Infinite Energy!

• 126 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Infinite Energy!
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »
that's obvious bs. if the up and down forces weren't there, you'd get a more pronounced disc in that direction. the only point i'm making is that pushing it along does not net you a surface which pushes back against the force and making a sphere (or circle, in this case). you get a flattened line.

kman, this is evidence, it shows that your sphere could not come into being.

This video explains how it's possible for the Earth and the solar system to form like it did from a massive cloud of gas and dust:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

ausGeoff

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
that's obvious bs.

This is a very telling argument, and is difficult to refute satisfactorily.  With such intellectual depth, astuteness, and sheer scientific acumen, you've shot down his entire premise with just three words.

Obviously a true giant amongst flat earthers.  Your mom should be very proud indeed.    ;D

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2015, 03:33:48 AM »
that's obvious bs.

This is a very telling argument, and is difficult to refute satisfactorily.  With such intellectual depth, astuteness, and sheer scientific acumen, you've shot down his entire premise with just three words.

Obviously a true giant amongst flat earthers.  Your mom should be very proud indeed.    ;D

your inability to read beyond three words in a comment speaks as to your intelligence. you are incapable of understanding that something may be justified after it is stated, or indeed of understanding the concept of justification at all, as you persistently ignore it when it is given, and refuse to give any of your own beyond appealing to others who you trust blindly.

such a giant among round earthers, unable to address any logic provided and giving the same fall back without fail, no matter how many times it is shown to be pointless.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2015, 03:34:20 AM »
that's obvious bs. if the up and down forces weren't there, you'd get a more pronounced disc in that direction. the only point i'm making is that pushing it along does not net you a surface which pushes back against the force and making a sphere (or circle, in this case). you get a flattened line.

This video explains how it's possible for the Earth and the solar system to form like it did from a massive cloud of gas and dust:

it does not take into account the acceleration that we were under. do you now hold that never happened?

ausGeoff

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2015, 05:18:22 AM »
Such a giant among round earthers, unable to address any logic provided and giving the same fall back without fail, no matter how many times it is shown to be pointless.

LOL... do you ever think about actually writing any of your own stuff, you know, something that's original rather than simply a variation or a regurgitation of other peoples' prior comments?

I don't think any of us have ever seen an innovative proposal or an original thought from you in any of the stuff you've posted.  You seem to spend most of your time putting down other people and their ideas with cheap insults, but at the same time never putting forward any new ideas of your own.  And I've seldom seen you post one single accredited reference (other than silly third-party YouTube videos) to support any of your bizarre notions since you started infesting these forums.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2015, 05:21:00 AM »
Such a giant among round earthers, unable to address any logic provided and giving the same fall back without fail, no matter how many times it is shown to be pointless.

LOL... do you ever think about actually writing any of your own stuff, you know, something that's original rather than simply a variation or a regurgitation of other peoples' prior comments?

I don't think any of us have ever seen an innovative proposal or an original thought from you in any of the stuff you've posted.  You seem to spend most of your time putting down other people and their ideas with cheap insults, but at the same time never putting forward any new ideas of your own.  And I've seldom seen you post one single accredited reference (other than silly third-party YouTube videos) to support any of your bizarre notions since you started infesting these forums.

i have never used a youtube video as a reference. please stop lying. this is another lie you have been caught out on.
if you disagree, please provide some of your evidence that i have indeed posted a youtube video.

i provide logic. just because you have a problem with logic and an inability to respond to it, does not mean you get to reject it in favor of blind adherence to whatever a few other people say.

ausGeoff

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2015, 07:00:47 AM »
I provide logic. just because you have a problem with logic and an inability to respond to it, does not mean you get to reject it in favor of blind adherence to whatever a few other people say.

No you don't.  You merely keep on repeating this hollow mantra time and again on these forums.  You seem to think—like a little child—that if you say it enough times it'll become the truth.

Your common MO seems to encompass personal insults, ridicule of science, a lack of supporting evidence, ignorance of acknowledged facts, philosophical inconsistencies, and logical fallacies, all held together with the glue of an over-inflated ego.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »

it does not take into account the acceleration that we were under. do you now hold that never happened?

It doesn't have to, every atom is being accelerated the same amount in the same direction and so everything behaves just as it does when there is no acceleration at all.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »
I provide logic. just because you have a problem with logic and an inability to respond to it, does not mean you get to reject it in favor of blind adherence to whatever a few other people say.

No you don't.  You merely keep on repeating this hollow mantra time and again on these forums.  You seem to think—like a little child—that if you say it enough times it'll become the truth.

