spirit.

Seriously, anybody who denies the existence of air must be Looney Tunes.    ;D

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2015, 01:06:56 AM »
Wow, been gone for six weeks on vacation and FES has made me laugh out loud. Not even going to try here.

Sure we scientists like money, as do most people. Does that mean no one can be trusted? Science is self regulating, if you lie or cheat another scientist will figure it out sooner or later.

Anyway Geoff there are folks who believe in air but say they can live on sunshine and air alone. Not sure about anyone who says there is not air, except for Rowe here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

All sorts of crazy out there.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

ausGeoff

« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2015, 02:51:49 AM »
Sure we scientists like money, as do most people. Does that mean no one can be trusted? Science is self regulating, if you lie or cheat another scientist will figure it out sooner or later.

It would seem that most of the flat earthers believe that unless scientists work for no salary, then they must be all blatant liars, government shills or money grubbers.  That most research scientists have a couple of doctorates and 10 to 15 years of formal academic training on their CVs apparently doesn't warrant high salaries—according to the flat earthers.

Conversely, it must be that most flat earthers work at their jobs for zero pay, just for the betterment of the country.  And because they have no vested financial interests, their opinions and beliefs are as pure as the driven snow, and whatever they say must be the absolute truth.

Yeah... sure thing.    ;D

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:33 AM »

because chemicals react.

And back to my old question, how is there a glove box at my work that is oxgyen free but when the door is opened the detector can measure it?

water, maybe. the oxides in the surrounding metal. there are many possible sources.

i have answered that, pay attention. it clearly can't be measuring oxygen, it's probably affected by aether pressure.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2015, 05:46:35 AM »
Some other things you will also need to do:

Figure out how cellular respiration works in your model.
Figure out how photosynthesis works in your model
Figure out why its harder to breathe at higher altitudes.
Figure out how global warming works in your model.

i have explained so-called respiration.
photosynthesis takes sunlight.
it's harder to breathe at higher altitudes because aether is thicker there. explained.
global warming takes sunlight.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2015, 06:41:13 AM »

air does not exist, i never said gases did not. nitrogen etc do not occur around us, but they do exist. try reading.
When blowing up a balloon, what do you inhale then exhale to inflate the balloon?  Force?
Don't tell the terrorists. The could buy an air compressor and just compress pure energy. Imagine what they could do with 200 gallons of pure energy at 150 psi.
The problem I see with it is that since air doesn't exist, the air compressors won't do anything.  You need invent a force compressor for this plan to work.

force does account for expanding the balloon. even you have to admit that, with no force it wouldn't expand. the force dissipates if you leave it untied, and is slowly used up regardless even if you do tie off the balloon. this also shows air can't be to blame because air wouldn't be able to escape, while force does indeed dissipate.
Why wouldn't air be able to escape?  There is an opening in the balloon.  The rubber of the balloon has energy stored in it from being stretched.  The rubber then retains its original shape pushing the air out of the balloon.
compressed air can be any things. gases do exist so often they are simply compressed. otherwise they simply hold force, which is later released. that is how compressed air is used, remember?
But if air doesn't exist, how can it be compressed?

air can't escape if you tie off the hole.
So now air exists. Glad you came to your senses.
try reading.
If you typed with coherent thoughts, capitalizations and proper sentence structure, it would make it easier.
compressed air is the name, it is not an accurate description.
Then what is compressed air if it is not air that has been compressed?
the gases that make up air do exist, as i have repeatedly said. they are just clearly not everywhere like air is said to be.
Then where are they if they are not in the air?

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2015, 07:03:13 AM »
it's harder to breathe at higher altitudes because aether is thicker there. explained.

Lets focus on this right here.

IF the air is harder to breath at altitude because the aether is thicker, then why do planes have trouble gaining lift at high altitudes? Wouldnt they fly better there because of the thicker aether?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2015, 09:33:56 AM »

because chemicals react.

water, maybe. the oxides in the surrounding metal. there are many possible sources.

i have answered that, pay attention. it clearly can't be measuring oxygen, it's probably affected by aether pressure.

Thousands if liters if oxygen can be pulled out of rust to power your car?  Try again.

How does aether tell an oxygen detector to detect oxygen in a set amount and the react with hydrogen to create water? How does aether tell a hydrogen meter how much hydrogen is present in the same glove box? Is aether all knowing?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »

IF the air is harder to breath at altitude because the aether is thicker, then why do planes have trouble gaining lift at high altitudes? Wouldnt they fly better there because of the thicker aether?

they do not reach those altitudes because it is harder to fly into the thicker aether.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »

they do not reach those altitudes because it is harder to fly into the thicker aether.