Your common MO seems to encompass personal insults, ridicule of science, a lack of supporting evidence, ignorance of acknowledged facts, philosophical inconsistencies, and logical fallacies, all held together with the glue of an over-inflated ego.

and your mo seems to be an inability to provide any evidence for your assertions whatsoever. i answer questions with explanations, and evidence whenever i bring in new details (rarely). you offer 'duhhhhh'. try saying something of value.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2015, 08:20:01 AM »

It doesn't have to, every atom is being accelerated the same amount in the same direction and so everything behaves just as it does when there is no acceleration at all.

that clearly can't be true, that requires an extreme amount of order; an impossible amount, even. plus you need to take the friction of molecules into effect.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2015, 08:23:27 AM »
that clearly can't be true, that requires an extreme amount of order; an impossible amount, even. plus you need to take the friction of molecules into effect.

Gravity does the same thing, it accelerates every atom the exact same amount.  And friction against what?  Empty space?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »

Gravity does the same thing, it accelerates every atom the exact same amount.  And friction against what?  Empty space?

gravity accelerates every atom towards each other, according to you. and 'friction of molecules'. try reading. molecules touch, they have friction. they slow, molecules behind get pushed into them, a disc forms.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2015, 09:28:39 AM »

gravity accelerates every atom towards each other, according to you. and 'friction of molecules'. try reading. molecules touch, they have friction. they slow, molecules behind get pushed into them, a disc forms.

So you are saying that two molecules "touching" each other will somehow magicaly start slowing down because of friction?  Friction only slows things down relative to each other when they are touching, it doesn't just make everything slow down in some universal reference frame.  The molecules behind would not get pushed into the molecules in front because they are all accelerating the exact same amount, nothing would get pushed into anything.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2015, 09:34:41 AM »

So you are saying that two molecules "touching" each other will somehow magicaly start slowing down because of friction?  Friction only slows things down relative to each other when they are touching, it doesn't just make everything slow down in some universal reference frame.  The molecules behind would not get pushed into the molecules in front because they are all accelerating the exact same amount, nothing would get pushed into anything.
moelcules that brush will impart friction. they cannot keep moving at the same speed, basic physics. double mass, velocity halves even if they were going at the same speed with constant energy. this is simple.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »

moelcules that brush will impart friction. they cannot keep moving at the same speed, basic physics. double mass, velocity halves even if they were going at the same speed with constant energy. this is simple.

I never said anything about speed, I said acceleration.  If molecules touch each other and cause friction then their net acceleration would be different but the acceleration due to dark energy would be the same.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2015, 10:04:45 AM »

I never said anything about speed, I said acceleration.  If molecules touch each other and cause friction then their net acceleration would be different but the acceleration due to dark energy would be the same.

acceleration and velocity are related. if velocity changes suddenly and irregularly, acceleration changes. and net acceleration is all that matters, but who cares? velocity is more practically relevant, and it makes my point.

but sure, let's get onto dark energy. do you have any evidence for that which isn't "my theory does not account for everything, so i must include this entity whose sole trait is to explain that which i don't now."
i suspect not since that is all any scientist offers in support of it. i've removed the need for that assumption.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »

acceleration and velocity are related. if velocity changes suddenly and irregularly, acceleration changes. and net acceleration is all that matters, but who cares? velocity is more practically relevant, and it makes my point.

but sure, let's get onto dark energy. do you have any evidence for that which isn't "my theory does not account for everything, so i must include this entity whose sole trait is to explain that which i don't now."
i suspect not since that is all any scientist offers in support of it. i've removed the need for that assumption.

Dark matter and dark energy are not assumptions, they are place holder names for what we don't understand.  How many times do I have to tell you this?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »

Dark Energy and Dark Matter are properly described as a hypothesis to explain an observation.  Nothing more, nothing less. 
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
Most of these clowns don't even own a telescope let alone know what they're looking at. They are full of bullshit and arguing for the sake of it.
I can't be arsed with them anymore. I'm just going to stick to seeing what real free thinkers have to say as well as putting my own stuff up for free thinkers to look into.

I own a telescope, Dephelis owns a telescope, and I know of quite a few more round eartgers on this forum who own and regularly use a telescope.  Name one flat earther that owns a telescope, I bet you can't.
And you can get a half-decent telescope capable of seeing the moon well and the moons of Venus, for around $30-$50. Not that hard to get one.

I think you mean Jupiter. Venus is sadly bereft of moons.
Yeah. Stupid winter, it's getting me off my game  :P
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Mikey T.

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
Dark energy and Dark matter are hypothesized to account for some observations.   They are a placeholder for observations that need this for further explanation.  In this way they are much like the aether proposed by some FET models.  The main difference is that aether is being seemingly incorrectly used to explain many things that have already been explained by other means already accepted.  This part of the aether argument will have to endure much heavier debate due to it breaking a tested model.  Dark matter/energy effects do not explain anything already accepted. 
I still assert that without the conspiracy theory the FET is completely debunked.  But for now the discussion continues due to the fact that there is no possible way to argue against conspiracy theories since any evidence is dismissed as part of the conspiracy.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2015, 12:55:58 PM »

Dark matter and dark energy are not assumptions, they are place holder names for what we don't understand.  How many times do I have to tell you this?

aside from your swift evasion, that is the point. from observation, we see certain things must be the case. even if we do not fully understand every property, we understand that something is there, and we know at the bare minimum it must be able to do the one thing necessary to complete our observations.
do you disagree?

the aether is a necessary explanation, on a flat earth (which we can deduce from other factors).

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
the aether is a necessary explanation, on a flat earth (which we can deduce from other factors).

Well get back to us when you can prove the Earth is round!
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »

Well get back to us when you can prove the Earth is round!

i'm assuming you mean flat. it's been done elsewhere. i'm not interested in changing the topic yet more.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
aside from your swift evasion, that is the point. from observation, we see certain things must be the case. even if we do not fully understand every property, we understand that something is there, and we know at the bare minimum it must be able to do the one thing necessary to complete our observations.
do you disagree?

Speaking of the aether, do you have any math describing it?  I thought not, I close my case.

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2015, 06:48:45 PM »
So when can we go and get our Utopian society? But seriously, is the UA infinite energy? What is it's origins?.

Our universe, in my humble opinion all comprised of energy, and the universe is infinite.
So your theses in that regards is quite correct.

However, our access to it, is strictly monitored and regulated.

Lets face it, the human being at present is quite a stupid animal. We simply are not allowed to play with the fires of such potential energies. :-\

Most human beings would fail an idiot test?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2015, 08:03:07 PM »
Our universe, in my humble opinion all comprised of energy, and the universe is infinite.

So you admit that your views are just an opinion and then you call us all stupid for not believing them.  You can't even provide math to support any of your shots in the dark you call theories, and yet you claim that logic backs you up which it clearly doesn't sense math is logic in written form.

Lets face it, the human being at present is quite a stupid animal.

You mean that everyone is stupid compared to your vast intellect?  Sounds just like something a vain idiot who thinks he is a genius would say.  The smarter you are the slower you are to admit you are smart, and you seem to think that everyone else can't change a light bulb while you can single handedly deduce all of physics without even using experiments and math.

ausGeoff

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2015, 12:36:51 AM »
Moelcules that brush will impart friction. they cannot keep moving at the same speed, basic physics. Double mass, velocity halves even if they were going at the same speed with constant energy.

Friction is not and can not be "imparted" by any scientific definition.  It's more than obvious you're (apparently?) unaware of exactly what friction even is.

So... other than as a guess, can you tell us what the frictional coefficient is between a sodium chloride molecule and a carbon molecule?  And is this friction force static or kinetic?  Or can it be either, and if so why?

The frictional force can be expressed as:

Ff = μ N       

where

Ff = frictional force (N, lb)

μ = static (μs) or kinetic (μk) frictional coefficient

N = normal force (N, lb)

—I await your considered opinion, along with your calculations.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2015, 01:45:12 AM »
do you disagree?

Speaking of the aether, do you have any math describing it?  I thought not, I close my case.

stop repeating yourself in every thread on this site. i am talking to you elsewhere, i do not want to have to copy and paste the response in every single thread.
and now you've got geoff doing it too. i'm not even sure what he's trying to say.

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2015, 01:46:52 AM »
are you saying everyone you has heard god is schizophrenic?

Absolutely.

think for yourself. just because someone hears voices does not mean they are schizophrenic.

talk to someone sometime. do you hear what they have to say? you're either deaf or you hear speaking.

You need help..
Im not joking or caling you a whack-job....
but you really do show signs of illness- Its nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to a lot of people.

ausGeoff

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2015, 02:50:55 AM »
...and now you've got Geoff doing it too. I'm not even sure what he's trying to say.

So you're apparently unable to understand even common English now JRoweSkeptic?

I asked you a very simple question:  Can you tell us what the frictional coefficient is between a sodium chloride molecule and a carbon molecule?  And is this friction force static or kinetic?  Or can it be either, and if so why?

Or can you not answer this question in order to support the many claims you've made about friction being "imparted" from one substance to another (such as sodium chloride and carbon for example) so as to cause heat?  You've now based several of your claims solely on the mechanics of friction, so isn't it about time you detailed what exactly you understand about friction, and how it works?