No its demonstrable that they actually lose lift.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »

because every action has an equal and opposite reaction. they fail to go up further, so they get pushed down.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2015, 12:12:42 PM »

because every action has an equal and opposite reaction. they fail to go up further, so they get pushed down.
That's not how it works.

It's ok to admit you can't answer my questions. I'm still waiting for you to explain glove boxes and where the oxygen for combustion comes from.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »

That's not how it works.

It's ok to admit you can't answer my questions. I'm still waiting for you to explain glove boxes and where the oxygen for combustion comes from.

you're waiting because you're illiterate. i have already answered you. i suggest you try reading posts before acting like i haven't answered you.
combustion does not require oxygen. oxygen is not flammable, otherwise we'd all be dead, by your logic. and when you put a match into oxygen, the flame looks completely different. two pieces of evidence against that bs. fire requires heat (movement, dampened by putting a cup over a match or throwing a blanket), and a fuel source (wood).
your obsession with glove boxes is just disturbing. as their is no air,t hings that are meant to observe air are obviously just affected by the pressure of aether. are you going to pay attention to this answer, or make me repeat myself again?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »
What I do everyday proves you wrong.  You have zero evidence for your shit "theory".
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »
What I do everyday proves you wrong.  You have zero evidence for your shit "theory".

says the person who's been thoroughly debunked multiple times and routinely ignores my posts, including evidence i've presented.
you're just embarrassing yourself. if you can't respond to simple logic, just say so, spare us this song and dance.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
If you think that oxygen burns, you obviously don't know how fire works. No one claims that oxygen burns. I quote from the UCSB "For something to burn, the reaction requires a fuel (the thing that burns) and an oxidizer like oxygen."

We are embarrassing ourselves? You are the one who claims to talk to aether.
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »
If you think that oxygen burns, you obviously don't know how fire works. No one claims that oxygen burns. I quote from the UCSB "For something to burn, the reaction requires a fuel (the thing that burns) and an oxidizer like oxygen."

that makes no sense. think for yourself, you're saying fire somehow tells whether or not a gas is present even though that gas has nothing to do with the fire.
you're the one who's been debunked.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »

says the person who's been thoroughly debunked multiple times and routinely ignores my posts, including evidence i've presented.
you're just embarrassing yourself. if you can't respond to simple logic, just say so, spare us this song and dance.
I haven't been shown to be wrong in quite awhile.

You have posted zero evidence as opinions don't count.
Like I said, I make a living doing what you say is impossible.  You don't even understand combustion. You are just a fool.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2015, 01:57:46 PM »

Like I said, I make a living doing what you say is impossible.  You don't even understand combustion. You are just a fool.

i have given explanations for my view, and problems with your worldview. what more do you want?!
and now you think admitting you have a bias makes you clever. wow. you can't be serious.

and don't put words in my mouth. i have explained everything you've offered. your stubbornness is only proof of your stupidity.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2015, 02:02:54 PM »

i have given explanations for my view, and problems with your worldview. what more do you want?!
and now you think admitting you have a bias makes you clever. wow. you can't be serious.

and don't put words in my mouth. i have explained everything you've offered. your stubbornness is only proof of your stupidity.
I want evidence as defined by the scientific method. Your explanations are meaning less when in my daily routine I show them to be wrong.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »

I want evidence as defined by the scientific method. Your explanations are meaning less when in my daily routine I show them to be wrong.

your daily routine has several explanations which i have offered, and which you have ignored.

don't claim victory just because you're illiterate.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2015, 02:43:02 PM »

your daily routine has several explanations which i have offered, and which you have ignored.

don't claim victory just because you're illiterate.
I'm ignoring them because you made them up. What evidence can you post that show you are correct and I'm wrong?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:46:43 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »
JRS, what happens when a scuba diver runs out of air ???

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2015, 02:53:20 PM »

that makes no sense. think for yourself, you're saying fire somehow tells whether or not a gas is present even though that gas has nothing to do with the fire.

You obviously don't understand how fire works. Fire depends on oxygen.

If you've ever made a campfire you will know if you don't give the coals and the fire enough access to air, the fire will be smothered and die.

« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »

omg. This guy is seriously in a league of his own. Do we still have that vote going for the most insane poster of the month?  ;D